Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,008 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation (591 Views)

Christmas Giveaway And Family Helping Thread / Why Your Diasporan Friends And Family Do Not Send You Money When You Ask. / For Men And Family Wey Sabi Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by xristos(m): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2020
Hi house, Please I need help...and need advise.
Am writing on behalf of a sister..

as a woman I've got 2 kids, 3 years and 1-plus....am not yet working but I want to start work soon.
Its been difficult to meet all the needs. my husbands help is not sufficient.
We live in a 1-bedroom......
A maid would have helped but I have concerns as to where he/she would sleep as its just a room and a parlour.
When the job comes, I have to prepare kids for school with breakfast, and myself...and I have to leave the house by 7am.
Kids would also get back from school early,

How do you think i can work this around, or will i have to forget about job for now, or still get a maid (part time or full time), ...or get a daycare? or what....all d bill are currently on my husband....earns 150k
in Abuja

any advise is welcome....thanks
Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by Saintmary(f): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
On your profile, change your gender from "male" to "female" first, then let's talk.
Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by Kenoxman(m): 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
Work from home then. There are a lot of businesses and services u can do/render from home. Find the one that suits u, get the skill and earn. Good thing is, a good number of them require little capital to set up. *** Change ur moniker to female as the poster above suggested so ppl can take u serious***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by xristos(m): 10:28am On Jan 24, 2020
thanks for ur replies....
I just edited ...am writing on behalf of my sister
Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by ADUKKY(f): 10:41am On Jan 24, 2020
Since you are yet to start the job, start snooping around for a good creche preferably one that operates from their home. This will help you not to be under pressure on days when you are stuck in traffic. Go and invest in good food flasks that keep food warm for long. Draw up a timetable to avoid the stress of thinking of what to cook, that thing can give you migraine. Start investing in home appliances like freezer, washing machine, microwave, blender, electric kettle, they will make your life easier. Discuss with your husband, you will be needing his help and understanding. I am a married woman with 2 children, i work however my husband is a very good support system and he is understanding. We all leave home together, drop the children in school before heading to our respective offices. School bus picks our children and drops them at the creche and i pick them on my way home. I cook meals for everyone to take to work and school, the children take breakfast before leaving home and I also pack lunch for their after school. Assignments are done at the creche while i crosscheck when we get home. Hubby and I eat whatever we can lay our hands on in the evening. I do meal preparation before going to bed to save time the following morning. I do monthly bulk buying, I can't be going to market on a daily basis. Laundry is done on friday night, ironing on sunday. What i am trying to say is overtime, you will have established a routine that makes things easy for you. Easier said than done, but can be done. All the best. Don't forget to pray along as you search for creche, ask questions from their current customers and their neighbours, ask your friends and neighbours for recommendation. You'll be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by xristos(m): 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
ADUKKY:
Since you are yet to start the job, start snooping around for a good creche preferably one that operates from their home. This will help you not to be under pressure on days when you are stuck in traffic. Go and invest in good food flasks that keep food warm for long. Draw up a timetable to avoid the stress of thinking of what to cook, that thing can give you migraine. Start investing in home appliances like freezer, washing machine, microwave, blender, electric kettle, they will make your life easier. Discuss with your husband, you will be needing his help and understanding. I am a married woman with 2 children, i work however my husband is a very good support system and he is understanding. We all leave home together, drop the children in school before heading to our respective offices. School bus picks our children and drops them at the creche and i pick them on my way home. I cook meals for everyone to take to work and school, the children take breakfast before leaving home and I also pack lunch for their after school. Assignments are done at the creche while i crosscheck when we get home. Hubby and I eat whatever we can lay our hands on in the evening. I do meal preparation before going to bed to save time the following morning. I do monthly bulk buying, I can't be going to market on a daily basis. Laundry is done on friday night, ironing on sunday. What i am trying to say is overtime, you will have established a routine that makes things easy for you. Easier said than done, but can be done. All the best. Don't forget to pray along as you search for creche, ask questions from their current customers and their neighbours, ask your friends and neighbours for recommendation. You'll be fine.

Thanks so much for this....
But ure also saying Maid idea would'nt work in this scenario??
Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by ADUKKY(f): 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2020
Except you are planning to move to bigger apartment, though i believe you can do without a maid with proper planning and your husband's support.
xristos:

Thanks so much for this....
But ure also saying Maid idea would'nt work in this scenario??
Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by xristos(m): 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
ADUKKY:
Except you are planning to move to bigger apartment, though i believe you can do without a maid with proper planning and your husband's support.

ok fine.

Another topic...what do you call husband support in this case.....because some men will ask, how exactly do you want my support than the ones am doing"

Help A - u mean helping to bathe a female 3yr toddler, or help to cook, or help to prepare breakfast,..while she's doing something else.
Help B - things like ignoring/understand when the wife is tired to cook or do some house chores, understand sometimes late coming, understand tiredness, etc
Help C - Finances to sort things out
Help D - keeping the kids busy while she's on to something else (that should be weekends, and after they have eaten), or helping to drop or pickup to n fro school/daycare.
all these considering the husband goes to work and could return like 8pm...except weekends.

Thanks so much, somethings has been gained.
Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by ADUKKY(f): 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
Help in every form. Understanding it's not everyday you come home to meals, there will be days when snacking is the only option. Understanding that some weekends he needs to help around the house. Understanding that he needs to wake as early as i do to get the children ready for school. Understanding that there will be days when my body is weak and wants to be rested so he handles the kids. So it's all encompassing emotionally, physically, morally. He needs to understand that we are in this together nothing like it's her work or responsibility. Please note that i do not take all that he does around the house for granted as he knows that i am very hard working woman so when i say babe i need to rest, rest is it. He takes charge.
xristos:

ok fine.

Another topic...what do you call husband support in this case.....because some men will ask, how exactly do you want my support than the ones am doing"

Help A - u mean helping to bathe a female 3yr toddler, or help to cook, or help to prepare breakfast,..while she's doing something else.
Help B - things like ignoring/understand when the wife is tired to cook or do some house chores, understand sometimes late coming, understand tiredness, etc
Help C - Finances to sort things out
Help D - keeping the kids busy while she's on to something else (that should be weekends, and after they have eaten), or helping to drop or pickup to n fro school/daycare.
all these considering the husband goes to work and could return like 8pm...except weekends.

Thanks so much, somethings has been gained.
Re: Wife Aspirations And Family Obligation by xristos(m): 4:41pm On Jan 24, 2020
ADUKKY:
Help in every form. Understanding it's not everyday you come home to meals, there will be days when snacking is the only option. Understanding that some weekends he needs to help around the house. Understanding that he needs to wake as early as i do to get the children ready for school. Understanding that there will be days when my body is weak and wants to be rested so he handles the kids. So it's all encompassing emotionally, physically, morally. He needs to understand that we are in this together nothing like it's her work or responsibility. Please note that i do not take all that he does around the house for granted as he knows that i am very hard working woman so when i say babe i need to rest, rest is it. He takes charge.

very well understood.....thanks a bunch.

(1) (Reply)

Never Open Your Booth For Anyone While You're Inside / £25m Businessman Is Searching For A Wife - Are You Interested? / Missing Policeman Found With Pregnant Side-chic – Wife Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.