Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,986 members, 7,973,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:53 PM

Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery (2070 Views)

6-Year-Old Girl Raped & Killed In Kaduna, Body Found Dumped At Cemetery (Pix) / Man Who Slept With Numerous Girls At Cemetery Confesses (video) / Two Gay Men Caught Making Love At Cemetery In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by naijaloudmouth1: 2:19am On Jan 29, 2020
A man who has plan to be cremated and not buried was so shocked to find his own grave at a cemetery blaming his ex- wife though he is not too sure he said.

Alan Hattel 75, said he was worried by the fact that he has not received any phone calls from friends family even enemies for the pass three to four months, and couldn’t figure out why. Now he believes people think he died – and wants them to know the truth.

He declared: ‘I’m still alive’, as he stood beside his headstone and said reports of his death had been greatly exaggerated. Mr Hattel said he had realised something was not right because his social life has been deathly quiet for the past three or four months. The headstone was erected at Newmonthill Cemetery in Forfar. He says it was done without his knowledge and the whole thing was ‘like something out of Only Fools and Horses’. He has also spoken to Angus Council officials and plans to put a cover over the headstone which bears his name. The 75-year-old, who spent 37 years as a welder before retiring, claimed his ex-wife has bought the plot of land and put up the headstone with the intention of them being buried together. Both their names appear on the headstone. ‘I’ve never, ever said I wanted to be buried alongside my ex-wife,’ said Mr Hattel, who has two grown-up children with his former spouse. ‘We’ve been separated 26 years and there’s no animosity but I’m struggling to take it all in. ‘To find out you have a gravestone in a cemetery while you are still alive isn’t something that happens every day.’ A family member at Mrs Hattel’s home said: ‘This is a family matter being dealt with privately.’

https://preciousnaija.com/man-finds-his-own-grave-at-cemetery/

1 Like

Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by Oluwaphemite(m): 2:36am On Jan 29, 2020
This is serious.
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by Freestainworld(m): 2:58am On Jan 29, 2020
very serious
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by daddytime(m): 3:15am On Jan 29, 2020
The living dead....
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by SniperSmurf(m): 4:27am On Jan 29, 2020
The headstone looks digital though.
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by 12Monkeys: 6:49am On Jan 29, 2020
Dem don do you burial in advance .

Dude must have been an assh0le to everyone around him

1 Like

Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by chiommy123(f): 7:15am On Jan 29, 2020
How did he manage to see it?
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by Fizzymike1(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2020
The dude looks troublesome self.
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by BernardShrXH: 7:22am On Dec 07, 2020
The secretary tells Congress that he is not removing the headstones that have swastikas engraved on them. On the one hand, this is correct, since this is pure memory and must be appreciated. On the other hand, it is worth changing the tombstones, since they still deteriorate and this inscription will eventually disappear anyway, only when it disappears everyone will no longer know what kind of tombstone it was. I believe that it is better to change the headstone and order a nice nice inscription on the headstone. At the moment I want to tell you so that you can find a nice flat headstone with vases and beautiful inscriptions. On this site, I found a bunch of different flat headstones for graves.
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by DanBond: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2020
BernardShrXH:
The secretary tells Congress that he is not removing the headstones that have swastikas engraved on them. On the one hand, this is correct, since this is pure memory and must be appreciated. On the other hand, it is worth changing the tombstones, since they still deteriorate and this inscription will eventually disappear anyway, only when it disappears everyone will no longer know what kind of tombstone it was. I believe that it is better to change the headstone and order a nice nice inscription on the headstone. At the moment I want to tell you so that you can find a nice flat headstone with vases and beautiful inscriptions. On this site, I found a bunch of different flat headstones for graves.
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!
Re: Man Finds His Own Grave At Cemetery by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2020
So u haven't seen different people bearing same name?? Mtshewww!

(1) (Reply)

I Was Shot For Killing Too Many Bokoharam Members- Ex Nigerian Military Alleges / BREAKING: Wale Jana Reportedly Arrested By EFCC For Investment Fraud / 14- Years Allegedly Raped And Strangled His Ten 10-years Cousin Sister To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.