Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,950 members, 7,890,128 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:44 AM

Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria (694 Views)

Biography, Profile Of Prof. Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Director / 'we Support The Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen' - Muslim Rights Group, MURIC / Muslim Group MURIC Gives Falz 7 Days Ultimatum To Withdraw This Nigeria Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by prof2007: 11:46am On Jan 29, 2020
A group known as Coalition of Progressive Yoruba Islamic Groups (COPYIG) has described Ishaq Akintola, director of Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), as a big threat to southern Nigeria. Reacting to Akintola’s call for rebranding of Amotekun, a regional security outfit, COPYIG alleged that Akintola has an agenda to tear the country apart.

The MURIC director had said Amotekun has a biblical origin. He had also accused governors who floated the outfit of recruiting only Christians into Amotekun which he described as a militia. The Western Nigeria Security Network is code-named Amotekun, Yoruba word for leopard.

Mukthar Okunade, national coordinator of the coalition, said Akintola is promoting rebellion against Yoruba people.

“It is unfortunate that one Akintola who leads MURIC has consistently fanned embers of disunity in Yorubaland hiding under the guise of Islam to set brothers against brothers, communities against communities and men against women,” he said.

“Akintola has no followers. He is an extremist and a sadist. He appears to have suicide instinct. We urge him not to attempt to drag the entire Yoruba along on his pathway of mischief and treachery against the Yoruba people. In his riotous mind, blind rage and in a show of complete lack of wisdom, he claimed Amotekun is a Christian outfit. This shows how shallow and irresponsible Akintola is.

“The head of Amotekun in Ogun state is a retired AIG, Subair; the man in charge of Amotekun in Ondo state is Aliu Tijani, a retired senior police officer, the person in charge of Amotekun in Ekiti State is Chief Jinadu. Aare Ona Kakanfo Iba Gani Adams who has been supporting Amotekun is a Muslim. The Alaafin Oyo who backs Amotekun is a Muslim. We caution Akintola to halt is hatred for the Yoruba Nation.We urge him to learn to read books and bail himself out of his state of psychological disorder.

“Akintola is a big threat to Southern Nigeria, especially the Yoruba, Igbo and South South who owe the key to the liberation of Southern Nigeria from Fulani stranglehold”

The coalition also called on the Lagos State University (LASU) to sack Akintola, describing his ideas as “injurious to the search for knowledge in any decent society”.

SOURCE (abridged): https://www.thecable.ng/islamic-group-muric-director-is-a-big-threat-to-southern-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by saaron(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2020
MURIC is the spokesperson and mouthpiece of the fulani caliphate in Sokoto. Their mission is to divide South West along religious line - divide and rule. But the real target of the fulani caliphate is Amotekun. They want to destroy it by any means necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by Arrewa: 11:52am On Jan 29, 2020
CAN at the other hand is a biggest treat to northern Nigeria
Muric dey even learn for where CAN dey when it comes to hypocrisy,stereotype and saying something that has no significance out of proportion

How people of God easily find the will and courage to hate and spread propaganda usually overwhelms me.
Islam, religion of peace. Christianity, religion of love. And yet, we experience neither peace nor love in this country
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by sLentlover7778(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2020
Akintola is a big threat to Southern Nigeria, especially the Yoruba, Igbo and South South who owe the key to the liberation of Southern Nigeria from Fulani stranglehold”

Remove igbo from the list please.. Akintola can't be a threat to igbo race.. grin grin grin
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by JosEast(m): 11:54am On Jan 29, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
Arrewa:
Muric dey even learn for where CAN dey when it comes to hypocrisy,stereotype and saying something that has no significance out of proportion

How people of God easily find the will and courage to hate and spread propaganda usually overwhelms me.
Islam, religion of peace. Christianity, religion of love. And yet, we experience neither peace nor love in this country
Never compare CAN with Muric.

MURIC is trying to cause problem where none exist through lies
while CAN is in a sectarian fight where conflict already exists.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by Horladipupo0505: 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
I reli DNT know the problem of that man nigeria is in a big mess he is still talking about religion..dis kind of ppl need to be checked properly

1 Like

Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
prof2007:
A group known as Coalition of Progressive Yoruba Islamic Groups (COPYIG) has described Ishaq Akintola, director of Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), as a big threat to southern Nigeria. Reacting to Akintola’s call for rebranding of Amotekun, a regional security outfit, COPYIG alleged that Akintola has an agenda to tear the country apart.

The MURIC director had said Amotekun has a biblical origin. He had also accused governors who floated the outfit of recruiting only Christians into Amotekun which he described as a militia. The Western Nigeria Security Network is code-named Amotekun, Yoruba word for leopard.

Mukthar Okunade, national coordinator of the coalition, said Akintola is promoting rebellion against Yoruba people.

“It is unfortunate that one Akintola who leads MURIC has consistently fanned embers of disunity in Yorubaland hiding under the guise of Islam to set brothers against brothers, communities against communities and men against women,” he said.

“Akintola has no followers. He is an extremist and a sadist. He appears to have suicide instinct. We urge him not to attempt to drag the entire Yoruba along on his pathway of mischief and treachery against the Yoruba people. In his riotous mind, blind rage and in a show of complete lack of wisdom, he claimed Amotekun is a Christian outfit. This shows how shallow and irresponsible Akintola is.

“The head of Amotekun in Ogun state is a retired AIG, Subair; the man in charge of Amotekun in Ondo state is Aliu Tijani, a retired senior police officer, the person in charge of Amotekun in Ekiti State is Chief Jinadu. Aare Ona Kakanfo Iba Gani Adams who has been supporting Amotekun is a Muslim. The Alaafin Oyo who backs Amotekun is a Muslim. We caution Akintola to halt is hatred for the Yoruba Nation.We urge him to learn to read books and bail himself out of his state of psychological disorder.

“Akintola is a big threat to Southern Nigeria, especially the Yoruba, Igbo and South South who owe the key to the liberation of Southern Nigeria from Fulani stranglehold”

The coalition also called on the Lagos State University (LASU) to sack Akintola, describing his ideas as “injurious to the search for knowledge in any decent society”.

SOURCE (abridged): https://www.thecable.ng/islamic-group-muric-director-is-a-big-threat-to-southern-nigeria

Which southern Nigeria?

MURIC is only a threat to SW please.
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by leke12(m): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2020
It's getting mad-er
A message from MMP's 'brother from the north'.
xxxx
The National President of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), Muhammadu Kirowa, says that the association have broken ties with the Yoruba nation for going ahead with their Amotekun Security Network. Kirowa speaking at Abuja says that the association and it’s affiliates will cease to support the political ambitions of the Yoruba people, saying that the much debated Amotekun Security Network was formed to disrupt cattle herders.
We cannot be supporting those who are against us. The only reason for forming Amotekun is Fulani people, to drive us away from their land. Tell me are we not all Nigerians? I have seen that the Amotekun boys have been armed. If they are armed, we have no choice than to arm cattlemen because they need to protect themselves from the danger which Amotekun will pose to them.
They cannot reject Ruga and also reject open grazing, they must choose one. All I can tell you now is that they are pushing us too far. They are really pushing us to the walls. We have held meetings with relevant government agencies and they promised to look into the issue. How can they go ahead with Amotekun when the police issued them notice to stop? How can they ignore the President’s directive? I see that there is an evil motive behind this security network.
I heard they have also endowed them with charms to kill our cows. For any cow killed, their government will pay double for it. For every Fulani herdsman killed, violence will erupt. We have been oppressed for too long. It’s time to tell Yoruba people that we are not cowards and by Allah’s power, we will crush Amotekun and crush all their evil plots against the Fulani race.
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
I can bet this thread won’t make it to front page. All anti-muric threads are left to rot away while every single press statement issued by muric is moved to front page with 5g speed.
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by id911(m): 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
seunmsg:
I can bet this thread won’t make it to front page. All anti-muric threads are left to rot away while every single press statement issued by muric is moved to front page with 5g speed.

Don't tell me you have started wailing with just a little MURIC 'adventure'?! grin Lest I forget, Ishaq Akintola is a staunch proponent of your lord and savior, Mohammadu Buhari's ideology. What suddenly happened? I wish you many more wailing bro grin

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by AirFireEarthH20: 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
May Allah bless all Yoruba Muslims

May Allah bless the enigmatic and erudite Prof Ishaq Akintola

And may He continue to bless the best Nigerian President ever, President Mohammadu Buhari
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by TooMuchStuff: 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
Arrewa:

Peace my left nyansh

I'm sure you are even laughing at yourself when the word PEACE dropped from your rot-cranium
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by Racoon(m): 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2020
MURIC are you listening.Your feudal slavemasters will still relegate you to the background when it matter most.
Re: Islamic Group: MURIC Director Is A Big Threat To Southern Nigeria by Racoon(m): 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
id911:
Don't tell me you have started wailing with just a little MURIC 'adventure'?! grin Lest I forget, Ishaq Akintola is a staunch proponent of your lord and savior, Mohammadu Buhari's ideology. What suddenly happened? I wish you many more wailing bro grin
Dont mind the hypocrite.After supporting a man that does not even send if lives are destroyed.

(1) (Reply)

Inside Plateau Communities Where Killer Herdsmen Hack Helpless Farmers To Death / A Matter Of Urgency: Message To US, UK, Others. Re:Nigerian Treasury Loot / Yemi Osinbajo: How Innovation & Technology Will Drive Progress In The New Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.