Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:50 AM

Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs (24358 Views)

More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff / More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Mull Tariff Increment / Electricity: Uncertainty, As Discos Bid To Pull Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by GoodFaith: 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
It is still darkness
Sad Life
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by proclinician: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
Lol like this now them at cant afford to iron their clothes or put on the AC. Suffering and smiling.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by larryking540: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2020
It's high time every one switches to solar o,,,,

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by chiscodedon(m): 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
You support clueless Buhari but attacking discos for increment in tarrif, you just a psychopath, when ur mumu president was busy increasing VAT, you were hailing him, some mofos even said that the VAT is only on luxury goods and services, but you are here attacking discos. This is just the beginning, better get ready for inflation.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by seborrhic: 6:12pm On Jan 30, 2020
larryking540:
It's high time every one switches to solar o,,,,
Solar power and battery is a scam in Nigeria.
With N1million worth installed solar power,you can't conveniently iron your clothes,pump water,use ac or use moderate power equipment without it breaking down.

6 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by larryking540: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
seborrhic:

With N1million worth installed solar power,you can't conveniently iron your clothes,pump water,use ac or use moderate power equipment without it breaking down.

I will describe a place for u in Edo state where the community been using solar for the past 3-4 years now ,bro seeing they say is believing

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by livinbygrace: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2020
Kylekent59:
If you wana know the evil in the power sector just switch off your appliances and devices, then travel for a month, when you are back, a bill of 15k is seriously waiting for you grin grin

You go to their office for complaint, they tell you don't worry just pay it, the next bill would be very less.

Next month bill, you would see like 19k. When you complain, dem go ask you if you use AC, washing machine, electric iron. You tell them no, they tell you ok, we are gonna do something about it.

It's just very bad. Paying for what you didn't use should be properly addressed by the minister of darkness.

Daylight robbery every day.

Is that not a scam,paying for what you are not using ?And the useless EFCC will start chasing shadows and young boys up and down ?Nigerians are too docile and to some extent very useless.Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by seborrhic: 6:22pm On Jan 30, 2020
larryking540:

I will describe a place for u in Edo state where the community been using solar for the past 3-4 years now ,bro seeing they say is believing
Did I say people or communities are not using it?
What I am saying is that the type companies sell to households in Nigeria claiming it can pump water,iron clothes,carry your refrigerator or ac at the same time or even singly sometimes,with up to 1million for batteries and panel,is a scam.
Show me one householdvin Nigeria that has used it's solar to power up to 2 high energy electrical appliance simultaneously.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by ForbesHomesNG(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2020
sevo:
Pay more for utter darkness
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by suzzyboss(m): 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2020
seborrhic:

If you invest the amount of money you invest on nepa on solar.. You'll know that solar is better .. Just imagine 40k multiplied by 12..
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
Madness
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by lawalosky(m): 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
Na people like that stupid and useless g@y MANNAQUE or what ever he/she is call. Are cause of all this our problems

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Amudeneogu: 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2020
NEXT LEVEL !!!
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by YorubaPrince: 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2020
Erediauwa:
The way and manner these guy's are cashing out on Nigerians calls for a nationwide meeting.

We can't be paying for what we don't see.

It starts from your corrupt god-father, James Ibori na angry
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by immortal09: 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2020
We pray the power power sector gets better...

In the mean while SOLAR systems remain the best alternative to the countries power challengies...

Contact us: call/whatsapp- 08026682923 for ur professional and quality installation
The sun is a Free gift of nature, which can be used to generate ur own electricity without noise, no buying of fuel or health implications...
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Angelfrost(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
Just give every house prepaid meters... You can't be arbitrarily estimating and fixing bills for power supply neither seen nor consumed.

Why does something so simple in nearly every nation of the world become rocket science when it comes to Nigeria??!... Na wa o!!!

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by edoairways: 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
AmazingELixir:
cool

Step in the right direction..it is long overdue.

Meanwhile Op the content of your write up is at variance with your header....there is no tariff review at the moment but adjustment meter pricing as a result of the increase in VAT.

Tariff has to do with price per energy consumption in KWH using MYTO template planned for April this year.
VAT will still affect the price per energy consumption
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Angelfrost(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2020
suzzyboss:

If you invest the amount of money you invest on nepa on solar.. You'll know that solar is better .. Just imagine 40k multiplied by 12..

Get serious please... How many Nigerians pay, afford to pay, or will ever pay 40k monthly for electricity supply??!...

Most of you on this forum type like you reside on the moon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by larryking540: 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2020
seborrhic:

Did I say people or communities are not using it?
What I am saying is that the type companies sell to households in Nigeria claiming it can pump water,iron clothes,carry your refrigerator or ac at the same time or even singly sometimes,with up to 1million for batteries and panel,is a scam.
Show me one householdvin Nigeria that has used it's solar to power up to 2 high energy electrical appliance simultaneously.
Dude get someone outside nigeria and place an order ,u surppose know how nigeria market is ,
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by sondetoks: 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2020
grin grin
Erediauwa:
The way and manner these guy's are cashing out on Nigerians calls for a nationwide meeting.

We can't be paying for what we don't see.
grin
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by AmazingELixir: 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
edoairways:

VAT will still affect the price per energy consumption

It won't...the unit costed energy per kWh is fixed
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by collins88(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2020
Why are the APC control states are paying less Electricity tariffs than their PDP counterparts!!!

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Reference(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
YorubaPrince:

It starts from your corrupt god-father, James Ibori na angry

Yes it is Ibori, no Goodluck Jonathan, or is it OBJ, perhaps Yaradua, of course it is Abacha cos he suceeded Babangida. Maybe Shagari, Murtala or Gowon. Definitely Ironsi or Tafawa Balewa. Queen Elizabeth is the cause.... and of course Mungo Park.... maybe it started wirh Adolph Hitler... or Jack the Ripper....

It is everyone elses fault... that Nigeria today has this problem and that except those who promised twice to fix them but sadly cannot help themselves but blame others.

If you promised heaven and earth to save me from a burning building but all you do is yell at me from afar asking how did I manage to set my house on fire in the first place.... why should I take you seriously.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
upower123:
Madddddd Nigeria... Suffer go long ooooo

NEXT LEVEL EVERYB0DY
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Arijude(m): 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2020
Kylekent59:
If you wana know the evil in the power sector just switch off your appliances and devices, then travel for a month, when you are back, a bill of 15k is seriously waiting for you grin grin

You go to their office for complaint, they tell you don't worry just pay it, the next bill would be very less.

Next month bill, you would see like 19k. When you complain, dem go ask you if you use AC, washing machine, electric iron. You tell them no, they tell you ok, we are gonna do something about it.

It's just very bad. Paying for what you didn't use should be properly addressed by the minister of darkness.

Daylight robbery every day.
It is a big shame that a country as big as Nigeria can't afford to distribute prepaid metres. In Benin Republic, a very small and poor country, they calculate electricity bill with metres. Nothing like guessed bill. They manage their electricity like in advanced country. They have the one that uses recharge card and other type that you pay the bill with a receipt.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by VirtIQ: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2020
Since im on estimated. I no mind drop 8k monthly. Time to on all appliancies. From ac,to pump,tv,etc all unlimited. I love nigeria

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Luminee(f): 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2020
I switched to Solar long time ago..

Meanwhile

We "GiiVeo" the opportunity to earn legitimately on GiiVeo.com

Step 1: Create Your Channel
Step 2: Upload your Videos
Step 3: Monetize

Make money from your skits, documentaries and short videos, Socialize and connect with others around the continent.

Visit: www.giiveo.com
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by EdiskyHarry: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2020
is there any difference between Nigerian arm robbers, Nigerian police force and power holding company of Nigeria?
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Hope027(m): 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2020
Where are the EFCC, ICPC, CPA, NPF etc. Where re we heading to in country?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNGA 74: President Buhari Arrives New York (Photo) / Shuaibu Ado Dansudu: North Will Rule Nigeria Till 2031, South Wake Up From Dream / Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.