Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs (24355 Views)

More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Set To Increase Electricity Tariff / More Hardship Looms For Nigerians As Discos Mull Tariff Increment / Electricity: Uncertainty, As Discos Bid To Pull Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by adexpa(m): 8:09pm On Jan 30, 2020
Gov. increased salary and followed it with tax increment. not only disco will increase tariff, other company will follow. They will collect that money they increased back. it is well with naija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2020
the shithole has been hijacked by insatiable THIEVES!
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by israelmao(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
Are we this gentle in Nigeria?
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by byinks(f): 8:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
Angelfrost:
Just give every house prepaid meters... You can't be arbitrarily estimating and fixing bills for power supply neither seen nor consumed.

Why does something so simple in nearly every nation of the world become rocket science when it comes to Nigeria??!... Na wa o!!!

Prepaid meters are running on steroids now... just pump small water or iron clothes and you'll see red.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by lormarx: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
ijustdey:
7.5% VAT rate implementation begins from February

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/electricity-consumers-to-pay-more-as-discos-hike-tariffs/
when a confused person is in the helm of power, confusion follows the confused
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Angelfrost(m): 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
byinks:

Prepaid meters are running on steroids now... just pump small water or iron clothes and you'll see red.

Of course, they will always rig everything... What a nation!!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by seborrhic: 9:06pm On Jan 30, 2020
suzzyboss:

If you invest the amount of money you invest on nepa on solar.. You'll know that solar is better .. Just imagine 40k multiplied by 12..
Rubbish.
See the maths:
Assume at worse one pays N30k/month for nepa.
A year gives u ~N350k.With 30k monthly you can iron your clothes daily,pump your water as many times as you wish,run your ac,refrigerator,electric cooker etc.
That gives u about 1million in 3 years of effective power.
Use that N1m to install solar power and i bet you can't power all these things in more than 3weeks-1mth without the solar breaking down.
Pennywise pound foolish.
The only thing solar can carry for an extended period of time are light bulbs and maybe one rolling blade fan.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by ukabam: 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
Get your stage lightings

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by JJOF(m): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
seborrhic:
Buhari has got the highest ever revenue accruing to the FG ever in the history of Nigeria,but been the one president that has delivered the least service ever in Nigeria since 1914.
During the time of goatluck Jonathan,any of these increased would have led to nationwide protests;but since Buhari came to power fuel price has gone up,bread prices have gone up twice,all service charges now including PHCN,have gone up but Nigerians have not protested for a single day.
Nigerians obviously enjoy suffering so these price increases will continue.
"It is not Buhari's fault, it was Goodluck Jonathan that caused all this" is what zombified zombified will tell you. Lubbish
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by adedayoa2(f): 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
We have started paying already, they didnt even wait for the scheduled date. Usually 3000 worth will give you 99.9 unit but i was given 65.0 umot yesterday.

Modified:
I pray Nigerians don't war, Buhari should just resign
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
adedayoa2:
We have started paying already, they didnt even wait for the scheduled date. Usually 3000 worth will give you 99.9 unit but i was given 65.0 umot yesterday.

Modified:
I pray Nigerians don't war, Buhari should just resign
Why blame Buhari was he the person who privatised NEPA?
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by darediamond(m): 11:26pm On Jan 30, 2020
Erediauwa:
The way and manner these guy's are cashing out on Nigerians calls for a nationwide meeting.

We can't be paying for what we don't see.
That is why You MUST START ACCUIRING SOLAR PANELS IF YOU CAN NOT BUILD YOUR OWN SELF-PERED FUELLESS ELECTRIC POWER GENERATOR.

ONE 5-BUSBAR 30V 250W Monocrystaline Solar Panel goes for #40,000 at NexGen Solar Shop.

Now if you start saving #1000 a day, you will get 2 panels in 80 days that's is 2 months of 3monts.
Even if you get 1 panel, you will still be able to power Somethings during the day without having Inverter nor Battery. You just need Capacitors and a Step down Converter which you can order on www.aliexpress.com

Which One 250W panels, you can charge you Laptop etc.

I do not Sell anything mind you, but it has been upward of 4 years I have stopped paying Group Of Private Families or Resources Hijackers whom all you COMMONS in every country of the World calll Government to provide electricity for me.

I generate my own Power.

Now With 200K, you can Have a complete Solar Power Generating Set.

NOTE: it is best to Pulse Discharde the Battery into an High Capacitance Capacitor Bank and link the Inverter to the Cap-Bank. This Enables the Battery to last for Upward of 10years before you will need to replace it.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by darediamond(m): 11:38pm On Jan 30, 2020
seborrhic:

Rubbish.
See the maths:
A year gives u ~N350k.With 30k monthly you can iron your clothes daily,pump your water as many times as you wish,run your ac,refrigerator,electric cooker etc.
Use that N1m to install solar power and i bet you can't power all these things in more than 3weeks-1mth without the solar breaking down.
Pennywise pound foolish.
The only thing solar can carry for an extended period of time are light bulbs and maybe one rolling blade fan.
Oh No!
That is Not true.
I am using solar in my House and it has been a long I stopped paying anyone to get my home powered!!!!!

Solar ROCKS. IT CAN EVEN KILL YOU IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL!!!

I REPEAT OF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL SOLAR PANELS CAN GET YOU ELECTROCUTED EVEN BEFORE YOU CONVERT IT TO MORE DEADLIER STATE WHICH IS AC!!

SOLAR CAN POWER EVERYTHING IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

WITH 350K, YOU ARE FULLY SET TO POWER YOUR JUST ABOUT ANYTHING IN YOUR HOME.

IF YOU WOULD WANT ME TO ASSIST YOU ON HOW YOU CAN DO IT, LET ME KNOW.

I AM AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE WHO REALLY WANTS TO SET HIS/HERSELF FREE FROM THE ENSLAVEMENT OF POWERS THAT BE OR RESOURCES HIJACKERS CALLED GOVERNMENT.

IT PAINS ME A LOT WHEN I SEE HOW NIGERIANS A SUFFERING OWN TO IGNORANCE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL!!!

I WISH I CAN RECORD AUDIO MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE.

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by adedayoa2(f): 11:55pm On Jan 30, 2020
GenBuhari:
Why blame Buhari was he the person who privatised NEPA?
is it the person that privatised it thats still ruling. If the economy is good and our dollar is still as it is, we won't be complaining. Stop the blame game biko
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Jaqenhghar: 1:02am On Jan 31, 2020
upower123:
Madddddd Nigeria... Suffer go long ooooo
Na so most people like am. Una never see anything

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Emmyxto(m): 5:43am On Jan 31, 2020
Hope they will give light too?
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 31, 2020
Highest fraud in Nigeria is the govt... playing the people since 1960
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by acorntree(m): 6:29am On Jan 31, 2020
seborrhic:

Rubbish.
See the maths:
Pennywise pound foolish.

it depends on how the solar system is set up. With 1m solar setup you're guarantee at least 8 Hrs of electricity during the day. the major problem I see with solar is the battery which still remains the weakest in the chain . I've 500 watt solar setup at home and this has been in operation over two years now. I used it to power all DC lamp in my house at night. During the day i used it to power my laptop, home theatre, fan, charge my phone.
i think the best solution to reduce the huge cost on batteries is to start adopting on- grid system , a situation where you sell excess energy generated during the day to the power holding company using net metering. net metering allows you to harness the economic value of your solar energy without the large financial investment in batteries.
many people who have installed solar are disappointed,this is usually the result of
unprofessional installation which prevents the solar panels from reaching their full power potential.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by themanderon: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2020
Wicked souls. Anytime they talk about increments they immediately conclude plans to implement it but they have not concluded on any plans to invest and improve power supply from the current sorry state it is in.
Truly being born in this nation is a sin.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by dangoteinlaw: 8:31am On Jan 31, 2020
seborrhic:

Rubbish.
See the maths:
Pennywise pound foolish.
I'm telling you, that solar is total rubbish. It can barely charge 10 phones let alone carry appliances. Mtcheew
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
Lets not confuse things, 7.5 hike in VAT is not the reason why our Eleco tarriff increase by 70%, its just unrealistic indexing by the initiators of the MYTO.

The indexing failed to take into account inflation and the devaluation of our Naira from N188 in 2013 to N360, the hike is as a result of the indexing which pegs the rate to the dollar, as long as our Naira devalues consumers should expect to pay more for electricity that they will never see.

The sad thind is that power generation and distribution has not improved since privatization.

Many companies in Nigeria are burning at least 50 % of their overheads on Diesel, thats one of the reasons locally manufactured items are expensive and our so called industrialization rocket is permanently attached to the ground.

A vicious cycle.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2020
darediamond:

Oh No!
That is Not true.
I am using solar in my House and it has been a long I stopped paying anyone to get my home powered!!!!!

Solar ROCKS. IT CAN EVEN KILL YOU IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL!!!

I REPEAT OF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL SOLAR PANELS CAN GET YOU ELECTROCUTED EVEN BEFORE YOU CONVERT IT TO MORE DEADLIER STATE WHICH IS AC!!

SOLAR CAN POWER EVERYTHING IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

WITH 350K, YOU ARE FULLY SET TO POWER YOUR JUST ABOUT ANYTHING IN YOUR HOME.

IF YOU WOULD WANT ME TO ASSIST YOU ON HOW YOU CAN DO IT, LET ME KNOW.

I AM AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE WHO REALLY WANTS TO SET HIS/HERSELF FREE FROM THE ENSLAVEMENT OF POWERS THAT BE OR RESOURCES HIJACKERS CALLED GOVERNMENT.

IT PAINS ME A LOT WHEN I SEE HOW NIGERIANS A SUFFERING OWN TO IGNORANCE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL!!!

I WISH I CAN RECORD AUDIO MESSAGE FOR EVERYONE.

Show me evidence that you can power your freezer for 6 hours on solar, or that you can iron your clothes with solar.

Solar is just good for energy bulbs at best, Shell abandoned the idea of Solar when they discovered that it could not power heavy machinery.

Solar is good if you all you have is lighting, it cant power a fully equipped modern family home, good for village people.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by darediamond(m): 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2020
quentin06:

Show me evidence that you can power your freezer for 6 hours on solar, or that you can iron your clothes with solar.

Solar is just good for energy bulbs at best, Shell abandoned the idea of Solar when they discovered that it could not power heavy machinery.

Solar is good if you all you have is lighting, it cant power a fully equipped modern family home, good for village people.

You are assuming over what you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

Do you know what is called MAGNETIC RESONANCE and it Effect in Electro Induction Current Amplification?

No, this is Not About grammar.

The Powers that be are deliberately preventing the Proper Electro Magnet Power Resonant Oriented Inverters to be in circulation globally so as to make "commons" like you stick to them for provision of Electric Power.

Do you even know that there are 99.9% efficient Solar Panels that ACTUAL DO GENERATE POWER BOTH IN THE DAY AND NIGHT CONSTANTLY??

I AM NOT HERE TO AGUE WITH YOU BECAUSE WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND TESTED REPEATEDLY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE REVEALED TO THE COMMONS. OR ELSE, OIL AND GAS BUSINESSES WILL DIE!!
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
darediamond:

You are assuming over what you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!

Do you know what is called MAGNETIC RESONANCE and it Effect in Electro Induction Current Amplification?

No, this is Not About grammar.

The Powers that be are deliberately preventing the Proper Electro Magnet Power Resonant Oriented Inverters to be in circulation globally so as to make "commons" like you stick to them for provision of Electric Power.

Do you even know that there are 99.9% efficient Solar Panels that ACTUAL DO GENERATE POWER BOTH IN THE DAY AND NIGHT CONSTANTLY??

I AM NOT HERE TO AGUE WITH YOU BECAUSE WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND TESTED REPEATEDLY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE REVEALED TO THE COMMONS. OR ELSE, OIL AND GAS BUSINESSES WILL DIE!!

show proof , leave emotions if you cant prove it, then ur fake.

solar power cannot power heavy duty machines thats a fact.
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by darediamond(m): 3:21am On Feb 02, 2020
quentin06:

show proof , leave emotions if you cant prove it, then ur fake.

solar power cannot power heavy duty machines thats a fact.

I leave you to whatever you want to believe and yes, actually belive.

They do not NOT PRAY you Nigerians get it rigth.

But anyone of us who knows how and think rightly always will always get liberated.

Keep living in the DARK!
Re: Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs by Ethnan: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
We are shaped by our experiences and people must respect that. We also, irrespective of our experiences must be willing to change our position in the face of indisputable fact. Only fools doubt proof. Some people have had terrible experiences regarding solar power solution especially for heavy loads like heating iron, pumps, big freezers etc.
My recommendation as a professional is,
1. Use solar/inverter solution for your lighting, TV and fans and maybe fridge.
2. Use generator for your non-constant loads like heating, water pumping, microwave, etc. You will usually run your generator maybe for an hour or two every 2 or 3 days for these loads. So you dont need to install a big solar panel bank and batteries for these loads. They are intermittent loads.
3. Solar panels and battery would usually degrade faster with heavy current consumption. Charge and discharge are chemical reactions that result in the 'wear' of battery components. Heavy loads will facilitate this wear process.

If you have questions, you can ask, hopefully I will find the time to respond

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu Cancels His 71st Birthday Colloquium, Opts For Prayers Instead / Kannywood: Hausa Actors Endorse Atiku Abubakar Ahead Of 2019 (photos) / Surrender Your States To Buhari, Akpabio Tells PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.