Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History (7871 Views)

Breaking: Amosun has documented history of violence’, Ogun APC Youths tell Inspe / Hero Kanu: Today Is The Saddest Day In Igbo History[photos ] / IPC Releases Documented 2019 Campaign Promises Of President Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by GerogeI(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2020
[s]
Gabkosh:
Some claim they are Benin slave, some claimed they are diomey slave. Is this how igbo race is so confused?.

In 2020, you people still finding it hard to know your root, you keep attaching to Israel that keep rejecting you. You people that lived with money after in run away from igala people that colonized you.

Better go find your history,

Igbo are destined to be slaves that why they are still slave in the country till date.
[/s]
Rants of a drunk person.
Present your facts of such claims then we can take you serious, you Son of Y-a-r-i-b-a ( People of Deceit) or are you Yaribansa ( Fulani word for Bastards!)

http://www.ekimogundescendant.org/the-true-meaning-of-the-word-yoruba-2/

1 Like

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 01, 2020
Why are you guys trying to politely educate that yoloba op? leave the idiot to his in born hatred and stupidity.

That is how they go about spreading false info on igbos starting with their various media outlets and now on nairaland.

The obsession is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by GerogeI(m): 8:54am On Feb 01, 2020
Gabkosh:
Oga, if igbo means people, what does Ndi means then. Stop fooling yourself, igbo means slave. That is the fact.
Shame on you asking a kindergarten question.
Google translate could be your friend if you want.

"Ndi" means "those". It is a determiner like "this" or "that", it cannot mean people, as it is not a noun.
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Cherez: 9:04am On Feb 01, 2020
DaBullIT:

True but they are still "RUNAWAY SLAVES"

NOT indigenous and in order to remain free in a slave settlement they must learn the language of the host

Known this, said it many times and I'm reconfirming it, they are the slaves and they know it

Yoruba knows they are slaves but we rarely call them so just not to bruise their ego

grin
Sometimes I read comments here I laugh, you know sth about the Igbos and never used it? You claim Igbos dont have history cos you never knew it.
Btw, the author claims the original Igbo is Nri which assimilated migrants which they conquered as slaves, not that the original "Igbos" themselves are slaves.
Just like the Oduduwa nation isnt one tribe but a union of several tribes whose unity was brought about by the need for protection in the time of war and also the Hausa/Fulani relationship of which the Hausas were assimilated.
Read good
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Cherez: 9:06am On Feb 01, 2020
Gabkosh:
Already seeing pains on this thread. Two hermaphrodites above that are always ashamed to associate themselves to the osu slaves but rather claiming to be great yorubas already wailing above kikikikikiki grin
Ok I agree I'm an Osu slave.
Then it makes sense to call you an Abobaku slave
Naso
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Cherez: 9:11am On Feb 01, 2020
Ritchiee:

Let us even believe you that Fulani that came just not more than 300 years gave Yoruba which had existed before their arrival,their name which ironically does not mean anything in Fulfude.

The name America was given by a mere Italian and it stuck and they have soared up and up just like the Yorubas who are empire builders and the most educated,most developed,most industrialised and most accomodative region in Nigeria.

I have read not even from the journal posted that the meaning of Igbo is slave.

Igalas who are the NRI consistently called you Igbo/IBO. .....which means SLAVE.... and the name stuck.It is very disheartening that you continue to call yourselves,SLAVES even till today.

Did you actually read what you posted?
Your post says, "CONQUERING PEOPLE imposed their LANGUAGE on their subject population(people under them)".
So, the main Igbos "NRI" ain't slaves but neighbouring towns on the border lines of Igboland
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Shiver99: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2020
Ritchiee:

My Igbo brethren can abuse and downgrade anything not knowing that they are the most debased and downgraded among all the ethnic groups in Nigeria.One wouldn't be surprised that they started to learn how to wear clothes in 1921. shocked
\

Lol, c'mon, even you aren't as dumb as that. But in case you are, Igbos used a range of locally manufactured clothes made of materials such as cotton, linen and barkcloth, as well as imported silks. The oldest textile fragments found in Nigeria was in Igboland.

Thankfully, Igbos were relatively isolated, willingly and by geography from foreigners so they were never conquered or culturally dominated by muslim hordes like your people were. Subsequently, they were never coerced to wear the outfit of their sahelian overlords. Clothing was not dictated by the words of an arab man in the desert but instead differed according to age, status, gender and ranged from beads around the waist(for girls) to long robes.
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Shiver99: 9:50am On Feb 01, 2020
In any case, Igbos traditionally did wear less clothes than other muslim dominated tribes, often going topless. This was because the ancient Igbos were a highly intelligent people, and knew they couldn't thrive in their environment wearing 3 piece tuxedos or ballgowns. An understandable observation from a tribe with the oldest known signs of civilisation in Nigeria.

Many whites, knowing that if they wore the same clothing they did in their homelands in parts of Africa they would die of heatstroke (Which several of them did), and had to quickly adapt.

Only a product of the failed nigerian system, would think that wearing more clothes meant you were more civilised. Using that same logic, the vikings that often covered themselves in coarse animal fur were far superior to the ancient egyptians and indians, were men or women wore only slips or beads around their waist.

1 Like

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by OfoIgbo: 11:50am On Feb 01, 2020
kayfra:

Dude, if you are not Igala by origin, then you are one of their Ibo slaves

Igalas are the Nris

Yet again, your hatred for Igbos has made you blind to facts.

Eri was the father of quite a number of people, including Nri-Menri, Igbariam, Amanuke, Aguleri and Onoja who is the patriach of Igalas.
Up until a few decades ago, every prospective Attah of Igala sent gifts to Eze Nri, who in turn issued the Attah with an Ofo/Ovo (staff of office), without which, the Attah will not be recognized as an authentic Attah by Igalas.
Up till today, Igalas still make use of the 4 Nri market days which is generally used by Igbos and in Benin. These are deities owned by the Nris, and it was only Nri priests that could establish such markets throughout Igboland or in Igala or in Benin.

Nri-Menri was by far, the most popular and the most renowned, with the most effect on Igbo culture, of all of Eri's kids, which is why you hear of Nri people quite often.
Even Olaudah Equiano made several references to cultural practices emanating from Nri. When he was writing about his father being an Embrenche (Mgburu-ichi), he was inadvertently infusing Nri culture into his tale, as Mgburu-ichi is an aspect of Igbo custom that is owned by the Nris.
Mgburu-ichi and ozo title taking are parts and parcel of the Ikenga cult owned by the Nris, so his father subscribed to the Nri culture which was Igbo culture.
As I mentioned before, Nri people are bonafide Igbos, so maybe you can start telling everyone that Igalas and Bini people are Igbo slaves.

Remember that I am a core Nri man so I know deep aspects of Igbo culture and their significance. That's why the Igbo people of yore from every nook and cranny of Igboland came up with the time-tested sentences NRI JI OFO and NRI BU ISI IGBO.
Nri culture is Igbo culture so every achievement of Nri people is an achievement by Igbo people, and any Igboman can claim it. Don't try and play your usual divide and conquer politics in this situation. Nri people are much smarter than that.

Umu Nri kachaaanu!!!
IGBO KWENU!!!!!

IGBO AMAKA
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by MrColdsweat: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2020
Eri, areli, arodi, migrated from ancient egypt to present day igboland.

They are the sons of gad.
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Yet again, your hatred for Igbos has made you blind to facts.

Eri was the father of quite a number of people, including Nri-Menri, Igbariam, Amanuke, Aguleri and Onoja who is the patriach of Igalas.
Up until a few decades ago, every prospective Attah of Igala sent gifts to Eze Nri, who in turn issued the Attah with an Ofo/Ovo (staff of office), without which, the Attah will not be recognized as an authentic Attah by Igalas.
Up till today, Igalas still make use of the 4 Nri market days which is generally used by Igbos and in Benin. These are deities owned by the Nris, and it was only Nri priests that could establish such markets throughout Igboland or in Igala or in Benin.

Nri-Menri was by far, the most popular and the most renowned, with the most effect on Igbo culture, of all of Eri's kids, which is why you hear of Nri people quite often.
Even Olaudah Equiano made several references to cultural practices emanating from Nri. When he was writing about his father being an Embrenche (Mgburu-ichi), he was inadvertently infusing Nri culture into his tale, as Mgburu-ichi is an aspect of Igbo custom that is owned by the Nris.
Mgburu-ichi and ozo title taking are parts and parcel of the Ikenga cult owned by the Nris, so his father subscribed to the Nri culture which was Igbo culture.
As I mentioned before, Nri people are bonafide Igbos, so maybe you can start telling everyone that Igalas and Bini people are Igbo slaves.

Remember that I am a core Nri man so I know deep aspects of Igbo culture and their significance. That's why the Igbo people of yore from every nook and cranny of Igboland came up with the time-tested sentences NRI JI OFO and NRI BU ISI IGBO.
Nri culture is Igbo culture so every achievement of Nri people is an achievement by Igbo people, and any Igboman can claim it. Don't try and play your usual divide and conquer politics in this situation. Nri people are much smarter than that.

Umu Nri kachaaanu!!!
IGBO KWENU!!!!!

IGBO AMAKA

Stick to facts and stop quoting fables with no source

1 Like

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 12:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
Shiver99:
In any case, Igbos traditionally did wear less clothes than other muslim dominated tribes, often going topless. This was because the ancient Igbos were a highly intelligent people, and knew they couldn't thrive in their environment wearing 3 piece tuxedos or ballgowns. An understandable observation from a tribe with the oldest known signs of civilisation in Nigeria.

Many whites, knowing that if they wore the same clothing they did in their homelands in parts of Africa they would die of heatstroke (Which several of them did), and had to quickly adapt.

Only a product of the failed nigerian system, would think that wearing more clothes meant you were more civilised. Using that same logic, the vikings that often covered themselves in coarse animal fur were far superior to the ancient egyptians and indians, were men or women wore only slips or beads around their waist.

Tell your women to keep walking around naked then since your native intelligence stipulates nudity grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 12:36pm On Feb 01, 2020
GerogeI:

No Igbo man is Igala by origin!
Igala is a much smaller ethnic group and cannot give rise to a group several times larger than they are.

On the lighter note, yesterday I was reading the Great travels and Travellers by Jules Verne, and actually saw the reference to the king of Yaariba, which obviously is Yoruba.

I had thought the Y-a-r-iba thing was a joke. No wonder you are so disgruntled. grin

Funny dude grin

- Northern Igbos (the highest caste) are Igalas by origin
- Obi of Onitsha, Eze Chima is Edo by origin (Royal caste)
- The rest are castaway slaves with no common origin but linked in petty trading (dreams of gala hawking didn't start overnight grin)
- Southern Igbos are really not fully assimilated. That's why they are still discriminated against till date e.g. Ebonyi
- Aro folks were not even considered Igbo till recently. They are also superior

grin
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2020
Ardar:
Why are you guys trying to politely educate that yoloba op? leave the idiot to his in born hatred and stupidity.

That is how they go about spreading false info on igbos starting with their various media outlets and now on nairaland.

The obsession is real.

You don't have any history as a documented slave race grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Gabkosh: 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
GerogeI:

Shame on you asking a kindergarten question.
Google translate could be your friend if you want.

"Ndi" means "those". It is a determiner like "this" or "that", it cannot mean people, as it is not a noun.
Oponu, shame no even catch you. At this age, you don't know what Ndi means and you call yourself igbo.

I am ashamed on your behalf. Just see what he wrote, Ndi cannot the people.

So for example, if you want to say Igbo people, you will say igbo igbo. So dumb.

Oga, no amount of twisting can change the fact.

Ndi means people

Igbo means slave.

That is the fact.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Gabkosh: 1:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
Cherez:

Ok I agree I'm an Osu slave.
Then it makes sense to call you an Abobaku slave
Naso
Osu slave, don't get too emotional. Abobaku was a title in oyo ile then, not in all Yoruba. Just as other yorubas have their titles as well. It is not forced on people, even people fight for it and are proud of it.

Unlike Osu, where a whole race is seen as less human and use as sacrifice to the useless gods.

Osu cannot marry freeborn. Shame on you and your race.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2020
Don't distract us from the fulani agenda

1 Like

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Don't distract us from the fulani agenda

Run along. You this MAGA loving troll

1 Like

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Ritchiee: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
Cherez:

Did you actually read what you posted?
Your post says, "CONQUERING PEOPLE imposed their LANGUAGE on their subject population(people under them)".
So, the main Igbos "NRI" ain't slaves but neighbouring towns on the border lines of Igboland

Fulani conquered all Hausa cities and hamlets but took Hausa as language because of population so also did the Igalas.

Igalas are not Igbos because they are not slaves but slave masters to Igbos/slaves.

NRI= IGALA
Unfortunately, Igbos are claiming NRI as their origin now.Slave mentality at its peak.
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Ritchiee: 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2020
Gabkosh:
Osu slave, don't get too emotional. Abobaku was a title in oyo ile then, not in all Yoruba. Just as other yorubas have their titles as well. It is not forced on people, even people fight for it and are proud of it.

Unlike Osu, where a whole race is seen as less human and use as sacrifice to the useless gods.

Osu cannot marry freeborn. Shame on you and your race.

Those Igbos/slaves are living up to their name.They are topnotch barbarians with the most demeaning 'pungent' culture in the world.They even practised abobaku that was a proud title in Oyo then....abobaku lived like a king and die with the king in Oyo but Igbos' abobaku usually 5 or more people are the very poor...poor souls!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by GerogeI(m): 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Gabkosh:
Oponu, shame no even catch you. At this age, you don't know what Ndi means and you call yourself igbo.

I am ashamed on your behalf. Just see what he wrote, Ndi cannot the people.

So for example, if you want to say Igbo people, you will say igbo igbo. So dumb.

Oga, no amount of twisting can change the fact.

Ndi means people

Igbo means slave.

That is the fact.
[img][/img]

Olodo, Argue with Google.

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by GerogeI(m): 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
kayfra:

Funny dude grin

- Northern Igbos (the highest caste) are Igalas by origin
- Obi of Onitsha, Eze Chima is Edo by origin (Royal caste)
- The rest are castaway slaves with no common origin but linked in petty trading (dreams of gala hawking didn't start overnight grin)
- Southern Igbos are really not fully assimilated. That's why they are still discriminated against till date e.g. Ebonyi
- Aro folks were not even considered Igbo till recently. They are also superior

grin

I thought you were pretending to be a scholar. Your conjectures above shows you do not know the difference between your ethnic induced derogatory inflammation and intellectual facts.
Y-a-r-iba boy grin grin grin grin

You know by that Fulani name, everything you write here is just pure deceit and fallacy, it is in your blood.

1 Like

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
GerogeI:

I thought you were pretending to be a scholar. Your conjectures above shows you do not know the difference between your ethnic induced derogatory inflammation and intellectual facts.
Y-a-r-iba boy grin grin grin grin

You know by that Fulani name, everything you write here is just pure deceit and fallacy, it is in your blood.

So let me ask you. Are you a progeny of the Igbo Master race (Igala) or yours is a runaway Benin slave? grin

Osu man

Ndi Igbo = Those Slaves grin
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
NOTES ON CONTACT BETWEEN THE IGALA AND THE IBO

Gerogel

Read below grin

They agree that Igala was the dominant between the two and Igala expanded down south to what is now considered Igbo land and dominated them. Gave them the Ibo language and whatever semblance of culture via Nri Kingdom

I quote facts grin

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41970820?read-now=1&refreqid=excelsior%3Ae503853b47a4f6c0a0545abf45045357&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by GerogeI(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
kayfra:

So let me ask you. Are you a progeny of the Igbo Master race (Igala) or yours is a runaway Benin slave? grin

Osu man

Ndi Igbo = Those Slaves grin

Lol,
The only run away slaves of Benin kingdom we know are Y-a-ribas. See proof from Encyclopedia Britannica of how they gave you Eko. Without their permission Oduduwa would not dream of establishing Ife.

"He established a hereditary succession to the throne and vastly expanded the territory of the Benin kingdom, which by the mid-16th century extended from the Niger River delta in the east to what is now Lagos in the west. (Lagos was in fact founded by a Benin army and continued to pay tribute to the oba of Benin until the end of the 19th century.) "

https://www.britannica.com/place/Benin-historical-kingdom-West-Africa

As for Igalas, they are distant cousins, last born. That's why their birth right gave them the less fertile Northern region.
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by Ritchiee: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2020
Shiver99:

You would be a good fiction writer,old man.Unfortunately,you seem to be bereft of wisdom.Would you rather begin to walk unclad now with your totori because of the timid temperature of Nigeria.You don't even know how to spin yourself anymore.

Igbos/slaves had always had the minutest intelligence save for a very minute few who might possibly be the Igalas amongst them who normally had becone one with the larger population.

Your spinning said these Igbos are highly intelligent in 1921?
One can see the intelligence seeping out of them grin

1 Share

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by GerogeI(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
kayfra:
NOTES ON CONTACT BETWEEN THE IGALA AND THE IBO

Gerogel

Read below grin

They agree that Igala was the dominant between the two and Igala expanded down south to what is now considered Igbo land and dominated them. Gave them the Ibo language and whatever semblance of culture via Nri Kingdom

I quote facts grin

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41970820?read-now=1&refreqid=excelsior%3Ae503853b47a4f6c0a0545abf45045357&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Your level of comprehension is appalling. You could not decifer that the discuss was about trade.
Why will Igbo's want to expand trade with people who did not have much of what we want? They were minor trade partners and were only relevant to our boarder towns according to your source. Minor trade partners are the dominant side in trade balance as they need and depend on the trade more. Eg. Nigeria and Ghana.

Igalas were restricted to trade along the river routes, so historical they went down the rivers as far as Azumini. They never ventured to hinterlands, as they were in no position to conquer anyone.
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2020
GerogeI:

Your level of comprehension is appalling. You could not decifer that the discuss was about trade.
Why will Igbo's want to expand trade with people who did not have much of what we want? They were minor trade partners and were only relevant to our boarder towns according to your source.

Igalas were restricted to trade along the river routes, so historical they went down the rivers as far as Azumini. They never ventured to hinterlands, as the were in no position to conquer anyone.

Being willfully obtuse is your choice and I didn't force it on you grin

The same way Fulanis dominated Hausa land even though they yielded to Hausa language is the same script Igalas ran on your collective asses. Incursion into your lands, even though your land ownership is not on solid footing as per recent escapee from Beningrin

Even till date Nri royalty is Igala and the governors of Anambra and Enugu are of Igala stock. They still rule you but speak your dysfunctional language which is hardly mutually intelligible grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by GerogeI(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
kayfra:

Being willfully obtuse is your choice and I didn't force it on you grin

The same way Fulanis dominated Hausa land even though they yielded to Hausa language is the same script Igalas ran on your collective asses grin

Even till date Nri royalty is Igala and the governors of Anambra and Enugu are of Igala stock. They still rule you but speak your dysfunctional language which is hardly mutually intelligible grin

Lol, you sound like a baby. cheesy
Stop making conjectures, provide irrefutable proof of your claims.
If nothing else, at least you should be able to name one southeast Governor who is Igala.

That you said so does not make it true, especially seeing as you are Y-a-riba ( a son of the People of Deceit) grin grin
Your credentials for fallacy goes before you! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History by kayfra: 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
GerogeI:

Lol, you sound like a baby.
Stop making conjectures, provide irrefutable proof of your claims. That you said so does not make it true, especially seeing as you are Y-a-riba ( a son of the People of Deceit).
Your credentials for fallacy goes before you!

Read below grin

That's the academic version and the keyword is dominant partner grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Shifts Re-Arraignment Of Orji Uzor Kalu To June 7 / Yoruba Vs Igbo E-war Made It To American Liberal Twitter / Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.