Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,147 members, 7,890,868 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb (940 Views)

Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn / PDP Makes Ali Sheriff Chairman / Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by 9ijaMan: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2010
[size=14pt]THREAT OVER ZONING: PDP makes U-turn, plans to send emissaries to IBB[/size]

Written by Jacob Segun Olatunji, Abuja Friday, 10 December 2010

THE leadership of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has resolved not to take lightly the threat of former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida to quit the party if it fails to implement its zoning arrangement as contained

in the party’s constitution in picking its presidential candidate.

The Nigerian Tribune exclusively learnt that already the Board of Trustees (BOT), of the PDP which held a marathon meeting from Wednesday night till the early hours of Thursday at the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock, Abuja, had resolved to send  powerful emissaries to meet with the former military president over the issues raised in his memo to the national chairman of the party, Dr Okwesilieze Nwodo, urging the party to adopt the zoning arrangement in line with an Abuja High Court ruling that zoning arrangement existed in the PDP’s constitution.

It was learnt that when the matter was thrown open for debate at the meeting attended by President Goodluck Jonathan, Vice-President Namadi Sambo, the national chairman of the PDP, Dr Nwodo, some key officers of the National Assembly and other top party chieftains, it was unanimously agreed that Babangida should not be taken for granted, being a former head of state, founding member of PDP and as well a very respectable figure in the society, and as such, he should be taken seriously by addressing the issues he raised.

According to our source, “the meeting recognised that IBB is a man that cannot be ignored. He is a reasonable man, a stakeholder, a respectable leader and a founding member of the party. So, we resolved that we have to give the memo a personal touch.”

The source added that “we know that there were many aspects where IBB misinterpreted the ruling of the Abuja High Court on the zoning arrangement, but we are not for that. This is a family affair and the court itself made it clear in the ruling that zoning existed in the party’s constitution but would not dabble into internal affairs of the party by directing it to enforce it.”

Consequently, the Nigerian Tribune learnt that the BOT also resolved that no member of the party should engage in a press war against the former military president so as not to further aggravate the issue at hand.

Babangida had, in the memo to the party, urged it to implement the zoning arrangement as contained in its constitution to the letter in the 2011 general election.

Those present at the meeting included Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Chief Anthony Anenih and others.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/14588-threat-over-zoning-pdp-makes-u-turn-plans-to-send-emissaries-to-ibb
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by 9ijaMan: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2010
I thought camp GEJ are claiming IBB is a confused man, how come they are now thinking of going on their knees to pacify him.
So who's now really confused?
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
too bad. Just one man is getting every body scared. Nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Blazay(m): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
Up Aboki!
Just when I was thinking IBB was a Yoruba man. cheesy
The fear of Aboki is the beginning of Nigerian wisdom.

Kei!
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Boboribo: 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
Dont rejoice yet They will deny it. Its in their character 2 do so. I've always believed Obj will dump GEJ. I de laugh o
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by chosen6(f): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
I forsee Sambo chancing GEJ sooner than later.
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by egift(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2010
This is cool. They no dey fear face? grin grin grin
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
someone give me a we dey laugh ooo

naija politics
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Beaf: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2010
Vulture party. embarassed
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Omenani(m): 6:45pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf:

Nothing good can come out of PDP. I hope you have realized this most important fact.
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2010
Omenani:

Nothing good can come out of PDP. I hope you have realized this most important fact.
Including Joanathan !
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by 9ijaMan: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Including Joanathan !
Most definitely, including GEJ !
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by Omenani(m): 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Including Joanathan !

After reading some of the cables pertaining to Jonathan. GEJ seems to be politically naive or he is not smart at all.
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by homerac7: 7:52pm On Dec 10, 2010
IBB has got PDP by d balls on ds zoning issue. It's foolhardy to deny d obvious by trying to twist d fact dt zoning exists in PDP constitution. I remember very well how many of us argued vehemently dt it was a northern conjecture dt Ws never existing evidently. IBB proved us wrong by quoting d part of constitution dt stated it and mentioned GEJ as one of d many signatories wt proofs.

Next, we started argueing on its morality n legitimacy. Everybody became a legal analyst wt specialization in constitutional language. We twisted d matter so much just to defeat IBB in our mind. But unfortunately d facts r still there, Ws IBB wrong in any of his assertions so far?

Beyond sentiments, IBB has proven to b sensible in a rational cause he is pushing: 'immoral' n 'illegitimate' denial of a zoning arrangement. Despite all counter-accusations, d best have been to match his logic, nobody has defeated it. Dats mark of credibility to his argument. Everyone of us saw d court ruling, but most of us chose to colour it to suit our prejudice. Unfortunately we refused to acknowledge dt IBB almost won dt court case if not for wisdom on d bench.

Using current political leverage to bully IBB into oblivion will only settle d problem temporarily, d monster will surely come to hunt us later, unfortunately, it will b payback on us. It maynt b IBB then, it will b one of d many thousands that r unknown. who knows? maybe one of us shouting 'kill' today. We r making a statement for d future dt once in control of power, old agreements can b ditched.

I'm no PDP supporter. I despise zoning. Zoning is a PDP local issue. Nigeria is bigger than PDP internal affairs.IBB is a rogue by my judgement.

Nevertheless, I treasure honour. Even outlaws honour bargains amongst themselves wt full knowledge of repercussions of failure. D party may deny and twist d truth all it may, it can't sleep wt eyes closed wt IBB unconsoled. PDP may just make IBB a hero afterall if we look back to today from years to come.

IBB may b a rogue, but zoning is a real issue dt will die hard for PDP.
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by reckless: 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
@Beaf:
Vulture party.

I Dey laugh wooooooooh.
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by presido1: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2010
Some of us asked if zoning is in Nigerian constitution as if zoning is is illegal if a party make it part of their constitution. Itz greed and intoxication that is associated with power in Africa that is pushing GEJ to be a contestant in this election. You signed for Zoning that made you the VP, now you are telling us that zoning is unconstitutional after you have used it to climb to the top. Even US hypocrisy will not rival GE kind of hypocrisy in this case.

He will be the most useless politician in Nigeria if he did not win DP ticket which i doubt as he has all the state machinery to use but then i don't see him being smart enough to make better use of them. If hez smart he should have won the masses before now by impacting on their well being which is too easy. Infrastructure here and their is enough to do that but he is busy with facebook and his cowboy hat.
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by jason12345: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf:

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

pdp or GJ is not the way!!!! i said this about 1 month ago instead i was insulted grin. i pity nigeria at times. how can a product of a corrupt cabal and party be your messiah? i wonder where thoes daft people are today (they know themselves cheesy)? how can a product of the so-called zoning be against it when he has gained from it and you all trust him?
i am not saying ACN is the way but my fellow nigerians please let your votes count irrespective of external pressure. i really love my home country but when i see a generation of people think this way, it saddens me.

my brothers and sisters, this is our chance to entrust the country in someone that would stop this pdp and the atrocities they have done to my people (nigerians). personally, i think ACN is the way because the governors are showing signs of optimism, hope, courage and progressive thinking.

my people, its a make or break year for us. let us get PDP out of power! we can do it! all it takes is a little determination and courage. we can make nigeria change from this

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3QmHBgY_TP2KNd9bDaOPmBtUmQ1vOnfOOqVBReFNN2J1HoexQ[/img]

and this
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS35M-KLOCqeMKvDXoj6dCK-A9WzD4811Hw3LfzMzFcNIBH5LhrPg[/img]

to this!

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrTbP4VvOo_TYqr4gRVwjmwTzfjBDnDDuCfv7MN_FoOXdAnD3N[/img]
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:QVcCGxZqNRBhNM:http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4197/81855010.jpg&t=1[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33HhrWOkQ58

the whole continent of africa is already proud of what ACN is doing in Lagos and edo. please, allow it to be extended to other parts of nigeria.

a man from your ethnic group does not guarantee development. if it did, then WE all know the north would be the most developed part in nigeria (if not the continent!)  but you can all see what fate holds for us and them.

i am sure the northern youths want development as we do. lets us join together and  kick pdp out!

(p.s: the most annoying thing is that they (pdp) rigged elections in the some states, if not the list of the progressive states (lagos and edo) above would have been longer!).

thank you and God bless you as you vote next year!
Re: Threat Over Zoning: Pdp Makes U-turn, Plans To Send Emissaries To Ibb by McKren(m): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
PDP is what it is because loads of people belong to it. If PDP alienates most of its mainstream politicians just because of one man's ambition, PDP will become a fringe party.

It is as simple as that. This is politics 101.

(1) (Reply)

My Broda, Nigeria Dey Bad! By Jon Chikadibie Okafo / A Save Our Soul Message To Gov. Fashola From Ogun Citizens! We Need You As A Part Time Governor. / Bode Ge*orge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.