Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,271 members, 7,947,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

Protest Hits AMAC Over Plot To Suspend Candido - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Protest Hits AMAC Over Plot To Suspend Candido (290 Views)

Candido Da Rocha – Nigeria’s First Millionaire. / Candido Lunches AMAC Microfinance Bank ATM Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Protest Hits AMAC Over Plot To Suspend Candido by Leadership86(f): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2020
Protest Hits AMAC Over Plot To Suspend Candido

BY BLESSING BATURE AND ERNEST NZOR, Abuja

The coalition of keep the Change and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Youth For Peace and Development, has protected over the alleged planned of suspending the Chairman of Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) Mr, Abdullahi Candido by the council legislative arm.

The Director of Media, Keep the Change, Comrade George Marvel and the President of (FCT) Youth For Peace and Development, led the protest to AMAC council and Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), yesterday in Abuja

The groups in their large numbers came with all kinds of posters, banners and t-shirts, protesting what they allege as the suspension of the Chairman is not in due process,

We say No To Political Hunt Of Candido, Pay Masters Cannot Destroy AMAC, Candido Not Be Intimated, AMAC In The Hand With Candido, Candido Mr. Project Carry Go, among other.

According to a letter signed by the National Coordinator of Keep the Change, Kennedy Ali, said, “We are shocked after witnessing a rally against the Chairman of AMAC who has worked and still working to better the lives of the People of AMAC work gave him their mandate for the second term.

“We can boldly say from the inception of AMAC, Candido's Administration is
the best so far in the history of the Area Council and FCT at large

“We stand by Candido and will rally round to ensure no politically motivated rally can distract him from the 128 projects he commissioned in his first tenure.

“This rally is a peaceful one in solidarity with the APC Administration under the Chairmanship of Hon Abdullahi Adamu Candido,” it said

The Vice Chairman, Lawrence Onuchuwku, who received the letter on behalf of AMAC council, said, “We the people of Abuja municipal area council for this solidarity march for us in Abuja municipal area Council we are not distracted, we will continue to work for the people and we will continue to serve the people, we will continue to give a listening ear to the people.

“As you are carrying out your March, I want to also advise you to do it with all stability, we can not have break Law and Order but I can assure you that, our duty here is to work for the people on the project in which we have put on Grand are not a rocket science,” he said

Legislative arms, have early said that they would Suspend the Chairman of the Council, Mr Abdullahi Candido from office for two weeks in order to carry out investigation.

The legislative arm of the council took the decision after deliberating on a petition submitted by a civil society organisation, the Civil Society for Human Rights and Rehabilitation on January, 21. With the allegations of misappropriation of funds, disregard of public procurement act.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Girl That Would Love Me For Who I Am / Video: Guy Fights With Lion After It Bites His Hand / New Method Of Preventing Corona Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.