Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times (88180 Views)

Nigeria Not Included As Canada Adds Two African Nations To Visa Free Travel List / Religious Repression: US Adds Nigeria To List Of "Countries Of Concern" / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Theboss100(m): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2020
question about why some Nigerians love Trump. She said she can’t fathom or think about why any sane Nigerian should love Trump to a fault.

Trump already banned immigration visa now.
They have already systematically decreased the non-immigrant visa granted to Nigerians and embassy denial rate already skyrocketed.

He proposed to ban F1-OPT, the court will hear the case soon sometimes in July or so.

He already changed the method of H-1B visa system and he’s also proposing more strict policies.

He will soon ban (if not already) people going to America to born babies. He already systematically banned visiting visas coz the approval rate of that one is not more than 5-10% only restricted to mostly rich people.
Any Nigeria govt that dnt support terrorism wil av favour in the eyes of AMERICA. As for ur Buhari, he is a terrorist supporter and sympathezer. The ban is sweet. So wailing. After una cause problem for naija una go run go hide for US. Gameover!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 01, 2020
oyebanji:
"A United States government official said the administration was adding Nigeria and Tanzania to the list because of the number of people who come from the African countries on a visa and end up illegally staying in the United States. The official said Sudan and Eritrea had not satisfied the administration’s information-sharing requirements"

Have a close look on that my post by Washington post were it stated why Nigeria was included.

"The six additional countries recommended for restrictions in the January 2020 proposal are among the worst performing in the world,” Trump said in the proclamation, but he said he was encouraged by their “willingness to work with the United States” to correct the deficiencies"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Benprass(m): 10:46am On Feb 01, 2020
mvem:
No...it doesn't affect student Visa...only immigrant visa... Our problem is we don't read, the information is online and detailed
thank you for the information, moreover because someone ask a question that does not mean they dot read my dear.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by tartar9(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
Thanks to those animal that went to protest and burn American flag when Soleimani was killed ...Well no matter what Trump does I still support him ..We must not forget that Buhari has locked our own border for months now and zombies have been applauding them
So some people burning US flag is the reason why the country has been barred from US visa.
You Igbos are so daft.
It's your mainly flàtheaded brothers overstaying their visa duration,that's the reason Nigeria is on that list.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GamalNasser: 11:00am On Feb 01, 2020
tartar9:

So some people burning US flag is the reason why you've been barred from US visa.
You Igbos are so daft.

Shut up you supporter of Terrorism
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Trump2020: 11:01am On Feb 01, 2020
We love you Trump. Yoruba Moslems like legendhero can go and hug transformer
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:01am On Feb 01, 2020
America will forever be a country of immigrants. Trump can't stop that ' cause his forebears equally benefitted from that ageless policy which makes America what it is today.

The strength of our country lies in its diversity and nobody should try to limit that potentials with a crazy and unpopular policy that is bound to fail eventually.

Everybody is welcome to the U S A !

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Seyi4misamuel(m): 11:03am On Feb 01, 2020
"Nigeria is a country who has failed to put her own very house in order"
Had it been all's well in this nation, most Nigerians wouldn't have found their ways at all cost just to seek for greener pastures.
Now, as regards this travel ban, so many people wouldn't be able to be united with their families who are residing in the God's own country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Minamoto: 11:08am On Feb 01, 2020
Pavarottii:
So buhari cares about me?? Please say something else...
Where did I mention Buhari?
Buhari and Trump shouldn't be ruling any country as long as I am concerned

3 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by SirLakes: 11:09am On Feb 01, 2020
Ban
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by tundess: 11:12am On Feb 01, 2020
Trump till 2090 !
Bigly
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Minamoto: 11:12am On Feb 01, 2020
LabDNA:

You are from the SE? Ok, a simple test of your political I.Q.

What do you think about how a gang of muslim northerners and their lackeys have ruled this country like Danfodio's jungle since after the civil war without making any attempt to think like civilized people and build the country for all.
Their feudal kakistocracy rulership have pushed people (progressive minded) outside this country to the USA, especially Igbos and Christian southerners and they hardly return, my uncles who left in the 70s and 80s have never regretted leaving.

Now why shouldn't Biafrans intensify efforts to seperate from this country which is being held at the jugular by unprogressive muslim fulanis, and their mutiple terrorist groups (Fulani herdsmen terrorists, Boko haram and ISWAP). What business does Christian Biafrans have still remaining in a country with 3 world renown dangerous terrorist groups? Tell us.
And how does this relate to everything I said? I don't understand you guys, so everyone that hates Trump automatically likes Buhari and Nigeria?

Did I for once mention that I want Nigeria to remain together? What does not supporting Trump even have to do with Biafra and Nigeria? I am not seeing any connection yet. You think Trump cares about any of that?
The only thing Trump wants is to limit non white people from entering US.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by farem: 11:14am On Feb 01, 2020
[quote author=FrLukas post=86282472][/quote]

It is a serious painment. Sorry
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Amhappy(f): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2020
Some other countries will use this as a reference to follow suit. I think this ban has nothing to do with Visa overstay. That's just the official reason.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by nameo: 11:22am On Feb 01, 2020
LegendHero:

This is not a matter of interest alone, it’s a matter of not liking people of color.

Do you think we overstay visa more than Chinese and Indians?? Do you think we do more visa scams than Chinese and Indians?

Do you know the number of Nigerians granted visas as against those country and yet he is picking on us.

He is not against illegal overstay alone, he is after both legal and illegal citizens.

Stay there and be thinking like you’re doing. I can promise you that if he gets re-elected, then even legit guys here will feel it.

See this below:
Why can’t he ban those guys on top first before Nigeria if you think it’s because we overstay?

He didnt ban those countries that have higher no of people "overstaying" like Canada but banned Nigerians cos Nigeria is weak. Diplomatically and All.

That is why i laugh when some persons here are saying it is cos we "overstay".

Nigeria has fallen so bad that the USA, a country that is one of the highest buyers of our crude and a country that we were supposed to have a strategic partnership with, is blatantly restrictly the migrating or even visit her people.

That a whole Bishop was restricted this week should serve as a peek of what is to come.

Our political leadership, past and present, have FINISHED us.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by voltron14: 11:35am On Feb 01, 2020
liveyourlife007:
Retards. burning U.S flag, you think it's your shit hole green and White

I hope you aren't the one in your profile.

See your environment.

Looks like a shithole.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Mrexcell(m): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by RaptorX: 11:56am On Feb 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

The one that even shocked me was when last year Trump denied temporary protected status to residents of the Bahamas fleeing the destruction of Hurricane Dorian despite widespread destruction.

He said and I quote,

“I don’t want to allow people that weren’t supposed to be in the Bahamas to come into the United States, including some very bad people and some very bad gang members and some very, very bad drug dealers,”

The ethnic makeup of the Bahamas is more than 90% black but Trump deemed it fit to address them as "drug dealers and bad gang members."

His administration has also attempted to cut TPS for residents of other countries, including Honduras and Nepal.

The guy simply hates non whites and his policies prove it
He was referring in the bolded to the large number of Haitian illegal immigrants in the Bahamas. But I agree with you the guy is a closet white supremacist, he removed a European country Belarus from the list and left only non white countries.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
A bad news for Nigeria and Buhari government. People have failed to consider the situation and continued to point fingers as always. This current administration and their abuse of human rights and elections manipulations are the reason for the ban. Instead of Nigerians to rise against bad governance, they are concentrating in senseless argument. I don't know why i was created among people of such mindset.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by omoluka: 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
loswhite:
I hope we can also place a ban on ppl paying for their visa application. The annoying part is with the ban they will still collect ppls visa application money and still deny them
Some Nigerians no dey read news
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by shogsman(m): 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2020
Where are the fools supporting him
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by janettee(f): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2020
It's funny how some people want to point figures at each other. It doesn't matter what tribe you are from, the tribe still affects you as a NIGERIAN.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
Blindersoff:

This should help you better

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

Go through it intelligently then draw your conclusion.

Plus the attached image shows the deepest coloured states are only state so far he still has strong support while for others they are below 50% with some being as low as 25% approval rating in the lightest coloured states.

Trump will lose come November despite his voter suppression attempts and voting equipment Ivanka is trying to get from China in order to rig
stop spreading propaganda and false theories. Trump was doing worst off in the before being elected.
the polls said Hilary Clinton will win with a landslide victory.

what the media is not telling you is that those participating in the poll are less than 1% of voters. they are not telling you that liberal or Democrats are more involved in social media and more likely to participate in polls than conservative.
the media are not telling you that older people who have less interest in participating in polls are more likely to vote Democrats.
the media refused to tell you that Trump is polling higher now than when he was elected.
they are not telling you that Trump is the president with one of the highest approval rating among his own party

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Blindersoff: 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lostz:

stop spreading propaganda and false theories. Trump was doing worst off in the before being elected.
the polls said Hilary Clinton will win with a landslide victory.

what the media is not telling you is that those participating in the poll are less than 1% of voters. they are not telling you that liberal or Democrats are more involved in social media and more likely to participate in polls than conservative.
the media are not telling you that older people who have less interest in participating in polls are more likely to vote Democrats.
the media refused to tell you that Trump is polling higher now than when he was elected.
they are not telling you that Trump is the president with one of the highest approval rating among his own party

I have given you credible polls from Gallup who are possibly the number 1 and most respected statisticians in the world.

If you still do not get it then I leave you to your confusion.

I am right here in America so cannot be deceived or confused by the far right Media who have obviously brainwashed you
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by Izzymore(m): 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
Obama deported more immigrants!!
I guess some of you still believe Russia helped Trump win

GermanMelania:

Why are you taking your anger out on him?
Whether he loves or hates trump isn't going to change the situation
.you can like/hate someone while disagreeing with his policies.
Nigerian pastors in ameriva push the whole voting republican thing bevause of abortion and gay rights. They tell people to not vote Democrat even though democrats are the ones pushing for immigration reform and giving illegal people rights and a path to citizenship. But we are so blinded by people's reproductive and sexual behavior we Bleep our own life lines.

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by maasoap(m): 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2020
GamalNasser:
Thanks to those animal that went to protest and burn American flag when Soleimani was killed ...Well no matter what Trump does I still support him .. We must not forget that Buhari has locked our own border for months now and zombies have been applauding them

Buhari locked down our land borders, I'm okay with it.
Trump placed strict restrictions on Nigerians entering USA, I'm okay with it too. No time to wail.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GermanMelania: 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Obama deported more immigrants!!
I guess some of you still believe Russia helped Trump win

Yup. Obama deported immigrants with a criminal record
Be honest
And he set up the DACA thing.
Trump is deporting those WITHOUT a criminal record or not .i dont know if putin helped him or not
Ameriva is quick to meddle in elections else where. I am not sure why if true, then it shoulf matter

1 Like

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by ijebubabe(f): 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
Nigerian passport/nationality is now a curse.

It's a shame that many people fail to realise this.
Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:39pm On Feb 01, 2020
https://thehill.com › latino › 47...
Deportations lower under Trump administration than Obama: report ...
18 Nov 2019 · The Trump administration has deported fewer overall people than were deported under former President

Imagehttps://www.cnn.com › politics
Yes, Obama deported more people than Trump but context is ... - CNN.com
13 Jul 2019 · President Donald Trump wants to deport a lot of people this weekend. "You know what? They came

You can see CNN running in circles with some dumb explanation.
Most blacks don't even know this, they were programmed by the media to love Obama and hate Trump and because blacks love to be told what to do they file along

Democrats rule by division, most don't even know that was the original party of the KKK

GermanMelania:

Yup. Obama deported immigrants with a criminal record
Be honest
And he set up the DACA thing.
Trump is deporting those WITHOUT a criminal record or not .i dont know if putin helped him or not
Ameriva is quick to meddle in elections else where. I am not sure why if true, then it shoulf matter

Re: Trump Finally Adds Nigeria To His Restricted Travel list - NY Times by GermanMelania: 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
https://thehill.com › latino › 47...
Deportations lower under Trump administration than Obama: report ...
18 Nov 2019 · The Trump administration has deported fewer overall people than were deported under former President

Imagehttps://www.cnn.com › politics
Yes, Obama deported more people than Trump but context is ... - CNN.com
13 Jul 2019 · President Donald Trump wants to deport a lot of people this weekend. "You know what? They came

You can see CNN running in circles with some dumb explanation.
Most blacks don't even know this, they were programmed by the media to love Obama and hate Trump and because blacks love to be told what to do they file along

Democrats rule by division, most don't even know that was the original party of the KKK

Black this black that. You sef sound like a parrot. Are your thoughts even original?
Honestly? You are invoking kkk and democrats in thid matter. Okay lets agree that they were. Are they the kkk nation today?
Obama deported criminals. However trump is deporting everyone. But you are damn right on Obama.

The truth id based on whst is going on that made amotekun be needful is the same reaon why we sre on the trump ban list. So many people from other countries are coming ij and have made it to Lagos. We need to figure things out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Ahmed Gulak Shot Dead In Owerri / Ekiti Election: Ignore Results On Social Media - INEC. / Osun Governorship Elections: PDP Claims Victory

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.