Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,871 members, 7,872,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban (48576 Views)

Pupil Killed By Stray Bullet As Police And Keke Riders Clash In Lagos (Graphics) / Female Child Kidnapper Caught In Ijora Badia, Lagos, Burnt To Ashes (Graphic) / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by sayisayi(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
[ the advantages.

They pose a serious security threat ... [/quote]
Yes o...plenty okada strap bomb to their backs abi...

Dem cause wahala like BH...AQIM, delta militants etc.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by obama30: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:
Governor Sanwo Olu. Okada riding and Keke driving is almost the only means of livelihood for people in Apapa and Ijora axis.

Please restrain your show of force against this people. Please I'm pleading. Just the sight in the second picture says it all. How these people have against all odds clinched to hope in the hope of a better live through honest living

Let's put an end to these elitist principles that Rob's people of decent livelihood. Regulate not kill them. Go to Ikorodu axis, from agric to Isawo, agric, bayeku, move towards oke ira in Ogba, Badore, Awoyaya, Badore, Sangotedo,Ijesha to Lawanson to Ojuelegba to Sabi, central , inner Yaba routes, Onipanu, Shomolu, Palm Grove, Maryland. Please answer me the state government. If you know these areas at all.

Allow me to also mention residents of Omuokoko, Agbara, Sango axis,Kola, Agbado,Ipaja,Egbeda, Badagry, Alaba do the officials of Lagos understand the inner workings of these routes atall

Let's be gentle with the forceful approach to life's issues. These are humans. If Lagos State has alternatives, let them register their bikes and then present them after which the buses will or whatever new considerations the government have in mind be presented to these people so they can have their livelihoods and dignity intact than the use of militralistic force against human beings for the sakes of humanity. Please

I hope this is respectful of the government's desire to effect a change towards a better more improved system. We're only saying things should be done in phases.

check if your mentally ok upon your education? So because of Malians, Nigeriens, chandian's, Sudanese Beninese and Togolese that has taken Okada business and polluting Lagos we should allow them to because is there meanshood? If anyone feel lagos banning okada is bad let the person relocate to Abuja for Okada business. I am no a Yoruba but i enjoy the banning of Okada in lagos. Okada has been ban in many Eastern state and heaven didn't fall, what about Abuja and other state why should Lagos own be different. please Mr. governor rehabilitate prison for anyone that will disturbed Lagos resident because of Okada issue. I have never see other nation's fighting for Nigerians living in their country, is only in Nigerian we fight for foreigners. 90% of okada riders in lagos are from mention nation is time they go back where they come from, Lagos is not a dumping ground they can relocate to north because all the foreigners speak Hausa in day time and their original language in their shanties. Sawolu I support this move even thought it come late

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by WarriAproko: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Time to move to lag to make money with my small motor. Transportation business nah bomb there. grin cheesy
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
dazzlingd:

It's not by force they stay in lagos....the law has said it does not want them again....simple!!!!

Sense is far from you. I swear
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by chachanga: 8:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendumazy:
I really feel for the investors of OPAY AND GOKADA. A wrong investment this would be for them and this sends a wrong signal to foreign investors.

That's why anyone who's hellbent on being a blind apologist of APC's draconian systems always look stoopid selling their crappy logic.

In a city like Lagos with so much FDI potential, what signals does this send if not that they're reliable.

Bunch of id1ots.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by ajalawole(m): 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Dunnigrace:

Sir, I trekked from Ilepo to Oshodi

Ikeja to Oshodi is still an easy exercise
blood of Jesus

during my bro wedding some years back I trekked from iyana ipaja to ilepo and I almost die..
How are u lagosian doing it self.
honestly I should keep my mind of relocating to lagos now.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by kunleweb: 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
obama30:

check if your mentally ok upon your education? So because of Malians, Nigeriens, chandian's, Sudanese Beninese and Togolese that has taken Okada business and polluting Lagos we should allow them to because is there meanshood? If anyone feel lagos banning okada is bad let the person relocate to Abuja for Okada business. I am no a Yoruba but i enjoy the banning of Okada in lagos. Okada has been ban in many Eastern state and heaven didn't fall, what about Abuja and other state why should Lagos own be different. please Mr. governor rehabilitate prison for anyone that will disturbed Lagos resident because of Okada issue. I have never see other nation's fighting for Nigerians living in their country, is only in Nigerian we fight for foreigners. 90% of okada riders in lagos are from mention nation is time they go back where they come from, Lagos is not a dumping ground they can relocate to north because all the foreigners speak Hausa in day time and their original language in their shanties. Sawolu I support this move even thought it come late

Gutter. Language is the first indicator of mental instability. Sorry you typed so much and I didn't read beyond the first line of your garbage. So sorry
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Facelesscabal(m): 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
dazzlingd:

All the people that say NO to a sane society are free to go to hell!!!!

And some people are sympathizing with these okadas....very dangerous people...the disadvantage of keke and okadas obviously outweigh the advantages.

They pose a serious security threat ...

Even keke abi? You probably have a car thats why..everybody with hin own matters
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Legalcriminal: 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
E no far bruh.
Wetin make I talk
Kallmerb:
The truth is the Government is for the people in Government not everyday Masses....

Imagine trekking to oshodi FROM ikeja
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by yusufu16: 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
nextstep:

Yes, the Gov of Lagos should allow any Nigerian free movement within their own country to work in any legal field they want. If there's a demand, and there's supply, all government need do is regulate so that all sides benefit.

Lagos has more people than infrastructure to move them. Lagos is great because of all the people who pour their lives, productivity, hardwork into it. All the factories, banks, real estate, ports, and eventually government taxes, are a result of people's labor.

What big cities around the world have done is invest massively into public transportation (e.g bus, trains), not try to limit who can come. Tokyo, New York, London are massive cities that benefit from their large populations. When government provides good transportation infrastructure (which includes good roads all over), and people have a convenient, safe, and affordable mode of getting around, there won't be a need for okada, and so the the supply will dry up on its own.

What insane governments do - like we have a lot of in Nigeria - is to blanket ban without giving alternatives, without proper long-term planning. I remember when they started the odd-even plate number system to reduce traffic congestion... those who could simply bought two cars, some just bought a second plate (and paid bribe anytime they were caught), and the rest who could not simply suffered on the days they could not drive. Invest in the same things sane governments have, no... let's ban.

Hmm you need to understand that upon all the population of Lagos only less than 5% of the population pay tax to the LAgos government. Most people in Lagos are only surviving and are not contributing anything to the development of the state. Most people dont have any business doing in Lagos.

You need to also understand that New York and Tokyo are not cities meant for the poor.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by fabianiweka: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Apc is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos is a summary of lawlessness.
Lagosians are allergic to orderliness, we are selfish and inconsiderate (with very tiny exceptions).

Laws have been made to regulate the activities of these okadas on major roads, yet they grow like cancer. I know how they behave along BRT corridor from OJOTA towards ikorodu.

I agree this move is too harsh but I don't see any other alternative. All previous partial banning have a way of diffusing into lawlessness. Lagos is slowly turning into a ghetto if you are a keen observer.

Yes, we must survive but not like maggots in septic tank. I use Okada a lot but I will not overlook their excesses.
I hope there is a way out soon, and if there is none within Lagos, there will definitely be one out of Lagos.

Believe me, Lagos is choking and frustrating; movement is becoming extra difficult. Tell me, what is life without movement? If you cannot think of any way out, don't blame the government - remember, they are extensions of you and I.

However, tricycles should be reconsidered.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by eyinola: 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
First plan to remove aboki from Lagos achieved ,next is ogun,#Amotekunagender ..Lagosians plz bear with us ,its an indirect way of evacuating all this fulanis from our land.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Honeydenz(f): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Come to think of it, Must everybody stay in Lagos? Don't they have a village where they come from, Lagos is over populated. Every living soul wants to come to Lagos as if there's money tree there. Practically suffering and smiling in the name of being called a lagosian.

Alot of farmers in the village are far better than some Lagos-based men and women, realistically!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by azikiweironsi(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
yusufu16:

I don't know why some Nigeriens always bring sentiments and sympathy to anything good. So the Gov. should allow any dick and harry from all over the country to come to Lagos just because they have families to carter for.

There are other businesses people can do aside okada/keke riding to survive in Lagos. We need to support the government on this.
You want them to come for your head. They see nothing on this. But rush to Dubai, Canada, Germany because they have good roads but ready to spoil their own back home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by dazzlingd(m): 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
yusufu16:

I don't know why some Nigeriens always bring sentiments and sympathy to anything good. So the Gov. should allow any dick and harry from all over the country to come to Lagos just because they have families to carter for.

There are other businesses people can do aside okada/keke riding to survive in Lagos. We need to support the government on this.

Will u mind them , okada riding has suddenly become the alpha and omega, the messiah , one and only means of survivor of nigerians....lmao

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by KingAzari: 9:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendumazy:
I really feel for the investors of OPAY AND GOKADA. A wrong investment this would be for them and this sends a wrong signal to foreign investors.

Which yeye foreign investor would come and invest in an unlawful business?

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by philip0906(m): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

The law was there before investing in the business, silence of the law doesn't mean nonexistent. They should blame themselves not unstable government policy.
What law please? The Lagos State Transport Sector Reform Law 2018, which restricts motorcycles from operating on major highways in the state but however makes an exception for motorcycles with engine capacity above 200cc which is exactly what the ride hailing startups use.

So what law are you talking about?
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by philip0906(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
KingAzari:

Which yeye foreign investor would come and invest in an unlawful business?
What unlawful business are you talking about?

Lagos State Transport Sector Reform Law 2018, restricts motorcycles from operating on major highways in the state but however makes an exception for motorcycles with engine capacity above 200cc.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by ccollins(m): 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
BabyApple:
I work as a tricycle rider. We trekked from Oyingbo to Ikeja to protest .. We were not attended to. Sanwo olu don finish me
are you for real
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Paganizonda: 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
obama30:

your head dey there.
let these people from all these west African countries go back to the north.
people are suffering but its for there own good,if this wasn't done these people would one day revolt and seize/destroy Lagos with their so called Islamic jihad.
Lagos needs to be sanitized and depopulated.
this is a big step in doing that.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by tiger28: 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
JUST go back and do your okada in the north abeg!

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by OlujobaSamuel: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
philip0906:

What law please? The Lagos State Transport Sector Reform Law 2018, which restricts motorcycles from operating on major highways in the state but however makes an exception for motorcycles with engine capacity above 200cc which is exactly what the ride hailing startups use.

So what law are you talking about?
I might be wrong, but I think that classification was for personal use and not passenger ride, because I can still recollect seeing some road signs having a no bike with passenger sign on it.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by tiger28: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:
Governor Sanwo Olu. Okada riding and Keke driving is almost the only means of livelihood for people in Apapa and Ijora axis.

Please restrain your show of force against this people. Please I'm pleading. Just the sight in the second picture says it all. How these people have against all odds clinched to hope in the hope of a better live through honest living

Let's put an end to these elitist principles that Rob's people of decent livelihood. Regulate not kill them. Go to Ikorodu axis, from agric to Isawo, agric, bayeku, move towards oke ira in Ogba, Badore, Awoyaya, Badore, Sangotedo,Ijesha to Lawanson to Ojuelegba to Sabi, central , inner Yaba routes, Onipanu, Shomolu, Palm Grove, Maryland. Please answer me the state government. If you know these areas at all.

Allow me to also mention residents of Omuokoko, Agbara, Sango axis,Kola, Agbado,Ipaja,Egbeda, Badagry, Alaba do the officials of Lagos understand the inner workings of these routes atall

Let's be gentle with the forceful approach to life's issues. These are humans. If Lagos State has alternatives, let them register their bikes and then present them after which the buses will or whatever new considerations the government have in mind be presented to these people so they can have their livelihoods and dignity intact than the use of militralistic force against human beings for the sakes of humanity. Please

I hope this is respectful of the government's desire to effect a change towards a better more improved system. We're only saying things should be done in phases.
The MAIN question with you Africans is ......HOW MANY of these riders EVER paid ANY income tax ?YET most of them will come here on NL and talk trash about Nigeria.....Have you paid your tax?

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by philip0906(m): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

I might be wrong, but I think that classification was for personal use and not passenger ride, because I can still recollect seeing some road signs having a no bike with passenger sign on it.
You're wrong.

Same Opay, Gokada had been in talks with the hypocritical Lagos state government amidst talk to collaborate with the state and were even praised by the state government...Then boom, from no where, this senseless policy came.

I have no problem with banning all those riff raff okada riders...but banning startups adding quantifiable value, abiding by the law, investing in the state is outright insanity.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by philip0906(m): 9:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
tiger28:
The MAIN question with you Africans is ......HOW MANY of these riders EVER paid ANY income tax ?YET most of them will come here on NL and talk trash about Nigeria.....Have you paid your tax?
Opay, Gokada, max.ng employs tons of people who pay PAYE tax to Lagos state, while still complying with the law...Now they'll"all" loose their jobs.

It would have been justifiable banning all those riff raff okada riders and leaving it at that but banning value based tech startups contributing to the state while still abiding by the law, is pure senselessness

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by OlujobaSamuel: 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
philip0906:

You're wrong.

Same Opay, Gokada had been in talks with the hypocritical Lagos state government amidst talk to collaborate with the state and were even praised by the state government...Then boom, from no where, this senseless policy came.

I have no problem with banning all those riff raff okada riders...but banning startups adding quantifiable value, abiding by the law, investing in the state is outright insanity.
If that is the case, then they have a right to sue or they can enter into dialogue with the state to avoid litigation stress
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by philip0906(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

If that is the case, then they have a right to sue or they can enter into dialogue with the state to avoid litigation stress
The ceo of max.ng granted an interview earlier and from the tone of his response, they might not want to go the legal route (just yet) as they still hope the state government will come back to her senses
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
dazzlingd:
All the people that say NO to a sane society are free to go to hell!!!!

And some people are sympathizing with these okadas....very dangerous people...the disadvantage of keke and okadas obviously outweigh the advantages.

They pose a serious security threat ...

Modified: for those enemies of sanity, lovers of disorderliness, commotion and confusion quoting me,...

Pls is okada business the only business nigerians can do...is it the alpha and omega, the one and only, the messiah and saviour of our race?? Without okada business, nigerians cannot survive? Why are u such pathetic lowly thinkers, poverty is indeed beyond bank account, it is indeed a bastard of the mind...
I weep for your mindsets...

Okada must go, if e pain u, relocate to Niger or chad
You obviously have zero atom of sense, I'm ashamed of wasting my time to reply you. I'm not against the ban, but I'm against the timing, it's so wrong. Now people treck to work because they can't find buses and bus owners hiked the price over 100%. This isn't well thought of at all. Where is the mono rail project today? Do we have cable cars? Underground train? We're talking about transporting hundreds of thousands daily. The roads are already congested! People leave there cars at home and use Okada because it's obviously much faster. Make una dey get sense abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by armadeo(m): 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendumazy:

This here is the truth.

If you ever want to invest in Nigeria's economy add the clause of contract.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lecturer Rapes 18- Year-old Admission Seeker In Lagos / Lagos Carnival: I Was Gang-raped In Police Presence – Dancer / Caption This Picture Of DCP Abba Kyari And Evans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.