Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,625 members, 7,918,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:33 PM

Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari (4277 Views)

ْ / Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammadu Buhari by 9ijaMan: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2011
Jakumo:

"Cleaning up the environment", as you put it, happens to be one of the PRIMARY purposes to which tax revenue is allocated in the cities and towns comprising the Free World, of which Ghana is a fine African example.   If Ayatollah Buhari is the blithering chimpanzee that dreamed up the ridiculous idea of forcibly imposing a "Mental Insanity Day" on Nigeria, during which tax-paying citizens are forced at gunpoint to sweep streets and clean out open sewers, then that ex-tyrant is way more disturbed than previously assumed, and should have been confined to an secure institution long ago.

You are damned right I would object to "cleaning your environment".   God, in Her infinite wisdom, created garbage trucks and municipal cleanup crews, whose monthly payroll bill is covered in part by MY mufuggin taxes, to do that job, be that in Argentina or Ajegunle.
Na how much tax u dey pay when Buhari was in power? Na how much tax you dey even pay now into the coffers of the 9jan government?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 11:12am On Jan 06, 2011
9ijaMan:

Na how much tax u dey pay when Buhari was in power? Na how much tax you dey even pay now into the coffers of the 9jan government?

Let us assume, for the sake of argument, 9ijaMan, that I personally have never paid a solitary dime of tax to the Nigerian state.   Would you, based on this premise, STILL argue that Ayatollah Buhari was RIGHT in trampling over the BASIC right of Nigerians to freedom of movement on certain days of the month, in order to press citizens into FORCED SLAVE LABOR  as emergency street cleaners ?

What the phuck ever happened to the idea of a government meeting its most FUNDAMENTAL obligation to its citizenry, namely that of trucking garbage to landfills ?   Are you saying that Nigerians should be regarded as so many cowering savages worthy of no civil rights, who DESERVE to be bullied and herded about by armed soldiers or police, under the hilarious pretext of "cleaning the environment" ?   If your answer is affirmative to ANY of the above questions, then your concept of what constitutes a civilized society is planets away from mine, sir, and I'll gladly leave it at that.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari by 9ijaMan: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2011
Jakumo:

Let us assume, for the sake of argument, 9ijaMan, that I personally have never paid a solitary dime of tax to the Nigerian state. Would you, based on this premise, STILL argue that Ayatollah Buhari was RIGHT in trampling over the BASIC right of Nigerians to freedom of movement on certain days of the month, in order to press citizens into FORCED SLAVE LABOR as emergency street cleaners ?

What the phuck ever happened to the idea of a government meeting its most BASIC obligation to its citizenry, namely that of trucking garbage to landfills ? Are you saying that Nigerians should be considered savages worthy of no civil rights, who DESERVE to be bullied and herded about by armed soldiers or police, under the pretext of "cleaning the environment" ? If your answer is affirmative to ANY of the above questions, then your concept of what constitutes a civilized society is planets apart from mine, sir, and I'll gladly leave it at that.
How many sane Nigerians complained to you that they have issues with cleaning their environment, even if ordained by the government. Your line of thought is warped, 'cos till date states across the nation still engage in the same practice even after almost 12 years of demoCRAZY! Since you have chosen to leave in a completely different galaxy, be my guest, as I believe there are smarter guys out there in the real world who still laud this concept.

How a monthly sanitation exercise has now become slavery in you jaundiced view is befuddling. And since you've just insinuated that you don't pay tax to the government, why not just shut it and let those who pay tax continue to slave one day every month to clean their environment.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari by Jakumo(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2011
Clearly, Naijaman, you have neither witnessed nor heard of battle-kitted troops in the street, kicking the crap out of Nigerian citizens on Very Mental Insanity Day, over the "offense" of being out on the road on a certain BANNED day, perhaps due to a medical emergency. 

Mufugiz been detained in squalor for DAYS over unpaid bribes, extorted at gunpoint, kicked into gutters by drunken gunmen, and yes, SHOT DEAD by state-sanctioned armed gangs, ALL on that accursed Very Mental Insanity Day that fills you with such obvious pride, but hey, don't let that deter you from voting for the mad creator of that hideous monster - perennial election LOSER, Ayatollah lock-'em-up Buhari. 

All told, I shall derive enormous pleasure from the RESOUNDING electoral loss your Ayatollah Buhari will suffer YET AGAIN, at the upcoming polls, just as I will once more marvel at the breathtaking idiocy of his subsequent lawsuit protesting the people's mandate for Johnny B. Goodluck to stay on course as Nigeria's next duly elected president.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari by 9ijaMan: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2013
9ijaMan:
How many sane Nigerians complained to you that they have issues with cleaning their environment, even if ordained by the government. Your line of thought is warped, 'cos till date states across the nation still engage in the same practice even after almost 12 years of demoCRAZY! Since you have chosen to leave in a completely different galaxy, be my guest, as I believe there are smarter guys out there in the real world who still laud this concept.

How a monthly sanitation exercise has now become slavery in you jaundiced view is befuddling. And since you've just insinuated that you don't pay tax to the government, why not just shut it and let those who pay tax continue to slave one day every month to clean their environment.

Clearly your Johnny B. Goodluck has brought you some luck now...! I dey laugh o!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dakuku Peterside Looses His Ward To Nyesom Wike / Photo: Wike Arrested By Efcc In 2008 For Stealing Over N4bn. / Federal Government Has Taken Over Radio Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.