Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,912 members, 7,890,024 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:40 AM

Five Major Sign Of Faulty Electrical Wiring, No 5 Is Common In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Five Major Sign Of Faulty Electrical Wiring, No 5 Is Common In Nigeria (946 Views)

Electrical Wiring And Fittings Of A 4 Bedroom Duplex / Please Help With Electrical Wiring Quotations / Reconstruction Of Faulty Foundation For A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Major Sign Of Faulty Electrical Wiring, No 5 Is Common In Nigeria by oogbiko(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
Five Major signs of Faulty Electrical Wiring, No.5 is Common in Nigeria

In building a house or renting an apartment, one major worry is the electrical wiring. It is important to get the wiring correctly and to do that one would require a quality team of electrical engineers to do a proper job.

So how do you know if the electrical wiring in your building has been done correctly? Well here 5 tips to know if the building has been done correctly or wrongly. Number five will actually shock… literally!

1. Circuit Breaker Trips:

Circuit breakers are important protective elements of power circuit. They are designed to trip off when the system is overloaded. Although they bring some sort of displeasure whenever they trip off, it is expected that they trip off every once in a while.

However, if your circuit breaker continues to trip off incessantly, it points to problems with your wiring connections in the building. It is advised to contact your local electrician to check it out.

2. Problems with Power Outlets, like Sockets:

Some of the problems with electrical outlets include:
a) Hot sockets
b) Browning or darkening of sockets
c) Sparking or shocking sockets
d) Connected appliances getting stock in the socket.
All these are signs of poor wiring. It is advised that you change the concerned socket and if these signs persist, call your electrician.

3. Burning Smell:

Any time you perceive a burning smell, like burning plastic, it is a sign that there is a faulty electrical connection in your building. Immediately put off the power source in your building and call an electrician to check for the problem. Treat this as an emergency as such little burns could escalate into something more severe.

4. Buzzing sound and Dimming of Light:

If you observe a buzzing sound in your connections, and irregular fluctuation of the intensity of your light bulbs then you should report to your electricity distribution company.

5. Power Surge and Electric Shock:

Have you ever touched your door and then it shocks you? Do you experience a continuous wave of power shock? then your wiring is faulty. Get a professional to assess the connections and do a better job for you.

In conclusion, Whenever you get any of the above-listed signs ensure to contact your local electrician.

https://dalkinovaspc.com/blog.html

https://buytransformer.name.ng

Re: Five Major Sign Of Faulty Electrical Wiring, No 5 Is Common In Nigeria by Wealthyonos(m): 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
grin grin
Na my pocket need repair. Each time I dip my hands inside my pocket, I experience this electric shock. Solution pls.
Re: Five Major Sign Of Faulty Electrical Wiring, No 5 Is Common In Nigeria by oogbiko(m): 9:06am On Feb 07, 2020
Wealthyonos:
grin grin
Na my pocket need repair. Each time I dip my hands inside my pocket, I experience this electric shock. Solution pls.

E mean say u get too much money... just share some with your neighbour and you are good to go
Re: Five Major Sign Of Faulty Electrical Wiring, No 5 Is Common In Nigeria by Wealthyonos(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2020
oogbiko:

E mean say u get too much money... just share some with your neighbour and you are good to go

Hahaha, AMEN o. I receive it.

(1) (Reply)

Sbanj Real Estate Consultant, Property Management And Estate Agency / Liberty Garden Now Selling For 850k.. An Opportunity You Don't Want To Miss / 5 Benefits Of Buying Lands In A Good Location

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.