Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,880 members, 7,909,304 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 10:15 PM

The World Is Damned To End 2012 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The World Is Damned To End 2012 (2608 Views)

The Atheist Repents, Believes In God And Is Still Damned To Hell Fire / Scientist Who Dug Into Hell In Siberia And Recorded The Cries Of The Damned Soul / How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by Joagbaje(m): 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2010
InesQor:

Kai I don lose touch with all this "rev" (revelation) attention-seeking tactics o! LOL
@Joagbaje:I see. So I see you agree there were raptures before Jesus was born too. Enoch and Elijah  grin cool

Preaching this Sunday:
"I found something in the scriptures as I was studying in the midnight yesterday, and I said Wow! It's all in the Word!! Your eyes have to be opened! (speaks in tongues as the congregation anticipates the next words. Someone screams PREACH IT PASTOR!!!. ) Joagbaje continues 'Did you ever know that there was rapture, even before Christ was born? Ah! You need to read your Bibles! It's all in the Word!!'"

An average CEC member knows these things . And you should not make mockery of the ministry of the word.
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by Joagbaje(m): 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2010
Image123:

i agree more with Jo on this thread, though not every sentence, 'as is characteristic of him, he has done'. But we seem to be on the 'same inclination' especially on pre.tribulation rapture and on 'prosperity'. It is God's plan that it should be well with us, that well being includes finances, both in no way limited or margined/zoned to it.
Psalm 118v25 Save now, I beseech
thee, O Lord: O Lord, I
beseech thee, send now
prosperity.

This is how you should have responded since. . . .instead, you're busy knocking me on the head.
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by Image123(m): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

This is how you should have responded since. . . .instead, you're busy knocking me on the head.
Ehya sorry, you've received so many knocks you feel dizzy. I don't think i've 'knocked you' on THIS thread sha, but watch.
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by Image123(m): 1:33am On Dec 19, 2010
The rapture is the catching up of saints to meet the Lord in the air. It is quite different from the coming of the Lord. The second coming of the Lord is pronounced and well known. The rapture is a MYSTERY. It is not general knowledge. When folks like Jo say that an average member of his church know these things, you should understand that he's either ignorant and presumptuous or lying with his mouth wide open. We may not all know all d details of the rapture, the details never saved anyone btw. Knowledge/ignorance of 'rapture theology abi na eschatology' doesn't qualify or disqualify us for the rapture. It is clean hands and a pure heart that will see God.
Also, the rapture is unique in two senses. One, its in a twinkling of an eye, plus two, it is a catching up of saints to meet the Lord in the air. So one should not exactly shout about 7raptures or 12raptures, for there's truly one in the real sense.
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by Image123(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2010
Okay, the great tribulation is a time of great tribulation. Oh yeah. It's different from what we see today. There is tribulation and trial in the world today, even Jesus said 'in the world, ye shall have tribulation'. All these are child's play, or better still, light affliction compared to The Great Tribulation. The suffering in this one is unparalled (Matthew 24v21).
The great tribulation is not the great white throne judgement. There's a 'millenial reign' inbetween the two. The great tribulation period is the time of God's wrath.
Revelation 6v16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Unfortunately, even the devil will not be smiling at that time (Revelation 12v12). There are reasons to suggest that believers would not be partakers in this period, some of the reasons are the promises of God.
John baptist hinted that it was possible to flee from the wrath to come. The escape route was/is repentance.
Romans 5v9 Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by Image123(m): 3:24pm On Dec 19, 2010
Other promises include but aren't limited to these;
Revelation 3v10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
1Thessalonians 1v10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1Thessalonians 5v9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
The rapture is what takes us(believers) out of the way, until the storm be overpast. There are going to be people who will be saved during the period of the great tribulation. They are as saved/elected as any other believer, and will also live eternally with God. But NOW is the period of grace, the easiest time, perhaps the best time to be saved. Now is the time of the gentiles. Christ is coming soon, to pick His church. Let's be prepared by living in holiness, and righteousness. Let's be watchful so as not to be found wanting when Heaven calls.
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by petres007(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2010
Image123:

Other promises include but aren't limited to these;
Revelation 3v10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
1Thessalonians 1v10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1Thessalonians 5v9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
The rapture is what takes us(believers) out of the way, until the storm be overpast. There are going to be people who will be saved during the period of the great tribulation. They are as saved/elected as any other believer, and will also live eternally with God. But NOW is the period of grace, the easiest time, perhaps the best time to be saved. Now is the time of the gentiles. Christ is coming soon, to pick His church. Let's be prepared by living in holiness, and righteousness. Let's be watchful so as not to be found wanting when Heaven calls.

Phew! Been holding my breath waiting for what scriptures you were going to bring up in support of the secret rapture thingy grin

I'm just about to turn in now and can't respond to your post above. . . But can you please explain this -

Image123:

The rapture is the catching up of saints to meet the Lord in the air. It is quite different from the coming of the Lord. The second coming of the Lord is pronounced and well known. The rapture is a MYSTERY. It is not general knowledge.

Thanks a bunch! wink
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by Image123(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2010
petres_007
Sorry i just saw this.
Well, the rapture involves the going up of saints, both the dead in Christ and we which are alive to meet Christ when the trumpet sounds. It was alluded to in John when Jesus said "I go to prepare a place, I will come again and receive you to myself that where I am there you may be also". Inbetween the rapture and the second coming is the Great tribulation.
The second coming is the period when Christ comes to dwell on earth a second time. The 'first coming' was when He dwelt among men for about 33years. Though we know He's been around before then and has appeared to many after then like He appeared to Paul. This 'second coming' to earth will last for about a thousand years, often referred to as the millenial reign. This time, He'll not come for His saints but with His saints as Jude alludes to. it's a coming to reign and execute judgement. Rapture is in the twinkling of an eye two people in bed and one taken, second coming is for a long while and every eye will see Him. Hope this clarifies.
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by opribo(m): 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
with the things i see happening around our world today I believe the end time cant be too far away. The Bible has never lied about any fact and we we can see everything said about the end time is here. What then shall we say of all these terrible things happening, HIV, Gay marriage, Sunami, billionaire GO's, kidnappers, rapist, sodomy. incest, rituals, lovers of self, criminals terrible news all over the place surely the end is nigh
Re: The World Is Damned To End 2012 by poweredcom(m): 4:54am On Dec 21, 2010
Ohh I am very happy to hear dat cant wait. aint gat noting to loose, hahaha Big Joke

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truth About The Spanish Inquisition (aka The Catholic Church's Torture Sessions) / 30 Questions I Want The Atheists To Answer / You Can Sex Your Wife In Her Period-bishop Dag-heward Mills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.