Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,734 members, 7,915,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:04 PM

Annoying Spousal Habits - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Annoying Spousal Habits (43290 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by EnnyP(f): 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
I was reading anoda thread wen i saw this thread. And i haven't done any other thing on my BB since i started reading the thread. I have been laughing so hard for almost 24hrs that av been on it now.

For d farting thing, i think am d guilty one. But the thing started after i gave birth †o my first baby just this year April. The funny thing my baby's own is worse n smells like rotten egg. People said its because he's going to be fat n my hubby said he learnt d habit from me. Don't know how a three month old baby will pick up an habit from d mum o

As for my hubby, he makes noise wit his bum anytime he's using d toilet. And it is an everyday affair. He doesn't go to work without first using d toilet in d morning. Says its an healthy habit n i agree but i always ask him must u make noise wit ur bum while doing the thing
He's highly domesticated n helps a lot around d house. If i'm tired or not feeling well, he'l insist on doing d cooking. But when i get to d kitchen, i'l prefer if i had done d cooking maself coz he'l make use of every single plates n spoon in d kitchen. There will be oil n water everywhere. The cooker will be covered wit oil n water or wateva is it he cooked. I'l spend hours cleaning up d place.
Hubby is too gentle to a fault n people so take advantage of this even his mech. He will do "sir" for everyone. There was a time he took his car to d mech for repairs. He came back without d boot mat n when i asked him, he said d guy said he can't find it. And am like so wat happens n he said there is nothing he can do abt it. His trafficator light cover was also broken while they were repairing his car one day, he paid them in full for d repairs n went ahead n got d thing fixed himself. Up till now one of the new foot mat we bought for d car is no where to be found courtesy of d mech
I have taken it upon myself to be standing n fighting for him when need be. Coz am always annoyed at d way people take advantage of his gentle nature.
Wen we have misunderstandings, he kips quiet. Am always the one to raise the issue for discussion. This troubles me a lot emotionally. And am not so strong in dat aspect.
Above all, he's a great guy. Will neva trade him for someone else. Our marriage will be 1year tomoro. And av enjoyed this past one year tremendously.

12 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Id4: 4:22am On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by chiejik(f): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2013
hahaha
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by nanalady(f): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2013
Wonderful topic..
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2013
nanalady: Wonderful topic..

This is quite hilarious and educative!!!

Ohhh....this thread shd never die!!!

Where re the married N'landers!!!
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by ihedinobi2: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Lord God in heaven! Ayam dead. Laff don kill me finish. Lovely thread o jare! Various flavors of marriage on display. grin grin grin

If there's anything I've learned here it's that you've got to lighten up and look on the bright side. Nice one, guys. smiley

Bumpity bump bump bump!!!!
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by kannymoore(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
..Hmmm...

No woman has said their husband womanises yet they say all men are womanizers...

Or are the ladies sieving their hubbies faults to score points?

...Hmmm!

grin.. grin ... grin!!!

Kidding though.. However, this is a really fun thread! grin!

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
grin
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Victosin09(f): 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
FILEBE: Wel,for now, my babe seems to address every guy the way she addresses me, calling them pet names she calls me. Even using the "bedroom voice" when on phone. Makes me wonder if she dates all of them.

I called my cousin and she told me this:
her husband pilfers meats and any edibles yet to be cooked in the kitchen that most times she is forced to hide roast fish at the back of the of the freezer.
He likes to tie towel around the house when he is not ready to go out even when there are visitors around. The worst part is that he ties this towel with no form of underwear beneath.
He is no fan of football except when Nigeria plays. He is a freak for news and when ever he sees her watching some fashion shows,she will have to withstand 30 mins sermon of why news is important and essential.

I cudnt help laughin wen she was narratin her ordeal.
As in ehnnnn...i dont even know what to say. Your cousin's husband needs to meet my dad for he's one towel tying man. This remains one contentious issue i have with the old man. I actually had to show my mom your comment. It really got her laughing.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by egopersonified(f): 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
My husband drools A LOT. He soaks the pillow with so much saliva that it smells awful. I ve a special pillow for him so I dont mistakingly use his and die of suffocation overnight and have to strip open the pillow and wash the foam in it regularly. Whenever am pregnant, I ve to ask someone else to wash his pillow case so I dont throw up from the smell.

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
donroxy:

This is quite hilarious and educative!!!

Ohhh....this thread shd never die!!!

Where re the married N'landers!!!
Second reading from page 0 to page 11 !

Waiting to read again in 2015 .... Even when I preside over this country , I will still surf Nairaland !
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 08, 2014
Really took 24hrs before I read this thread completely.
Now am so set and willing to settle down cos I see marriage can be fun.

Coming with my own story soon.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Godmystrength: 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
First time i am reading a thread on nairaland from beginning to the end. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

will be back with my own story.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Lilbeckiez: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
WOw,such a thread!
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by hayorbaami: 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
My husband is fond of waking up in the middle of the night to eat apples. He can wake up like four times just to eat apples. And the way he chew the apples makes me stay awake. I still find it really strange and sometimes I make jest of him that it was apples that killed Abacha.
Hubby eat cereal for breakfast and each time, he doesn't finish his bowl of cereal. He would then put it in the fridge. This he does everyday and by the end of the week there are five unfinished bowl of cereal in d fridge. I find it really annoying.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
hayorbaami: My husband is fond of waking up in the middle of the night to eat apples. He can wake up like four times just to eat apples. And the way he chew the apples makes me stay awake. I still find it really strange and sometimes I make jest of him that it was apples that killed Abacha.
Hubby eat cereal for breakfast and each time, he doesn't finish his bowl of cereal. He would then put it in the fridge. This he does everyday and by the end of the week there are five unfinished bowl of cereal in d fridge. I find it really annoying.

grin grin grin grin grin

Remove the bowl of cereal the time you see it and he does not watch you grin wink

Him disturbing my sleep would be a bigger issue for me angry cheesy
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
Still my fovorite thread ever
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Simsimz(f): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2019
Can this thread just come alive! It's so hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by silverkings: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
grin I read from First to the last page..... It goes to show that marriage works based on tolerance

6 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Spechialone(f): 2:19am On Aug 28, 2019
Yea...(dancing emoji) my fav thread. Read this btw 2011_ 2012,(as a guest) and I enjoyed every bit of it

Thank You Lord for life, I'm grateful...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Rukkydelta(f): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2019
My future hubby should have the annoying habit of wanting me around everytime
He should be clingy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Hisduchess(f): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2019
Rukkydelta:
My future hubby should have the annoying habit of wanting me around everytime
He should be clingy cheesy

I hate clingy men eeeeh.but funnily I keep coming back across such men and I keep running.that shii has made me a Singleton grin
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by hify9935(f): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
mahal:
Awww! so sweet of her, smiley
sweet bawo? Hahahaha
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Ginaz(f): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
My ex can fart fire , God of Nebuchadnezzar!!! And it’s those silent ones that sound innocent but the after effect is cancerous.

So one day we were about to eat, the food was on the table and he released a silent mess I didn’t hear but almost immediately felt . I asked him why he wanted to kill me . He said he just blessed the food , now we can eat well.

He drinks water a lot, and brags about how he is so strong and his system clean because he drinks water . Just let him fart first , you will almost go and seek funds to get his system cleaned.

1 Like

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Rukkydelta(f): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hisduchess:

I hate clingy men eeeeh.but funnily I keep coming back across such men and I keep running.that shii has made me a Singleton grin

Lol better grab the less clingy one among them
Before you will start seeing men that won't be giving you attention wink
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Simsimz(f): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Ginaz:
My ex can fart fire , God of Nebuchadnezzar!!! And it’s those silent ones that sound innocent but the after effect is cancerous.

So one day we were about to eat, the food was on the table and he released a silent mess I didn’t hear but almost immediately felt . I asked him why he wanted to kill me . He said he just blessed the food , now we can eat well.

He drinks water a lot, and brags about how he is so strong and his system clean because he drinks water . Just let him fart first , you will almost go and seek funds to get his system cleaned.

cheesy grin grin grin oh Lord
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by peacefulhome(f): 10:03pm On Aug 30, 2019
Ginaz:

Oh my . Why are you like this? Ha ha shey somebody can not mess again?

I mess mostly if I take beans, egg or moimoi. But the worst of it all, it beans. Like yesterday that I ate beans, hubby ran to sitting room when he could not bear it . I have even stay off eggs totally for some time now . Before I kill somebody child with mess.
Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 01, 2019
I read this thread from the first page to the latest.
Very hilarious. To think it's around 9 years old, I wonder how the families are doing, and whether they've ditched their habits.

Great thread tho. Very enlightening and entertaining. I've laughed so hard, ribs are aching.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by LadySarah: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2019
Guyman02:
My sister complains that her hubby is too careful and too tidy. if she drops a glass of cold water on the center table to go to the kitchen, before she comes back he has returned the glass to the fridge and is busy cleaning the table of small water drops.

Even when they have visitors around and their kid drops a seed of rice on the dinning floor, he will rush to start sweeping and mopping while still discussing important issues with the guests; next, he is dusting the TV set. All she does is to use killer looks to tell him to stop and prevent herself from screaming at him.

This is My husband exactly!
I have told him severally that we now have kids so he should let them. My kids eat Their cookies with a large tray grin grin so the crumbs wont fall.He polishes the chairs with My oils cool cool(Coconut,olive etc).The bedspreads are to be used only for 3 days .It is dirty After that.

he mops the tiles twice a day!He washes not cleans footwears before wearing them everyday.They spoil so easily and so i have told him to wash his alone and leave My kids School shoes.Last yr he spoilt Their room tv when he held it and was scrubbing the screen vigorously.Just4 mtholdtv.We spend so much on things he has spoilt while trying to clean them.
Very domesticated kiss kiss and i love him to bits

Mil said he has been like that from childhood.

I'm clean but saw someone at the extreme.Its Good but so exhausting.!

1 Like

Re: Annoying Spousal Habits by Edhiegurl029: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2021
Wow

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? / Man Asks Wife To Return His Kidney Or Pay $1.5m After She Filed For Divorce / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.