Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,859 members, 7,883,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:17 PM

BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa (769 Views)

Female Kidnapper Caught In Isale Eko House With Kidnaped Children Meant For Sale / Insecurity: Enugu Pastor, Onovo Ndubuise Kidnaped, Bank Account Cleared / Fr. Theophilus Ndulue Regains Freedom After Being Kidnaped On Friday In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by okrote4real: 8:21am On Feb 16, 2020
The permanent Secretary Ministry of Works Nasarawa State Jibrin Okaku Giza, has been kidnapped.

The commissioner of police, Nasarawa State Command, Emmanuel Bola Longe, who confirmed the incident said gunmen stormed the resident of the permanent Secretary in the early hours of this morning in Shabu, a suburb of Lafia, the state capital and took him to an unknown destination.

Bola Longe stated that the police were on the trail of the kidnappers.

No contact has been made by the kidnappers so far.

Details later....

https://leadership.ng/2020/02/16/breaking-permanent-secretary-kidnaped-in-nasarawa

Re: BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by Odinvahala: 8:22am On Feb 16, 2020
Ok
Re: BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by ignis: 8:26am On Feb 16, 2020
This is getting more interesting
Re: BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by LawLord247: 8:56am On Feb 16, 2020
hmm
Re: BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by jonesky080(m): 8:58am On Feb 16, 2020
Kidnapped. This issue of kidnapping and Boko Haram is getting out of hands
Re: BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by Sadiqali24(m): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2020
this is going to front page, let me book space until then I reserve my comment
Re: BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by TheFreeOne: 10:59am On Feb 16, 2020
TheFreeOne:
MY TAKE ON OPERATION AMOTEKUN:

Any discerning individual should have realised that happenings across the country recently most especially insecurity, nepotism in political appointments most especially lopsided security which has been intentionally concentrated into the northern region will eventually brings no good to the country.

Like a crescendo tension and fear builds up in the minds of many who can see the telltale signs of impending danger to all. Coupled with brazen unabated killings by BH, bandits, Fulani militias across the country and most especially in the middle belt. Many are of the opinion there's an agenda of ethnic cleansing by Fulanis and that the FG aren't helping matters with the failure to protect Nigerians and seemingly non prosecution of these bloodthirsty groups.
The reality is that one doesn't have to be a prophet to know that if these security challenges aren't faced head-on it won't be long before criminals elements start going from house to house killing and abducting people as it has become obvious the country security architecture is overstretched and compromised as some alleged.

So Operaion Amotekun is a child of necessity whose birth is a near perfect timing to stop incursion of these bloodthirsty groups into southern Nigeria. It's a kinda checkmate if Yorubas and other southerners are to sleep with their eyes closed cos it's no secret that 'cells' of these bloodthirsty marauders are very much in the south.

Real Omoluabis considers life and security of their people first before politics and I congratulate the SW governors for setting aside political differences to birth this laudable move. But they and the DAWN commission should be careful not to lose the reins of Amotekun to those who want to be politically correct because of selfish ambition as such individuals will want to whittle down the strength and functionality of these initiative in order to please some feudal lords at the detriment of Yorubas and entire south.
The governors should likewise be cautious of their dealings and discussions with the FG cos 'the devil is in the details' in order to avoid this initiative being sabotaged to suit Fulani interests and agenda.

I am also very happy for the resounding support from the Yoruba nation at home and in diaspora. It is a positive signs we have come to realise the need for UNITY and knows who our enemies are. And I hope southern Nigeria comes together as it is the ONLY WAY to have a country of our dreams IF we all desire to stay together as a country.

And those opposing this regional initiative should be rest assured Yorubas aren't unreasonable and neither will Amotekun be a tool for oppressing fulani herders as being claimed by Fulani leaders.
All we want is security of our people and only criminals elements amongst them need to fear Amotekun.

ONLY CRIMINALS AND THIEVES COMPLAINS OF THE STRENGTH AND HEIGHT OF THEIR NEIGHBOURS' GATE.

I pray those playing politics with the lives of Nigerians will see the urgent need for state policing before danger starring us in the face gets outta hand.

The present security architecture has failed and needs to be overhauled for competent hands devoid of tribal jingoism and nepotism that's being promoted as statecraft by current administration.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News: Permanent Secretary Kidnaped In Nasarawa by dionflex: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2020
Nairaland today is my birthday
show me love
3073236012 FCMB

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: UK Residents Set 5G Mast On Fire / (photo)married Woman Dies While Engaging In Marathon, Sleepover With Priest / WONDERS: Native Doctor Causes Stir In Edo As He Matches To Mall With Large Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.