Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,755 members, 7,885,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:15 PM

Major Reasons For Broken Marriages - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Major Reasons For Broken Marriages (465 Views)

Why Is Broken Marriages And Divorce High In This Generation / "Woman With 10 Kids Who Had 5 Marriages Is Disturbing My Life" - Man Cries Out / 6 Major Reasons To Date A Yoruba Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Reasons For Broken Marriages by Mzflexydeeva(f): 5:48am On Feb 17, 2020
Broken marriage

Today marriage is no longer as sacred as it used to be for some very obvious reasons.
Marriage is suppose to be a union between a man and a woman but it has a new definition.

A union between a woman and a financially stable man.
Topping the list of marriage breakers is
1. Finances: the havoc finance has wrecked on marriages is one that is eating deep in our society. It’s not just having the money, it’s also managing the finances. A lot of couples have gone their separate ways because of mismanagement of funds by either husband or wife. Also a lot of women have lost their sense of humility in their homes because they earn more than their spouses. Men on the other had have allowed money be their oppressing power over their wives.
2. Infidelity: This is one f the most rampant cause of broken marriages today. Many people are still of the opinion that once infidelity is mentioned in a marriage the man is always guilty but that’s just a wrong assumption. In our society today, women easily get a get out of jail free card because the torch of infidelity is mostly on the husband. Some major causes of infidelity include: greed, peer pressure, social validation, negligence and impatience.
3. Family: A lot of people may find this confusing but it’s a major marriage breaker. Like someone once said, it is good to marry a good person but even better when you marry from a good family. Family pressure can sometimes result in couples going their separate ways. It is often common to find extended family from both husband and wife trying to interfere in everything including when they should have kids and how they should be brought up.
4. Sex: Believe it or not, lots and lots of marriages have crumbled because of sexual intimacy. This most times results in unfaithfulness by either partner. One of the major ways to connect with your husband or wife is through sexual intimacy. It’s to be enjoyed by both. A case of too busy or too tired is a case of unfaithfulness waiting to be unraveled. A lot of people do not really understand that a strong sexual life is capable of holding a family together forever. It involves engaging your partner, enjoying them and satisfying them. Be ready to explore your sexuality together. Learn new things, find ways to keep each other asking for more.
5. Tolerance/Temper: Domestic violence often results from lack of tolerance or inability to control one’s temper. This is not just a marriage breaker but also a killer.
Feel free to add your so we know other causes of broken homes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons For Broken Marriages by bigiyaro(m): 5:59am On Feb 17, 2020
no love.
Re: Major Reasons For Broken Marriages by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 17, 2020
Well, I know my imagination is wild.

But you know there are a lot of people who believe in this book called the Bible and it could be that - I'm just saying ni oo - It could be that one of the reasons why there are broken marriages is because women fear the below verse may be applied to them whenever they want to rescue their husbands in a fight

Deuteronomy: 25. 11. When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: 12. Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her. - Bible Offline

There you go. when a woman wants to rescue her husband and she grabs the other man's crotch, her hand should be... CUT OFF

Fight may happen anytime you know and a wife may want to rescue her lovely husband and you know the crotch area is quite a weak point of man. But if a woman were to capitalise on that weak point and grab it, het hand should be cut off.

Maybe some women are afraid this would be applied to them.

Or could be it because of how some men understand the below verse so they do not give their women the chance to express themselves or make their points in the house?

1 Timothy 2:

11 Let a woman learn
quietly with all
submissiveness. 12 I do not
permit a woman to teach or to
exercise authority over a man;
rather, she is to remain
quiet.

Anyway, I'm just thinking ni oo. Maybe, just maybe, these are some of the causes of broken marriages.

Peace out!!!
Re: Major Reasons For Broken Marriages by Ibuyairtime12: 6:45am On Feb 17, 2020
Being a slay queen is a reason too.
Re: Major Reasons For Broken Marriages by Nackzy: 6:48am On Feb 17, 2020
Disrespect, pride, Ego, Self centeredness etc
One of the Most important thing to me is that my one must satisfy me sexually, wouldn't want to settle with someone who doesn't get wet well, don't like dry stuff, its a turn of for me,

(1) (Reply)

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate / Opinion: Why I Wouldn't Marry If I'm A Girl / Corona Virus :i Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.