Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,036 members, 7,915,995 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:37 PM

Egbabor Bags Yoruba 'oluomo' Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egbabor Bags Yoruba 'oluomo' Award (177 Views)

Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title / Egbabor Bags Yoruba 'oluomo' Award / MC Oluomo Was Stabbed With A Poisoned Knife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Egbabor Bags Yoruba 'oluomo' Award by scores4all: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
Egbabor bags Yoruba 'Oluomo' award

The Chairman of Isoko North Local Government Council, Hon. Emmanuel Egbabor has been conferred with the Oluomo award from the Yorubas in Isoko North Council Area of Delta State.

The prestigious award was bestowed on him yesterday in Ozoro at an impressive ceremony that was well attended by all Yoruba sons and daughters living in Isoko North.

The merit award was conferred on Egbabor by the Yoruba Progressive Forum, Isoko North Chapter in appreciation of his outstanding accomplishments in the development of the Council Area.

Presenting the award, Asiwaju of Isoko North, Alhaji Dele Daodu noted that Egbabor was chosen for the award in recognition of his landmark achievements and assessment of his human capital development which has contributed immensely to the upliftment of both the poor and the rich in Isoko North.

The group specifically mentioned the Chairman's health for all programmes which led to the healing of several persons in Isoko North and beyond and charged other Council Chairmen to emulate the Isoko North Council boss in crafting out programmes and policies that will have great impact on the citizenry. Responding, Hon Egbabor, thanked the Yoruba Progressive Forum for the award noting that he couldn't have achieved all he did in the Council without the help of God and the support of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and the good people of Isoko North. read also about 2020 jamb runz He assured the group that he will remain a good ambassador of the Yorubas having started life in Lagos many years ago. "First let me thank you all for this honour. It is well appreciated because it is coming from a well respected group of people from outside Isoko and Delta State.

"I give God all the glory because without Him, this award wouldn't have been possible. I must also thank His Excellency our amiable Governor, Senator Dr Ifeanyi Okowa for his support to the Councils in the State and of course my appreciation also goes to the good people of Isoko North Council Area for their support over the years.

"Without their support I wouldn't have achieved any of these things you are honouring me with today.

"As someone who started life in Lagos, I will continue to be a good ambassador of the Yorubas anywhere any time because they gave me the platform to launch myself to the society," he added

Present at the award ceremony were the Secretary to the Isoko North Local Government Council, Mr Kome Ozue and Hon. Chief Matthew Amudede who was also conferred with the award of Arasanmi of Yorubaland.

(1) (Reply)

Dtsg To Partner Ngos To Reorientate Youth On Positive Mind Set / There’s No Multiple Taxation In Lagos – Sanwo-olu / #3yearsinoffice: Innovative And Supportive Initiatives From The First Lady's Sta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.