Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title (919 Views)

Egbabor Bags Yoruba 'oluomo' Award / Egbabor Bags Yoruba 'oluomo' Award / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by bestofnollywood: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
Olowu of Kuta, HRM Oba Adekunle Makama Oyelude, Tegbosun iii, has conferred the chieftaincy title of ‘Are Balogun Agba’ of Owu-Kuta Kingdom on former chief of army staff and Nigerian Ambassador to the Benin Republic, Lt Gen TY Buratai rtd.

According to the letter of conferment sighted by our Correspondent, Olowu said; “Besides my long-standing excellent inter-personal relationship with you, your qualification as an icon worthy of being bestowed with High Chieftaincy titles of Owu-Kuta is superlative.

Olowu explains that since he assumed the throne of his forefathers on the 15th September, 2012, he has developed three main concerns as primary objectives in Office, which include peaceful coexistence, socio-economic development and qualitative leadership.

He said ; “Confernment of this title on you by the Owu Kingdom is a further testimony to the fact that people appreciate what you have done and the ones you are still doing for the country. This long-earned title should further reinvigorate you to do more for posterity.

“After due consultation with the Olowu-in-Council and the entire Royal Family, I hereby confer on you the High Chieftaincy title of:
‘Are Balogun Agba’ of ‘Owu-Kuta’ Kingdom.

“Please accept our congratulation with the highest royal esteem!

The installation will take place at a later date.

https://applesbite.com/buratai-conferred-with-are-balogun-agba-of-owu-kuta-kingdom/

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by vickyfrancis1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2022
What corrupt and stolen money cannot do doesn't exist.

Oba cash out jare... after all it's our common wealth.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by onugam: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
Corruption, not Title is the Nigerian problem at this critical point in history

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Mraphel: 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
cool
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Viscuz: 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Phahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
After pursuing Sunday Igboho and his followers to Benin republic prison and early graves

Our Yoruba Obas and stomach infrastructure are inseparable

4 Likes

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Totilopussylick(m): 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2022
onugam:
Corruption, not Title is the Nigerian problem at this critical point in history

All this worthless title that doesn't contribute anything for the development of Nigeria economy tongue undecided

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Jostoman: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2022
One of the Afonja that betray igboho.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Kalashnikov49: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
Killer of Agbado Miscreants has been elevated by their Royal Fathers....

sophisticated Mooorons
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by limeta(f): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2022
Old men just dey deceive every body with worthless titles

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2022
Correction
vickyfrancis1:
What corrupt and stolen money cannot do doesn't exist.

OLOWO (his title is OLOWO, not Oba) cash out jare... after all it's our common wealth.
As an Edo, I am sick and tired of these yoruba who seem to have abandoned their original titles and keep calling themselves with the title of the emperor of Benin: Oba.
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
Correction
NaijaRoyalty:
After pursuing Sunday Igboho and his followers to Benin republic prison and early graves

Our Yoruba MONACHS (not obas) and stomach infrastructure are inseparable
Stop using the Benin emperial title, use your own titles !
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by TAO11(f): 5:58am On Aug 13, 2022
Logicisfree:
[s]Correction
As an Edo, I am sick and tired of these yoruba who seem to have abandoned their original titles and keep calling themselves with the title of the emperor of Benin: Oba.[/s]

Logicisfree:
[s]Correction
Stop using the Benin emperial title, use your own titles ![/s]
You can run (from me) but you can’t hide. I knew it’s only a little time before I smoke you out.

So this is your new moniker!? Get ready to deactivate this account as you always do whenever I catch you pants down.
Having said that, I think you and your Benin kingdom should take your advice.

In other words, Benin kingdom should stop using the Yoruba word “Ọba” and stick to your (Bini’s) “Ogie”.

The use of the word “Ọba” in the Bini lexicon remains a loanword from the Yoruba language.

Cc: vickyfrancis1, NaijaRoyalty

4 Likes

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
Monarchies and corresponding title of monarch:

1)Rome: Cesar
2) Germany: Kaiser
3) England: king
4) Ottoman: sultan
5) France : roi
6) Russia: Tsar
7) Benin empire: Oba
8 ) Oyo: alafin
9) Persia: shah
10) Egba: alake

Notice an early captioned picture of the Oni of ife: no mention of the word "Oba" when referring to him, in his even earlier pictures, there is rather a mention of the word "sir" in place of where the "yorubas" put the word "oba" today. The troll who precedes me knows all this since I have already given (in the troll's presence) several pages of proof of the fact that the first yoruba monarch to use the word Oba to describe himself is adoseji aderemi who started his ooniship without any association with the word Oba, and his predecessor was never referred to as "oba" in his appellation. When you ignore logic, you automatically become a fool and a fool deserves no reply.

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Notice there were some transitions in colonial era yoruba adopting the word "Oba":

1) oni of ife, adesoji aderemi
2) Oni of ife, sir adesoji aderemi
3) oba Oni of ife, adesoji aderemi
4) Oni of ife, oba sir aderemi
5) Oni of ife, oba adesoji aderemi (final form)

And that is how the word "Oba" was adopted by the Oni of ife, not so long ago.

The word remains the title of the emperor of Benin. As a polite and sophisticated person, I pay tribute to those from whom I borrow anything, but it seems the yorubas have an other kind of manners.
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Kagd10: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Logicisfree:
Correction
As an Edo, I am sick and tired of these yoruba who seem to have abandoned their original titles and keep calling themselves with the title of the emperor of Benin: Oba.

See this one?

Na Yoruba get Oba. The first Oba from Ile Ife ruled Bini. Prior to that, Bini king was named Ogiso.

Is Oba a "Bini" word? It's a Yoruba word.

Till now, the king of Bini are buried in Ile Ife. Bini are Yoruba brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kagd10:

See this one?

Na Yoruba get Oba. The first Oba from Ile Ife ruled Bini. Prior to that, Bini king was named Ogiso.

Is Oba a "Bini" word? It's a Yoruba word.

Till now, the king of Bini are buried in Ile Ife. Binin are Yoruba brothers.
1)Scroll up, you will see me showing proof that the word "Oba" is from Benin and was adopted by the yoruba not too long ago.
2) no Oba of Benin has ever been buried in Ife.
3) the first Oba of Benin is not recorded by history, so all claims about him are mere fairytales. So the story of the first Oba of Benin coming from Ife is nothing but a fairytale, it is much more likely that in the period of the first Oba of Benin, there was no ife.
4) It is Benin, not "Bini" nor "Binin"
5) Ife was a small population center until the British started developing it around 1912. The palace of the Oni of Ife was built in the 1930's
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Kagd10: 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2022
Logicisfree:

1)Scroll up, you will see me showing proof that the word "Oba" was adopted by the yoruba not too long ago.
2) no Oba of Benin has ever been buried in Ife.
3) the first Oba of Benin is not recorded by history, so all claims about him are mere fairytales. So the story of the first Ova of Benin coming from Ife is nothing but a fairytale, it is much more likely that in the period of the first Oba of Benin, there was no ife.

The heads of Bini kings are buried in Ile Ife. The first Oba in Bini is a Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife. Bini are related to the Yorubas hence they're Yoruba's brothers.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by loosecanon50(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
After stealing billions of naira meant for weapons purchase. If you want to earn respect in Nigeria, just join politics and steal money anyhow
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kagd10:

The heads of Bini kings are buried in Ile Ife. The first Oba in Bini is a Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife. This came to be because Bini people asked Ile Ife to give them a prince to rule them because they lacked organisation. That was how the Prince came. Bini have always been Yoruba's brothers.

Now this is the second time you are claiming these. This is the last time I will reply you (unless you show that you are not a fool), I don't like to talk to people whom are immune to logic, an other name for such people is "fools".

Since you repeated your unsubstantiated claims, I ask you to prove your claims. Until you bring proof for your claims, they remain a pro-yoruba myth.
When you make a claim, proof should be forwarded instead of repeating the claim again and again, indeed history is not a religion, it relies on proof, not on blind faith.
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Kagd10: 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2022
Logicisfree:

Now this is the second time you are claiming these. This is the last time I will reply you (unless you show that you are not s fool), I don't like to talk to people whom are immune to logic, an other name for such people is "fools".

So you repeated your unsubstantiated claims, I ask you to prove your claims. Until you bring proof for your claims, they remain a proyoruba myth.
When you make a claim, providing proof should be forwarded instead of repeating the claim again and again.

See below.

I repeat the first Oba in Bini is a Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife.

Bini are related to the Yorubas hence they're Yoruba's brothers.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kagd10:

See below.

I repeat the first Oba in Bini is a Yoruba Prince from Ile Ife. This came to be because Bini asked Ile Ife to give them a Prince because they lacked organisation. That was how the Prince came.

Bini are related to the Yorubas hence they're Yoruba's brothers, even before the Prince came.

So your proof is a caption from a newspaper quoting a "prince" ?
Ok, I declare you intellectually inept.
You don't know anything about history.
The claims which you keep repeating are mere stories made up in our era.
I don't know what part of my speech might be too complicated for you, but once again:
1) the first Oba of Benin wasn't recorded by history, therefor nothing about him is known to man kind except that he was the first Oba of Benin.
2) the story about Ife is totally unsubstantiated and Ife was a small settlement until 1912 when the British started developing it.

That was my last reply to you, I believe you are a teenager, so stay in school and develop your brain. This was a free lecture.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Kagd10: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Logicisfree:

So your proof is a caption from a newspaper quoting a "prince" ?
Ok, I declare you intellectually inept.
You don't know anything about history.
The claims which you keep repeating are mere stories made up in our era.
I don't know what part of my speech might be too complicated for you, but once again:
1) the first Oba of Benin wasn't recorded by history, therefor nothing about him is known to man kind except that he was the first Oba of Benin.
2) the story about Ife is totally unsubstantiated and Ife was a small settlement until 1912 when the British started developing it.

That was my last reply to you, I believe you are a teenager, so stay in school and develop your brain. This was a free lecture.

Lmao. I showed you evidence where Bini Prince mentioned it.

Meanwhile, Ife isn't a small settlement. That's Yoruba home. That's where every Yoruba came from, including Bini, their brothers/cousins.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
I didn't call this guy a fool because he is clearly a kid, therefore his brain is not totally developed, therefore there is hope that in his adult years, he may have more intellectual capabilities. If he is an adult however then his case is very serious, since he can't reason better than a child. He clairly doesn't understand logic itself, talkless of ignoring it (what fools do).
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Kagd10: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Logicisfree:
I didn't call this guy a fool because he is clearly a kid, therefore his brain is not totally developed, therefore there is hope that in his adult years, he may have more intellectual capabilities. If he is an adult however then his case is very serious, since he can't reason better than a child. He clairly doesn't understand logic itself, talkless of ignoring it (what fools do).

Bini wannabe who doesn't have fact to back his claim.. I know you're not even Bini sef.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by ElSudani: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Logicisfree:
Notice there were some transitions in colonial era yoruba adopting the word "Oba":

1) oni of ife, adesoji aderemi
2) Oni of ife, sir adesoji aderemi
3) oba Oni of ife, adesoji aderemi
4) Oni of ife, oba sir aderemi
5) Oni of ife, oba adesoji aderemi (final form)

And that is how the word "Oba" was adopted by the Oni of ife, not so long ago.

The word remains the title of the emperor of Benin. As a polite and sophisticated person, I pay tribute to those from whom I borrow anything, but it seems the yorubas have an other kind of manners.

What about the Yoruba Obas in Benin Republic?

1 Like

Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
ElSudani:

What about the Yoruba Obas in Benin Republic?
I believe you mean, "Yoruba monarchs" in Benin Republic. They are greatly influenced by the monarchs in Nigeria and they pretty much copy Nigerian monarchs, they even come and clamour for money from Nigerian monarchs.
Summary: they each have their own specific titles, but they copied the trend born in Nigeria, I think many even copied that weird helmet which was made by the Oni of Ife to copy a certain statue.
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by orisa37: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
Who is OLOWU OF KUTA MAKAMA? IS THAT A FULANI STATE IN YORUBA NATION? OLOWU OBA MIYETTI ALLAH MAKAMA KUTA?
Re: Buratai Bags Yoruba Chieftaincy Title by Kagd10: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Logicisfree:

I believe you mean, "Yoruba monarchs" in Benin Republic. They are greatly influenced by the monarchs in Nigeria and they pretty much copy Nigerian monarchs, they even come and clamour for money from Nigerian monarchs.
Summary: they each have their own specific titles, but they copied the trend born in Nigeria, I think many even copied that weird helmet which was made by the Oni of Ife to copy a certain statue.

Gibberish.

Yorubas are indigenous to Benin Republic, Togo etc. Their chiefs come to Ile Ife (which is Yoruba home) to celebrate every year.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Video That Made Nigerian Youths To Support Him / Picture: Peter Obi Lied Again / Why Has Tinubu Become Deaf, Dumb, Hiding From Nigerians, Is It Part Of Politics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.