Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,350 members, 7,884,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:29 PM

US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning (36705 Views)

UK To Resume Visa Processing In Nigeria On July 28 / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by linearity: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
madridsta007:

As long as "Nigeria" refer to the geograhical spread that includes Northern Nigeria, the home of Boko Haram, Ansaru Islam, Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists, Abdul Mutallab, which it does unless we want to deceive ourselves, Trump and the Americans need to be very worried. If Fareed -bless him- was wholistic enough, he should have talked about these valid threats. And see the opinion and reactions it will generate.

When real and pseudo Southern Nigerian elites talk about "Nigeria", they seem to pretend that the IDP and terrorism bedevilling Northern Nigeria isnt actually Nigeria. That is foolish. That is pretence.

Because of the owambe and parties we throw and host in Lagos, we declare "Nigerians love life". Cruelly hilarious. Go to Yobe State and see Nigerians blowing up themselves and recondition your mind.

Americans and other serious countries are normally proactive than reactive. That is, they attempt to take our and neutralise threats before it happens on their soils. Do not blame the Americans. Blame and look inward and see how you will sort out glaring issues.

All nine hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, if terrorist threats was the motivating factor Saudi would have been number on that list.

When the planes hit the twin towers, Osama’s family were the first to be put on a plane to escape America all coordinated from highest authorities in the US.
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
"CNN is a gossip media station" are you for real? A television network the Trump administration officials still uses to pass information about their foreign policies to the world audience.

A few weeks ago, Fareed interviewed Kushner(Trump's in law) on the new middle east plan from Trump's administration.

So what makes you think the views of the author are not objective when he even took the liberty of backing them up with facts.

The reason Trump gave to ban Nigeria is simply a filmsy excuse.
youve not been watching CNN, stay glued to CNN for a week you’ll understand
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Dayodragon: 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
tartar9:
Nigerian xtians(Igbo especially) are already coming out to attack the presenter for defending them against their lord trump

I hope you saw your fellow zombies protesting in Nigeria on matter that never concerned them after Iran leader was killed? What stupidity is worst than that??

1 Like

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Angelfrost(m): 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
Oh Please... CNN is a mere campaign tool of the Leftist Democrats.

Their job is solely to punch holes and find fault in any and every policy of Donald Trump. If Trump had opened his ugly arms to Nigerians, Mr. Fareed would have taken us to the sword.

That said... Call Trump what you please, immigration must be regulated and curtailed, if for nothing else, for future economic reasons.

If Nigerian leaders had taken this step decades ago, we probably won't be saddled with terrorism and banditry today.

2 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by madridsta007(m): 12:42pm On Feb 20, 2020
linearity:

All nine hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, if terrorist threats was the motivating factor Saudi would have been number on that list.

When the planes hit the twin towers, Osama’s family were the first to be put on a plane to escape America all coordinated from highest authorities in the US.

True.

But this isn’t about Saudi Arabia. Or Iran. Or Turkey.

This is about Nigeria.
It would be good if Nigerians painfully X-ray issues about Nigeria’s internal security that has caused this travel ban instead of pretending it away through diversionary references to other countries.

2 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Iamgrey5(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
kokanepyramid:
youve not been watching CNN, stay glued to CNN for a week you’ll understand
I have been watching CNN for nearly 20 years.

CNN never publish gossips!

They might be left leaning when it comes to America and under report news that paints left in a bad light in America, but they never publish gossips.

2 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by DCmonster: 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
chatinent:
Coming to think of it, why can't Nigerians be here? Establish here, and make Americans come here?
Very foolish statement, devoid of any iota of sense!
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
onecoder:
Stop thinking these people are making a case for Nigeria. They want trump out by all means and they're against his every move.

They don't care.
leave the gullible people that are falling for this gimmick from CNN
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Iamgrey5(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
Angelfrost:
Oh Please... CNN is a mere campaign tool of the Leftist Democrats.

Their job is solely to punch holes and find fault in any and every policy of Donald Trump. If Trump had opened his ugly arms to Nigerians, Mr. Fareed would have taken us to the sword.

That said... Call Trump what you please, immigration must be regulated and curtailed, if for nothing else, for future economic reasons.

If Nigerian leaders had taken this step decades ago, we probably won't be saddled with terrorism and banditry today.
How will the democrats profit from a CNN documentary on Nigeria?

You mean 180 million Nigerians will vote for democrats in November? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by CSTR2: 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
If Nigeria was a country with rational thinking people, shebi they are supposed to take this insult and be enraged enough to vote very differently in 2023, so that in forty years time, their own children will not suffer the same insult.

But na lie. I hear el rufai is warming up.
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Tonnyray: 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
linearity:
.....and 95% of what yours favorite Fox News project about Nigeria is positive?
Try to visit their comment section and see how loving and tolerant they are to you and your country.
Question is why the sudden twist in the narrative painting us like we are suddenly the next best thing after chocolate cookies? Some of us ain't bothered what Fox news, CNN or any media outlet at that has to say about us. It changes nothing.
This Fareed Zakaria documentary is an anti-Trump diatribe and that's all there is to it. End of story.

3 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I have been watching CNN for nearly 20 years.

CNN never publish gossips!

They might be left leaning when it comes to America and under report news that paints left in a bad light in America, but they never publish gossips.
so you’ll agree with me that this particular charade was more of painting Trump in bad light than their actual love for Nigerian immigrants.
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by linearity: 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
Taich:
I don't trust CNN anymore, Amapour and Aisha (before she retired) bashed the former government and suddenly lost their focus on reporting the ills going on in Nigeria. I don't support Trump's action, but CNN sounding so concerned over our situation is turn off for me.
CNN should continue their well known Anti Trump reports and leave us alone to lick our wounds in peace.

CNN is not talking about you.

Not all Nigerians are affected by the ban and I certainly believe that, you are not affected; so your fake outrage is misplaced.

CNN is talking about America citizens of Nigeria descent, these are the people who are affected. These are the US citizens that can’t brings their children, wives, husbands, siblings, parents, etc to live with them in the US because they were unfortunate to share a common heritage with slowspokes like you.

CNN is within their right to advocate for America citizens like they are doing.

3 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by CSTR2: 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
kokanepyramid:
so you’ll agree with me that this particular charade was more of painting Trump in bad light than their actual love for Nigerian immigrants.
There is nothing special about Nigerian immigrants

Apart from emptying Nigeria of brain cells, there is nothing special to them.

You can't count 10 Nigerian diaspora companies that employs thousands in America.

The Indians, Chinese and Koreans contribute more in every sector of the US economy.

So what is special about them?

3 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Angelfrost(m): 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
How will the democrats profit from a CNN documentary on Nigeria?

You mean 180 million Nigerians will vote for democrats in November? cheesy

Boss, that's the irony of the "obsession with Trump"!!!

CNN and Democrats don't give a single fvck about Nigeria or any other African nation for that matter. They are all about taking the opposing view on anything pertaining to Trump!

This what I clearly pointed out at the beginning of my submission... How exactly did you miss that??! tongue
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
Tonnyray:
CNN is antiTrump and that's all there is to it.. flattering as that Fareed Zakaria documentary appeared.
Don't be surprised if Trump should say Nigeria is a lovely country tomorrow, the kinda dirt CNN will dig up on us we'll sell Nigeria to any available buyer. Go through the records, 95% of what CNN projects to the world about us has always been negative. Why the sudden twist in the narrative? The answer lies therein.
Only uninformed people will fall for this nonsense from CNN.

When Trump goes right they go left, when he goes left they go right. It’s their MO.
They were even sympathetic with Soleimani the other day. shameless news media.

4 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Iamgrey5(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
kokanepyramid:
Bro do you know how to read? How did I agree with you?

Are the facts in the report not true ?

Nigerians are actually very successful in America and have never been involved a terrorist attack.

So why ban Nigerians for possibility of terrorism?

2 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Renforce: 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
chatinent:
Coming to think of it, why can't Nigerians be here? Establish here, and make Americans come here?

We no get shame na
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by linearity: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
Tonnyray:
Question is why the sudden twist in the narrative painting us like we are suddenly the next best thing after chocolate cookies? Some of us ain't bothered what Fox news, CNN or any media outlet at that has to say about us. It changes nothing.
This Fareed Zakaria documentary is an anti-Trump diatribe and that's all there is to it. End of story.

It is anti-Trump because it is factual. Any analysis that is based on facts is anti-Trump because the guy is lying machine.

FYI Fareed Zakaria is not advocating for ‘us’; he is advocating for American Citizens of Nigeria descent. You are not affected by the ban, so tune him off and go about your business, the America citizens of Nigerians ethnicity who are affected like his advocacy and they might have been the ones that reached out to him.

4 Likes

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by CSTR2: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Bro do you know how to read? How did I agree with you?

Are the facts in the report not true ?

Nigerians are actually very successful in America and have never been involved a terrorist attack.

So why ban Nigerians for possibility of terrorism?
Saudis are more prone to terrorism but america can never dream of banning them.

Trump is trying to tell you something. You are irrelevant.

Our relevance to them ended with shale discovery.

The Saudis on the other hand were smart enough to buy continuous relevance by spending billions of dollars on American weapons, while your politicians in Nigeria were buying houses in the UK.
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
Donald Trump don't care what your analysis are, he is a man whose decision is based on something else and he will tell you another thing.
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by maingwaest(f): 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
I stan with Trump ,CCN mind ur buisness.
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by asahnwaKC: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
Good one Fareed Zakaria....only you keep reminding me of that spiderman wicked uncle...everytime I watch you on CNN sad
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Iamgrey5(m): 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

Boss, that's the irony of the "obsession with Trump"!!!

CNN and Democrats don't give a single fvck about Nigeria or any other African nation for that matter. They are all about taking the opposing view on anything pertaining to Trump!

This what I clearly pointed out at the beginning of my submission... How exactly did you miss that??! tongue
CNN actually gives a Bleep about Nigeria and were the first foreign news media apart from BBC to have an office and a correspondence in Nigeria

They exposed the modern slave trade that was going on in Libya that really exposed slave trade routes in Nigeria.

CNN was the first news outlet to publish the death of Abacha.

CNN existed before Trump and would continue to exist after Trump.

So will they go stupid over Trump?

1 Like

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by CSTR2: 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2020
During the gulf war, Nigerian relevance was it at its peak.

US needed our oil the way the way fish needs water.

And Nigerian immigrants enjoyed that patronage through the visa lottery scheme.

But that relevance is ended.

Unless Nigeria reinvent itself through industry and reforms, you are all fucckked.

The EU is about to ban you all too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
CNN actually gives a Bleep about Nigeria and were the first foreign news media apart BBC to have an office and a correspondence in Nigeria

They exposed the modern slave trade that was going in Libya that really exposed slave trade routes in Nigeria.

CNN was the first news outlet to publish the death of Abacha.

CNN existed before Trump and would continue to exist after Trump. So will they go stupid over Trump?
Since the takeover from Ted Turner seven years ago by a politician the MO has changed.
Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
Awol1:
My girlfriend doesn't like Trump.

But I like the man.

She asked me why? Is because he's misogynistic and you wanna be like him and take women as shits?

I said na!

I like Trump because he is putting radical Muslims in their place in the world. If that's what he succeeds in doing in his 8 years, I'll be fine with it. I can endure to defer traveling to the States until the ban is lifted by whichever administration.

Before you call me Islamophobic, I want you to know that I'm a Pluralist who believes that "this" can be true while "that" is also true. That Islam is a true religion as much as Christianity is a true religion. With both worshipping a true God.

But what do you do when you have an intolerant neighbor who feels his way is superior to yours. And doesn't just stop at feeling superior but forcefully trying to convert you to his own way against your wish and choice.

Leave these terrorists and they will overrun the world while the UN and other world powers would interested in political correctness.

Ride on Trump.

You got a supporter in me.
I support Trump. He is real. America was almost completely islamised by Obama.

I am NOT a pluralist. I am Christian. Unapologetically, fearlessly Christian. We don't kill for religion. We don't segregate. We won't shut people of other faiths out from jobs, positions of authority or jeopardise their income earning potential or security. We allow others be. And we can't be killed, intimidated or starved away from Christ.
I WANT YOU ALL SAVED AND PREPARED FOR ETERNITY IN HEAVEN: THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
Democrat-affiliated CNN never see anything good in whatever decision president Trump takes; just like many Nigerians of Eastern extraction on NL never see any good in President Buhari's decisions. There is no sense of objectivity retained in analysing the actions of someone you hate. Nigeria must update her database and information sharing systems. When the FRSC, CBN and IRS (all government bodies) cannot coordinate their data with the NIMC; how can the US trust the intel they receive from those same bodies? Ideally, from the NIN number alone, the relevant government body should be able to check up every single detail of your biodata, everything you have ever purchased with your atm to every connection you have made. It makes the world safer; at least for non-criminals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US BAN: Fareed Zakaria Makes Case For Nigeria On GPS Morning by CSTR2: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
Don't forget that it was Obama that removed Nigeria from the visa lottery scheme and failed to visit Nigeria even once.

And he was a democrat.

The ban was always coming whether through red or blue party.

It only came faster though the Reds.

Irrelevance is the problem. Nigeria is not relevant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why? / Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.