Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,742 members, 7,875,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack (20400 Views)

#flood Twitter With Buhari’s Achievements, APC Urges Supporters / CAGG Coord. Olusegun Bamgbose Mocks Goodluck Jonathan Over David Lyon’s Sack / Pastor Chris Okafor Attacks El-Rufai. Gives him seven days to reverse bill. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Validated: 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
The argumentAPC is relying on are very shaky. If you are saying that rlthe Deputy Governorship candidate remained disqualified per High Court judgement, you have thereby upheld the Supreme Court decision because you CANNOT contest governorship without a Deputy.
I was expecting them to argue that the disqualification of the deputy governor was wrong. This case is Dead on Arrival.
ONCE GOVERNORSHIP OR DEPUTY IS DISQUALIFIED, THE JOINT TICKET IS DEAD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dollabiz: 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hmmm
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
I thought the judgement of the Supreme Court is final so how come we are hearing appeal and stuff like that. Is everything in this country alright?
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 9:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

Do you honestly think Zamfara will be reviewed?

Let me start from there before we get to Imo and Bayelsa.

I've not seen the full details of the apc written address
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
kahal29:

Am telling you. He is indirectly telling them that they granted a relief not sought for because the PDP specifically asked for the disqualification Deputy Governorship not Lyon per say.

Hear him again...

[b]
It stated: “By an originating summons dated 12th September, 2019, in Suit NO: PHC/ABJ/CS/ 1101/2019 between Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) & 2 Ors. v. Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo & 3 ors., the respondents approached the Federal High Court for a total of 10 reliefs.

In the judgment of the Federal High Court, per Ekwo J., delivered on 12th November. 2019, the said court granted only 6 (six) of the reliefs.

“In the drawn up order of the Federal High Court duly signed by the trial judge the 6 (six) reliefs granted are clearly encapsulated therein.

“In specific reference to the reliefs for the disqualification of the governorship candidate of the applicant (Lyon Dovid Pereworimin), the trial court refused to grant the plaintiffs’ prayers to disqualify him.

“It was only the Deputy Governorship candidate of the applicant (Biobarakuma Degl-Eremienyo) that the trial High Court made an order of disqualification against.

“There was no cross-appeal to the Court of Appeal against the decision of the trial High Court refusing to make an order disqualifying the governorship candidate of the applicant (Lyon Dovid Pereworimin).[/b]
[b]
“In the judgment of this honourable court delivered on 13th February, 2019 this honourable court set aside the decision of the Court of Appeal and restored the decision of the trial High Court.

In the enrolled order of the judgment of the trial High Court, no disqualification order was mode against the applicant’s candidate (Lyon David Pereworimin), whether consequentially or otherwise.

“After reinstating the judgment of the trial court in the judgment of this honourable court of this 13th February, 2020, in SC.1/2020 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) & 2 Ors. v. Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo & 3 ors., this honourable court proceeded to disqualify the governorship candidate of the applicant (Lyon David Pereworimin) despite the fact that the trial High Court refused to grant the reliefs for his disqualification and there was no appeal against same.

“In this honourable court’s judgment of 13th February, 2020, the court erroneously and inadvertently stated that the trial High Court consequentially disqualified the applicant‘s governorship candidate even though the trial court mode no such order and when the trial court indeed refused to grant the express orders sought by the plaintiffs therein for his disqualification.[/b]

“This honourable court acted without jurisdiction by holding as in (xiii) and (xiv). supra (as contained in the two paragraphs above) and also breached applicant’s right to fair hearing.

“With respect, the portions of the judgment of this honourable court highlighted in the body of this application constitute a nullity.

“With respect, the decision of this honourable court of 13th February, 2020, in SC.1/ 2020 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) & 2 ors. v. Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo & 3 ors., was premised on and vitiated by a fundamental error.
I agree.wole knows what he is doing.i still remember the ruling made by justice inyang ekwo.he specifically disqualified degi and stopped there.he made no further orders and this generated a hot debate on this forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

Hahahahahahaha hahaha...... You always make me laugh..tbh
At the end,am always vindicated
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

At the end,am always vindicated
Do you honestly think that Zamfara will be reviewed?

Imo and Bayelsa had been over-flogged already.
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
Validated:
The argumentAPC is relying on are very shaky. If you are saying that rlthe Deputy Governorship candidate remained disqualified per High Court judgement, you have thereby upheld the Supreme Court decision because you CANNOT contest governorship without a Deputy.
I was expecting them to argue that the disqualification of the deputy governor was wrong. This case is Dead on Arrival.
ONCE GOVERNORSHIP OR DEPUTY IS DISQUALIFIED, THE JOINT TICKET IS DEAD
You have nothing to say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

Do you honestly think that Zamfara will be reviewed?

Imo and Bayelsa had been over-flogged already.
I am concerned with bayelsa not zamfara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

I am concerned with bayelsa not zamfara
Berra.........Because you know that one is dead, but you were praising that old man, Clarke for picking holes.

I believe the CJN presided over that panel. And that case brought before for review and was statute-barred and struck out, but lawyers must chop.

I honestly haven't seen the Imo case. I have proposed to thoroughly read through that judgement on Sat but Bayelsa is clear.

I am not even perturbed sef.....the only thing I know is Bayelsa will cancel the Imo case.
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

Berra.........Because you know that one is dead, but you were praising that old man, Clarke for picking holes.

I believe the CJN presided over that panel. And that case brought before for review and was statute-barred and struck out, but lawyers must chop.

I honestly haven't seen the Imo case. I have proposed to thoroughly read through that judgement on Sat but Bayelsa is clear.

I am not even perturbed sef.....the only thing I know is Bayelsa will cancel the Imo case.
Before the supreme court started handling 2019 guber cases,i clearly pointed out that the lower courts will upheld all the cases so as not to attract criticism from the apex court and that the apex court will remove one or two governors.
The last time the supreme court recapitulated was 1999 and i feel it is time they do that.i believe them also will feel so to make history coupled with rising public pressure.i dont have any evidence to attest to that but am 70% sure it will happen
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
I can spot clear similarities in the imo and bayelsa cases.in both states,lawyers to the losers were lackadaisical and lukewarm in their defense.they simply did not do enough.they failed to realize quickly that the burden of proof swings and shifts from side to side and didnt realize that it shifted to them and failed to rebute the facts laid in court
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

Before the supreme court started handling 2019 guber cases,i clearly pointed out that the lower courts will upheld all the cases so as not to attract criticism from the apex court and that the apex court will remove one or two governors.
The last time the supreme court recapitulated was 1999 and i feel it is time they do that.i believe them also will feel so to make history coupled with rising public pressure.i dont have any evidence to attest to that but am 70% sure it will happen
IMO/Bayelsa which?
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

IMO/Bayelsa which?
Both or just bayelsa.highest pdp will get in imo is a rerun

1 Like

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by contigiency(m): 10:03pm On Feb 20, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:
Medicine after final burial rite and deceased lied to RIP...!!!

Appealing a SC Ruling to the SC is alien to the Constitution of the FRN and against the Rules guiding the Process of Court.

They applied for review and same time appealing the ruling...!!

Your likes will cry soon because this judgement will be reversed in no distant time.

2 Likes

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:
I can spot clear similarities in the imo and bayelsa cases.in both states,lawyers to the losers were lackadaisical and lukewarm in their defense.they simply did not do enough.they failed to realize quickly that the burden of proof swings and shifts from side to side and didnt realize that it shifted to them and failed to rebute the facts laid in court
Best write-up since you joined Nairaland.....
.this sums it all up...hence making the review cases academic.

This statement is an indictment in itself of the review, ab initio. There seemed to be super air of confidence, in Imo and Bayelsa esp after Adah dismissed Inyang Ekwo's ruling. Then why you now choose to reprobate and approbate on the review cases make me wonder.
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

Both or just bayelsa.highest pdp will get in imo is a rerun

Hahahahahahaha.......Let me see his constituted panel for Bayelsa first.

One thing is sure, he heads or Rhodes-Vivour.
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Charly68: 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
The legal firebrands have been drafted in to do the needful....let's see if there can be changes in the decision of the supreme court.
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

Best write-up since you joined Nairaland.....
.this sums it all up...hence making the review cases academic.

This statement is an indictment in itself of the review, ab initio. There seemed to be super air of confidence, in Imo and Bayelsa esp after Adah dismissed Inyang Ekwo's ruling. Then why you now choose to reprobate and approbate on the review cases make me wonder.
You need to stop misunderstanding me.am very simple minded.you at not a good student of history and precedent(no offense intended).when the osun tribunal ruled against apc,i quickly told you that the judgment was shaky and can easily be overturned.you mocked.

If you look the applications for review the apex court dismisses,it is usually unmeritorious and hollow.you sought for a review based on the judgment they made esp if they made a serious mistake which they would not have made under normal circumstances.

Degi might be guilty of forgery,ikpeazu might have rigged but that doesn't mean judgment must be entered without solid cause
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:26pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

Hahahahahahaha.......Let me see his constituted panel for Bayelsa first.

One thing is sure, he heads or Rhodes-Vivour.
The panel means nothing.
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
Charly68:
The legal firebrands have been drafted in to do the needful....let's see if there can be changes in the decision of the supreme court.
Even if he doesn't,i wont blame him afterall he was not the lawyer originally
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

The panel means nothing.
If it means nothing, why do people ask for A or B to recuse themselves?

So Many Odili can head the new panel?
Hahahahahahaha
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

If it means nothing, why do people ask for A or B to recuse themselves?

So Many Odili can head the new panel?
Hahahahahahaha
As far as odili doesn't head the panel,it means nothing
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

You need to stop misunderstanding me.am very simple minded.you at not a good student of history and precedent(no offense intended).when the osun tribunal ruled against apc,i quickly told you that the judgment was shaky and can easily be overturned.you mocked.

If you look the applications for review the apex court dismisses,it is usually unmeritorious and hollow.you sought for a review based on the judgment they made esp if they made a serious mistake which they would not have made under normal circumstances.

Degi might be guilty of forgery,ikpeazu might have rigged but that doesn't mean judgment must be entered without solid cause
Fortunately, I didn't study History and International Studies like you (no pun intended)....Ironically, none of us studied Law. So an unbiased lawyer might also see us Pokemon, you know!?

Even lawyers throw the darts, let alone members of a forum whose loyalties sometimes are overlayed.

I know Wole Olanipekun....he will do his best.
But this case, I don't see a headway....my opinion
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

As far as odili doesn't head the panel,it means nothing
I thought it meant nothing...with or without Odili? grin
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by poiZon: 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
sarrki:
The truth is Lyon was robbed
Was ihedioha robbed too?

1 Like

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
fergie001:

Fortunately, I didn't study History and International Studies like you (no pun intended)....Ironically, none of us studied Law. So an unbiased lawyer might also see us Pokemon, you know!?

Even lawyers throw the darts, let alone members of a forum whose loyalties sometimes are overlayed.

I know Wole Olanipekun....he will do his best.
But this case, I don't see a headway.

The were a lot of speculations in that judgment and in the words of kekere ekun,this is crucial
Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by Dansuqi: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
poiZon:

Was ihedioha robbed too?
I will say no legally but yes politically.

1 Like

Re: APC Urges Supreme Court To Reverse Lyon’s Sack by fergie001: 10:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

The were a lot of speculations in that judgment and in the words of kekere ekun,this is crucial
Well....I have a problem with this set of judges at the SC starting from the CJN down the line (but I will keep that asides).

We will see how it goes from March 02.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foodstuff Dealers Accuse Police Of Extortion On Highways During Lockdown / Falana: Security Agencies Were Informed Of Planned Igangan Killings / PDP Vs APC: Picture Says It All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.