Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,384 members, 7,968,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 04:30 PM

Who Is/was The Most Wasted Footballing Talent In Modern Football (soccer)? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is/was The Most Wasted Footballing Talent In Modern Football (soccer)? (465 Views)

Reims V PSG: Sergio Ramos Receives His 28th Red Card Of His Footballing Career / Who is/was The Most Wasted Footballing Talent In Modern Football (soccer)? / 5 Greatest Insults In Footballing World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is/was The Most Wasted Footballing Talent In Modern Football (soccer)? by narit: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
Mario Balotelli

Imagine you are 20, you have won Golden boy award, CL, Serie A three times, you are the youngest player in Inter Milan who scored in the CL and you had just signed a contract with Manchester City with salary of £125,000 per week. What else do you want for happiness.

I think best story that epitomizes Mario has been told by Mourinho:

“I remember one time when we went to play Kazan in the Champions League. In that match I had all my strikers injured. No Diego Milito, no Samuel Eto’o, I was really in trouble and Mario was the only one.

“Mario got a yellow card in minute 42 or 43, so when I got to the dressing room at half-time I spend about 14 minutes of the 15 speaking only to Mario.

“I said to him: ‘Mario, I cannot change you, I have no strikers on the bench, so don’t touch anybody and play only with the ball. If we lose the ball no reaction. If someone provokes you, no reaction, if the referee makes a mistake, no reaction. Mario - please’.

“Minute 46 – red card!”

Jose Mourinho’s classic story about Mario Balotelli from 2009 is pure gold

And if you will ask what is the reason for such irresponsibility I think you should return to the first sentence.
Re: Who Is/was The Most Wasted Footballing Talent In Modern Football (soccer)? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
IMHO that Freddy Adu dude is the most wasted talent in all football history!
Re: Who Is/was The Most Wasted Footballing Talent In Modern Football (soccer)? by DownChelsea(f): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
Tammy Abraham and Batshuayi
Re: Who Is/was The Most Wasted Footballing Talent In Modern Football (soccer)? by drips8(m): 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Mario Balotelli

Adriano

Jack wilshere

(1) (Reply)

FT Barcelona 5-0 Eibar / Liverpool 3-wins Away From Winning Premier League Title / World Shortest Footballer Almost Arrested....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.