Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:34 PM

Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions (49861 Views)

Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season / Forbes: Messi Becomes Football's Second Billionaire, Tops List Of Earners / Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ryocaj:

U r really an Igbosmoker.. Exceptional season for Ronaldo? Ronaldo hasn't been scoring goals like he does since he left La Liga.. Serie A is a tougher league.. Out of all d leagues Ronaldo played he scored most in LA Liga (More goals than his apps) .. it shows away easy it is 2 score in d La Lisa than other leagues.. Ronaldo was finding it hard 2 score at d beginning of d season. when Messi had 11goals Ronaldo had 5goals.. If Ronaldo was still in d LA Liga he would still be scoring goals for fun..
La liga is easy
Hazard best epl player missing in la liga
La liga is easy
But your unbeaten kings in epl got reset a some days ago
By a very weak atletico struggling to win games in la liga useless overhyper seria A and epl
Same seria a . Granny won highest goal scorer
Same seria a lukaku and immobile are shining
Seria tough my ass
A league that Juventus has turned to water dispenser in their parlour that dispense trophy every year

The Portuguese fraud left when Perez denied him the contract he wanted

undecided
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
joshuaidibia:

I guess you don't follow GOAL on facebook and see how they lick his feet or whenever Barça wins but hardly say shit whenever it's the other way around
He is the GOAT ... Such players don't exist anymore!!!
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by bayelsaowei(m): 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
The inaugural award was won by Zizou in 2006...

Google is your Friend!!!

Check "IFFHS World best playmaker award"!!

What about the latest Laurels best Sportsman award??

Was it created by Messi's fan too?? grin grin
that guy is a statute..a molded block..doesn't reason football ..
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
lomprico:

career goals!
Official career goals!!!
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by bayelsaowei(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
oluwatosink:

Laliga to cheap for Ronaldo and Messi.
Until Messi leaves laliga and stop scoring cheap goals against huesca, eibar, espanyol..
That's when I will accept he is greater than Ronaldo.
laliga too cheap?? Let hazard play na make we see...

Mtsheew
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by bayelsaowei(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
mtinfx:

Yea messi asked fifa to start recording assists in 1994 while washing dishes in spain undecided
grin
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by anigbajumo(m): 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
Willie2015:

Let Messi move to Real Madrid...
And see what he can do....
Messi had the best players in Argentine team..
And yet no result...
Take Messi out of that Barcelona team
He is an average guy...

Average guy that has won more more individual awards in international competition (In Agentina shirt) than ur Ronaldo.... Google is ur friend
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
that guy is a statute..a molded block..doesn't reason football ..
Lolzz grin cheesy
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Convention107: 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
messi sha no fade for champions lge
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by FuckThaMod: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
well for your info messi has won the world best award 6 freaking times..how can you deal with that??
Congrats to him! But he is still not my GOAT and i don't always type ill about him or wish him badluck
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Mateen1000: 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
layzie:

Yes, Google is my friend. He scored 1281 goals according to Google.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pele+goals+in+total&oq=pele+goals&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l3.12215j0j4&client=ms-android-xiaomi-rev2&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Unofficial goals were added
His professional goal is 700+
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by stanliwise(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
ThierryJay:

Zlatan scored 79 penalties across SEVEN leagues bro (Serie A, Dutch Eredivisie, EPL, La Liga, French Lique 1, MLS and Sweden) grin

Just give it a rest bro, I know you wish to boost CR7, but it's not working. smiley Facts are facts.
And how about the goals across three leagues, we shouldn't in look that direction right... **winks***
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Asour: 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
oluwatosink:

Barça and Madrid are the team that have won ucl in the last ten yrs in Spain. They keep buying players from epl(ronaldo,bale,suarez..)and other leagues to strengthen their squad for them to win ucl.

Besides the fact that you didn't answer my question, The Best player ever in the history of la Liga was not "bought" from epl (or any other league for that matter) and even the ones you mentioned as bought from the epl were also "bought" from somewhere else by the epl teams themselves, So?
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 8:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
mtinfx:

La liga is easy
La liga is easy
By a very weak atletico struggling to win games in la liga useless overhyper seria A and epl
Seria tough my ass
A league that Juventus has turned to water dispenser in their parlour that dispense trophy every year

undecided

Atalanta 4 Valencia 0
Wolves 4 Espanol abi Getaway 0
Liverpool 4 barca 0
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by PopeFlatino(m): 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2020
cheesy the worst part be say na because of the golden boots he run for Italy because Messi dominated every stats
Expert17:

Hazard dat dere were comparing with Messi and Neymar den grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cr7,. Mr challenge can't win Highest Goal scorer in Italy.... 2 seasons gone now grin grin grin
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
Jokerman:

Atalanta 4 Valencia 0
Wolves 4 Espanol abi Getaway 0
Liverpool 4 barca 0

Lol
I can see your selecting results that suit you
Good how you skipped the first leg of barca match and how European trophies have basically been Spanish league extensions in the last ten years
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by ThierryJay: 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
stanliwise:
And how about the goals across three leagues, we shouldn't in look that direction right... **winks***

Bro despite everything I've said about Ronaldo's penalty prowess, I won't deny that he's a great goalscorer, in fact one of the greatest goalscorers in the game's history. He's in the class of Gerd Muller, Romario, Di Stefano in this regard. No one can take that away from him. My point is he offers little else other than that. And that's where the likes of Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo da Lima, Pele, Zidane and Cryuff trumps him.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
ThierryJay:

Bro despite everything I've said about Ronaldo's penalty prowess, I won't deny that he's a great goalscorer, in fact one of the greatest goalscorers in the game's history. He's in the class of Gerd Muller, Romario, Di Stefano in this regard. No one can take that away from him. My point is he offers little else other than that. And that's where the likes of Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo da Lima, Pele, Zidane and Cryuff trumps him.

You are just a hater

Putting cryuff over Ronaldo??

Ronaldo Del Lima over cr7?

Is there anything those players can do that Ronaldo cant??

Please state them here
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by ThierryJay: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
bayelsaowei:
you said it all...I am shocked at how the standards for measuring good football just got boxed up in goal scoring alone...

Messi gives you what your soccer is...I remember when football was a show of brilliance, dribbling, spectacular assists and to add to it goal scoring..how many goals did zidane score or even ronaldinho??. But we always looked forward when they have to play a match..

Recent football watchers have all gone mad with just goal scoring..

Messi is all football can ever be...even his last goal against eiber tells you he is special..

Yeah you are so right, I really don't understand at what point the standard changed. Imagine Messi having 3 assists and pulling all the strings in a single game and peeps were saying he's out of form. How??

I remember Zidane against Brazil in 2006 WC. He was mesmerizing the entire Brazilian team with outrageous skills. He didn't score, but assisted the only goal of the game. He was awarded the World Cup's golden ball on the strength of that performance and would have won the world player of the year if not for the headbutt incident. Can you now imagine a CR7 fan's comment that assists and how the game is played don't matter in football? That's why I regard them as ignoramuses in football matters.

Even Ronaldinho's performance against AC Milan at San Siro in 2005 UCL semifinal. He didn't score, but we all remember his infamous leg over that sent Gattuso to the cleaners, his mesmerizing assist for Ludovic Guily. And he was rewarded for that. If it was Messi, I bet they'll say he had an average game lol.

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Timoleon(m): 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2591779.html
kingkakaone:

I believe Messi is unfairly judged most times.
His goal ratio is too much to compare with anyone in football at the moment.

He's a complete football player. From scoring goals to assisting goals to controlling games, etc.

Ronaldo is a beast in front of goal but Messi is dangerous everywhere on the pitch. He can score or create chances for anyone.

Messi is not too into show biz if not the internet would have been destroyed like if Ronaldo does some things.

Finally, Messi has more coaches and players who believe he's more than anyone in this era, only non fans make too many noises against him.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by ThierryJay: 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
Jokerman:

You are just a hater

Putting cryuff over Ronaldo??

Ronaldo Del Lima over cr7?

Is there anything those players can do that Ronaldo cant??

Please state them here

Lol, as if you are lover of Messi.

Yes. These players can actually terrorize opposition all game long consistently. They have all won the World'cup's best player which demonstrates their overall influence throughout the tournament and not just goalscoring.

And don't u ever insult Ronaldo da lima, by mentioning CR7 in the same breath as him. Imagine the effrontery. Have you ever watched Da Lima play? Even it's not easy for me to say Messi is head and shoulders better than him.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
ThierryJay:

Lol, as if you are lover of Messi.

Yes. These players can actually terrorize opposition all game long consistently. They have all won the World'cup's best player which demonstrates their overall influence throughout the tournament and not just goalscoring.

And don't u ever insult Ronaldo da lima, by mentioning CR7 in the same breath as him. Imagine the effrontery. Have you ever watched Da Lima play? Even it's not easy for me to say Messi is head and shoulders better than him.

What has De Lima done in football that Cristiano hasn't done... Please no sentimental garbage just facts...

And why are you placing messi over Delima?
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by maxwell530(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
mtinfx:

La liga is easy
La liga is easy
Seria tough my ass

undecided
lol....bro don't forget the serie A record of most goals in a season was broken by Gonzalo Higuain (an average striker in lal liga and was supplus to requirements in Madrid)

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by jayson87: 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
maxwell530:
lol....bro don't forget the serie A record of most goals in a season was broken by Gonzalo Higuain (an average striker in lal liga and was supplus to requirements in Madrid)

Name any striker better than Higuain in laliga as of present??
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by stanliwise(m): 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
ThierryJay:

Aside pele and messi and maybe Ronaldinho.
None is worthy, in those list to be compared.
You can't mention three players in football history and Ronaldo ain't there.
Messi isn't C Ronaldo so as C Ronaldo isn't messi.
They achieved success quite uniquely.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by maxwell530(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Jokerman:

Name any striker better than Higuain in laliga as of present??
as of present?
Are you kidding me?
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Ryocaj(m): 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
mtinfx:

La liga is easy
La liga is easy
Seria tough my ass

undecided
That Liverpool destroyed d best team in Spain (Barcelona) last season.. Liverpool lost 2 a struggling Napoli too.. D league is different.. in d EPL Wen u r on top u r virtually unstoppable.. City did it for 2 seasons, Chelsea did it, Leicester did it..
Hazard had just one prolific season in Chelsea.. he was Chelsea's best player for art 3 seasons.. not epl best
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Ryocaj(m): 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
gibzzhd:

and Messi still outscore him in la liga.Hiw many girls did Ronaldo score in his last season in La Liga?
seria A is difficult to score and a 36 grand parents out score Ronaldo last season.The hishest goal scorer in Europe now is in seria.Difficult my ass
Ronaldo has d best Goals ratio in LA Liga history.. D first player to reach 200, 250 n 300 goals in fewer games in LA Liga.. Messi played 38 more games than Rona OK do in Ronaldo's 9yrs in Spain n he scored just at 14goals more.. Ronaldo left Spain n Messi is still breaking Ronaldo's records.. Going by goals ratio If Ronaldo had played d same number of years as Messi in LA liga he would avoid scored almost twice d goals Messi scored.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Ryocaj(m): 10:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
Unofficial goals are unofficial!! There is nothing you can do about it!!!

Chitalu??

Where was his record when Gerd Muller was holding that record for close to 40years!!!

How come Chitalu was not the holder of that record before Messi happened??

Someone like you will say Okocha is the African GOAT, with this your mindset!!!
Same way he was cheated..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' / 15-Year-Old Ethan Nwaneri Becomes Youngest Premier League Player In History / Chelsea Players Salaries 2017-2018 (Player Contracts Revealed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.