Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,392 members, 7,881,430 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions (49860 Views)

Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season / Forbes: Messi Becomes Football's Second Billionaire, Tops List Of Earners / Wayne Rooney: "Lionel Messi Is The Best Player Ever" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 23, 2020
Jokerman:

Name any striker better than Higuain in laliga as of present??
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Benzema will destroy Higuain!!!!

Benzema only is enough!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ryocaj:

Ronaldo has d best Goals ratio in LA Liga history.. D first player to reach 200, 250 n 300 goals in fewer games in LA Liga.. Messi played 38 more games than Rona OK do in Ronaldo's 9yrs in Spain n he scored just at 14goals more.. Ronaldo left Spain n Messi is still breaking Ronaldo's records.. Going by goals ratio If Ronaldo had played d same number of years as Messi in LA liga he would avoid scored almost twice d goals Messi scored.
Cristiano joined the club at his peak!!!!

Throughout the same period with Messi in La liga, Messi scored more...
Messi: 472
Cristiano: 450!!!!

Cristiano get angry if his teammates score, Cristiano play all penalties, Cristiano demand that he must get the ball all the time or he get angry!!!

Messi will give penalties to other players.,. Assist and even drop deep sometimes!!!

Still Messi score more goals than him!!!

If you want to talks about goal ratio, Messi has more career goal ratio than Cristiano

Cristiano: 725goals in 1000games. (0.725 ratio)

Messi: 696 goals in 843games (0.829 ratio)

The difference is clear!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ryocaj:

Same way he was cheated..
Nobody cheat anybody!!!
Of he had a case, he was supposed to file it over those 40 years when Gerd Muller was holding the record officially!!!

You guys bring all those stat up because Messi overtook Gerd Muller!!!

Anything to malign Messi!!
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by tunize(m): 10:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
jayson87:

hELP YOURSELF

https://www.givemesport.com/1549205-lionel-messi-breaks-cristiano-ronaldos-alltime-club-hattrick-total
And although today’s treble saw him surpass Ronaldo in the club hat-trick standings, Messi’s still just behind him in career hat-tricks across all competitions – 54 to 56. Ur link wen u give me abi u nor read am well
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
maxwell530:
as of present?
Are you kidding me?
Yes mention from laliga presently grin
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 10:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Benzema will destroy Higuain!!!!

Benzema only is enough!!!

Name any golden boot Benzema has won
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 11:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:

Cristiano get angry if his teammates score, Cristiano play all penalties, Cristiano demand that he must get the ball all the time or he get angry!!!

Messi will give penalties to other players.,. Assist and even drop deep sometimes!!!

If you want to talks about goal ratio, Messi has more career goal ratio than Cristiano

Goal ratio in laliga games 2008-2017 nko?

WHOEVER IFFHS already awarded Ronaldo best scorer in the world anyways same organization that gave messi best playmaker
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Jokerman:

Goal ratio in laliga games 2008-2017 nko?

WHOEVER IFFHS already awarded Ronaldo best scorer in the world anyways same organization that gave messi best playmaker

Messi is the only player in the history to win best scorer, best playmaker and best player award category in IFFHS!!!

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:

Messi is the only player in the history to win best scorer, best playmaker and best player award category in IFFHS!!!

Shut it... There's no best player aware in IFFHS
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
Jokerman:

Shut it... There's no best player aware in IFFHS
grin grin grin
He is the only player in history to win it in 3 different categories . Lolzz

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Jokerman(m): 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
eni4real:
grin grin grin
He is the only player in history to win it in 3 different categories . Lolzz

Yes i acceot that.... So whyadding best player award to it??

Ronald has won it in 2 categories

Although these awards are of utter insignificance anyway
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
Jokerman:

Yes i acceot that.... So whyadding best player award to it??

Ronald has won it in 2 categories

Although these awards are of utter insignificance anyway
I remembered that he was the only one that won it in 3 different categories... I thought I would recall the 3rd category!!!

But I have given you the screenshot!!!

10 awards.. An all time record!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Aaronzy: 12:13am On Feb 24, 2020
But a 37 year old quagralleira outshined ur Ronaldo to win seria A highest goal scorer last season
Elxandre:

You people talk a lot of nonsense.
No one is saying Ronaldo is having a special season except in your dream.

Ronaldo at his peak vs Messi at his peak was when the rivalry made sense.
Both decided matches single handedly then.
Ronaldo has since lost his athleticism and pace which made him the second best dribbler in the world.

Comparing a 35 year Olds season, playing in a new league to a 32 year old playing in a much better Barca side just shows how desperate you Messi Fans can be.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Chronicgenius: 12:41am On Feb 24, 2020
HitSong:
Please, do I look like your mother?
Lol,won't trade words.
For all I know,you might even still be in secondary school.
Run along bro.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Ryocaj(m): 1:05am On Feb 24, 2020
eni4real:
Nobody cheat anybody!!!
Of he had a case, he was supposed to file it over those 40 years when Gerd Muller was holding the record officially!!!

You guys bring all those stat up because Messi overtook Gerd Muller!!!

Anything to malign Messi!!
Zambian FA did d same thing.. they were snubbed even after presenting evidences.. Just like they focus on Europe Wen giving World Best n shun others
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by ThierryJay: 1:31am On Feb 24, 2020
Jokerman:

What has De Lima done in football that Cristiano hasn't done... Please no sentimental garbage just facts...

And why are you placing messi over Delima?

Can't you read. I said the Phenomenon has won the World Cup golden ball and the silver ball in 1998 and 2002 respectively. He also got the best player at the Copa America 1997, which are all testament to his individual greatness. Cristiano has never won any of these including the European version of the Copa. That's the hallmark of individual greatness and these are facts.

That being said. Cristiano does not hold a candle to De lima in terms of ability to do magic with the ball on the field of play. If you call that sentimental garbage, then I'm afraid you know nothing about football. Several top football personalities, including Jose Mourinho, Cristiano's compatriot have made the comparison and attested to this fact.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Ryocaj(m): 1:39am On Feb 24, 2020
eni4real:

LA Liga 2009-2018

Messi 342 Games, 329 Goals
Ronaldo 292 Games, 311 Goals

Do the maths.. Ronaldo scored more goals by number of games played..

Benzema n Bale too reached over 100 goals in that period too.. So Ronaldo was not d only one scoring..
Xavi made it known that Messi sulks n gets angry if his teammates don't pass d ball to him.. but his quiet nature makes him look like a saint.. Barca's recent decline has made him more verbal n violent proving Xavi right with his onfield outbursts..

Ronaldo has done it all over d leagues.. he bettered Messi in scoring goals in LA Liga.. with d best goals ratio in LA Liga history.. he would avoid scored almost twice d goals Messi scored if he played d same number of years..
Ronaldo only scored more goals than the number of games he played in Spain.. He had his best goals tally in Spain.. he had his insane goals ratio in Spain.. he scored more frequently than he did in other leagues in Spain.. that shows it is easier to score in Spain.. That gives Messi away.. Messi knows that n that's y he doesn't wanna leave Spain.. d only place he has played asides Spain is Argentina n he didn't replicate d Barça heroics.. He was frustrated n had 2 retire.. He wasn't on d same level as Wen in Barça. that says a lot..
Ronaldo is the G. O. A. T
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 24, 2020
Ryocaj:

LA Liga 2009-2018

Messi 342 Games, 329 Goals
Ronaldo 292 Games, 311 Goals

Do the maths.. Ronaldo scored more goals by number of games played..

Benzema n Bale too reached over 100 goals in that period too.. So Ronaldo was not d only one scoring..
Xavi made it known that Messi sulks n gets angry if his teammates don't pass d ball to him.. but his quiet nature makes him look like a saint.. Barca's recent decline has made him more verbal n violent proving Xavi right with his onfield outbursts..

Ronaldo has done it all over d leagues.. he bettered Messi in scoring goals in LA Liga.. with d best goals ratio in LA Liga history.. he would avoid scored almost twice d goals Messi scored if he played d same number of years..
Ronaldo only scored more goals than the number of games he played in Spain.. He had his best goals tally in Spain.. he had his insane goals ratio in Spain.. he scored more frequently than he did in other leagues in Spain.. that shows it is easier to score in Spain.. That gives Messi away.. Messi knows that n that's y he doesn't wanna leave Spain.. d only place he has played asides Spain is Argentina n he didn't replicate d Barça heroics.. He was frustrated n had 2 retire.. He wasn't on d same level as Wen in Barça. that says a lot..
Ronaldo is the G. O. A. T
By number of games played??
Okay!! What about Assists?? I am sure that determine quality of their offensive play too!!!

Messi beats him hands down!!! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 24, 2020
Ryocaj:

Zambian FA did d same thing.. they were snubbed even after presenting evidences.. Just like they focus on Europe Wen giving World Best n shun others
Chitalu is his village GOAT then!!!
He is the Zambian Pele and Arthur Friedrich!!!

I heard that Josef Bican had 5000 unofficial career goals!!!

Who knows, may he had a 500 calendar year goals too grin cheesy grin

But the recognized World recognized holder of most official goals scored in a calendar year is Lionel Messi, 91 goals!!!!

It is hard to achieve.... Even the self acclaimed goal Machine could only score 69 !!!

Leo's stat of 91 goals, 22 Assists is the real record!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by HitSong: 4:28am On Feb 24, 2020
Chronicgenius:

Lol,won't trade words.

For all I know,you might even still be in secondary school.

Run along bro.

That's brah
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by gibzzhd: 7:13am On Feb 24, 2020
Ryocaj:

Ronaldo has d best Goals ratio in LA Liga history.. D first player to reach 200, 250 n 300 goals in fewer games in LA Liga.. Messi played 38 more games than Rona OK do in Ronaldo's 9yrs in Spain n he scored just at 14goals more.. Ronaldo left Spain n Messi is still breaking Ronaldo's records.. Going by goals ratio If Ronaldo had played d same number of years as Messi in LA liga he would avoid scored almost twice d goals Messi scored.

Hahahaha u see them
Messi has the best career goal to game ratio so dear friend Messi is a better goal scorer than your Penaldo.Deal wit it

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by gibzzhd: 7:15am On Feb 24, 2020
Ryocaj:

For the number of times both were in La liga( that 9 year period) Messi had more league goals than Ronaldo.Many Ronaldo fans don know this

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by joshuaidibia(m): 8:03am On Feb 24, 2020
eni4real:
He is the GOAT ... Such players don't exist anymore!!!

I strive for greatness, for good results, that's why Ronaldo is my role model. Dude's work ethics is legit.. Yes Messi is good no doubt. But at some point in your life, when you need inspiration, bro Messi can't give you that. Both are exceptionally great, but I love Ronaldo cause he adds value to my life, he made a big impact to me.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Dayodragon: 8:24am On Feb 24, 2020
ThierryJay:
See performance. Pls wake me up when CR7 achieve this kind of performance in a single match. Just look at the sheer quality of the goals, something penaldo can never match. All his hattricks, na penalty and tap-ins. Nothing ingenious like Messi's output.

Messi has always been more than just goals. I have always said this. The goals are just the icing on the cake. It's the play, the dribble, that feint, the mesmerizing sprint, the subtle pass, nutmeg, the slalom, the precision, unparalleled vision, name it! That's what we are talking about. That's what we got with breathtaking Ronaldinho even though Eto'o was scoring more goals; with Zidane even though Raul was scoring more goals. That's pure football artistry which sadly is what CR7 fans can never understand.

The above notwithstanding, please note this below:

Spain is full of feeder teams.. if not, tell me A PLAYER with this stats in SPAINISH football history.

451 goals in 438 games
288 games with 34 hattricks
THAT'S THE record Messi will never see in Spain and Ronaldo went to Spain as a visitor and achieved that.. so shut up...
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Dayodragon: 8:25am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:
This says it all, Penaldo is a joke.

Same pk kept Messi trophyless in Argentina
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Dayodragon: 8:29am On Feb 24, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Messi bad season

23 goals (2pks), 16 assists in 28 matches.

Ronaldo exceptional season

25 goals,(7 pks), 2 assists in 30 matches

Shut up.

why dont your Messi change club then we see what's he's made off?

Playing against same feeder teams week in week out, no new challenge..

D only challenged he face in Argentina gave him early retirement.

Mind You, that's Ronaldo record in a new club and in another country and at 35..
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by gibzzhd: 8:36am On Feb 24, 2020
joshuaidibia:

I strive for greatness, for good results, that's why Ronaldo is my role model. Dude's work ethics is legit.. Yes Messi is good no doubt. But at some point in your life, when you need inspiration, bro Messi can't give you that. Both are exceptionally great, but I love Ronaldo cause he adds value to my life, he made a big impact to me.
This one of the deception about Messi and Ronaldo comparison.If Messi is not hard working his talent would have long been forgotten and if Ronaldo is not naturally gifted the simple things he does which others do wouldn't bring such results.They are both talented and hard working,just that Messi is better in both.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by gibzzhd: 8:38am On Feb 24, 2020
Dayodragon:

Spain is full of feeder teams.. if not, tell me A PLAYER with this stats in SPAINISH football history.

451 goals in 438 games
288 games with 34 hattricks
THAT'S THE record Messi will never see in Spain and Ronaldo went to Spain as a visitor and achieved that.. so shut up...

And with all those records, hattricks and goals Messi was winning the golden boot.GET SENSE

1 Like

Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Dayodragon: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2020
festus2001:
Greatest player ever

Greatest player ever that's not even 2nd in his country Argentina.. Recieve sense.

or maybe Pele, Maradona, CR7 plays gulf
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by gibzzhd: 8:41am On Feb 24, 2020
Dayodragon:

Shut up.

why dont your Messi change club then we see what's he's made off?

Playing against same feeder teams week in week out, no new challenge..

D only challenged he face in Argentina gave him early retirement.

Mind You, that's Ronaldo record in a new club and in another country and at 35..

Is there any rule that says CHANGE CLUB or is Ronaldo and his fans now FIFA.
This Ronaldo fans tire person.They have lost their sense of judgment becos of a Dick sucker
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by Dayodragon: 8:43am On Feb 24, 2020
gibzzhd:

And with all those records, hattricks and goals Messi was winning the golden boot.GET SENSE

Which other team in Spain has won UEFA championsleague if not Madrid and Barca??That's why EPL Is the most competitive league in football history and they have produced 5 teams with diff UCL titles.. unlike Spain..so shut up.
Re: Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions by gibzzhd: 8:44am On Feb 24, 2020
Dayodragon:

Greatest player ever that's not even 2nd in his country Argentina.. Recieve sense.

or maybe Pele, Maradona, CR7 plays gulf

Who is Argentina highest goal scorer and assist maker.world cup is a team effort.when it comes to individual brilliance no other sit in Messi seat.He is Pele/Ronaldo(goals) and maradona/zidane(Assist/creativity) COMBINED

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' / 15-Year-Old Ethan Nwaneri Becomes Youngest Premier League Player In History / Chelsea Players Salaries 2017-2018 (Player Contracts Revealed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.