Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,793 members, 7,927,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard (1271 Views)

Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? / Japan Display Bets On Dashboard Flash For Drivers / Autel OBD Scanner: Check that check engine light NOW! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard by destiny10: 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
I just scanned it and I got 3 errors out of which 2 were wiped out but the P0340 refused to go and the check engine light is still on. The automec guy told me the remaining one will need to be access thoroughly and is not computer work. Anyone with idea?

Re: My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard by PapaZeus(m): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
you should have specified the type of people to comment cos na those trekkers wey nor knw 2 types of tyre go full here nw

3 Likes

Re: My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2020
Change your wind shield wipers
Re: My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard by Aadeyinka(m): 5:56pm On Feb 24, 2020
PapaZeus:
you should have specified the type of people to comment cos na those trekkers wey nor knw 2 types of tyre go full here nw
if the car is Toyota Camry then no problem,try check others ,always show on board and caused no issue
Re: My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard by destiny10: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Aadeyinka:
if the car is Toyota Camry then no problem,try check others ,always show on board and caused no issue
The car is toyota camry 2002 droplight
Re: My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard by TRYGO(m): 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
The p340 code would never go, no matter how you erased the code. You got to solved the root cause before it can clear.

Its something to do with your car's camshaft signals. It could be that the signal wire, that's the muddle one on the sensor has an open or short circuit problem, thereby causing the ECU not to know exactly the position of the pistons in the cylinders, in order to properly controlled the timing, injection pulses, etc. Its line saying the ECU isn't seeing the right data it needs to see from the camshaft sensor..

Another likely cause could be that the signal plate attached to the camshaft itself on the camshafts, are broken.

Lastly, the sensor may have failed.

Do a visual check on the sensor. Check to see if wires have being chamfered, before replacing.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,
Joseph
Re: My Car Is Displaying Check Engine Light On Dashboard by badoh(m): 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oga, disconnect the battery head partly and start the car. If the car fails to start, now connect the battery head properly and start again. This time, the car will start and the code will go. This is just a layman approach. But note that after some time, the check engine light will appear again. It could be up to 2weeks before the check engine light appear again.

(1) (Reply)

Volvo Or Benz / Pastor Gifts Ooni Of Ife Brand New Bentley, Jet To Follow / Low Fuel On Ford Edge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.