Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,619 members, 7,888,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:38 PM

First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria (829 Views)

Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ / Confirmed Case Of Monkeypox In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 1:23am On Feb 28, 2020
The Honourable Minister of Health has announced a confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19) case in Lagos State

The case, which was confirmed on the 27th of February 2020, is the first case to be reported in Nigeria since the beginning of the outbreak in China in January 2020

The patient is clinically stable and is being managed at the Infectious Disease Hospital Yaba

We assure all Nigerians that measures are in place to respond appropriately. We’re working with @LSMOH to identify contacts & initiate response accordingly

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1233175138549587968?s=19

1 Like

Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by sweetrie(f): 1:28am On Feb 28, 2020
Lagos. It is well.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 1:32am On Feb 28, 2020
It was inevitable, but still disheartening. The worst possible state to harbour this disease.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by legallyCJ(m): 1:33am On Feb 28, 2020
It has started. God help us.

Everyone please protect yourself, the government doesn't care about the masses.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by adaksbullet: 1:42am On Feb 28, 2020
shocked
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by Visman(m): 1:48am On Feb 28, 2020
God airpus.
I just saw the news on CNN on Your World Today by Cyril Vanier cry
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 1:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Apparently, the case is an Italian citizen who works in Nigeria and returned from Milan, Italy to Lagos, Nigeria on the 25th of February 2020.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by mascot87(m): 2:01am On Feb 28, 2020
Instead make them kill the guy immediately so that he will not spread it angry
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 2:03am On Feb 28, 2020
mascot87:

Let's hope you're joking, mate.

1 Like

Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by cassyrooy(m): 2:15am On Feb 28, 2020
I'm very hyper right now. I stay close to Lagos, away from my family.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by Symorne(m): 2:19am On Feb 28, 2020
Its about to go down the.....
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 2:23am On Feb 28, 2020
I mean, it's not the end of the world. We've got other countries that have had the virus now for weeks and still haven't recorded any fatalities yet, even though you can't compare their health facilities with ours.

Just ensure you follow the instructions from health bodies like the NCDC, WHO etc about how to keep yourself safe. Avoid unnecessary physical contact and always wash your hands as often as possible.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by DaGC(m): 3:21am On Feb 28, 2020
I know many of us were hoping never to hear this news, but it was kinda inevitable.

Like poster above said, let's follow guidelines by health bodies and hopefully, there would be no fatality. It has a low fatality rate but high rate of infection.

Nigerians can get through anything. It's in our DNA. Otherwise this country for no reach 60years.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by Izanghi(m): 3:26am On Feb 28, 2020
The man has been in Nigeria, since 25th of this month, and was tested 2 days later, only God knows how many people he has made contact with and those that made contact with those that made contact with him. The list would be endless with our overpopulated environment like the brt, church, mosque,etc.
I believe our government is to be blame for any death of his citizens because of the poor screening exercise in our international airport. Common sense should have told them that citizens from china, italy, iran, south korean,(or better still any country with the case of it) should be quarantine for some while before releasing them to the public but foreigners are first class citizens and nigerians are second class citizens and so must not be subjected at first to this.
God help us, the best for now is to wear mask or better still stay indoors if you don't have anything serious doing and I hope our government don't politicize this by downplaying numbers to look good because that was the main cause of the outbreak in china.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by fatymore(f): 3:44am On Feb 28, 2020
Omo I am scared oooo...

God help us...

The world is coming to an end
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 3:46am On Feb 28, 2020
fatymore:
Omo I am scared oooo...

God help us...

The world is coming to an end

I can assure you that the world has suffered worse pandemics of epic proportions but still didn't end. grin
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by fatymore(f): 3:48am On Feb 28, 2020
IntroVAT:

I can assure you that the world has suffered worse pandemics of epic proportions but still didn't end. grin

Omo I am running back to my village but e be like say I no get
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 3:52am On Feb 28, 2020
Also, if you don't follow the NCDC on twitter, now would be a good time to. @NCDCgov

Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by Jack500: 4:12am On Feb 28, 2020
God help us.
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 4:21am On Feb 28, 2020
mascot87:

Supported!
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 4:24am On Feb 28, 2020
IntroVAT:

Let's hope you're joking, mate.

He may be joking but I'm not.

They should have shot the white guy on sight
Re: First CONFIRMED Case Of Coronavirus In Lagos, Nigeria by IntroVAT: 4:26am On Feb 28, 2020
One person to definitely NOT follow regarding updates about Covid-19 is Dr Kemi Olunloyo. She is alarmist. If you read her tweets you would think the Coronavirus is already in your household! �

She claims the NCDC is hiding the true amount of people infected, and that she was the first person to break the story but no one paid her any mind.

If you're sha curious you can take a look at her tweets. @KemiOlunloyo

(1) (Reply)

Wellwoman Or Centrum / Why Experts Worry Over Consumption Of Noodles, Seasoning Cubes / Infertility ,how They concieved and had There Babies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.