Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,826 members, 7,938,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Child Out Of Wedlock - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Child Out Of Wedlock (3408 Views)

T / What Would You Do If You found Out Your Spouse Had A Child Out Of Wedlock? / Cohabitating Out of Wedlock: A Blessing Or Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Child Out Of Wedlock by Ranoscky(m): 5:26am On Dec 21, 2010
^

God bless you my broda, exactly my point!
Re: Child Out Of Wedlock by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 21, 2010
Ranoscky:

Havin a child out of wedluck does not neccessarily mean that the child born of wedluck parents would be more discipline and berra than the other. It wasn't meant to be that way but ish happens, you know (unwanted pregnancy)? So, he or she will also be takin care of by the 'out of wedluck' parents, same way as the child born of wedluck parents will also be takin care of by his or her wedluck parents. It's just that in the Nigerian tradition, it's not good to have a baby out of wedluck, and that is what we all are tryin to stick with!

But stil, how many couples in Nigeria today get married before havin children? undecided

Wey almost all our 9ja gals don get 1 pikin each for village, den l8r dem go dey form virgin/fine gals for city, RUBBISH!

GL:

it's not advisable to do it deliberately, but if it happens accidentally it's not the end of the world.

i don't agree that children raised by single parents fare worse academically or morally. it's children who don't have enough attention/supervision that fare worse.

BigPhil:

The Level of ignorance here is shocking.So because a child is born outside wedlock means the child is less human to kids with married parents.What
sort of nonsense drivel is this.

What any child needs is a loving environment and quality upbringing.whether had in or out of wedlock.

and i thought i was the only one thinking like y´all. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Child Out Of Wedlock by SAGoddess: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2010
Single parenthood is not the end of the world as many would like to believe, every child needs love and guidance, just because the parents are not married does not mean the child is an automatic failure. . . . . as long as both parents play their role in the child's life, that child will be just as balanced as one raised by married parents. 

One or two people I know residing in SA have got wives and children back in Nigeria but they live here, surely the absent father is not taking an active role in the child's life and the mother is left to do it all, how is that different from single parenthood!!!

Marriage does not equate ever-lasting happiness and well-mannered children with distinctions at school!
Re: Child Out Of Wedlock by MissyB3(f): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
coded777:

Just but 2 opposition sofar, @ Missy b and Osama10 you guys didn't backup your stance.
That's because I didn't see the need to, sorry.

coded777:

This is a situation of LOVE, a party involved in the relationship needs to protect his/her love for the other for some reason like distance? or he may be planning on a 'not returning so soon' journey. Are these reasons enough to get her pregnant out of wedlock and what if they did not eventualy get married in the long run
It's not a wise thing to blackmail people into being/sticking with you. Worse still, if the object of blackmail is pregnancy. A child.
People play rough and some situations that could lead to having a child of wedlock are out of control, I understand but, I'm saying, deliberately having a child outta wedlock [especially for selfish reasons; Eg - the instance you cited] is pure nonsense, if you're aren't anti-marriage and simply wrong, if you're a christian. This is my opinion.
Re: Child Out Of Wedlock by coded777: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2010
cool
Re: Child Out Of Wedlock by coded777: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2010
Ya'll made ur points though with some controversies, thanks for contributing.Will appreciate more responses if any
i may agree that 'deliberately' yielding into an attempt to give birth to a child outa wedlock is wrong, i still reserve my doubts though

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 Ways To Woooo Any Female: Fat Or Slim / Things Guys Do That Turns Me Off. / This Is What We Guy's Wants .. Ladies Pls(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.