Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,399 members, 7,881,447 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:50 PM

Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC (38774 Views)

Cherubim And Seraphim Church Warns Buhari Govt Against ‘arrest Of Peter Obi’ / Governor Diri's Reaction When Nengi Visited Him Vs When Trikytee Visited / Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by ajebuter(f): 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
yarimo:
Mteeeww undecided undecided

Yarimo Amaka!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by petitejolie(f): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Amitez:
God really protected South South from the APC and their RUGA.
i tell you. As long as someone like buhari is the head of the party, they will b asslicking him and everything in his agenda is fulani empowerment at d detriment of others. If not the way powers that be has been on his trail, he would av dealt with us morethan this. Now all southsouth governors should come together and do d needful against the highhandedness of some set of people while dey work towards development of their various states
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by yarimo(m): 7:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
ajebuter:

Yarimo Amaka!

cheesy cheesy

Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by petitejolie(f): 7:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
Amitez:
i tell you. As long as someone like buhari is the head of the party, they will b asslicking him and everything in his agenda is fulani empowerment at d detriment of others. If not the way powers that be has been on his trail, he would av dealt with us morethan this. Now all southsouth governors should come together and do d needful against the highhandedness of some set of people while dey work towards development of their various states
onoja12:
give money to the church for what?the people voted for you not the church rather than help the people who voted for you,you are making one pastor rich,my advice use your brain

but its his money na. It was awarded to him not d state. There is state money for that which he's accountable for. But for his money, no one should tell him how he wants to spend it.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by ajebuter(f): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
[quote author=yarimo post=87087769][/quote]

If Calabar pipu catch this your dog eh!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by yarimo(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
ajebuter:

If Calabar pipu catch this your dog eh!

cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Staro: 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
Gbam
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by NGpatriot: 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2020
Amitez:

When you lose, you blame APC, when you win, you still blame APC.

Confused people..

@ Mr Governor, what you need to donate is the needless and unnecessary multi billion security votes that you useless governors pocket.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Neroiam(m): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
roundman:
Man was created in the likeness of God,do for your fellow man who you see and not God whom you don't see. He owns everything so you can not give him anything apart from your worship. Be wise Bro.

Matthew 26:7-11
a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked.
"This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."
Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me.
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.

Op, when you give tithe and offerings, that's if you do o. Who do you give it to? You'll be carnal minded to say pastors.

God created man for his own pleasure. Refer Rev. 4:11Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This means they work for him. They render services and are paid/rewarded. Men do this physically(choir,ushers, etc,) financially(offerings, facilitating the gospel, etc) and spiritually(soul winning, prayer, etc)

2 Tim 2:6, The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.

The governor has rendered financial service and if with a right heart, his blessing is sure.

Try to attend Bible school. It'll help you a lot.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by roundman: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
Neroiam:

Matthew 26:7-11
a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked.
"This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."
Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me.
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.

Op, when you give tithe and offerings, that's if you do o. Who do you give it to? You'll be carnal minded to say pastors.

God created man for his own pleasure. Refer Rev. 4:11Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This means they work for him. They render services and are paid/rewarded. Men do this physically(choir,ushers, etc,) financially(offerings, facilitating the gospel, etc) and spiritually(soul winning, prayer, etc)

2 Tim 2:6, The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.

The governor has rendered financial service and if with a right heart, his blessing is sure.

Try to attend Bible school. It'll help you a lot.
Bro's i won't exchange banter with you, i just made my point, just do whatever rock your boat....but for me i believe in giving to man,because i believe if i do for man i have done for God.bless you
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by lomprico(m): 7:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
MillerJnr:

yes

good, case settled
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Lugianostar(m): 8:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
A word is enough for the wise!!!
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Neroiam(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
roundman:
Bro's i won't exchange banter with you, i just made my point, just do whatever rock your boat....but for me i believe in giving to man,because i believe if i do for man i have done for God.bless you

God is superior to man. Yes! He created man for his pleasure. But He says "seek me first.." in everything, God first.

Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus declared, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

God first!

Thanks for the intelligent conversation. God bless you too.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Harbeeorlar(m): 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
To what end? Why not dedicate it to a community/LGA and start his governance from there?
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Femeto: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
Too much money. Instead of you to use it to develop your state.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:
Nigeria is finished.

With the state of Bayelsa, A Governor can still give out 40m to a church.

That amount will go a long way in a Bayelsa state.

Nigeria needs to be sold to Bloomberg or Zukerberg
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 8:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

Are you joking?

Which country has blessing helped in structural and social development.

Africa needs to be sold.

Religion will kill the continent.
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

Principle of giving 40m to a church when vast majority of your kinsmen are in abject poverty?

I will repeat again. Religion will bury Africa.
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

Am certain you have not been to Bayelsa before. If you have, you will know what much 40m can do in the state. Just the life's of one community can change with that amount.
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by darleenje: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
tatatar:
Dude keeps gloating about his "victory" based on exploiting the legal loopholes while forgetting the fact that he wasn't bayelsa people's choice.
You mustn't keep publicly announcing them,so stop this your rude displays at their faces and start working

Oga no body is everyone's choice.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by darleenje: 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ogegeodey:
Why church?

Though its your private money, if iys me I will use that money to empower 40 university graduates with 1million each.

Use small opportunity and shine, think well with money.

Pastor Church that'z already rich...

Talk is cheap
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Kfed4ril(m): 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
tatatar:
Dude keeps gloating about his "victory" based on exploiting the legal loopholes while forgetting the fact that he wasn't bayelsa people's choice.
You mustn't keep publicly announcing them,so stop this your rude displays at their faces and start working

Was hope Imo people 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice?
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

It's peculiar to all South South states, it's their mentality. But other South South states are making giant strides.

What is Bayelsa doing with it's allocation. Just 3 million people and state is just at a stand still.

Riddled with poverty.
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

Why are you sounding like you not a Nigerian.

Personal money....?

Money he has looted already in few weeks as Governor.

Which sane buisnessman will do that. I will Google his village and get pictures. I have 90% assurance its poverty riddled.
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

He earned and looted.

He is a Nigerian

I can as well give out bigger amount as a Governor of Lagos State.

I just need to say it's my personal money.
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Okogopo: 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

When you lose, you blame APC, when you win, you still blame APC.

Confused people..

@ Mr Governor, what you need to donate is the needless and unnecessary multi billion security votes that you useless governors pocket.
[/s]
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by emmykk(m): 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2020
Unruffledgrace:
Wahala don enter the church be that na
That church don get problem straight

Good idea though

Donated money to church in govt house.... He will still have access to it. Audio donation.

Who in his right senses donate such amount to church if they don't know how they are going to make more 20M more.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by onoja12: 1:37am On Mar 02, 2020
wrong,this is likened to somebody who was sick,went to the hospital ,the doctor battles for hours to save his life and After getting him back on his feet,he goes to buy his pastor a car to thank God for saving his life.the pastor didnt do shit,the doctor did,if you are to thank anybody thank the doctor.same with his church,the people of that state voted for him,then he turns around to dash his money to a pastor,for what reason did the pastor make him governor or the people did?

petitejolie:
i tell you. As long as someone like buhari is the head of the party, they will b asslicking him and everything in his agenda is fulani empowerment at d detriment of others. If not the way powers that be has been on his trail, he would av dealt with us morethan this. Now all southsouth governors should come together and do d needful against the highhandedness of some set of people while dey work towards development of their various statesbut its his money na. It was awarded to him not d state. There is state money for that which he's accountable for. But for his money, no one should tell him how he wants to spend it.
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by MrSquint: 1:47am On Mar 02, 2020
Douye Diri was never the people's choice.
For the very first time in the history of Bayelsa and Nigeria, I saw the electorates reject PDP's money and voted massively for David Lyon. I mean Over 75% of the state's population voted for David Lyon and they still managed to manipulate things.
I thought the voice of the people was God's voice ?
Bayelsans were tired of Dickson and his disrespectful arrogant, deceitful and evil ways. Since Diri was dickson's candidate, the hatred and dislike the people has for dickson was transfered heavily to diri. The people feel Diri and Dickson are birds of same feather.
They feel you'll act like dickson;
They feel you'll insult and disrespect elders;
They feel you'll not pay bursary ;
They feel you'll increas school fees and kill students that'll rise against such wicked act;
They feel the salaries of civil servants will further dwindle;
They feel you'll be another egocentric, wicked, dictator and tyrant Pharoah;
They're scared you'll flog our old pensioners parents;
They're scared you'll call Bayelsa's money, your personal money;
They're scared you and your allies will share our IGR and Federal allocation in percentages amongst yourselves;
They're scared you won't industrialize that state, there'll be more bad roads, our turbine(s) won't work and the state will remain in perpetual poverty;
They're scared you'll have wives everywhere, although there's no rumor of your size being like king Saul's: and
They're scared you'll spend 100 million for a project and claim it's 100 Billion.

PLS PROVE THE MASSES WRONG
RECOGNIZE THIS PRIVILEDGE IS TO SERVE AND NOT TO STEAL LIKE DICKSON

LET THE FEAR OF GOD GUIDE YOU
NO BE BY DONATING TO CHURCH SHA
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:48am On Mar 02, 2020
maasoap:

Bayelsa is 70% water. Twice of Lagos state in what sense exactly? Of course, it's owing salaries including local governments. People who massively voted PDP out were not stupid, another 4 years is fast approaching. Just watch how this clown will waste and abuse this opportunity like those ones before him
funny you should think like this...one thing I have realized in Nigerian politics is that all parties are the same.....Bayelsa APC is made up of at least 80% of PDP former members....it's just different parties same characters....infact the leader of Bayelsa APC is Timipriye Silva, former PDP governor....they all have selfish interests. The common good principle is completely absent, all man for his pocket
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by ejanla077: 9:27am On Mar 02, 2020
Neroiam:

Na u dey twist am o.. So myopic.. Seek ye first the kingdom of God means (everything that pertains to God) relate it to the context. ....try and attend Bible school. It'll help you a lot.

You kno nothing
Re: Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC by Countersam(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2020
LosC:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/01/bayelsa-gov-diri-donates-n40m-supreme-court-awarded-him-to-church-warns-apc/

What is 20m₦ or 40m₦ to someone or people who have just been handed the keys to Bayelsa vault. They will replace the 40m₦ with 40m$>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Photo Of A Soldier Teaching A Lady How 2 Shoot Gun During Nigeria Civil War / Appeal Court Reinstates Colonel Danladi Ribah Hassan / I do not know the woman: Diri Dismisses Claims Of Leaking Sifuba's Sextape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.