Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,630 members, 7,944,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 08:09 AM

Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe (5749 Views)

Bukola Saraki, James Ibori, Kingibe, Others Framed Iyabo For Corruption—obasanjo / Bukola Saraki, James Ibori, Kingibe, Others Framed Iyabo For Corruption—Obasanjo / 'Baba Gana Kingibe' The Running mate Who Betrayed MKO Abiola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by angel101(f): 9:15am On Jun 08, 2007
whatever Kingibe's experience may be, he is definitely not the most experienced in Nigeria. besides i believe we have seen all he has to offer. how about giving someone younger, more or equally intelligent and more vibrant a chance to show what they have to offer the country. Some have said the position requires someone with Experience in the civil service. Well are there no young people in the civil service? We are tired of seeing the same faces and hearing the same names. The govt of Nigeria should allow others contribute please!
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by abiodunade(m): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2007
olutomiwa:

kingibe is a POLITICAL ASHAWO.
Honesthly speaking, u re very rite, d man na wetin u call am. he took appointment under federal government wen he suppose to b fightin 4 d mandate given to them by nigerians, which is d best election ever conductd n d country. make he go sit down.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by simeony(m): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2007
if baba want to be angry let him be because very soon he will be prosecuted for all he did in office
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by edatika(m): 11:48am On Jun 08, 2007
although i personally would have prefered fresh blood in this new dispensation
it just confirms what yaradua said that he's not OBJ's puppet aferall

so we shd expect more surprises,
pardon me, whoever it hits,
someone said there are about 150 million pple to choose from,

how many of them are hausa's?
how many of the hausa's are educated to perform?

remember, everyone wants his tribesmen there, as Nigeria is "not" a country as it seems

Yaradua means well, but he definitely will be etting pressure from "home"
and he chooses from the limited choices available,

at least we can see he's almost independent,
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by elmonks(m): 11:49am On Jun 08, 2007
if we kip recycling old faces,it means our generation wuldnt get d opportunity 2 serve.i tink yar`adua shuld hav a retink
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by edatika(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2007
it remind me of the caption

"Nigeria; say Baba" grin grin grin

talk of connection
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by tlops(m): 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2007
baba gana kini?
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by iphiedial(f): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ docokwy
That was 2 harsh of u. Don't take things personal. Just air ur view and allow others right to their opinion.

@ Afam
Biko ewena iwe.

Let all Nigerians allow Yar'adua to make his choice afterall he was chosen as well, and all we did was fold our hands and watch. Even if we talk till eternity, it won't make any difference, we only have to contribute our quota and leave the rest 2 God.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by Soundmind(m): 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ angel101
I agree with you.
Kingibe dumped Abiola immediately there election was annulled and picked up a ministerial appointment.
It appeared he was more interested in the ministerial post than vice presidency he campaigned for. God have mercy on us.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by angel101(f): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2007
Amen
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by Echidime(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2007
OBJ SHOULD EXPECT MORE SHOCKER FROM YARA DUA,SINCE HE WAS BLIND TO RETURN POWER TO THE NORTH. AN HAUSA MAN BEEN IN THE POSITION OF OBJ COULD HAVE GIVING THE POWER BACK TO HIS BROTHER. ONLY OBJ HAS GIVING POWER TWICE TO THE NORTH,AND ANYTIME HE DOES THAT THE NATION SUFFERS.

Does it mean that the Yoruba's don't have any body capable of replacing OBJ? At least since they don't have confidence on the IGBO's or somebody from the South south.

OBJ seems to be the ONLY ANAGO MAN grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very soon,Yara dua will pursue him with EFCC,he is yet to wake up from his dreams.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by kizoic: 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2007
Lets put sentiments apart and face the issue squarely.
I don't think Kingibe's appintment is bad at all.
Yes, he was a minister during Abacha regime, but he's not the only one who worked with Abacha and still found his way in the 'Saintly' OBJ cabinet.
For crying out loud, Kingibe is a politician and he is the only one amidst the trio of Yar'adua, Goodluck and Himself who has got the experience to really cordinate things.
How many of us remembered that a good number of the so called Obj's men actually wined with Abacha?
What do you have to say about Ojo Maduekwe and co who were calling on Abacha to perpetuate himself in power and also doing the same with Obj via the '3rd term bill'
My people, Kingibe is old, agreed; but hes got the experience which we cannot wish away in running a complex society like ours.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by samm(m): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2007
Isn't it obvious by now that what we need are younger technocrats to move our country forward ?

During OBJ's first term, the bulk of the folks of his cabinet were the oldies - Danjuma, Ali Chiroma, & co.

During his second term, he appointed people like Okonjo-Iweala, Oby Ezekwesili, El-rufai & co.

We all know how much the younger technocrats have contributed to our country within the 2003 - 2007 period.

Rather than appointing the likes of Kingibe, Yar 'Adua should take a cue from the accomplishments of OBJ's second term appointees so we can move this
country forward.

This post says it all.  Do away with the past visonless leaders and inject some fresh blood with ideas and visions.  Could it be any simpler angry
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by Rubbermaid(f): 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2007
You guys "voted" him in as one best suited to run the country. For that reason, and because we are a civilized democracy, we also have to give him that trust to actually run the office and stop all the nitpicking on his decisions/appointments.

As for Obasanjo - he needs to go pick some cherry tomatoes or something on his farm. If that article is reliable, then he sounds like an old buffoon or step-father who no longer knows what to do with himself - hence the very distracting meddling.

If he refuses to retire away to obscurity, then they should simply investigate one of his wrong doings and place him under house arrest on his farm.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by cydak(m): 5:53pm On Jun 08, 2007
May be there is something in Kingibe that most of us are not really aware of except the politicians themselves. As far back as 1993, the late Chief MKO Abiola nominated him as his running mate meaning that he must be sound upstairs to be considered suitable for such exalted position.

Though he abandoned the course after the annulment of the election, he still accepted appointment in Abacha's regime. That gives me an impression of a man with a humble personality.

Here again, after the man was almost forgotten, he has been considered suitable as the SFG. So I think in terms of character, quality and humility, the man is not in short supply of any.
The good thing really is that the SFG, by the nature of their job, are not really meant to be in the public most of the time. So I don't think we will lose much much in terms of external image.

Let's hope for the best and wish him and Nigeria well.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by tlops(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2007
cydak:

Though he abandoned the course after the annulment of the election, he still accepted appointment in Abacha's regime. That gives me an impression of a man with a humble personality.

That shows a man without conviction and vision. If u beleive in a course nothing should bend or shake you of it not even threat of death.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by seun001(m): 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2007
who voted yar'adua in!!there is nothing like voting him in,the elections was rigged and the best rigger got in.chikena.
well as per appointing kingibe,lets put it like this,
kingibe is old and knows all the ways of stealing money,abi,so it will be very difficult for efcc to catch him.
y not find someone with no experience on stealing money,somebody who will always look behind him cos of efcc,someone who is not yet smart enuf to outsmart the efcc,hmmm.

definately we need new ideas and it can be gotten from someone younger.we need somebody that will want a dbase for all govt ops not some1 who is a stickler for manual ops.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by vikiviko(m): 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2007
He Yar'adua is the Commander in chief and the executive president, so i think the choice of Kingibe is his sole responsibility.
Kingibe is good for the job, forget Abacha days.
There are many Abacha boys and men serving in and aroung govt.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by webbaba: 4:01am On Jun 09, 2007
It is unfortunate that we've just started to experience the dislikes but the fact remains that as a nigerian factor any goverment that succeeds always run programmes that is not in line with the previous government.

Besides Only baba's crator knows the kind of head he gave baba. Remember in 1979 when he left power for Shehu Shagari all the money he worked for and kept was squandered. probably that is what we should expect.

But my prayer is let me have a share of the loot/boot this time around YES!!!

Somebody will always work for the money while another spends it
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by MP007(m): 7:57am On Jun 09, 2007
tell obj to shut the fuk up,
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by cushman(m): 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2007
Whatever it is, Kingibe is the S.G.F and there's nothing you can do to change that
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by buchio7(m): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2007
Those shouting dat kingibe was an abacha man forget so easily that obasanjos regime was riddled with sycophants frm both abacha and babangida e.g jerry gana,anenih,ikimi(till he lost out),even the chief of staff maj.gen abdullahi were all participators in the abacha and ibb debacle.

the man has chosen his sgf whether u like it or not . It is his prerogative
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by Ansary(m): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2007
[color=#990000][color=#550000][img]http://[flash=200,200]http:// angry
Obasanjo shouldn't be angry withy our new president Mr. Yar'adua, for when he was elected in 1999, despite the supports his friends gave to him, he refused them and did his likings. Yaradua wants Babagana to work with him, not with Treacherous and perfidious OBJ.
[/flash]
[/img]
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by IG: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2007
I think there's something you guys overlooked.
OBJ did work with Kingibe.
Until his recent appointment as SGF, Kingibe was on a special assignment in Darfur.
He was appointed by OBJ.

Just a point of correction for those saying that he was appointed because he is Hausa.
I think those people have a very small knowledge of Nigeria's ethnic setup.
Kingibe is Kanuri and not Hausa.

Please guys not all Northerners are Hausas.
In fact many Northerners are not Hausas.

Please, please there is more to Nigeria than Lagos and Ibadan.
Travel out and see Nigeria, maybe it will help drop some ethnic prejudices.

BTW, I personally am not a fan of Kingibe but I do not want 'Yar Adua to be taking orders
from Obasanjo.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by kayodus(m): 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2007
GOOD FOR HIM grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by BabaO2: 5:56am On Jun 10, 2007
Yaradua is a big disappointment on the appointment of kingibe. Is he trying to rehabilitate kingibe or what? this malam people don start again o, after what kingibe did to June 12, the only faultless election in Nigeria history, afterwards kingibe connived with abacha to kill MKO in detention. yaradua deemed it fit again to appoint him to that sensitive position, haba!!!

yaradua should realise, this is not the era of bakinzuwo or umaru dikko, we need positive turn around in our robust economy quick quick. He has started on a failure note.

If he actually wants to form the so called all inclusive goferment, he should have reserved people like pat utomi for such position. not political beggar or baggar like mindless king obo.

shame on yaradua, he is a confirmed dull man as one guy actually mentioned.

Bleep epxperience in Nigeria!. enough of failure experiences.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by debosky(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2007
he connived with abacha to kill mko

y'all should take it easy with your hatred of this man, and stop trying to hang things on him that he never did. a lot of people saw hope in Abacha's early regime, thats why men like Onagoruwa volunteered to serve in his government, but when it was seen that he truly wasn't a sincere leader, many people swiftly resigned their positions with the govt. Kingibe has been a quiet figure in all the political madness of the last 8 years, doing his job as an envoy of the govt, he was not politicking about, so he knows his onions, let him get down to work simple. whether he was good for the position or not in your eyes cannot be told now, his performance will speak for all eventually.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by nigeria1: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2007
IG ,  been a special assignment to obj does not qualify kingibe to become SSG,  Look, if Yar Adua want a northerner,  The north can produce people of good character that can fill that place, I work with northerner abroad who write for NigeriaONE.com ,  I can pick 50 of them with character that he can pick from,  Look,  you have more than 200 PHD holder from the north in america only,  So Yar Adua should not pick anyone who serve under Abacha,  because they were part of the people that help to kill his brother,  They lack principle,  they should have resign during the period Musa Yar Adua was sent to prison, if they are really faithfull friend,  but they cherish money over friend,  It is lack of character,  Non of this men who service under Abacha or IBB should return back to power. Someone sent Musa Yar adua to jail and killed him,  you now continue to serve under that person,   and you call yourself his friend.  He betray Musa Yar Adua by doing that, just like he did again abiola,   And I would predict,  he would betray President Yar Adua,  and may be have him killed,  The spirit of God tell me Yar Adua should not trust Kingibe,  He would betray him too.  the word of God says if you look at the cloud, you know it would rain. President should learn from Obasanjo the reason he was made special assignment out of Nigeria, was to sent him out of Nigeria because he was trouble,    Yar Adua should understand if President Obasanjo have been your family friend for over 35 years now,  and handed over govt to you,  it shows he is a true friend of family,  true friends do not run or prefer money or position over friendship,

Non of this men who service under Abacha or IBB  should be back to power. They would give Nigeria a bad image again,  Must of them are thief,  Please read old news about what the western media write about kingibe,  we want investment,  but Kingibe is a negative to Yar Adua,  You do not want to tag Yar Adua as a thief from the start of his govt,  it would kill invest,  They say show me your friends , and I would tell you who you are,  So yar Adua have to run away from this men,   He does not want to be tag as a thief. I believe Yar adua should keep Nuru Ribadu and El Rufia in his govt, thier are some thing that can not said over the internet, Something this 2 men did to help Yar Adua win, even information that Yar Adua did not know, I cant say it over the internet.

Yar Adua should pick his own men,  Men who are capable and younger than him ,  to command respect,   Not people who are older than him,  Men who have vision and can run with idea,  who are creative and pace setter,
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by IG: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2007
If he actually wants to form the so called all inclusive goferment,
Ha ha ha, Baba_O, I never knew that Yoruba accent can be visible in writing grin
Forgive me please but I just can't hold back my laughter.
By the way the right spelling is government not goferment grin
this malam people don start again o,
I smell some tribalism in this so I prefer not comment further

I think the question we should ask ourselves is ; is it constitutionally Ok to appoint Kingibe.
As a Nigerian I don't give a damn about OBJ and 'Yar Adua's family relationship. We are suppose to
have a democracy not a monarchy.

, even information that Yar Adua did not know, I can't say it over the internet.
Wow we have a insider on Nairaland, what an honour grin
By the way @nigeria1, the post we are talking about is SGF not SSG.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by nigeria1: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2007
look what el rufia and nuru ribadu did had nothing to do with voting, but more of loyality.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by redsun(m): 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2007
I would suggest all the old school politicians be shot or locked up for eternity.We need a fresh start, a new concept base on near absolute descipline and selflessness.We got to give to get.
Re: Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe by BabaO2: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2007
@IG, the spelling "goferment" was intentional to buttress the
"this malam people don start again o,"
olodo, you can't read and understand. "oya"

However, i don't think constitution can guide some appointments but morals.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President / Enugu Is Flooded / PDP Ridicules Buhari's Ill-health With Funny Cartoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.