Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth (6268 Views)

Photos Of Alamieyeseigha On Life Support Before His Death / ‘Alamieyeseigha Was On Life Support Before Death’ / Ojukwu On Life Support And In Critical Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by NAJALYN: 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2010
I wish the Ikemba, God's protection & speedy recovery. Nairalanders please the man needs our prayers now, & not condemnation.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by Panzastrip(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
My Ikemba, our father we Ndigbo love you and will always do. Please get well we will continue to pray for your recovery Amen.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by holydante(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
pslm23:

It is never a good thing to wish evil and death on anybody. Ikemba is an important person in the Igbo community and a thousand years from now, his name will still be mentioned in the history of Igbos.

I'm only 36 and wasn't even born during the Biafran era but my father served in the military and my mom was a nurse on the biafran side too (that's how she met my father). All I've heard since I was a child was how great a man Ikemba was for trying to liberate his people. When I think of him I think of MLK. He also tried to fight for the rights of black people in the US.

So, my thing is, some people might not like him or respect what he did but that does not call for death wishes. I pray he pulls through but if God decides that his time is up then so be it. His name will still be spoken for many many years to come. When you talk about the history of Nigeria, believe me, Ikemba's name will be mentioned.
Bless your good heart for this post. Same scenario is applicable to me too, I went beyond my parents tales to get alternative views on pre and post 1966 events and Dikedioramma's  part in the whole sad events; the few Yoruba's, Hausa's, Middlebeltans and South south folks that I had access to had somethings commendable to say about him in adition to their fears too, history books are there too to butress this man of honour's singular dedication to the Nigerian project until he was forced to tow the seccession line to save his people (he ensured the northerners had a safe ride home while train loads of mutilated igbos were shipped back in droves to the east)

Britain knew how intelligent and opinionated he is and so ensured that the Biafran project was bombed into extinction, Dim Ojukwu will forever be rememberd in the annals of this country.

May God's will be done in his life.Dikedioramma
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by bisiaet: 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2010
I'am so sorry for him may he recover quick, though I was never and i'm never one of his fan at all. I came from the same region with him but never his follower or his beleiver or his adorer in fact I dont like him as a person because I dont understand what he stand for but that does not mean I should wish him death because no matter what he has done he is a human like me so I wish him quick recovery. This is my view no offense!!!!!!
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by stiyke(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ikemba May The Almighty God heal you. But if in the end its time for you to go. You are engraved in our memories and generation upon generations will still love you. You got more balls than all men in Nigeria put together multiplied by 20000!
We Love you!!!
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by aljharem11(m): 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2010
bisiaet:

I'am so sorry for him may he recover quick, though I was never and i'm never one of his fan at all. I came from the same region with him but never his follower or his beleiver or his adorer in fact I dont like as a person because I dont understand what he stand for but that does not mean I should wish him death because no matter what he has done he is a human like me so I wish him quick recovery. This is my view no offense!!!!!!

God bless you, No offense is made
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by OchiAgha2(m): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2010
Now these are the type of post that I like. God bless you all my brothers and sisters. We need to pray for him. He has given up so much for us, we must return the favor. God bless you Ojukwu. Our leader!
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by Mobinga: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
This man doesn't need to die. These are the people who need to

1 - General Olusegun Obasanjo
2 - Ibrahim Babangida
3 - Ciroma
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by aljharem11(m): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
Mobinga:

This man doesn't need to die. These are the people who need to

1 - General Olusegun Obasanjo
2 - Ibrahim Babangida
3 - Ciroma

guy no one needs to die, why don't u leave that for God to judge
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by Mobinga: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
alj harem1:

guy no one needs to die, why don't u leave that for God to judge
shocked shocked shocked
See who's talking grin You?
How many lives have they taken? How many? It is better for 3 men to die than the entire nation.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by aljharem11(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2010
Mobinga:

shocked shocked shocked
See who's talking grin You?
How many lives have they taken? How many? It is better for 3 men to die than the entire nation.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

well cry undecided
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by hackney(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
A man that had the guts to say: enough is enough. (-with nothing ; a truly dying breed)
Posterity will not forget you.
IF the various regions had younger versions of you, i believe that the balance of power would have been fair ages ago.
You have a place in our history.

I wish you God's grace sir.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by invisible2(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
He is a great man, a true legend who will never be forgotten, may God heal him. We still need his presence to guide us younger ones.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by Mkpotu(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2010
Dim Ikemba, may Almighty God see you through during this period! Wish you the best.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by chelseabmw(m): 10:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
i dnt even knw wat to say to this man
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by MetalGong4: 10:59pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ezendigbo gburu gburu you shall live for us . . . . . Onweghi ife ga eme gi !!!
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by fairsense(m): 11:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
I pray that he gets well in Jesus Name!
Please do not wish evil for anyone.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by san26dy(f): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2010
Wow I pray for his Life. May God's will be done.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by buyeye01: 1:23am On Dec 23, 2010
How are the mighty falling, Well we the young generation need to emulate him. That is the greatest tribute we can accord him. Wish him quick recovery.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by aljharem11(m): 1:56am On Dec 23, 2010
buyeye01:

How are the mighty falling,   Well we the young generation need to emulate him. That is the greatest tribute we can accord him. Wish him quick recovery.

we also wish him a quick recovery,,,,,, may he live long

but sorry to if this might seem like an insult, but i think that is a very silly post.

in what aspect should we emulate him in,,,,can you tell us,, i am igbo by the way
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by holydante(m): 4:25am On Dec 23, 2010
alj harem1:

we also wish him a quick recovery,,,,,, may he live long

but sorry to if this might seem like an insult, but i think that is a very silly post.

in what aspect should we emulate him in,,,,can you tell us,, i am igbo by the way
you seem to have a stock in trade of inserting quotes and "gbam" and all other funny statement, must you respond to every opinion

I thouht this thread is just to wish the man well!!
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by aljharem11(m): 4:37am On Dec 23, 2010
holydante:

you seem to have a stock in trade of inserting quotes and "gbam" and all other funny statement, must you respond to every opinion

I thouht this thread is just to wish the man well!!

and is it any of ur business what i post on this forum ?

did i ask you the question ?

have i not wished him good health ?

then again i can ask you, what has ojukwu done for us igbos that we should emulate
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by holydante(m): 4:46am On Dec 23, 2010
Its not really my business but a trend is just emerging and its too glaring not to notice it, as expected, you may perhaps start another thread on your topic.

It just occured to me that my 2 posts on this thread has been deleted or something, seems something strange is going on here.

Anyway, I guess I took time off my end of year work summary for this.

Happy deliberations
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by dlox147(m): 4:57am On Dec 23, 2010
why is respect so difficult 2 come byhow can pple wish som1 on his sick bed death, well i wish u guys wat u wish odas!!, IKEMBA 1 God will always c u thru,
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by ASANIGBO(m): 5:39am On Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Biafran warlord Chief Emeka Odume-gwu Ojukwu is to be flown to Britain today, in a frantic effort to save his life.

Ojukwu, 77, has been on life support machine at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu, since Sunday after suffering a stroke.

It was gathered that an air ambulance has been secured by the government of Anambra State to evacuate the National Leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

Governor Peter Obi "has been doing everything that needs to be done to ensure that the Ikemba’s health is restored," said a source last night.

Dr. Anthony Mbah, the Chief Medical Director (CMO) of the UNTH said Ojukwu was "brought to the Accident and Emergency Ward of this hospital in an unconscious state last Sunday".

"The blood pressure was quite low and he was not making enough urine."

Sources said last night that Ojukwu’s condition "is critical but stable enough to travel on an air ambulance".

Igbo leaders have been visiting the ailing ex-warlord. Obi was there yesterday. He was accompanied by government officials and the National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh. Ohanaeze President Ambassador Ralph Uwechue, Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) Ralph Uwazuruike were also at the hospital.

Umeh said: "The Ojukwu I saw today (Tuesday) should be on his feet in another one week. It is not something to panic about. There is no cause for alarm."

Ojukwu’s health was not improving, despite the initial stability and response to treatment, according to a doctor who pleaded not to be named.

The doctor said Obi provided the funds when the hospital management told him that lack of funds could delay Ojukwu’s transfer abroad for further treatment. 

One of Ojukwu’s aides said last night: "Barring any last-minute setback, my oga should be flown out tomorrow (today)."

He said: "Three weeks ago, while trying to feed him (Ojukwu), he told me there were signs that his end was near and he would wish his end to come on January 12, 2011 to coincide with the 41

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/22589.html
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 23, 2010
Lol @ war lord.

I don die.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by UNLEASHED(m): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2010
Even though you are old, but i wish you fast recovery
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by chibest5(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2010
May God punish some of you for even Dearing to insult this man, especially the first post your entire family will never be like him till de end of their life. Idiot. He is a hero forever. angry shocked shocked
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by Guyman02: 11:42am On Dec 23, 2010
This man is an enigma, I read an article recently by Gary Busch where he mentioned Ojukwu and Biafra and stated that Britain and Russia bitter cold war rivals at the time had to agree to stop Ojukwu and the success of Biafra because of the ingenuity of the people which could spread to other African countries and deny them access to Oil and raw materials.
People like Ken Saro Wiwa and other leaders including Awolowo did not foresee what Ojukwu saw then and failed to negotiate better deals for their region having supported the Nigerian Military Govt in the civil war. That is why today, the new generation of Yoruba leaders led by the Chief Area Boy and Bad Guy (nuff respect) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is carving out an identity for the Western Region today and we all can see the quality of accountable leadership that they are offering from Lagos to Edo to Ondo to osun through the platform of ACN.

It was under Ojukwus leadership that the Eastern region local engineers and crafts men were able to refine crude oil and build Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) etc while today we are arguing on NL whether the Govt is correct for lifting the embargo on importation of toothpicks, textile or 15 years for abandoned tokumbo cars from Europe and Asia.
The youths in the Niger Delta realised what Ojukwu was fighting for and that Adaka Boro made a mistake for fighting against Biafra and decided to pick up arms many years later to be heard and reduce environmental degradation and poverty in their communities which brought about the collapsing amnesty programme and GEJ presidency.

Ojukwu wants the Nigerian Project to work. So I wish him quick recovery. He is a great man
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by Boyan: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
I wish him good recovery, we can't afford to lose another great man in less 10 days Pa Enahoro died.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by adaphik(f): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2010
Wishing him quick recovery.
Re: Ojukwu On Life Support Machine At Unth by cap28: 4:00am On Dec 25, 2010
i pray that he pulls through, he was a true leader of ndigbo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A C N Rejects Kogi Polls Result, Alleges "scientific Rigging" / Breaking News...Governor Lobbied For Vice President Post While Buhari Was Away / I Hereby Renounce My Support On Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.