Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,614 members, 7,941,355 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' (14428 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Buhari Ask Nigerians To Thank GEJ For This Year's Independence Celebration! / Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by wesley80(m): 3:17am On Dec 23, 2010
@Oliss, Tanx for sharing your perspective and somewhat claring the air.
U cant help but be shocked at such brazen display of naivety by just too many people! This highlights the depth of the problem we are in. May God Help Us.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by poweredcom(m): 3:22am On Dec 23, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Mark Zuker berg will sue their fat asses, uninformed Minister saying GEJ brought Facebok to Nigeria, kai that is what we are saying, nd the mumu minister get full 24hour internet access at home and office oo, al they do is to go to marry wives and party a lot, shame to him for saying that .word.people have been using facebook here before Jonathan was Governor of bayelsa state sef

He did not phrase his statement properly may be
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cvibe: 4:51am On Dec 23, 2010
This is what happens when education is not properly funded by government.

Result= Half baked students = Half baked graduates= Half baked Minister of information!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by segunjowo(m): 8:03am On Dec 23, 2010
GEJ Joined FB this year. Most Naija guys joined FB some yrs back. Dude minister. What a joke?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by hollars(m): 8:12am On Dec 23, 2010
is that our minister of information or minister of mis-information c'mon!! what the hell was he thinking,   my father is not on fb but if he dare tell me he doesnt know wat fb is,  hmm!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by UNLEASHED(m): 8:23am On Dec 23, 2010
GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria? Is there something i don't understand? [size=5pt]Before I start laughing[/size] grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 23, 2010
Pls@cvibe,tk am easy wit ur jibes! @hollars dnt flog or faceslap ur dad o if he fails 2 say what fb is! @Unleashed, u got info raw, LAUGH IT OUT, dnt hoard it.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by BetaThings: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2010
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Xfactoria: 9:05am On Dec 23, 2010
@ Beaf:

Guy, I think you need rehabilitation! Stop defending the indefensible! That minister's statement is in the least embarassing. Even your own twist and explanation is malicious and unintelligent.

If I do not know anything at all, my friend, Dapo Lam-Adesina started his campaign for the House of Representatives seat in Oyo State on FB some three solid years ago. For the past 3 years, quotes and opinions from him on national issues get sent to my FB inbox on a weekly basis.

Please stop disgracing yourself, you are too young to be thrashed like a nonentity like this pathetic minister.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by neowelsh(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2010
I no fit south.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Ayowumie(m): 9:20am On Dec 23, 2010
The Minister did not mean that GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria in the sense being among the first persons to use fb in this country. What the minister however meant is that GEJ introduced many Nigerian politicians and public office seekers to the social networking site as a plot through which they can have access to a bulk of the youth population.

I dont blame people that mis-interpreted the minister's statement, the guy is as incoherent as GEJ, remember wat happens any time GEJ gives a major speech, people will always come to explain what he means. They are never able to coherently express their thoughts.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by LeStylo: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2010
Gbam! Ayowumie. I think you made the most intelligent use of the keyboard since this thread.

I
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by kemisuga(f): 9:49am On Dec 23, 2010
Ayowumie is dat very true? tongue
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by enomakos(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2010
i no fit laugh ooooooooooooooo
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by marcus1234: 9:59am On Dec 23, 2010
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Fimmy(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2010
please who brought yahoo to nigeria?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by philip0906(m): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2010
ladej:

it would only be a responsible one if the poster included all living things related to her in the same sentence. jeeez how can you curse your own people? do you know that palestine is crying out for their land and the right to be welcome in the commity of nations? there are a lot of things wrong with naija but i will never curse the country cos it means i curse myself, alongside relatives etc. i love myself and nigeria so i pray for us both, not curse. hope u understand me.
well he/she said. . .d product of a cursed Nigeria.He/she was def refering 2 Nigeria as a country being cursed .Abi u dey deny dat fact?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by aspabay(m): 10:22am On Dec 23, 2010
@Fimmy
go to sleeep dont over beat the issue, find a better use of the internet time given to you freely by cafe Jameel
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by tnktosin(m): 10:54am On Dec 23, 2010
grin grin this is a (mis-)information minister if he really said dat.  poor 9ja  embarassed embarassed
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by IfeanyiB: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2010
[color=#000099][/color], Na wah o, Imagine wetin a whole minister of information dey talk, THANK GOD SAY na 9JA d guy take talk am, Pple llke dis should not represent us outside.MAMULAAA, ODE, OLO OSHI, cry
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by amanze15(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin thas is y obj will say "i dey laugh ooo"
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Homonide: 11:01am On Dec 23, 2010
I watched the program live on AIT, it is so unfortunate that a Minister for Information and Communication could make such ill-informed statement. Immediately he made that statement(mind you, it was a sentence in a long list of praises for his BOSS), i was like. what the heck does he think he is saying?

Even though the Minister, Mr Labran Maku does not strike me as an articulate person, what with his bad command of the English language, i still want to believe it was a costly slip of tongue.

GOD help Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2010
i want to thank yahoo yahoo boys for bringing yahoo to nigeria, lol grin
and who shud we thank for bringing BB to nigeria? lmao
eediot minister,
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nsiman(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2010
@ poster, did u hear him directlly from AIT? As far as dokpesi owns AIT, i know what he will want to do to gej, besides, where were u when Makor/labaran was named information minister? U shld have objected that he's a farmer or whatever
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2010
Please can someone help me? I want to download the Internet grin grin.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Jalal(m): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2010
I want 2 believe dat d Minister was probably quoted out of context, d poster didnt giv d source.Am sure dat he meant popularizing social networking in politics like sumone earlier mentioned.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2010
Thanks to Oluwaseun Osewa for bringing Nigerians together on the internet smiley
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
Thanx 'Homonide' for confirming U saw & heard the Minister of Information said it pls querry the MINISTER OF GRAMMAR. No hiding 4 him.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by wizsultan: 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ayowumie:

The Minister did not mean that GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria in the sense being among the first persons to use fb in this country. What the minister however meant is that GEJ introduced many Nigerian politicians and public office seekers to the social networking site as a plot through which they can have access to a bulk of the youth population.

I dont blame people that mis-interpreted the minister's statement, the guy is as incoherent as GEJ, remember wat happens any time GEJ gives a major speech, people will always come to explain what he means. They are never able to coherently express their thoughts.

very well said!!!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by cougar1: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2010
Beaf:

Really? So why did you equate the blackberry and ps3 to social networks? Was it a temporary "software glitch" or was it a more permanent expression of low self esteem (of the name dropping type)?
You really need to get your issues in check.

you don't even know the meaning of social networking so i will allow your ignorance. what a spaz!

The difference between us, is that while I engage positively, you waste your energy baying at the Moon. I am attempting to build stuff, and you know what? My efforts have brought me in contact with people who actually have the same views and lots of focussed energy. Our conversations and plans are always about moving forward, not ranting about facebook like we invented it (there's real tools we invent, but thats another story cool).

good luck to you and your hosts of future builders. i will still be here when you and your mental handicaps will be holding hands, singing "amazing grace" in the belly of the beast after being consumed by the evil machinations of nigeria.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Yorubah(m): 12:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
Stupid minister in error country grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by bobmatek: 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
, Very soon, N/L will name after GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eligibility: PDP Congratulates Jonathan For Victory At Appeal Court / Oshiomhole To Return Before Campaigns Begin / Senate Denies Fashola's Claim On Budgetary Allocations To Road Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.