Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,620 members, 7,941,385 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' (14429 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Buhari Ask Nigerians To Thank GEJ For This Year's Independence Celebration! / Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by opabukun(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2010
Richfella:

Please can someone help me? I want to download the Internet grin grin.
grin grin grin kiss kiss tongue MINISTER OF INTERNET.

WE ALSO NID TO TANK BRF 4 BRINGING CARNIVAL,BIG BUSSES & LAGOON 2 LAGOS!!!

U SHLD NO DAT ANYONE THAT SAY SUCH ARRIVE LAGOS AFTER RAJI AS BECOME D GOV OF LAGOS.
SO, ITS NOT OUT OF PLACE, IF I SAY THE MINISTER GOT 2NO ABOUT FB;INTERNET AT ALL, AFTER JEG JOINED
OR WORST STILL IMMEDIATELY HE IS BEEN APPOINTED AS misINFORMATION MINISTER.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Remii(m): 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
Akpabio of Akwa Ibom has been on Facebook long before G E J, at least my Akwa Ibom gets info from him on his page since

The level of sycophancy in Africa is just unbelievable. People do and say whatever just to appease the "boss".

Go to Osun State now, the same radio / tv broadcasters praising Oyinlola to the highest heaven last month have changed tune to Aregbesola.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Danjuma04(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
grin

funny NLders. the NIGERIA in the statement meant 'WE MINISTERS'.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^ Please tell us that is a joke, . . lipsrsealed
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by DrKnow1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 23, 2010
Don't be surprised at the utterances of these old fools; Was it not in the same Nigeria that a governor was asked what mineral resources are found in his state? His answer: coca-cola, fanta and 7up! shocked
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by chubbytee: 4:01am On Dec 24, 2010
i think its about time 'BASKET MOUTH' enrolls more candidates for 'LORD OF THE RIBS'
he should start with that Minister of MIS- INFORMATION .
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by chubbytee: 4:05am On Dec 24, 2010
they (sorry to say Northern Leaders) have being at it since the 1960's
was it not one of their brothers who drank 24 cups of tea, no knowing how to say no!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by akbtunes: 6:03am On Dec 24, 2010
, e don dey madt, abi? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2010
Its a funny nation we live in, but we cant leave our OWN country!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nsiman(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2010
Oh! Joke thread
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by almoner(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2010
Ayowumie:

The Minister did not mean that GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria in the sense being among the first persons to use fb in this country. What the minister however meant is that GEJ introduced many Nigerian politicians and public office seekers to the social networking site as a plot through which they can have access to a bulk of the youth population.

I dont blame people that mis-interpreted the minister's statement, the guy is as incoherent as GEJ, remember wat happens any time GEJ gives a major speech, people will always come to explain what he means. They are never able to coherently express their thoughts.
People should learn how to listen well before they criticise their fellow individuals.
Long live the Federal Government of Nigeria!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by parosky(m): 9:56am On Dec 24, 2010
The minister's utterance is a national disgrace to say the least, and the mediocrity can only be excused by people with empty skull. You should not explain away this stupidity, an information minister owe it a duty to communicate in unambiguous words. He said what he knew to say. You should not expect someone to perform beyond his abillity especially when they are after something else (embezzling money) rather than excellence. And we should take care not to turn it into an ethnic issue so that posters will not be after defending their ethnic group.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by akbtunes: 10:44am On Dec 24, 2010
cheesy cheesy i want to first of all, on behalf of me, myself and I, jointly and severally, personally and collectively thank my self for bringing Nairaland to Nigeria; BRF for bring the Lagoon to Lagos; Prof Jega for bringing DDC Machines to Nigeria; Obasanjo for bringing Democracy to Nigeria; Pastor Adeboye for bringing xtianity to Nigeria,
grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Kx: 11:01am On Dec 24, 2010
Thank
IBB for bringing military to nigeria,
Abacha for bringing Indian Girls to Nigeria,
Abiola for bringing NITEL and Aviation to nigeria.
Gani Fawehmi for bringing judiciary to nigeria.
Dokpesi for bringing TV to nigeria.
JayJay for bringing football to Nigeria.
Julius Berger for bringing tarred roads to nigeria.
Obe for bringing university to nigeria.
Shell for bringing oil to nigeria
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by skitty: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2010
abeg help me ask wesley80, the man na your father? why are you taking it personal.abi somthing else dey?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2010
Shame to WESLEY80 & ALMONER-the two shoe shiners of the minister! No wonda they're defending him wit their last blood,
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Rhino5dm: 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
I dey laugh oo! grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by tunde247: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2010
facebook
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by phreakabit(m): 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2010
GEJ introduced social networking to Nigerian (even African) politics. That is what the Minister meant, he was 100% correct. Cool

He is not the pioneer oh!

Doesn't Fashola have Facebook, even AFF account sef ?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Babatunde-Raji-Fashola/32609636260

http://www.adultfriendfinder.com/Babatunde-Raji-Fashola

smiley  smiley  smiley see!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Faeb: 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2010
Is this thread still going? Una get power o!
Just don't waste it.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2010
Kx:

Thank
IBB for bringing military to nigeria,
Abacha for bringing Indian Girls to Nigeria,
Abiola for bringing NITEL and Aviation to nigeria.
Gani Fawehmi for bringing judiciary to nigeria.
Dokpesi for bringing TV to nigeria.
JayJay for bringing football to Nigeria.
Julius Berger for bringing tarred roads to nigeria.
Obe for bringing university to nigeria.
Shell for bringing oil to nigeria

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by okan1(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2010
some of u guys are getting wrong, blame or abuse the man not his tribe, thanks.
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2010
grin, lol, some ministers are so dumb, like the present transport minister who said a train capsized instead of derailed, while addressing the press and he didnt even have the understanding to know he had goofed, i was really embarrased for him, lol shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by poweredcom(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2011

"I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria"- Minister of Information; Labaran Maku(on AIT-during the launching)

Another National  Embarrassment @ President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 'Facebook' Launch!

"I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing The Internet To Nigeria
"- Minister of Information; Labaran Maku(on AIT-during the launching)

SHAME SHAME SHAME
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2011
stup-id people

angry angry angry
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by nyabingi(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
do you know that research has shown that the north has actually taken nigeria thirty years backward when compared with its peers like ghana through their incompetence handling of national affairs for more than thirty years of northern ruler ship, much of their short falls are attributed to their religious beliefs which to some extent hampers development and promotes poverty!!!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by nyabingi(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2012
do you know that research has shown that the north has actually taken nigeria thirty years backward when compared with its peers like ghana through their incompetence handling of national affairs for more than thirty years of northern ruler ship, much of their short falls are attributed to their religious beliefs which to some extent hampers development and promotes poverty!!!
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by olaak1(m): 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
This is ridiculous I mean the information minister said that 4 real; is he well informed at all?
Re: I Want To Thank GEJ For Bringing Facebook To Nigeria' by tellodds: 6:58am On Aug 16, 2018
kcjazz:

Kai Minister!

Also thank GEJ for bringing sunlight to Nigeria. I am on a mission to bring Twitter and MySpace to Nigeria grin

You seem to have failed in the MySpace mission

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Kabir Marafa: "We Know The Zamfara Criminals But Can't Name Them" / Governor Ihedioha Pays December Salaries, Pensions / Falana, Utomi Others Set To Unveil New Political Movement On October 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.