Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,125 members, 7,896,810 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:19 PM

Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review (6839 Views)

Tecno P5 Compartable Games And Andriod Games Review / All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) / S60v1 & 2 Applications And Games Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2010
What is d os on ur 3G?
Joseph.D:

How do u switch off d cellular data wen der is no ON n OFF button der? Or is it d roaming button?

. . .and pls how do I optimally use cydia on my iphone 3g? Tanx.
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by JosephD3: 12:30am On Dec 29, 2010
Its d BSD operating system dats on my iphone 3g.
. . .how do I stop d mtn network 4rm takin credit 4rm my iphone even witout browsin? I am tired of using d airplane mode 2 checkmate dis problem.
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 29, 2010
Joseph.D:

. . .how do I stop d mtn network 4rm takin credit 4rm my iphone even witout browsin? I am tired of using d airplane mode 2 checkmate dis problem.
I don't know what bsd means but I guess this is what u need.

http://unlockit.co.nz/#_Home

Choose d fake APN option n follow instruction .
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by ogagusps3: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2010
Can someone please help, ?
My jailbroken iPhone keeps crashing and goes into safe mode after it comes back on.
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by notmyname: 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2010
I guys, its pharuk, for some reason i got kicked off my username (anti-spam blah-blah) because i was referencing my source?? anyway
Joseph.D:

you can switch it from your settings, or if you want an easier way, go to cydia (jailbroken device alone) search for sbsettings
ogagusps3:

Can someone please help, ?
My jailbroken iPhone keeps crashing and goes into safe mode after it comes back on.

you must have installed something that is not compartable with your iOS. when it goes to safe mode, go to cydia>>package>> and remove your last installed programme.
If you just added cydia and have not installed anything, u need to try another jailbreak software that will be compartable to your firmware.
Joseph.D:

Pls o! Wat 9ja network allows me use d gprs on my iphone 3g to browse? I just downloaded operamini n bolt for iphone, how do I use it? My iphone is already jail broken because I see cydia. Dont even knw how 2 use cydia. How do I know if my iphone 3g is unlocked or not? Tanx.

you know if your device is unlocked when it takes all sim,
if u have cydia then its already jailbroken.

how to use cydia or perhaps what you use cydia for:
Cydia’s repositories allow the installation of software packages, most of which are available to download at no cost. You can add these sources / repositories / repos yourself and have access to all types of packages to download and install on your iDevice (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)

Manually Adding a Source to Cydia:
1. Find the Cydia application on your iPhone’s SpringBoard.
2. Tap on the Cydia icon. This will open the Cydia application.
3. Select the Manage option on the lower menu bar.
4. Here you will see two options; Packages and Source. You will want to select the Sources option
5. This will bring you to the list of sources that are already installed on your iPhone or iPod Touch
6. To add a new source, select Edit in the upper right corner.
7. Now select Add in the upper left corner.
8. This will bring up a pop-up in which you can enter the url for the source. Do not delete the http://. Just begin typing the url after the http://. The source url needs to be typed into your iPhone/iPod Touch perfectly. Make sure if there are capitol or lower case letters in the url, that you enter them into your iPhone exactly the same. Be careful to watch for words that your iPhone might automatically capitalize that are not capitalized in the url.
9. Once the url has been entered, select Add Source.
10. Wait for the sources to update.
11. Once the sources are finished updating, select the Return to Cydia option at the bottom of the page.

12. This will bring you back to the list of sources. Select Done in the upper right corner.
13. The source has now been added to your sources list and the applications in that source have been added to Cydia.

these are a list of cydia sources (after http://,  add the following, )
iPhoneTechie.com:                   cydia.myrepospace.com/iPhoneTechie
SiNfuL iPhone:                         www.sinfuliphonerepo.com           
xSellize:                                 cydia.xsellize.com
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by akabad: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2010
Na wah ohh,  Nairaland, while trying to answer some questions, my username got marked as spam,
will try and reply without inserting any link, 
Joseph.D:

Pls o! Wat 9ja network allows me use d gprs on my iphone 3g to browse? I just downloaded operamini n bolt for iphone, how do I use it? My iphone is already jail broken because I see cydia. Dont even knw how 2 use cydia. How do I know if my iphone 3g is unlocked or not? Tanx.
you know if your device is unlocked when it takes all sim,
if u have cydia then its already jailbroken.

how to use cydia or perhaps what you use cydia for:
Cydia’s repositories allow the installation of software packages, most of which are available to download at no cost. You can add these sources / repositories / repos yourself and have access to all types of packages to download and install on your iDevice (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)

Manually Adding a Source to Cydia:
1. Find the Cydia application on your iPhone’s SpringBoard.
2. Tap on the Cydia icon. This will open the Cydia application.
3. Select the Manage option on the lower menu bar.
4. Here you will see two options; Packages and Source. You will want to select the Sources option
5. This will bring you to the list of sources that are already installed on your iPhone or iPod Touch
6. To add a new source, select Edit in the upper right corner.
7. Now select Add in the upper left corner.
8. This will bring up a pop-up in which you can enter the url for the source. Do not delete the http://. Just begin typing the url after the http://. The source url needs to be typed into your iPhone/iPod Touch perfectly. Make sure if there are capitol or lower case letters in the url, that you enter them into your iPhone exactly the same. Be careful to watch for words that your iPhone might automatically capitalize that are not capitalized in the url.
9. Once the url has been entered, select Add Source.
10. Wait for the sources to update.
11. Once the sources are finished updating, select the Return to Cydia option at the bottom of the page.

12. This will bring you back to the list of sources. Select Done in the upper right corner.
13. The source has now been added to your sources list and the applications in that source have been added to Cydia.

you can also:
search for installous and winterboard from cydia and install, go back to cydia after the system has rebooted and navigate to the theme section, install anyone, go to winterboard and select the theme you installed and your device will reboot applying your new theme.

you can download apps and games from installous
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by n3rve(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2010
@Ogagusp3
This is suppose to be a review thread, I'm not sure your inquiry is welcome here. What iPhone do you have, OS version? I have that problem too and as far as I know, it's caused by Winterboard crashing, you may want to try uninstalling and re-installing it before evaluating other options.

-[n3rve]
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by ogagusps3: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2010
^^ I've fixed the problem.
It was the bite SMS app that caused it to crash so install at your own risk
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2010
ogagusps3:

^^ I've fixed the problem.
It was the bite SMS app that caused it to crash so install at your own risk
I was gonna reply ages back, but i got kicked off from my username by the anti-spam stuff.
anayway, i dont think bitesms wld make ur cydia crash,  except if you installed it from a wrong source, (install it from BigBoss source) Bitesms, is one of the coolest app for sms and i will still recomend it.

Back to the topic
Have you guys tried
1 iScheduler (sinful repo): its kind of cool as it automates everything for me, i have a wake up time and i run my morning devotion by 7am, so automatically it starts without touching the phone,

2:Iprotect (sinful Repo) you can lock indivdual programes and even when your sim is changed (very useful if u have a nosy girl friend)

3: Iphone delivery (xsellize): one of the flaws of iphone compared to other phones i have used it that u hardly know if your message was delivered or not, but not anymore, works well with bitesms (sorry ogagusps3)

4:gun keyboard sound: gives a gun sound when typing
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by dehning(m): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2010
The old BiteSMS is not compatible with 4.2.1, it crashed mine also. There is a new version but I have not tried it yet.

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/12/28/how-to-make-bitesms-work-on-ios-4-2-1/
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2010
dehning:

The old BiteSMS is not compatible with 4.2.1, it crashed mine also. There is a new version but I have not tried it yet.

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/12/28/how-to-make-bitesms-work-on-ios-4-2-1/

havent updated my firmware to 4.2.1 am still on 4.1 and bitesms 5.0 works well am delighted soo far cheesy cheesy grin grin
i have more than 70 apps (jailbreak ofcourse) if i upgrade, i will loose them, and not all is compartable to 4.2.1 for now plus the stress of reinstalling them again, i think am happy now

except there is an app to backup everything (including cracked apps and my purchase from itunes) then i might give it a go
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 10:21am On Dec 30, 2010
Joseph.D:

fastest way for me:
go to cydia>>search>>sbsettings>>install>>reboot
on your home screen,swipe the top with your thumb and the page will open, then u can control 3g, wireless, bluetooth, data, you can even check your available ram memory and lots more,
see pic

Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by n3rve(m): 12:31am On Feb 07, 2011
pharuk:

havent updated my firmware to 4.2.1 am still on 4.1 and bitesms 5.0 works well am delighted soo far cheesy cheesy grin grin
i have more than 70 apps (jailbreak ofcourse) if i upgrade, i will loose them, and not all is compartable to 4.2.1 for now plus the stress of reinstalling them again,  i think am happy now

except there is an app to backup everything (including cracked apps and my purchase from itunes) then i might give it a go

For one, you're missing out on the new features.

-[n3rve]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Tekken 6 PPSSPP Android Game ISO PSP File For Free / How To Set The Payload Generator For MTN Free Browsing On HTTP Injector VPN / MTN Introduced Unlimited Daily Data Plan For Just N150

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.