Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,818 members, 7,872,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:00 PM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment (931245 Views)

Police Releases Names Of Successful Candidates For 2020 Recruitment Exercise / Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 8:17pm On Aug 27, 2021
Olamighty18:

Well, what an officer told us and what is written in the appointment letter is that we are all on probation till after satisfactory conduct, training and all. But immediately after confirmation, those with 1 star � will automatically upgrade to 2 stars. So, I want to believe that during this period, you should be able to do your upgrade and conversion.. Na Officer there tell us too.. No be my own idea or perception o.

You must have misunderstood the Senior Officer's words if at all he said what you claimed he said.

This is how it works...

The confirmation of appointment is for all newly recruited personnel both Officers and Men. It comes for everyone after two years of appointment and good conducts. It doesn't necessarily mean getting promoted to a new rank, rather, it seals up your appointment and you are no longer under probation. That's the reason you ll have your Service Details appear in two places in Official Gazette of the Federal Republic. One will show your date of appointment while the second will show date of confirmation of appointment. (i.e two years after your date of appointment). This is for everybody regardless of your rank. You ll get to know about Gazatte at your State Command or Formation you are posted to when it is time for you to be Gazetted. It is compulsory for all. There is another thing we call COMPRO EXAMS. You all must write and pass the exams. There is category for both Senior and Junior officer.

Now, what the said Senior Officer may probably be referring to is called ADVANCEMENT. It is also called confirmation. The reason the man called it that way. It is ONLY meant for those who joined the service with One Star. They are to get the the second star after two years on the Job. That's the reason he said you ll be confirmed/advanced after two years. Note: the advancement may not come exactly after your two years in the Service. It may be delayed due to administrative bottlenecks but whenever the advancement list comes, it will be backdated to the exact date of your two years in the job. After that, the standard number of years you ll be due for next Promotion ll start counting.

Each Grade Level has a number of years to be counted before one is elegible for Promotion as stated by the Public Service Rules. Also, being eligible for promotion doesn't mean one must be promoted. I ll advise you all to get a copy of Public Service Rules and start digesting it expecially the Senior Officers.

See the attachment below...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
Sir Suppoomoo thank you for always being with us...we appreciate... Really excited that you talked to us...please some of us are naive and ask questions repeatedly do well to answer and throw more light when available...someone mentioned about doing masters for someone who applied with Nce/Ond but had B.sc...since the B.sc was not tendered at point of receuiment how feasible is this latest info....thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by frank2zee: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
Ssce guys... Just relax and sacrifice at least six years for suffer... E no easy but ders little you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 8:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
This one weak me so only ASI are eligible for advancement... This is getting interesting oh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
frank2zee:
Ssce guys... Just relax and sacrifice at least six years for suffer... E no easy but ders little you can do about it.

After six years what next...I think we have to really know the ranks one climbs from the assistant cadre... Seems their are some hidden cadres one get promoted to.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hmmmm....Hope it won't take someone 10 years from Assistant cadre to AII
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by oteikwu16(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
Profmike4:
Hmmmm....Hope it won't take someone 10 years from Assistant cadre to AII

Hmmmmmm!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Epistasis(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
Kindly help my ignorance, what's the meaning of one, two stars in paramilitary?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Explicit02: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
Epistasis:
google ranks in paramilitary it will help u know better bro
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Epistasis:

Level 08 Assistant Superintendent II = *
Level 09 Assistant Superintendent I =**
Level 10 Deputy Superintendent = ***
Level 11 Superintendent
Level 12 Chief Superintendent
Level 13 Assistant Comptroller
Level 14 Deputy Comptroller
Level 15 Comptroller
Level 16 Assistant Comptroller General
Level 17 Deputy Comptroller General
Level 18 Comptroller General

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2021
Thanks2God:
Though i have Degree but applied with N.C.E

During my documentation, one of the top officer wen about to sign my form after vetting my N.C.E certificate, asked me if am currently running my Bsc, I answered NO, that I already have Degree certificate but applied with N.C.E.
She said, why did do that because your Degree is now useless
. I answered her that I have used my degree certificate to apply 3 times and it work, I den decided to use lower certificate. She replied "and now u got the job... I said ma, that's the situation Nigeria Graduate found themselves.
She said "after 2years of confirmation, you can Apply for study Leave to go and do your Masters. Attach your Admission letter to the Application then wait for Approval, and make sure your study doesn't affect your official duty"
I replied, thank u ma for the Advice, but can someone use Masters instead of doing another Bsc. She answered "yes of course, the requirements ASI 2 say minimum of Bsc/HND so masters is acceptable because it above the minimum requirements"

I think getting approval for Study is were the challenge lies because after 2years there will be massive application for study leave
and there may maximum number of study leave application to be approved per period.

Those that know the chances of getting Study leave approval can throw more light,

The Officer has said it all. The ball is now in your court as to how to get study approval and other things ll follow.

My advice:-- Don't join those bittered Junior Officers that will be showing disdainful attitude to Senior Officers in the name of "I also have BSc grin grin"

There is this common saying that "YOU WILL NOT BE THERE WHEN DECISION IS BEING TAKEN ABOUT YOU.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
RivuletStream:

Level 08 Assistant Superintendent I = *
Level 09 Assistant Superintendent II =**
Level 10 Deputy Superintendent = ***
Level 11 Superintendent
Level 12 Chief Superintendent
Level 13 Assistant Comptroller
Level 14 Deputy Comptroller
Level 15 Comptroller
Level 16 Assistant Comptroller General
Level 17 Deputy Comptroller General
Level 18 Comptroller General

Kindly edit your post...

AS II is Level 08
AS I is Level 09

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

Kindly edit your post...

ASC II is Level 08
ASC I is Level 09

It was an error from my side. Thanks for the correction.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Dolliz: 10:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
am getting pissed off with the job already I also have a Bsc degree but applied with ssce though my reason was as a result of bad degree result.

But is it not possible to tender those results during this documentation and be upgrad? Even if it's has to part with cash?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by frank2zee: 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
Dolliz:
am getting pissed off with the job already I also have a Bsc degree but applied with ssce though my reason was as a result of bad degree result.

But is it not possible to tender those results during this documentation and be upgrad? Even if it's has to part with cash?

No way
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by oteikwu16(m): 5:49am On Aug 28, 2021
Dolliz:

Naaaa!... Not possible bro
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 6:39am On Aug 28, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

The Officer has said it all. The ball is now in your court as to how to get study approval and other things ll follow.

My advice:-- Don't join those bittered Junior Officers that will be showing disdainful attitude to Senior Officers in the name of "I also have BSc grin grin"

There is this common saying that "YOU WILL NOT BE THERE WHEN DECISION IS BEING TAKEN ABOUT YOU.
Hahahah...no need to be disgruntled na...its a fatherly advice sha...thank you...after the study leave all things being equal from what I understand that means its possible to jump from AII to ASI during upgrade/conversion(I.e jumping more than 2 other ranks to ASI II)
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Mustbe28: 8:02am On Aug 28, 2021
Wahala for us that have degree but decided to use ssce for one reason or the other
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Mosunmolade: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2021
The truth is that study leave won't be granted for everyone and conversion is not easy and won't be for everyone as well. If conversion is that easy there won't be any junior officers. Conversion may come once in 10 to 15 years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 8:54am On Aug 28, 2021
The thing don tie wrapper
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 8:57am On Aug 28, 2021
thought conversion/upgrade goes along with when any promotion list is released
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by GhostOfAPA: 8:57am On Aug 28, 2021
Mustbe28:
Wahala for us that have degree but decided to use ssce for one reason or the other
since we are insiders now, I just feel you should be friendly especially with people in Human Resource department,so that when there is vacancies (replacement,study permit and coversion)yqou'll getting1st hand information,because slot for replacement is due to vacancies..forgive my English I sy work a beg..
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by UjMerc: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2021
Please who have idea, of how posting will be after induction and training.
Will I be posted to my State of Origin or any state of their choice?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2021
GhostOfAPA:
since we are insiders now, I just feel you should be friendly especially with people in Human Resource department,so that when there is vacancies (replacement,study permit and coversion)yqou'll getting1st hand information,because slot for replacement is due to vacancies..forgive my English I sy work a beg..

You people's best bet is to keep applying to other vacancies that comes up in other places/agencies. Or lobby for study permit and after study doesn't mean immediate promotion o.
Else you might spend long years of your life in recruit cadre.

The lobby for promotion and conversion is as tough as the lobby to get the job.

The fact that you know you have a degree is what that will keep making you sad.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Mosunmolade: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2021
SuppoOmoo:

You must have misunderstood the Senior Officer's words if at all he said what you claimed he said.

This is how it works...

The confirmation of appointment is for all newly recruited personnel both Officers and Men. It comes for everyone after two years of appointment and good conducts. It doesn't necessarily mean getting promoted to a new rank, rather, it seals up your appointment and you are no longer under probation. That's the reason you ll have your Service Details appear in two places in Official Gazette of the Federal Republic. One will show your date of appointment while the second will show date of confirmation of appointment. (i.e two years after your date of appointment). This is for everybody regardless of your rank. You ll get to know about Gazatte at your State Command or Formation you are posted to when it is time for you to be Gazetted. It is compulsory for all. There is another thing we call COMPRO EXAMS. You all must write and pass the exams. There is category for both Senior and Junior officer.

Now, what the said Senior Officer may probably be referring to is called ADVANCEMENT. It is also called confirmation. The reason the man called it that way. It is ONLY meant for those who joined the service with One Star. They are to get the the second star after two years on the Job. That's the reason he said you ll be confirmed/advanced after two years. Note: the advancement may not come exactly after your two years in the Service. It may be delayed due to administrative bottlenecks but whenever the advancement list comes, it will be backdated to the exact date of your two years in the job. After that, the standard number of years you ll be due for next Promotion ll start counting.

Each Grade Level has a number of years to be counted before one is elegible for Promotion as stated by the Public Service Rules. Also, being eligible for promotion doesn't mean one must be promoted. I ll advise you all to get a copy of Public Service Rules and start digesting it expecially the Senior Officers.

See the attachment below...

Thanks for your analysis bro, please can you shed more lights to those with professional qualifications like Doctors, Engineers, masters, lawyers and accountants. Would the qualification give them a step ahead or what are the benefits of presenting a professional qualifications. I'm aware that through the camp process everyone would be placed on one star.
In the scheme of service for civil servants, entry level for ANAN and ICAN are level 9 and 10 respectively and a doctor is placed on level 10.
Does this happens in paramilitary or everyone is placed on one star at entry level?
Thanks
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by irepmyuniben: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2021
Mosunmolade:

Thanks for your analysis bro, please can you shed more lights to those with professional qualifications like Doctors, Engineers, masters, lawyers and accountants. Would the qualification give them a step ahead or what are the benefits of presenting a professional qualifications. I'm aware that through the camp process everyone would be placed on one star.
In the scheme of service for civil servants, entry level for ANAN and ICAN are level 9 and 10 respectively and a doctor is placed on level 10.
Does this happens in paramilitary or everyone is placed on one star at entry level?
Thanks
It is impossible to recruit a medical doctor as ASI II. The other professionals if recruited as 1 star automatically becomes General duty and the Board see them in the light of their first degree only. Nigeria Correctional Service recruited professionals on different grade level but not NIS
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by irepmyuniben: 11:54am On Aug 28, 2021
Newly recruited getting pissed off because they did not present their highest degree during the recruitment process is not getting the right picture

1) There is a slim chance of being recruited with your First degree than other lower qualifications. Your certificate is as good as what you use it for. A first degree holder without a job is not better than an employed SSCE holder.

2) The under- employment clause on your appointment letter is clear. You cannot present a certificate you obtained before the job for upgrading. This cannot be fair to those that decided to apply with their first degre certificate and did not get the job because of stiff competition

3) The paramilitary service is even lenient. In the military, you have to wait till there is a general recruitment to even present yourself for Conversion to the officer's cadre.

4) Bad blood, feeling bad is a very bad sign that you have chosen the wrong career path. People that have never worked for the government can succeed more. Nobody is enslaving you. Just make your choice and decisions

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Mosunmolade: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2021
irepmyuniben:
It is impossible to recruit a medical doctor as ASI II. The other professionals if recruited as 1 star automatically becomes General duty and the Board see them in the light of their first degree only. Nigeria Correctional Service recruited professionals on different grade level but not NIS

General duty are those on field work right? How would their profession carried out when they work out of office? Do you mean to say support staff? Cos they work from office and that's where their duties are.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by naijakrook: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
irepmyuniben:
Newly recruited getting pissed off because they did not present their highest degree during the recruitment process is not getting the right picture

1) There is a slim chance of being recruited with your First degree than other lower qualifications. Your certificate is as good as what you use it for. A first degree holder without a job is not better than an employed SSCE holder.

2) The under- employment clause on your appointment letter is clear. You cannot present a certificate you obtained before the job for upgrading. This cannot be fair to those that decided to apply with their first degre certificate and did not get the job because of stiff competition

3) The paramilitary service is even lenient. In the military, you have to wait till there is a general recruitment to even present yourself for Conversion to the officer's cadre.

4) Bad blood, feeling bad is a very bad sign that you have chosen the wrong career path. People that have never worked for the government can succeed more. Nobody is enslaving you. Just make your choice and decisions

Well said brother. May I ask, since one cannot present a certificate obtained before the job for conversion/ upgrading, what then is the fate of the candidate that joined the Service with a lower qualification like SSCE or ND but about graduating either Masters or PhD? When he finish, can he present that result for consideration since his case is not captured in the clause?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Sikpa04(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2021
I just want to drop my own advice for y'all that are officers now who are already feeling bad cause you applied with a lower degree instead of your Bsc/HND.

Your rank shouldn't be the benchmark of your success. Some of you will have the opportunity to convert, some won't. Regardless, what matters is that you're able to attend to your responsibilities (family n all) and other things.

The moment you get into service, I'd advice you have a side hustle you do. Use your salary to invest in different opportunities outside service. Don't spend money anyhow (because that's what most newly recruited officers do). Being an Immigration assistant doesn't mean you won't be successful in life.

I know junior officers in the Police and Army who are comfortable with their lives than some senior Officers. So y'all should keep calm and enjoy this paramilitary job.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by irepmyuniben: 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mosunmolade:

General duty are those on field work right? How would their profession carried out when they work out of office? Do you mean to say support staff? Cos they work from office and that's where their duties are.
General duty: can be posted anywhere within the service. Office or field work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (343) (Reply)

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme / Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.