Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,960 members, 7,949,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Falz Finally Break Silence, Speak’s About Youths Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Falz Finally Break Silence, Speak’s About Youths Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow (320 Views)

Shallipopi Calls Burnaboy As Burnaboy Speak About Wizkid & Davido's Beef (Video) / Love Not Enough To Keep A Marriage- Tchidi Chikere Finally Breaks Silence, Speak / Nigerians Speak About Their Sex For Grades Experiences (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Falz Finally Break Silence, Speak’s About Youths Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow by Juicyupdate1(f): 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Nigeria rapper, Folarin Folana popularly known as Falz, says the youth have been told they’re leaders of tomorrow even when tomorrow doesn’t seem to be forthcoming.

The 29-year-old artist, and a prestigious lawyer, disclosed this while speaking with HipTV about his motivation for making what he described as “conscious music”.

He added by saying that as much as music remains a tool for causing thrills, the craft should also be leveraged on by Nigerian artistes towards addressing matters of social importance.

“Music is an entertainment tool but it’ll still medium with which to speak up and inspire posterity. They’ve been telling us we’re leaders of tomorrow since but we’re still waiting for tomorrow,” he said.

“I’m among the new generation and I’m making conscious music. It’s also a channel through which I convey emotions. I could eat amala-ewedu and later decide to sing about it in studio.”

Falz has made headlines for his socially conscious projects — including ‘Moral Instruction’ (2019) and ‘This is Nigeria’ (2018) that caused heated criticisms and legal threats.

“I’ve never claimed I’m faultless. But I feel that we have to develop principles and rejig our morals if we’re going to move forward and get out of the chaos we’re in right now,” he had once said.

“As entertainers, we have a huge voice and platform. If I don’t use that to speak truths, or to attempt steering my people in the right direction, then I feel like I’m doing a disservice.”

(1) (Reply)

Ogbanje Spirit Is The Cause Of Homosexuality - Pete Edochie / Burna Boy Is The First African Artiste To Hit 50 Million Streams On Spotify / Family Chops With The Baddest (davido)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.