Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,726 members, 7,914,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:33 PM

My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me (7492 Views)

My Boyfriend Called Me A Gold Digger / Have You Ever Been Sleeping With A Lady When Her Boyfriend Called / My Boyfriend Called Me A Gossiper And I Feel Hurt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by Taywon: 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
Food.... Wey don tire some people...

I dont even like eating at parties....
Wetin i neva chop b4....

Op na u f**k up...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by dominique(f): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2020
Osyxcel:

One of the few reasonable posts here.

I've made a vow that when I'm organizing a party, food will not be a problem. If there was enough food, the woman would have just left her since she was already served, not to talk of taking a spoon.

Like you pointed out, her only fault is being insulting as well by replying the woman.

For the boyfriend, I hope his behavior is because he has experienced something similar before. If not, then he still needs more wisdom and patience.

For the OP, learn to control your urge for food and ensure you take something before going for a party, that way, food doesn't become a bother.

Most importantly control the use of her tongue. How can you go to your boyfriend's family function and start exchanging insults? Would that family want such a rude girl be married into them. Her collecting food meant for someone else is not the cause of her break-up, her caustic tongue is.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by fredopareto(m): 1:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
Hmm..d guy should b careful otherwise she will eat d placenta of her baby..to quench hunger...
Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by CuteEmma(f): 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2020
Paxie55:

Exactly. I eat alot, even more than the op. And my Boo, is very okay with it.
The guy is probably broke and afraid of future.
She was fighting in the presence of the guy's family over food that isn't hers.. It's embarrassing, biko.

I believe that woman started complaining from the second Op touched the plate of food, but she simply refused to give it to the woman.
Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by khiaa(f): 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tife556:
I was at a party today with my bf ..it was his cousin's wedding... After everything and it was time for food at the reception... My bf was greeting some guests and the caterer sharing the food brought me rice...I just took a spoon and behold I saw a woman behind the caterer saying the food isn't for me.. I told her am eating already I can't release the food anymore...
Then she began shouting at the caterer before I knew it..people were gathering and I politely told her to leave the caterer alone since she made a mistake but she faced me instead....I was furious and we rained insult on each other..my bf had to drag me away from there...
He took me outside and said all sorts of things to me , even called me a glutton without knowing what really happened...And he said he was tired of my eating attitude and needed a break ..The painful part was when he said all the food I eat goes to waste without it showing in me..I was really hurt and I left there angrily...but I was really ashamed because his mum was there....
I admit I eat a lot but I just can't control my urge for food...
I don't know if I should be angry or apologize to my bf ...
Someone pls help me

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You were at a wedding party and the caterer served you food, like they should do all of the guest. You took a spoonful of the rice when the lady I assume was the host told you the food wasn't for you, am I understanding you so far?

You told the host that you had already eaten some of the food and what should you do with it, after all you couldn't put it back with the rest of the food?

The host started yelling at the caterer for doing her job and you asked the host to not blame the caterer. The host turned on you and you exchange words and I'm believing it was a verbal fight and not a physical one. Here's my take on the situation.

1. That host was rude and classless, lack decorum, with no correct home training.

2. If I were a guest at that party I would have put the food on the table and left. Why wern't you welcomed to the food if you were a guest?

3. Don't blame yourself for the actions of mannerless people but I think you should have ignored her words and left, it's obvious you weren't welcomed there.

4. Your boyfriend owes you an apology and he should have had your back and questioned the lady for mistreating you, that's if he truly cares about you.

5. I think your boyfriend called you those names and acted the way he did because he doesn't want to be with you anymore and he is using this situation as his way out.

I hope I can shed some light on the situation coming from my perspective.
Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
Look don't lose yourself because of any man. He is tired of the relationship just looking for a way to call it off since. By normal standards he should stand by you in a fight instead of this silly excuses.

Liking food should not be an issue in a relationship and most people here forming temperance in eating are just pretending. They are the type that cry at event when not served food.
I'm in the caterering line so I know what I'm saying. Some literally cry for food but in your case, the service girl made a mistake and it will be highly unprofessional to serve some else that same food that youve dipped your hands. That woman is obviously a local caterer and lacks etiquette's of catering.

My dear, if you feel the need to apologize, do. But I don't see the need for that as you are not at fault.
Ditch his ass if he's still proving difficult.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Lostz:
you will marry a woman who fight for food in public?

the kind of comments I see on nairaland make me wonder if here is filled with sex starved simps looking to attract women.
most guys here seems to think a woman is never wrong

Kia she quarreled because of food... Have you not seem people quarreling of water, space ... Are you not in Nigeria. Here you can't avoid issues from people you have to raise your voice to pass some things oga and if my woman was quarreling I would have spoken first with her and the opponent then advice her that she would have walked out.

In my opinion please be cleared ..
Never judge a book by it cover...
Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by tendawarrior1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
it's not about d food. it's d fighting outside. dre are some places u don't fight. every human shud have lines dey won't cross.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
Mayb u eat 2much....... Are u fat

Re: My Boyfriend Called Me A Glutton And Broke Up With Me by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
Tife556:
I was at a party today with my bf ..it was his cousin's wedding... After everything and it was time for food at the reception... My bf was greeting some guests and the caterer sharing the food brought me rice...I just took a spoon and behold I saw a woman behind the caterer saying the food isn't for me.. I told her am eating already I can't release the food anymore... Then she began shouting at the caterer before I knew it..people were gathering and I politely told her to leave the caterer alone since she made a mistake but she faced me instead....I was furious and we rained insult on each other..my bf had to drag me away from there...
He took me outside and said all sorts of things to me , even called me a glutton without knowing what really happened...And he said he was tired of my eating attitude and needed a break ..The painful part was when he said all the food I eat goes to waste without it showing in me..I was really hurt and I left there angrily...but I was really ashamed because his mum was there....
I admit I eat a lot but I just can't control my urge for food...
I don't know if I should be angry or apologize to my bf ...
Someone pls help me
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Weirdest Things Partners Say When Making Love / MEN!! These Are The 4 MAJOR Kinds Of SIMPS!! Do Not Be Any One Of Them! (Photos) / What Can A Man Do To Make A Woman Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.