Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:59 PM

How Do I Cope With This Behaviour - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With This Behaviour (4828 Views)

How Do I Cope With The Loss Of My Sister? / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister / I'm Worried About My Son's Behaviour. Is He Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Cope With This Behaviour by Missis: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Like, for how many years now had he done such to you?

Since we got married, every year.
Re: How Do I Cope With This Behaviour by Kaypols(f): 4:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
Maybe you married a stingy Man. it because he does not want to spend money, and he knows if he should acknowledge your birthday it will be akward if it does not come with a gift

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Behaviour by pozehnani(f): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
This is why I like myself. If someone decides to act like he doesn't care about me, I'll begin to care more for myself.

Since he's not interested in your birthday wahala and I'm sure when it's his birthday, he doesn't disturb you, ill advise you take yourself out. Treat yourself to a nice wine and correct Chinese cuisine. That's all. Don't depend your happiness on someone; You'll only get frustrated for nothing.

This might not be coming early, but I'm sure you're still with hubby and he prolly still doesn't give a hoot about your bufday. So, this advice of mine will still be useful to you.

Happy bufday in Arrears. grin.
May God bless your current age and give you many more years ahead.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With This Behaviour by Fvcknames: 12:05am On Oct 14, 2020
Missis:
Mods please no front page for privacy reasons, thanks

So yesterday was my birthday and my hubby completely ignored it as usual. Like he always does every year. I don't know why he does this, I told him before that I would like some kind of acknowledgement on my birthdays even if he doesn't take me out or buy expensive gifts he should at least maybe say a prayer for me but he still continues to act like he does not know it's my birthday, since the second year of our marriage he had been doing this.

It's very hurtful because he knows I like to be remembered on my birthday but he just ignores it. We don't go out anywhere, we don't do anything else to bond as a couple because he looks down on things like that, no random gifts, doesnt give me money unless I beg, no acknowledging anniversaries unless I bring it up. So I wanted just that one day to be the day he remembers me or does something special but he ignored it again.

I am trying to overlook his deliberate inconsiderate act because I reminded him two days ago about it and have been telling him for a while.

I know I might sound like I am taking little things serious but I am very hurt he isn't taking me serious about something that means a lot to me........Keeps doing the same thing every year. Is this not wickedness?

Abeg no insult me, am a sensitive person. lipsrsealed
I can't excuse him not buying gifts for you and taking you out on any random day but I can excuse him for forgetting your birthdays even if it sounds harsh. You can try and judge from how he celebrates his own birthdays. Like you said he doesn't do anything on anniversaries, some people are just like that. Even if you tell me that tomorrow is your birthday I'll still forget if you like put a gun to my head. I suggest you simply remind him on the particular day then suggest where you want to go. Tell him to at least take you out once in a while and it doesn't have to be on "special days"
Re: How Do I Cope With This Behaviour by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 14, 2020
How would my wife expect me to remember her Birthday when I dey even forget my own sef grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Baby Is Not Pooping / Is There No Legal Way Of Child Adoption In Nigeria?? / Quiz: Are You A Shy Kitten Or A Wild Tigress In Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.