Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,600 members, 7,932,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:09 PM

An Iroko Tale By Tosan Tarre - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Iroko Tale By Tosan Tarre (338 Views)

The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor (2) By Tosan Tarre / The Tale Of My Greedy Neighbor By Tosan Tarre / "The Houseboy" A Short Story By Tosan Tarre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Iroko Tale By Tosan Tarre by libby01(f): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mma's eyes flew open; was that not the crow of the cock? She listened, the cock crew again and Mma was up at once! She picked up the old lantern that was at the foot of her bed, turned the wick higher and made to wake up her two daughters.

"We must hurry if we want to get a good spot at the market today," she spoke excitedly to the girls who were yet to be fully awake. "The cock has been crowing since, I must have overslept! Gladys, did you already put those fabrics together in one place as I told you to last night? Where are the pots I arranged most carefully here only yesterday morning? Emma, if you don't get up from there at once, I will rub pepper into your eyes to clear it open! Lazy girls! So neither of you could wake up earlier, abi? Gladys, bring me that basket and be fast about it, you're not in labour! Emma! EMMA!! If the sun meets me still in this house, you will know the daughter of whom you are today!"

What Mma did not know was that it was going to be hours before any sun met her; the cock had deceived her https:///PUE

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Guys, I Need Something / Covid - 19: Influences Of Social Media (tips To Learn About Social Media) / Mafian Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.