Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,046 members, 7,886,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States (66535 Views)

List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun / Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus / Tunde Bakare Donates Church Halls To Lagos, Ogun As Isolation Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by proffemi: 10:53am On Mar 19, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by jaymichael(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2020
spiritedtete:
Utter rubbish... what is the meaning of using house fellowship when it is possible a member might bring it to the fellowship.

I am a reedemed member... but this is absolute greed on the church part.

I am afraid... for alot of gullible blinded worshippers.
NO.4 "collation of necessary reports" We know what that one means.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by miqos02(m): 10:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Mizwisdom:

It's trying time for the Church.
do you know there are countries where church meetings are not allowed before now? This is not a church matter, it's a global safety issue. You can only go to church in good health.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by bukatyne(f): 11:01am On Mar 19, 2020
Sunnycliff:
This is a trying time for the church. God keep us

Trying times for the church ke?

Is the church under persecution?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by OttHin: 11:02am On Mar 19, 2020
God help us
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by bukatyne(f): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Witches and wizards will be happy about this, the devil will be balling now. May God help us, we Christians have been warned not to forsake the fellowship of brethren. We need each other to strengthen ourselves in this difficult times

undecided
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by bukatyne(f): 11:06am On Mar 19, 2020
Mizwisdom:

It's trying time for the Church.

How?

Is it also trying times for schools that will be shut down on Monday?

Hotels that are trying to stay afloat?

Countries like China and Italy on lock down?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by bukatyne(f): 11:09am On Mar 19, 2020
Acidosis:

And people like you wouldn't want to close your 5 naira shop for 5 hours because of greed and love of money.

Before you criticize people, what measures have you taken personally? Would you shut the door of your shop or would you agree to a "no work no pay" rule for the next 3 or 4 weeks?

Pastorpreneur bla bla has done his bit, what have you, Alphapreneur, done?
Are you comparing the Church to a revenue generation business?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:12am On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:
These guys just want to make sure their companies are running.

They aren't interested in the disease control just after their selfish interest.

In America even UK, they were told to stay at home and worship at home....Isolate yourselves.

Why can't these churches obey simple instructions for safety of the people.

Greed is real.

The fact remains that Nigerians are over religious

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by bukatyne(f): 11:44am On Mar 19, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Your country with top notch medical facility can't beat Corona because you people are gay supporters, you practice sodomy and all kinds immoral acts.

Sorry I am quoting you up and down!

This post is funny.

You think morally Nigeria is better than the US?

China that banned churches just told us that Corona has stopped spreading. undecided

You think Nigeria would survive faced with America's level of attack?

Please don't make a joke of whatever grace or advantage Sub Sahara Africa enjoyed thus far.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Isaaczico24: 11:49am On Mar 19, 2020
Government only placed restrictions to public gathering more than 50. Please criticize government strategy not the religious organizations. In fact I can still hold a party if attendee won't be more than 50
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by AntiTribalism11: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

They aren't interested in the disease control just after their selfish interest.

In America even UK, they were told to stay at home and worship at home....Isolate yourselves.

Greed is real.

You need to be educated......

can you tell me the "simple instruction" they disobeyed?
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by olaric(m): 11:59am On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Greed is real.

Fear rather than the coronavirus itself could be your undoing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by ElonMosque(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mummyfour:
I will send invitation to only 10 people for my wedding ceremony. To avoid stories that touch the heart. grin grin. If you understand what I mean,oil dey your head. No more large gathering

Na geepee tank of oil full my head grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Justarandomguy: 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
Koginaija:
IF YOU WERE A TRUE WORSHIPPER OF GOD YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TYPED THIS.Let christians be,people are still going for other social gatherings and you have no problem with that.jealousy is not good.
well I'm a Christian I don't deceive myself and worship my God the best way I can .
If u know there is a problem and there are ways to prevent urself from that problem. But instead u decided to ignore them bcuz ur a Christian, that's like testing God.
God's way of helping now is providing a cure.

And I'm jealous of what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by opportunities12: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Greed is real.

Ajala Isaac Oluwole
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Kennydoc(m): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Greed is real.

Didn't they clearly comply with government's regulations? You want churches to be closed abi? Have you thought about markets? Are the governments also going to shut down markets all over Nigeria?
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Mizwisdom(f): 12:54pm On Mar 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Sorry I am quoting you up and down!

This post is funny.

You think morally Nigeria is better than the US?

China that banned churches just told us that Corona has stopped spreading. undecided

You think Nigeria would survive faced with America's level of attack?

Please don't make a joke of whatever grace or advantage Sub Sahara Africa enjoyed thus far.

The world has seen how unprepared every continent was in the face of attack from Corona virus. Every continent failed in preparedness that led to loss of lives but as expected there will be a conspiracy whereby the focus will be on Africa unpreparedness in managing this virus because all countries want to cover their flaws, it helps in election campaign and to show that first world country is better than the rest so called "Third world'

Don't worry about Africa, Ebola didn't rampage us, bird flu didn't rampage us, flu doesn't rampage us, we are good.

America will never want to be seen as weak or unprepared, China is now lying about no new victim to save face, that's world politics for you. The more you make yourself look like the best, you get more countries sucking up to you.

Hope you know that 400 people died yesterday in Italy?

#Prayforeurope#

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Acidosis(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
bukatyne:

Are you comparing the Church to a revenue generation business?

His claim is that Pastors are Entrepreneurs so I'm assuming they're seeking profit like any other businessman.

What do you mean by revenue generation business? I hope you're not referring to the average shop in Nigeria? First, he average shop owner don't pay tax, and many of them won't even agree to close shop for 2-3 hrs for the regular sanitation exercise. When they do, they're either sleeping at home or attending to other issues.

My point is, we are all responsible. The idea of raising curses on pastors is needless. A lot of Nigerians would have died of lassa fever, thanks to the typical blackwater infested drainage systems in-front of every shop owner in Lagos.

No one has asked the government to shut down ShopRite, Cinemas, and other large public spaces in Nigeria. Many schools are still open, and you don't hear anyone insulting private school principals who are the actual entrepreneurs. Attendance in church is not compulsory. It's merely a moral or personal obligation unlike schools.

Corona started in China, where religious services aren't even allowed in the first place. Should we then begin to curse the atheist nation for spreading the deadly Chinese virus?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by bezimo(m): 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oh they can meet in their house fellowship and pray and worship...Great idea those evil satanic bastard reprobrates that hate church, pastors would hate this news for sure.
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Greed is real.
stay at home doing what??
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by ejiaro: 2:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
God come and save the world from this devilish virus
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by CaveAdullam: 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
Olowosam:

Are you this daft ?
Maybe, May not. But you know what? I don't care!

Olowosam:
Can't you just close that hole and stop throwing shits all around.
Why are you this pained? O, so sorry for troubling your long term indoctrination.

Olowosam:
What has Tithe got to do with the problem at hand.
Alot. Were we not told by tithe-collectors that any devourer won't come our way if we pay tithes? How come these churches are shut down with others having a reduction in their population even when they have being collecting tithes for some years now?

My friend, please think. Coronavirus saga has come to set the innocent foolish sheeples free.

Olowosam:
Talk at a range one can call you normal.
Kikikikikikikikiki.

Ain't seeking for an extra validation, your talk your mouth and none of my biz.

Winks.
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by CaveAdullam: 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2020
Koginaija:
wetin be una problem with tithes? Is corona virus from nigeria?
But at least it's in Nigeria at the moment.

Tithes counters devourer, and G.Os/Churches that collects tithes should not be scared of it. And it will be very unreasonable for such to comply to a reduction in their population as a result of the devourer.
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by drololaaof: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
As an obedient servant I expect the churches should have cancels all gathering in obedience to and observance to govt directives. Pope have change mode of worship in catholic churches, Saudi Arabia have stopped Kabba . A Muslim organisation in Nigeria have directed ALL it members nationwide to suspend ALL gathering till govt make a review of the present directive. I am a believer but when there is a problem that were supposed to be tackled ,but alas it is rearing its head -OBEY stay away from gathering

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Legendguru: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2020
hope no more congress till further notice but i doubt if offerings will let them
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by dasparrow: 4:29pm On Mar 19, 2020
I don't live in Nigeria but my church now holds service online. We can no longer come to church. That is the government rule. In other words, the service is streamed live and I still get spiritually fed so no shaking. Tithes and offerings are paid online as well. With some churches, you can do a wire transfer as well. I am practicing social distancing because God helps those who help themselves. The Corona virus is highly contagious so I am not taking any chances.
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Luchiana1(f): 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiHKs8CAta0
This is funny short & powerful, from Christ omega vision Drama
Laugh well, but pls kindly click the red subscribe icon for update.
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Afritop(m): 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
MFM will not amend their service. Infact a special power programme will be arranged
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Makschinchin: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Greed is real.

And the only reason you think he said such was due to greed right
Re: Coronavirus: RCCG Amends Its Worship Schedule In Lagos & Ogun States by Makschinchin: 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
TheFreeOne:
Fraudulent religious wayfarers and wolves in sheepskin.

While concerned citizens across the globe are thinking about safety of lives some pastorpreneurs are more concerned about collection of tithes and offerings.

SMH

Keep taunting religious clerics and accusing them of being concerned about tithes and offerings only, like you are any better angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Reverend Sister & Muslim Sister In Hijab Hug In Jos.see Reactions(pics) / 12 Nigerians, Ghanaians Thrown Into Sea ‘for Being Christian’ / The Church Banner I Saw On My Way In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.