Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,761 members, 7,965,875 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (25168 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@Justcash

Looking for one of your sensible replies

[b]
Corruption is truly not the main issue with Nigeria. That is indeed where Nigerians are getting it really wrong. Yes corruption is bad, but can corrupt politicians still ensure meaningful development? The answer is yes. Who cares about how corrupt politicians are if they Can ensure security of lives and properties, provide basic and advanced infrastructures and ensure the availability of abundant jobs for Nigerians. Who cares about how corrupt politicians are if they can actually carry out pro-developmental activities. Is Babatunde Fashola a saint? But he is doing little things in his state despite the load of corruption that weighs him down? Look at Iran and Libya. Ghaddafi is pro-developmental that is why his people love and can die for him. Even the now dead Saddam Hussein was a far more better leader than the foolish politicians that Nigeria boasts of. I am sure that If Ojukwu had succeded in helping Biafra to secede, he would have been corrupt but very pro-developmental. Corruption is not an issue if a society is working. For a society to work there is need for political will, even if the politicians are corrupt.
In Nigeria, those politicians are stealing, and flaunting their stolen wealth in the midst of acute poverty without shame. They are corrupted by power so much that they are left so anti-developmental, and blood thirsty. They shed innocent blood and carry out despicable acts unchallenged because of the distance of power from Nigerian masses. They keep competing for political advantage just to ensure that their ethnic group and religion can be seen as being superior over others, than for the sake of helping to develop the nation as a whole.
I can tell you wholeheartedly that all these silly Politicians, e.g Atiku and Co will typically invest in an Arewa republic than seek for political office. They will not want to seem like the suppposed problem of Nigeria.They will be more concerned about trying to compete with Biafra, Oduduwa republic etc in order to avoid shame. Same goes for Tinubu and co in the west, GEJ and Co in ND and Obi, Soludo and co in the East.
The size, diversity and ethnic politics in Nigeria has completely left the country ungovernable. Why should we be called Nigerians when an Igbo man does not have any sort of emotional or empathetic link with a Yoruba and Hausa man, which makes it easy for blood to flow at any little provocation? Why should we be in a nation where Zoning is still being mentioned and federal character is employed, despite the constant deceptive cries of Unity in diversity?
We are not one in Nigeria, and we will never be one in a million years. The evidence is the unnecessary death caused by Nigerians who butcher and Lynch fellow Nigerians in the Name of struggle for land and ancestry.[/b]
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Becomrich12: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2010
Justcash, Nigeria problem has nothing to do with leadership , Nigeria problem is the structure problem.

The problem is the was they created Nigeria. if we do not correct the structure problem. Look edo,delta and yorubas are not suppose to be Nigerian. they are supposed to be beninoise

That is the gate of the king of the republic of Benin. He is a yoruba man like me. that picture tell you , where edo,delta and yorubas are suppose to be . they are supposed to be beninoise

And we need to change that for this system to work.

Justcash, problème Nigeria n'a rien à voir avec le leadership, le Nigeria est le problème de problème de structure.

Le problème, c'est l'été, ils ont créé le Nigeria. si nous ne corrigeons pas le problème de structure. Rechercher Edo, Delta et Yorubas sont pas supposé être nigériane. ils sont censés être béninoise

C'est la porte du roi de la république du Bénin. Il est un homme comme moi yoruba. cette image vous dire, où Edo, Delta et Yorubas sont supposés être. ils sont censés être béninoise

Et nous devons changer pour que ce système fonctionne.

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Once again, me thinks u've been exposed as the scoundrel liar and ethnic bigot you are. Its true, You and your fellow smelly Biafrans stay wishing things go upside down in Lagos/SW while  the East rises. Like the destruction of the Yoruba economy is a prerequisite to Ibo economic success! Sad effers!

By the way, Youve said worse than the bolded! Really aint got much time to go thru your[b] hate-filled [/b]posts!

LOL! Look who is talking about hated filled posts.  shocked shocked shocked Dig up YOUR OWN POSTS first. Fcking hypocrite!

Your brother was raking that Samson Siasia picked an Igbo dominated Super Eagles team. He forgot that the Super Falcons team that just conquered Africa is also Igbo dominated.  undecided

Like I've said already, I don't see any sane southern group forming a nation with you. Loser.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by SapeleGuy: 9:23pm On Dec 27, 2010
Interesting. Some of you are taking this Christmas jollification to levels of historical amnesia if you expect Bendelites to join Biafra or Oduduwa, It's simply impossible.

Why do you people like to do attachment, can you not stand on your own?

From that South South zone, Bendel will reemerge, Izon will have their own nation & so too will the Calabari.

If we are to split, make everybody answer their papa name, otherwise let true federalism prevail.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
SapeleGuy, I think everyone in this thread has come to the conclusion that neither Oduduwa or Biafra want to have the Ijaw in a nation. Many consider that they are not worth the hassle. As long as they don't claim Port Harcourt, many Igbos would be ok if they had their separate nation. This is all hypothetical though. Even though I do not think Nigeria will be split up anytime soon.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Katsumoto: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

SapeleGuy, I think everyone in this thread has come to the conclusion that neither Oduduwa or Biafra want to have the Ijaw in a nation. Many consider that they are not worth the hassle. As long as they don't claim Port Harcourt, many Igbos would be ok if they had their separate nation.

You have got to be kidding.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 9:34pm On Dec 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

You have got to be kidding.

Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) is a traditionally Igbo town. If you think the wider Igbo will give that up, then there would be a war. Many Igbos have this view, that is Igbloand is landlocked that it will not be prosperous. I do not subscribe to this view, but that is what the majority of Igbo think. Enugu and Port Harcourt are seen as crucial to Igbo development.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Becomrich12: 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
SapeleGuy who told ijaw people no want join benin republic. ?? you fit take niger delta passport travel?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) is a traditionally Igbo town. If you think the wider Igbo will give that up, then there would be a war. Many Igbos have this view, that is Igbloand is landlocked that it will not be prosperous. I do not subscribe to this view, but that is what the majority of Igbo think. Enugu and Port Harcourt are seen as crucial to Igbo development.

I think it is safer to stop at the bolded. Port Harcourt is Igbo town. The British know this and is therefore defensible internationally when the saga begins.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Interesting. Some of you are taking this Christmas jollification to levels of historical amnesia if you expect Bendelites to join Biafra or Oduduwa, It's simply impossible.

Why do you people like to do attachment, can you not stand on your own?

From that South South zone, Bendel will reemerge, Izon will have their own nation & so too will the Calabari.

If we are to split, make everybody answer their papa name, otherwise let true federalism prevail.

Agreed, provided your proposed Bendel is minus Igbo land.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by nduchucks: 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

I think it is safer to stop at the bolded. Port Harcourt is Igbo town. The British know this and is therefore defensible internationally when the saga begins.

Would one be right to also conclude that most of the oil producing land in both the old Mid West and the so-called ND area is Igboland? Please identify the remaining Igboland in present day South South region, for our education. Dalu o.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Would one be right to also conclude that most of the oil producing land in both the old Mid West and the so-called ND area is Igboland?  Please identify the remaining Igboland in present day South South region, for our education. Dalu o.

Who mentioned anything about oil producing lands? Can't you even see any land without seeing oil?
Nna Aboki idi egwu o! angry

Igboland in S/south is on the map. Everyone knows.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Would one be right to also conclude that most of the oil producing land in both the old Mid West and the so-called ND area is Igboland? Please identify the remaining Igboland in present day South South region, for our education. Dalu o.

No one is talking about oil. We are talking about access to the sea! angry Igboland extends into Ika, Anioma & Ukwuani in Delta State. Parts of Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue, and Rivers state are Igbo as well.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

No one is talking about oil. We are talking about access to the sea! angry Igboland extends into Ika, Anioma & Ukwuani in Delta State. Parts of Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Benue, and Rivers state are Igbo as well.

We are NOT talking about access to the sea. We are talking about Igboland, sea access or no sea access.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by PhysicsQED(m): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2010
LMAO. People are talking about cities and not splitting ethnic groups and somebody comes in with talk of oil just oozing out of their parasitic mouth. Funny.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

We are NOT talking about access to the sea. We are talking about Igboland, sea access or no sea access.

Well I am talking about sea access using traditional Igbo territory. Anyway, we can all agree we are not discussing OIL!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2010
Frankly I'm beginning to get upset anytime folks talk about this sea access thing. I really pity folks who live in current swamps and beating their chest because of it. One of these days the Atlantic ocean will swallow up much of those places. Then we shall see where they'll run to.

The future of a great nation transcends immediate natural resource, because today's natural resource could be tomorrow's disaster.

Human resource development and proper planning is the key. Not any natural resource.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by SapeleGuy: 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt) is a traditionally Igbo town. If you think the wider Igbo will give that up, then there would be a war.

Onlytruth:

With these statements you are once again branding Ikwerre / Rivers as 'lazy'. Do you think they will just roll over and accept it? Old boys this attitude has not paid you in the past, present  or in the distant future. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by PhysicsQED(m): 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2010
Could someone pinpoint exactly which Rivers Igbo groups are supposed to be next to the sea? That "True extent of Igboland thread" was important in showing just how many groups are Igbo, whether they admit it or not, but it was rather vague on which group it is that is at the sea. I'm asking out of curiosity.

Sea access is not really essential, anyways, just an advantage. Over the long term, groups that do not build strong, diverse economies will not be saved merely by having ports to export the little that their weak economies might produce and landlocked groups which have no sea ports will still thrive if they have the ability to build a strong economy through other means and if they can make all of their immediate neighbors look to them for resources, products, or services. This is just my hypothesis anyway.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2010
SapeleGuy:

With these statements you are once again branding Ikwerre / Rivers as 'lazy'. Do you think they will just roll over and accept it? Old boys this attitude has not paid you in the past, present  or in the distant future. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

And who mentioned the Ikwerre here?
Who said anything about laziness?

Why are you folks always trying to spin conflict in our lands?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2010
PhysicsQED:

Could someone pinpoint exactly which Rivers Igbo groups are supposed to be next to the sea? That "True extent of Igboland thread" was important in showing just how many groups are Igbo, whether they admit it or not, but it was rather vague on which group it is that is at the sea. I'm asking out of curiosity.

Sea access is not really essential, anyways, just an advantage. Over the long term, groups that do not build strong, diverse economies will not be saved merely by having ports to export the little that their weak economies might produce and landlocked groups which have no sea ports will still thrive if they have the ability to build a strong economy through other means and if they can make all of their immediate neighbors look to them for resources, products, or services. This is just my hypothesis anyway.

It is a temporary advantage. In about 20 - 50 years, it could be a disadvantage as the sea levels continues its advance and swallowing up the coastal communities.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by PhysicsQED(m): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2010
If Nigeria were to split, Ijaw will definitely have their own nation. On the map it'll have a strange shape, given the coastal, thin spread of the non-Baylesa Ijaw groups, but it's pretty much unstoppable. Not after this much ethnic nationalism and not with the clear viability of such a state.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by nduchucks: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2010
@Onlytruth, you are not smart enough to put the wool over the eyes of bright forumites who are capable of reading right through your foolery. Igbo land ko, Congo land ni. I suppose Port Harcourt is not oil producing.  Indeed none of the Ikwerre land which you probably claim is Igboland,  is oil producing.

Oil is not a major factor in your "false" claims of other people's land as Igboland.  Your superiors have already fought the war and lost, deal with it!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

@Onlytruth, you are not smart enough to put the wool over the eyes of bright forumites who are capable of reading right through your foolery. Igbo land ko, Congo land ni. I suppose Port Harcourt is not oil producing.  Indeed none of the Ikwerre land which you probably claim is Igboland,  is oil producing.

Oil is not a major factor in your "false" claims of other people's land as Igboland.  Your superiors have already fought the war and lost, deal with it!

Kai aboki!  shocked shocked Why can't you think? Why why why. . .  can't you use your God given head for once?!  undecided undecided
So, you don't know that there is more oil in Imo state and Abia than in Ikwerre Igbo lands? 

What are you really smoking?

You talk as if I am the one and only one saying that Nigeria will not survive. Read comments on this site!

I know you cannot survive without oil ('cos you have refused to use your head), but how is that my problem?

Nna I see more GOLD in a peaceful land with common culture and worldview, than in oil!.

Kai aboki!  shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by SapeleGuy: 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

It is a temporary advantage. In about 20 - 50 years, it could be a disadvantage as the sea levels continues its advance and swallowing up the coastal communities.

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this. You better start planning repatriation for the brethren in the coastal state of Lagos. wink
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by nduchucks: 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2010
I wonder why every area of the ND or the so-called south south which you claim is Igboland, is oil producing. Why is it that 90% of the land that you people claim to be Igboland is oil producing?  These people do not want to be part of you or share your identity. Leave us (them) alone!!

We have not yet forgotten how many of you claim that subtantial parts of Lagos is Igboland, small time, Sabon Gari in Kaduna and Kano will be Igboland. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by bkbabe97y(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

LOL! Look who is talking about hated filled posts.  shocked shocked shocked Dig up YOUR OWN POSTS first. Fcking hypocrite!

Your brother was raking that Samson Siasia picked an Igbo dominated Super Eagles team. He forgot that the Super Falcons team that just conquered Africa is also Igbo dominated.  undecided

Like I've said already, I don't see any sane southern group forming a nation with you. Loser.

"Hypocrite" should never be used in a sentence to describe me. Unlike u cowardly monkey Biafrans I dont bite my tongue or try to play silly; I lay it bare all the time! I hate Biafrans! I hate u cry baby history revisionists, thieving land grabbers; Now tell how I'm a hypocrite! Unlike you that always subliminally advocates for destruction of all things Yoruba, me I come direct: like a fuxcking Cruise Missile! What u got to say now, punk?

P.S: What the Fxuckx the bolded got to do with our discussion?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2010
SapeleGuy:

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this. You better start planning repatriation for the brethren in the coastal state of Lagos. wink

They are quite capable of planning their return to Igboland. Not my problem.
My problem is to plan Igboland to be self sustaining. The planning will include things like electric fence.

YES WE CAN (Igbo spirit).  cool
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Onlytruth(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I wonder why every area of the ND or the so-called south south which you claim is Igboland, is oil producing. Why is it that 90% of the land that you people claim to be Igboland is oil producing?  These people do not want to be part of you or share your identity. Leave us (them) alone!!

We have not yet forgotten how many of you claim that subtantial parts of Lagos is Igboland, small time, Sabon Gari in Kaduna and Kano will be Igboland. cheesy

So which part of Igboland am I leaving out?

Since when did aboki become part of Igbo land?

I no know say oil deprivation dey cause schizophrenia too. undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2010
LOL Becommrich is just crazy in a funny way!

Justcash:

Corruption is truly not the main issue with Nigeria. That is indeed where Nigerians are getting it really wrong. Yes corruption is bad, but can corrupt politicians still ensure meaningful development? The answer is yes. Who cares about how corrupt politicians are if they Can ensure security of lives and properties, provide basic and advanced infrastructures and ensure the availability of abundant jobs for Nigerians. Who cares about how corrupt politicians are if they can actually carry out pro-developmental activities. Is Babatunde Fashola a saint? But he is doing little things in his state despite the load of corruption that weighs him down? Look at Iran and Libya. Ghaddafi is pro-developmental that is why his people love and can die for him. Even the now dead Saddam Hussein was a far more better leader than the foolish politicians that Nigeria boasts of. I am sure that If Ojukwu had succeded in helping Biafra to secede, he would have been corrupt but very pro-developmental. Corruption is not an issue if a society is working. For a society to work there is need for political will, even if the politicians are corrupt.

In Nigeria, those politicians are stealing, and flaunting their stolen wealth in the midst of acute poverty without shame. They are corrupted by power so much that they are left so anti-developmental, and blood thirsty. They shed innocent blood and carry out despicable acts unchallenged because of the distance of power from Nigerian masses. They keep competing for political advantage just to ensure that their ethnic group and religion can be seen as being superior over others, than for the sake of helping to develop the nation as a whole.

I can tell you wholeheartedly that all these silly Politicians, e.g Atiku and Co will typically invest in an Arewa republic than seek for political office. They will not want to seem like the suppposed problem of Nigeria.They will be more concerned about trying to compete with Biafra, Oduduwa republic etc in order to avoid shame. Same goes for Tinubu and co in the west, GEJ and Co in ND and Obi, Soludo and co in the East.

The size, diversity and ethnic politics in Nigeria has completely left the country ungovernable. Why should we be called Nigerians when an Igbo man does not have any sort of emotional or empathetic link with a Yoruba and Hausa man, which makes it easy for blood to flow at any little provocation? Why should we be in a nation where Zoning is still being mentioned and federal character is employed, despite the constant deceptive cries of Unity in diversity?

We are not one in Nigeria, and we will never be one in a million years. The evidence is the unnecessary death caused by Nigerians who butcher and Lynch fellow Nigerians in the Name of struggle for land and ancestry.

Interesting POV.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by SapeleGuy: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

They are quite capable of planning their return to Igboland. Not my problem.
My problem is to plan Igboland to be self sustaining. The planning will include things like electric fence.

YES WE CAN (Igbo spirit).  cool

grin grin grin  Will that be to stop people from leaving or getting in?

ndu_chucks - Onlytruth raises a very interesting point, how can other regions be self sustaining?

Becomerich ?- Do you remember that Eyadema, went to the Oba of Benin to beg permission to change Dahomey's name to Benin Republic. Have you followed protocol and got permission for your exodus dream?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by udezue(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2010
Ndu-chuks,

Anioma-Igbo land in Delta and Igbanke-Igbo land in Edo have not 1 drop of oil and they are in SS so what are u talking about? Fool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20)

Buhari Administration’s Anti-Corruption War Political — Shehu Sani / Akpabio Loses At Tribunal / 2023: Atiku Employs 19 SANs To Challenge Tinubu’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.