Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,818 members, 7,933,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (25077 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
ShangoThor:

@ bold, I would argue that this is precisely the reason why we have to split. Whereas I do not hate our Northern countrymen (because they are Africans), however, I hate what they stand for. The raison d'etre of the unity of Northern Nigeria is to subjugate their Southern countrymen and irrespective of how bitter or unsavoury this sounds it is the truth and it means that we as a nation have serious problems that cannot be swept under the carpet. When Northerners talk about being united inorder to face (subjugate ,  really) a common enemy then it is time to acknowledge that we have problems.

We inherited a country from the British Empire that dictated as part of the empires policy that we cannot export manufactured or refined products to the developed world, only raw materials or unrefined products.  That was/is the status quo and when you have one portion of the population that will do anything to retain the status quo at any cost, then the main opportunity cost will be our national development.

Imagine, they do not offer any intellectual leadership about how to steer our economy into a modern competitive economy, they just exist and unite behind the banner of not letting the southerners rule. Seriously, Southerners have to wake up and smell the coffee.

Regarding the squabbling between people of Southern Nigeria, the Western, Midwestern, SS, and SE regions as ‘geographical expressions’ to be considered as independent states is that they will arbitrarily include minority groups that might not be willing to be part of the country.  Moreover, Igbo people, realistically would not want to be confined to the borders of a country formed in the SE (and why should they), as this would be detrimental to their traits of involvement in economic activities, trade and commerce.

The best bet would be for the South to get together and discuss how to co-exist inorder to build a new nation from a stakeholders perspective.  

the reason why yorubas seem united now is because of the same reason undecided so
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

The coup plotters must have thought about that as well. The only problem was they didn't realize anyone could see through their sham revolution.

Two Yorubas were involved in the coup: Ademoyega, and Awo, the supposed beneficiary of the coup. So what are you Yoruba Yoruba-ing?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by LoveKing(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
@op

please come back from Japan and start the Spiltting up or at least make your voice heard in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Two Yorubas were involved in the coup: Ademoyega, and Awo, the supposed beneficiary of the coup. So what are you Yoruba Yoruba-ing?

And? Some Yorubas fought on the side of Biafra does that make it a Yoruba-Biafra rebellion?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
jaygetta:

I am appalled! If these posters are going to be leaders of the New Nations that make up the former Nigeria,then nothing will change, really! Its clear that some on here have no clue what they are advocating, are including sentiments in their arguments, or just want to rehash their phantom 'tribal superiority. Period! Some want to bring in previous ethnic sentiments, into what should be a future development plan. Or how do you explain Ochi-Agha's nonsensical analysis, Beaf's (oops, faeb's)rants, or (this one was a whooper) Onlytruth's statement that Edo will not go with the Yorubas, or that most of Edo is Christian?. . . Na who dem go come go with? The names Tunde Akogun, Adams Oshiomole, Dele Momodu,Seyi Olomu and co are from where? Take a wild guess. . . Then as per the Christianity issue. . . Edo state has a very high (if not slight majority) Muslim population. Murtala Ramat Mohammed was an Etsako man, u know? Tony Momoh was born Muslim (his first name is Suleiman). Kassim Afegbua, Mallam Yesufu Garuba, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Shuaibu Amodu are Etsako too. . . Why u think Shuaibu never left Fatkubu on the bench?! The Edos are just as diverse as the Yorubas in terms of religion (christian/moslem/animist), have learnt to live together in relative peace,plus they share a significant amount of culture and history with the Yorubas.A lot of public figures, and ordinary folks, u see today and think they are Yoruba are actually Edos. If the Edos run off with the Yorubas, what do u think the Itshekiris will do? To those still hoping that Nigeria will stay together, I say to you: "Dreams of Utopia feel good, but reality is better"! Nigeria will split, and I hope soon and this is what I see happening: There will not be bloodshed, at least not initially. Nobody will support the Hausas this time, so that Chapter is closed; they are on their own.I don't know how the eventual partition of Nigeria will end up, but I tell You, whoever gets the Ijaws as part of its share is in for a very long, rough and frightening ride!

I still see you are carrying your beef with me from the other thread to the other thread. If you actually read my first post, I describing how the South-West has a lot to offer in terms of mineral resources such as natural gas. There was no "tribal superiority" in my post. I was simply correcting people ignorance about the South-East. Saying that the South-East population is not large or the South-East is the least endowed region, must be disputed with extreme prejudice. So read a thread before you make asinine statements.

Also, concerning the Edo people, maybe you should read about how the Midwest came to be. Most Bini people were upset with the Yoruba bloc dominating them in the Western region. That is why they saw the need to create the Midwest region, to prevent Yoruba domination. Everyone knows this. Even though the Yoruba and the Bini people have a shared history, these people are not the same, nor do they see themselves the same politically. So just stop the nonsense and ask the Bini people.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

And? Some Yorubas fought on the side of Biafra does that make it a Yoruba-Biafra rebellion?

Some Yorubas? Like how many? Banjo and who else?
Banjo was simply blown away by Ojukwu's charm and charisma and so become self-hypnotized
Awo as wise as he was, could not have been involved in the coup if he did not stand to gain as the main beneficiary. There you have it.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2010
Its funny how the igbos of today keeps clamoring about a powerful igbos of yest.

The igbos of today have become more lazy and violent. Drugs and weeds are now being used like atike in enugu, kidnapping in abia, ritualism and canibalism in every part. Now everything centers arnd money, anything will be done for money.

Even the older generation knows that there would never be another ojukwu. All we have littered in igboland are their father's disappointmet.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by OchiAgha2(m): 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-Idi, will you complain and beg for mercy when you are banned again? Out of all the tribalistic post I have read in this thread, yours take the cake for being the most disgusting.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Its funny how the igbos of today keeps clamoring about a powerful igbos of yest.

The igbos of today have become more lazy and violent. Drugs and weeds are now being used like atike in enugu, kidnapping in abia, ritualism and canibalism in every part. Now everything centers arnd money, anything will be done for money.

Even the older generation knows that there would never be another ojukwu. All we have littered in igboland are their father's disappointmet.

All that you said above goes for Yorubas too. Show me which is not obtainable in your place
Also you count yesterday more than today and the future; hence everything is all about Awo, Awo and more Awo.

Igbos have moved on (and got better than you in all spheres of life); we only look at the past when we want to mimick you guys' pastime.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2010
i dont think you know your history, delta state would not go with igbos.
David ejoor an uhrobo man was the Administrator of Mid west region. And he assume if he trusted the Igbos who remain during the Biafra civil war,thinking his area would not be invaded by thier fellow Igbos.

What David Ejoor did was he made all the key position under 4th area command all igbo men who were assume to be against biafra except for 2. Even when Ogbemudia warn Ejoor of the danger, Ejoor an Uhrobo never cared.
The Igbo that Ejoor an Uhrobo trusted disappointed him, they were communicated with thier fellow Igbos in Biafra which lead to to the take over of the Old mid region. The same Igbo men who Ejoor trusted tried to Kill Ejoor who was Uhrobo. So you have bad blood running.

And which also lead to what is called "The Asaba Massacre" were Mid west people killed all the men. Basically a genocide, they killed all men in that area.

and we are looking at the satellite pictures, and the places the igbos have been claiming as igboland is empty space. So Ojukwu and biafra were mostly running propaganda.

The follow command in the Old mid west were under Igbomen who were pro nigeria before the igbo invade.

Commander, 4th Area Command (Lt. Col. Nwawo)    claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
General Staff Officer 1 (Operations) (Lt. Col. Nwanjei)  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Staff Officer (Civil-Military Liaison), Governors Office    claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Battalion Commander (Lt. Col. Igboba)  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Battalion Commander (Lt. Col. Ochei)  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Commanding Officer, Depot. (Lt. Col. Keshi)  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Officer in charge, Engineers/ Communications (Lt. Col. Okwechime)  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Company Commander, Auchi area  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Company Commanders, Asaba area  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Company Commanders, Agbor area  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Company Commander Warri area  claim pro nigeria Igbo officer
Company Commander, Ekiadolor Unit   claim pro nigeria Igbo officer

non-Ibos held the following positions before the invasion by biafra army: 

Quarter Master-General, 4th area command (Major Ogbemudia)
Intelligence Officer (Major Eremobor)
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

S[b]ome Yorubas? Like how many? Banjo and who else?[/b]

Exactly my point. Why mention Ademoyega's participation in the 1966 coup as if it made it less of an ibo coup.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Katsumoto: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Can you bring out specific points I made that look clueless to you?

When OnlyTruth cannot argue against your points, he attacks your person. There are quite a few posters on this section that use that strategy. The logical thing for him to do was to highlight what he disagreed with and why he disagreed with it.

BTW, I cannot disagree with the message in your argument.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
And for those saying that the south should stick together, una dey mad. Olorun maje.

Yoruba will fare well. If we have a regional govt and pay more attention to our leader and people, the likes of bankole no go exist. We will rebuild our nation.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by sochan: 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2010
@Ileke-IdI,

Is this post about Igbo's or the reason why Nigeria should split. Please stop this constants attacking of the Igbo's. I am sick and tired of this rubbish on this site. I have never insulted your tribe, but I am fast running out of patience. Please respect yourself
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Igbos have moved on (and got better than you in all spheres of life); we only look at the past when we want to mimick you guys' pastime.

Keep lying to yourself, it hurts you more than anyone else.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by ShangoThor(m): 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2010
alj harem1:

the reason why yorubas seem united now is because of the same reason undecided so

Seriously, Alj Harem, you’re wrong ,  it should not be about demographics or religion ,  it should be about  solutions and results ,  the Nigerian Economy is underperforming for a reason ,  if a government could provide a scenario that is conducive to 90+% employment rate with no inflation and cheap goods, no Nigerian would give a toss where that the leader of that government is from. Similarly, if a Southerner is gifted enough to steer this Nation in the right direction and we witness positive results then he should be allowed to get on with the job.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Katsumoto: 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

Exactly my point. Why mention Ademoyega's participation in the 1966 coup as if it made it less of an ibo coup.

Please stop this debate with Mekus-Environer-IgbobuIgbo-AkinEgba-Omotoyode; he is on a mission.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Katsumoto: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

There is no need for incendiary posts such as this most especially as the other side side can throw stones as well.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2010
sochan:

@Ileke-IdI,

Is this post about Igbo's or the reason why Nigeria should split. Please stop this constants attacking of the Igbo's. I am sick and tired of this rubbish on this site. I have never insulted your tribe, but I am fast running out of patience. Please respect yourself

I am only discussing why the southerners should not stick together.
Ta lo fe empty garawa?

If you're sick and tired, log off and go take medication.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

And for those saying that the south should stick together, una dey mad. Olorun maje.

Plz who wants to get kidnapped or eaten by an igbo president?

Yoruba will fare well. If we have a regional govt and pay more attention to our leader and people, the likes of bankole no go exist. We will rebuild our nation.

No true Igbo man like me will even dream of going with the West, for what? Who wants to be cannibalized and used as food for some decrepit Oba? Clifford Orji lived in the SW and learnt their ways. Infact, all Igbos returning from the west will have to be washed and purged off all the evil ways they learnt from the Yoruba. All Igbo criminals either lives or had lived in the west, and that includes Osisikankwu. Typical Igbos, born and breed in igboland, are near-saints.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
Katsumoto:

There is no need for incendiary posts such as this most especially as the other side side can throw stones as well.

Those are not my words, but recent news.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Typical Igbos, born and breed in igboland, are near-saints.

I can't agree with you more. In fact, they go about with a halo on their heads.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by reporter1: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

I still see you are carrying your beef with me from the other thread to the other thread. If you actually read my first post, I describing how the South-West has a lot to offer in terms of mineral resources such as natural gas. There was no "tribal superiority" in my post. I was simply correcting people ignorance about the South-East. Saying that the South-East population is not large or the South-East is the least endowed region, must be disputed with extreme prejudice. So read a thread before you make asinine statements.

Also, concerning the Edo people, maybe you should read about how the Midwest came to be. Most Bini people were upset with the Yoruba bloc dominating them in the Western region. That is why they saw the need to create the Midwest region, to prevent Yoruba domination. Everyone knows this. Even though the Yoruba and the Bini people have a shared history, these people are not the same, nor do they see themselves the same politically. So just stop the nonsense and ask the Bini people.

I think you should get your facts right, I am part Edo lineage, and I do see my self culturally and politically more aligned with the SW than any other group. Most Edo will affirm that save for a few.
If there is no election malpractice, Edo will vote the same line as SW because of their political and cultural ties with SW.
As previously said by a poster, some people you assume are Yoruba today are actually Edo.
And if Nigeria were to split, Edo would undoubtedly swing SW or form an independent state if that option is available.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

Keep lying to yourself, it hurts you more than anyone else.

The era of Yoruba-dominated press which FALSELY skewed every good toward you is over. Now the REAL truth will reign courtesy of people like me. It is because of the absence of such truth and what your Yoruba press made you believe that you argue about Igbo supremacy over Yoruba. Go to that Nigerian academics in diapora post and count Igbo versus Yorubas. Igbos compete with you in all Yoruba-located universities as students and lecturers. The reverse is not true. Igbo dominate commerce and economic activities in Lagos. The  reverse is not true.

In a free and fair competion, Igbo will alway beat you hands down. That is why Zik beat Awolowo in his (Awo's) b/yard and Awo had to resort to the last game: tribalism.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Katsumoto: 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Those are not my words, but recent news.

Seriously, it doesn't benefit anyone. I understand that there are a few posters in this section such as Mekusxxx/Omotoyode/IgbobuIgbo/Akin-Egba who can irritate one to hell but there is no need to characterise a group of people just because of the actions of a few. Without realising it, you become the person that you detest. Just my opinion and advice. Tone down the rhetoric.  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke idi. Why do you have to say that angry
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2010
Katsumoto:

Seriously, it doesn't benefit anyone. I understand that there are a few posters in this section such as Mekusxxx/Omotoyode/IgbobuIgbo/Akin-Egba who can irritate one to hell but there is no need to characterise a group of people just because of the actions of a few. Without realising it, you become the person that you detest. Just my opinion and advice. Tone down the rhetoric. cheesy

What, Aigbofa?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2010
Katsumoto:

Seriously, it doesn't benefit anyone. I understand that there are a few posters in this section such as Mekusxxx/Omotoyode/IgbobuIgbo/Akin-Egba who can irritate one to hell but there is no need to characterise a group of people just because of the actions of a few. Without realising it, you become the person that you detest. Just my opinion and advice. Tone down the rhetoric.  cheesy

Okay .

But seriously, who are the enemies of progress that wants nigeria to stay together?

jason123:

Ileke idi. Why do you have to say that  angry
Hon, sweety. I'm lookingto tear anyone apart this morning, so. . . Kuro lo na lol
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Musiwa13: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2010
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

What, Aigbofa?

He won't play your game. Trust me.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Katsumoto: 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Okay .

But seriously, who are the enemies of progress that wants nigeria to stay together?

The disintegration of Nigeria will resolve some current problems and issues but I can guarantee you that new ones will replace them in the new republic.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by nduchucks: 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2010
Katsumoto:

The disintegration of Nigeria will resolve some current problems and issues but I can guarantee you that new ones will replace them in the new republic.

I venture to say that the new problems will be exponentially worse than those of the old repubilc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20)

Labour May Re-consider Nationwide Protest Following Measures Announced By Tinubu / President Tinubu Attends NDA's 60th Anniversary / Rivers Govt To Nwanosike: Pay Contravention Fee In 14 Days Or .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.