Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper (30940 Views)

Spanish Hospital Where Coughing Coronavirus Patients Lay On Floor Of Corridor / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) / Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by shogsman(m): 9:40am On Mar 24, 2020
Just so you know the ventilator only cost around 200k,this country is cursed
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 24, 2020
luluman:
And finally finish the already dying person.

Abi
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Asifiwe(m): 9:40am On Mar 24, 2020
"�� ��� ���� !" �� ��� �� ����.

Our chickens and guinea fowls are coming home to roost.

Atiku's son is positive. He is in Gwagwalada hospital . He can't fly to Dubai.

The president is in town. There are no international conferences.

If he needs attention, he will have to use the state clinic.

That expression 'we die here' is now so real.

Once we become full of the virus, no one will allow any of us into their country.

If we have no test kits, then we stay here and dig graves and bury our dead.

If we have no ventilators, then we will use table fans. And die like that.

We die here. Abi?

If the Bishops and Imams refuse to listen, they will listen when the churches and mosques are filled with sorrow tears and coffins.

If NASS members wont submit themselves to tests at the airports , the chambers will become filled with Corona virus and become distinguished viral laboratories.

Nobody will be flown to London or Germany.

Those of us abroad will stay abroad.

Let everybody sit down somewhere.

I hear our girls in Italy have hunkered down.

There is a snake in the monkey's shadow.

I wish the virus could hold hostages and demand ransoms.

It could have helped us get our stolen wealth back.

For the first time in this country, if a minister falls and breaks his head, he will have to remain and be treated at home.

There is no test facility in the whole of the north and none in the east. Yet we have governors.

Yet we have thousands of Teaching Hospitals.

Look at Port Harcourt. Nothing!

UNTH and UCH can't test for Coronavirus. Tufiakwa!

But it's good. Better.

If it's die, we all die here! together.

COPIED

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by StagethemTVee: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2020
God help us
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by PromiseHamza: 9:42am On Mar 24, 2020
Yenefer:
"China- The virus factory" has given birth to new #Hantavirus . Hurray. @thealexvanness @ChinaDaily https:///FxAkSAbIcq
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by MoIbrahim: 9:43am On Mar 24, 2020
They are not even up to. Just count how many functional ones are in your state of residence
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by SmartMen: 9:43am On Mar 24, 2020
dorox:
Too bad, if only we had a ventilator for every church and mosque in Nigeria, then we would have been adequately prepared to face this impending calamitous situation.
when u tell them that churches out number health centers, they dont listen. when you tell them that churches out number factories, they attack u...

who is going to save us? the same people we have been ignoring and have neglected. The science, the scientist, the doctors, the nurses...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by LajaLaba: 9:45am On Mar 24, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Imagine that 500 politicians have the virus, that will make them to take Health sector in Nigeria seriously.
U be confirm Illiterate grin
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:46am On Mar 24, 2020
I didn't finish reading, but i can recall how several headlines boasted that Nigeria has put in all necessary measures to fight the coronavirus. Why do we now hear a different story? Indeed Nigeria is a shitthole.
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 24, 2020
damn pathetic!...
I'm not really surprised cos even aso rock clinic with all the budgetted billions can't boast of #20 syringe/ paracetamol!

apc/ pdp are # SAME THIEVES, DIFFERENT NAMES!

shame on their blind and brainless followers.
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Iykenson(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2020
Not fake but locally made or made in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Charmingpet: 9:51am On Mar 24, 2020
I tot the so call Federal Government said they are ready for covid-19. I laff my country, God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by xpensivNas(m): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2020
I think dis virus should reset our politician brain. Provide basic amenities for ur pple cos when it happened u av no wer to run to as its happening now.....
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Wasky101: 9:55am On Mar 24, 2020
But we have the largest churches and mosques as well a a lot of eye popping mansions outside Nigeria, who cares
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by West2019(m): 9:56am On Mar 24, 2020
Fg should ban all the olosho hotel in Nigeria pls

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Fulfilledmezu: 9:57am On Mar 24, 2020
SmartMen:
when u tell them that churches out number health centers, they dont listen. when you tell them that churches out number factories, they attack u...

who is going to save us? the same people we have been ignoring and have neglected. The science, the scientist, the doctors, the nurses...
are u dat dumb,is it d duty of church to build health center or the fgn.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by SpatialKing(m): 10:00am On Mar 24, 2020
Yenefer:
"China- The virus factory" has given birth to new #Hantavirus . Hurray. @thealexvanness @ChinaDaily https:///FxAkSAbIcq
Corona Virus finaly called for Backup Hanta Virus....
China �� releasing viruses like they have an up coming album....
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by 9gerian: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2020
This Covid-19 pandemic is the nemesis for all past and present Nigerian leaders.

They, like other Nigerians, are now at the mercy of the Nigerian medical system and way of life that has been left decrepit for decades. No going abroad for medical treatment. No reliance on WHO or USAID or UN because all countries are busy trying to cope and survive.

For countries who have always been proactive, their robust systems would help them. For those that have developed the culture for being irresponsible and always reacting; this is the time of reckoning.

This is natural justice...

sirblend:
The stole our wealth under the pretense of APC/PDP now it has dawned on everyone.....

Mark my words.....Both the rich and the poor shall be dealt with...
The masses will suffer it for remaining silent and shouting "APC & PDP" while the same recycled leaders stole the wealth of Nigeria.
Las las when people die finish there would be plenty of job vacancies grin

All hotels should be shut down temporarily ....

I am staying saying safe, what about you...?

@...Tell them at Aso rock to distribute hand sanitizers(N1500) and face mask the way bags of rice and tradermoni was shared during election.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by xynerise: 10:05am On Mar 24, 2020
irunoko:
I remember reading where Atiku was saying we should pray for his son instead of praying for nigeria

As if his son is that relavant.the way these 1d1ots think so highly of themselves beats my imagination

Anyway I don't blame them,I blame the people singing their praises because of the crumbs of left over they want to eat from their table.thats why they think they're larger than life

They always see themselves as demigods because that is what the masses picture them as.

Make e pray for his son jare. We have other prayer points that are important to us

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by stickle(m): 10:06am On Mar 24, 2020
The only thing we have in abundance are thieves in high and low places

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by 3kay945(m): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2020
farobat:
This report is not accurate

we should have way more than this, i know one arm of the Nigerian Military that has over 100

Lets be guided not to put fear in the mind of Nigerian

Regards

Bro, let's face the koko, we don't have. Even those you think are available, are probably not functional.
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 24, 2020
Lol welcome to the zoo ndi proudly Nigerian mad people
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by SmartMen: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Fulfilledmezu:
are u dat dumb,is it d duty of church to build health center or the fgn.
when coronavirus reach your environment, tell him that!
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Cotton(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Ykc2:
I wonder what people gain after sleeping in darkness with no running water no go road no security yet they want you to say good things about Nigeria to outside world I cant ooh,
Because we know that there is more to life than running water, roads and good security. There is freedom, there is friendship and there is family. I'll take any of these over your values.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by kunletexs: 10:22am On Mar 24, 2020
When are we masses going to revoke; imagine a senior health practitioner claiming ventilators are not needed in their hospital where these are the basic equipment hospital should have.

New York has 3000 ICU units and over 5000 ventilators.

It time we start to purge all these useless politicians to death. As there existence is heavily of no economic importance to the society.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Seeker091: 10:24am On Mar 24, 2020
nero2face:
Mr Man did u vote Atiku as ur President?...or de dry leaf in asorock (kovikk one nine) don tire u

Like Atiku is saint or the Messiah undecided . Right?
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by sulaak(m): 10:25am On Mar 24, 2020
proclinician:
Italy has 7000 ventilators and icu beds and they are overwhelmed with this virus. No state in nigeria has more than 3 icu beds making it a total of about 100 in a country of about 200 million idiots that think it wise to build a church with 1bN, renovate tv station with 500m$ and renovate house of assembly with 32bn.

When we highlighted the madness of Nigeria's leadership, their paid-up online agents were quick to attack us as anti-Nigerian. How can any rational human being support a president of the caliber of Buhari or GEJ?

Prioritise investment in healthcare and education as the first infrastructure of a country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by knowhowk: 10:26am On Mar 24, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Hmm lie Mohammed still in his game abi? cheesy can our government start talking to these alagbo and see if solutions will come from there as well..
My brother I have a very Potent Agbo Composition that could be tested but they will never Listen ooo .I am ready to give it out freely .I am a Natural Therapist Wale .Check My signature.
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by MFFU: 10:28am On Mar 24, 2020
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by Perfecttouchade: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2020
knowhowk:
My brother I have a very Potent Agbo Composition that could be tested but they will never Listen ooo .I am ready to give it out freely .I am a Natural Therapist Wale .Check My signature.
get in touch with them on their social media handles(ncdc) to test the potency na, who knows o..
Re: Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients - Punch Newspaper by travelland(f): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2020
500 is a good number but we should do more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Bites Harder As More Nigerians Die / Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. / 100 Level ABSU Student Slumped And Died On Her Way To Exam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.