Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,378 members, 7,917,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:08 PM

Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery (2950 Views)

Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / How Good Is Flushing The Engine Of Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by nonhuman(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
I observe recently that the fan in my engine was connected directly and after a week I bought my car it begins to consume a lot of fuel that is the distance I normally cover with 14liters I now cover same distance with with almost 29liters and my call does not smoke excust pipe is not leaking , Hyundai Tucson 2008 4plug
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by Billiebaba(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
Pls scan the car first, that direct connection to ignition might have caused it to have difficulty operating at closed loop, the engine's computer might be trying to make it enter close loop, thereby increasing the fuel trims.
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by nonhuman(m): 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
Billiebaba:
Pls scan the car first, that direct connection to ignition might have caused it to have difficulty operating at closed loop, the engine's computer might be trying to make it enter close loop, thereby increasing the fuel trims.
I already scanned the car a nothing was found I saw the fan wire connected direct to the battery
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by kernniejay(m): 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
Car probably had overheating problem with previous owner and his technicians decided to run fan direct. It is not a good idea to run fan direct or remove thermostat to prevent overheating. Fans are also run direct if engine is getting old and needs extra ventilation. My advice: If engine is in very good condition, you will need to revert to how fan should be run without by-passing necessary relays, then check thermostat, fan speed and ensure radiator is not clogged with dirts.
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by Billiebaba(m): 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2020
nonhuman:
I already scanned the car a nothing was found I saw the fan wire connected direct to the battery
Your car needs needs physical diagnosis, by a technician that understands and can work with live data. Where's your location.
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by nonhuman(m): 7:18am On Mar 29, 2020
Billiebaba:

Your car needs needs physical diagnosis, by a technician that understands and can work with live data. Where's your location.
My location is umuahia
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by Billiebaba(m): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2020
nonhuman:

My location is umuahia
Wow, I'm in lagos, see other thread on car talk, you can get help there.
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by Mrford(m): 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Connectiing your fan direct will make your car consume more fuel. Other things can worsen it too. How long have you owned the car? How did you know it consumes more fuel. From your post if I understand you clearly, you said it suddenly started consuming more fuel
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by TRYGO(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2020
Tow reasons could be adduced to y its connected that way:
1. its either that engine has an underlying overheating wahala, that mechanics have tried unsuccessfully to solve, or,
2. it was done because of the common myth about from some quarters that "our weather here is more tropical than countries of origin of purchase".

Try having that fan reverted, so you see what's going on. if it overheats, get to the root cause(s) of the problem.

Regards,
Joseph
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by nonhuman(m): 8:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
TRYGO:
Tow reasons could be adduced to y its connected that way:
1. its either that engine has an underlying overheating wahala, that mechanics have tried unsuccessfully to solve, or,
2. it was done because of the common myth about from some quarters that "our weather here is more tropical than countries of origin of purchase".

Try having that fan reverted, so you see what's going on. if it overheats, get to the root cause(s) of the problem.

Regards,
Joseph
ok thanks ones the lockdown is over am definitely going to have it checked
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by Donjuan77: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Am in uyo and warri , pls help me with your contact
Re: Why Is The Engine Fan Connected Direct To The Battery by Donjuan77: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
Am in uyo and warri , please help me with your contact

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Mazda Mpv? / I Covered 255miles With 49.5litres Of Fuel. Is that efficient enough? / Between Toyota Matrix And Pontiac Vibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.