Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test (82712 Views)

Laila Abubakar Ali Dies Of Coronavirus In USA / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by sonnie10: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
neurosci:

Lol, it seems like you don't understand that I'm trying to explain that I'm not interested in discussing the case of this young man. The reason I mentioned that he is likely a US citizen is because I'm trying to reiterate that I'm interested in discussing about international students, not US citizens. The reason I mentioned that his case has nothing to do with insurance is because I know that anyone who shows up at an emergency unit - with or without insurance - will not be turned back. So, summary: there's more to his story than we read here, but I'm not interested.

Some schools do have this clause where they accept equivalent insurance coverage over theirs. As a matter of fact, many students from Europe don't even buy the school insurance because their countries' insurance is really good, and many universities here are aware of this and aware them (remember Europe has probably free healthcare). Same applies to many Canadian students. This was why I mentioned in the beginning that it all depends on school; every school has their own policy regarding insurance; some would take none other but theirs, some accept equivalents, while some do not require insurance at all. I was only trying to correct your impression in the beginning that every F1 student in the US is required to have insurance. That is not the case; it all depends on school.

Obviously we misunderstood each other on this discussion. Go back and look at all my Nairaland post, as a matter of fact for some personal reasons, I don’t get involved in any discussion that has to do with visas or travels of any sort; whether F1 visa or other categories.

I was having this discussion based solely on facts from the original post; death of the guy, a final year university student who attended high school in US (obviously not an international student) as it relates to his insurance coverage.
Re: Bassey Offiong Dies Of Coronavirus In USA After Being Refused Test by neurosci: 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
sonnie10:

Obviously we misunderstood each other on this discussion. Go back and look at all my Nairaland post, as a matter of fact for some personal reasons, I don’t get involved in any discussion that has to do with visas or travels of any sort; whether F1 visa or other categories.

I was having this discussion based solely on facts from the original post; death of the guy, a final year university student who attended high school in US (obviously not an international student) as it relates to his insurance coverage.

Lol, no problem. Either way, we might have exchanged some information that may benefit someone looking to studying in the US in the future. So, it's all good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics) / Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / More Women In Kano, Katsina Abuse Drugs Than Men – Group Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.