Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,819 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (50587 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Tuition Free Education In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by capti: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2011
@ redrumz Yes, student are allowed to work 25 hours per week. But it is not easy getting a job.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2011
@ kpimp and belamour

Check at first logic ikeja, But its too late to write toefl now if you intend to get in this september,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 11:56pm On Feb 10, 2011
I have ordered for an additional score report to be sent to the school of first choice since jan 14 but it hasn't been sent yet and I have sent several mails to ets without any definite response.
has anyone had this experience?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 11, 2011
@ lolatom, Nope, mine got there in 2weeks, Have you asked the school if they got it yet?? If not then I think you should send ets a mail yet again and this time CALL THEM!!!

By the way have you paid the $17 additional score report fee??
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2011
choose4me:

@ lolatom, Nope, mine got there in 2weeks, Have you asked the school if they got it yet?? If not then I think you should send ets a mail yet again and this time CALL THEM!!!

By the way have you paid the $17 additional score report fee??

I paid the additional 17USD. I'll ask if the school has gotten it.
Thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ok, Ask and let us know how far,

@ All,

If you chose KYAMK UAS and you are applying for "discretionary admission" then you better change it fast because Nigerians will not be considered this application period,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by DanG1(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
Hi all and especially @choose4me, it is a good job you have been doing here and i wish to commend you.
I also have my colleagues and siblings there in Finland now, so my turn would be next year. And information here have been helpful,
and I hope I can be of help too. So people who have already missed out on this application period you can either choose to wait till next year or you might take advantage of International Degree Drogrammes Starting in Spring 2012
Application period 29 August – 9 September 2011. This is for Oulu University of applied science.

More questions are welcomed, lets empower ourselves to the next step of our career and dream
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2011
@ Dan G,

Welcome on board, thanks for the compliments and thanks for contributing positively to the thread,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 15, 2011
Less than 24 hours to the end of the application period for september 2011 admission, If you got your TOEFL ready you can still apply,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by DanG1(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2011
choose4me:

@ Dan G,

Welcome on board, thanks for the compliments and thanks for contributing positively to the thread,

Thanks, its good to have people like you on here

I saw you are also interested in canada, are you still pursuing that, or you would continue with finland?
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
@ Dan G,

For now I'm not pursuing the Canadian Schools, Im doing it one at a time and this is easier, So Lets see how this goes first, !

@ All,Application is officially closed, Be sure your documents have reached the schools by 25th Feb latest,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
I wanted to edit my address and I was told it would be done by written application and I wouldn't know if it's by email or paper application. Could anyone who has done this advise on how to go about it?
Thanks guys
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ame2407: 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
hi all,
pls  i need to confirm the number of weeks it takes ETS to send toefl result to schools in finland.i took toefl jan 15 precisely.i dont know if the score report will be sent to the school before the deadline which is 25th of feb 2011.as i called the school and i was told they are yet to get my toefl score report.

Secondly can i use a confirmation of result sent from neco to the school in lieu of the original certificate?as the certificate for neco2008 is yet to be out.

Kindly advice on what to do aspa the toefl and neco thing.

Regards
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2011
lolatom:

I wanted to edit my address and I was told it would be done by written application and I wouldn't know if it's by email or paper application. Could anyone who has done this advise on how to go about it?
Thanks guys

Try writing by email first, Then in another email ask if the email is ok or if you must compulsorily post it.

ame2407:

hi all,
pls  i need to confirm the number of weeks it takes ETS to send toefl result to schools in finland.i took toefl jan 15 precisely.i dont know if the score report will be sent to the school before the deadline which is 25th of feb 2011.as i called the school and i was told they are yet to get my toefl score report.

Secondly can i use a confirmation of result sent from neco to the school in lieu of the original certificate?as the certificate for neco2008 is yet to be out.

Kindly advice on what to do aspa the toefl and neco thing.

Regards

It takes about 2 weeks for your TOEFL score to get there, As for the confirmation of result,they wont accept it, They will ask you to wait till you get the certificate except you can get NECO to send them the result DIRECTLY, Also that means you will be applying for discretionary admission, If thats the case, COU and JAMK will be advisable to try out,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by ame2407: 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2011
choose4me.tnx a whole lot,
what is discretionary admission?is it advisable i go in for it as my certificate wont be ready till next year.and please if i may ask how many years does it take neco to issue there certificates?

Regards
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by GLOBALX: 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2011
I live in finland, person wey no go no know, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by mykelworld: 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2011
thks 4 this link kindly add me on facebook michael4ualone@gmail.com kindly update me how much i nid to av 4 d whole process @ finland 4 both undergraduate and master, also can i use neco result.thks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2011
ame2407:

choose4me.tnx a whole lot,
what is discretionary admission?is it advisable i go in for it as my certificate wont be ready till next year.and please if i may ask how many years does it take neco to issue there certificates?

Regards

Discretionary admission allows you apply if you dont meet the required eligible criteria, Its too late to go for it now as its closed already.For neco certificates Im sorry I dont know how long it takes to be ready.

GLOBAL X:

I live in finland, person wey no go no know, grin grin grin grin grin grin

Global x, How your statement take help or contribute to this thread, Abi u just de flex pass ni?

mykelworld:

thks 4 this link kindly add me on facebook michael4ualone@gmail.com kindly update me how much i nid to av 4 d whole process @ finland 4 both undergraduate and master, also can i use neco result.thks

Wu are you asking to add you bro?, For undergraduate, U need like 1.4M , 1.3 on paper and 100 cash, If u jasi wetin I mean grin
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2011
Choose4me,
Please drop ur email for me here, I need to discuss something with you urgently.
thanks
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 8:48pm On Feb 21, 2011
I am still expecting your contact brother,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2011
@lolatom, please i dont like to drop my email publicly but for urgency sake leave me your message on yahoo messenger
i'll respond asap
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by lolatom: 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2011
I have sent you a mail. please revert back to me ASAP.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by 2great: 3:44am On Feb 22, 2011
l want 2 knw if a 3rd class nig.graduate can b accepted 4 postgrad. Also,do they accept neco, waec+neco, or at 2sittings like in nigerian varsities. Thanks house.
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 22, 2011
lolatom:

I have sent you a mail. please revert back to me ASAP.

OK, I have sent you my email addy, You can send an email now,

2great:

l want 2 knw if a 3rd class nig.graduate can b accepted 4 postgrad. Also,do they accept neco, waec+neco, or at 2sittings like in nigerian varsities. Thanks house.

Bro, Please send an email to ALL the Unis in Finland with your question, They will give you the best answer, Check universityadmissions.fi for a list of all the Unis, Then find their admissions office from their websites, Their email addys would be there, Best of Luck!
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 18, 2011
@ All,

Notification of invitation to entrance exam are being sent to all applicants now, I just got mine smiley , I'll be opening a new thread where all those invited can meet,rub minds and share ideas, Make we storm Ghana together lol,

I need more good news of invitation ooo cool
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 18, 2011
If you'll be going to Ghana for the entrance exam, Please lets know here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-626277.0.html
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by PATIE75: 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2011
my sisters are in zimbabwe how do we study in finland and make applications,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by newacca: 9:49pm On Mar 19, 2011
Hello everyone. I do not want to put my eggs inside one basket,so I decided to find another option aside Canadian study permit. I am also interested in Finland. I do not have toefl. I am planning on registering for toefl. After toefl and my o'level or ND,what is the Ghana exams abt? I need someone to put me through. I think I've already missed the nxt intake,which is september,2011. I am planning towards next intake in 2012.
I welcome advices and tips from u guyz.
thx.

1 Like

Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
PATIE75:

my sisters are in zimbabwe how do we study in finland and make applications,

The Next application period is 29 August - 9 September 2011, Get your TOEFL/IELTS and your high school certificate ready before then, Then you apply at admissions.fi

newacca:

Hello everyone. I do not want to put my eggs inside one basket,so I decided to find another option aside Canadian study permit. I am also interested in Finland. I do not have toefl. I am planning on registering for toefl. After toefl and my o'level or ND,what is the Ghana exams abt? I need someone to put me through. I think I've already missed the nxt intake,which is september,2011. I am planning towards next intake in 2012.
I welcome advices and tips from u guyz.
thx.

The next application is above, Take the TOEFL test, If you meet the minimum qualification,you will be invited for an entrance exam in ghana, The exam is to choose those that will be admitted based on your score,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 22, 2011
Does it mean NO ONE has been invited to write the entrance exam?? Please let us know,
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ choose 4 me just got my invitation
Re: Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
Good to hear that Tony, how are you preparing for the exam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is / Ahmadu Chanchangi Is Dead (Chanchangi Airlines Chairman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.