Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,289 members, 7,947,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 05:50 PM

Next Contemporary Artist To Watch Out For In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Next Contemporary Artist To Watch Out For In Nigeria (277 Views)

Rema Is First Nigerian Artist To Debut 5 TOP Songs On Apple Music / Wizkid Customize Ciroc Bottle, The First African Artist To Have It (Photo) / Meet Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, The First Nigerian Artist To Release Music Album (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Next Contemporary Artist To Watch Out For In Nigeria by News247updates: 12:14am On Apr 08, 2020
We all know that art is life and all artists uses there art works to express what they are feeling deep down.

Today our main force will be on a young and talented artist from Delta state, Ariama Andrew Oke.

Ariama Andrew Oke is a graduate from Delta state university, Abraka, a certified painter and also a entertainer popularly known as"Blaqdeltaboi". This young talented artist took his skill to the next level when he recently join Society Of Nigeria Artist (SNA), Lagos chapter.

He recently did a painting that got some many people attention which he tilted "Courage"

Below is our brief interview with him

So tell me what motivated you?

The Life of both old and young people involved. At a point in life all humans were kids before growing old, this painting represents both old and young people, as the covid 19 pandemic rock the earth, it has caused more pains to both the young people losing their parents, friends and family to this deadly virus.

In the painting we can see in the eyes of the lady pain and bravery; which tend to say that even though in pain we still need to be courageous to fight this virus.

The mask which shows the protection and mini prevention of the virus when someone comes in contact with a carrier of the virus.

I made use of brown which is an earth color.

Well, I can see those rough strokes, does that have any significant to the painting?

Yes those rough strokes talks about the pandemic, currently everyone is running for safety and in the process of running from one place to another they have spread the virus to more places creating panic.

So why using a lady to represent your illustration?

A lady is the mother, a lady gave birth to everyone living in the earth and the world is refer to as She or Her.

If I may ask, what medium did you use, I mean the materials and also the size of the work?

Medium: Acrylic and charcoal on paper
Size: 20cm x 14cm

Why do you decided to use Acrylic? Because during my research I found out there are others, e.g, oil color, water color etc

I love using acrylics, I also use oil color but my favorite is acrylics.

Re: Next Contemporary Artist To Watch Out For In Nigeria by News247updates: 12:17am On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Next Contemporary Artist To Watch Out For In Nigeria by News247updates: 12:20am On Apr 08, 2020
Artist: Ariama Andrew Oke
Titled: Courage
Medium: Acrylic and charcoal on paper
Size: 20cm x 14cm

(1) (Reply)

Davido's Fiancee, Chioma Recovers From Coronavirus / Lockdown Gives Me The Opportunity To Spend Time With My Family / Laugh Out Your Worries With These Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.