Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,955 members, 7,873,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: (7565 Views)

Every Right Thinking Yorubas Should Read This To Prevent Another Civil War. / Yorubas Should Never Ever Refer To Northerners As Betrayers Ever Again(photos) / What Yorubas Should Learn From The ESN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2020
For your information,even the North outspaces the SE in it's contribution to the national treasury.
Perhaps you meant the SS and SW(actually,it's mostly Niger-Delta oil money)
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 9:57am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

Was it so with Abiola
Did he become president ? We are talking about people who became president

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 9:57am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Did he become president ? We are talking about people who became president

But he won the election

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 9:58am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

But he won the election
Allegedly won not won
They mean different things

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 10:00am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Allegedly won not won
They mean different things

You are not current. He has now been declared winner which is why he has been awarded the GCFR post-humously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Superwave: 10:04am On Apr 08, 2020
How is it Igbos turn when both the president the north produced are from Kaduna? If you admit Igbos are coward that need Yoruba they beat their chest at to step down for them before they can win the presidency then n only then I might consider but so long you are ahead of everybody in Nigeria someone like me will like you to prove it in 2023 with an Igbo president.

mrvitalis:
The simple truth is only equity and justice can unite the south ...but yorubas want to be the Lord's of the south ....

All igbos are saying is simple , let's as south maintain the zoning formulae , that's the only way any of us stand a chance against north ,
Today it's igbo turn buh just because yorubas think they can get northern votes they want to put an end to zoning ,it's crazy but we igbos just they watch by the side
LabDNA:

The SS is not as greedy you SW and are ready to support their cousins in the SE, you people are desperate to avoid facing the North in PDP because you want to use propaganda to defeat another southerner and hijack the presidency. No, it will not work.

If yoruba will not respect zoning and step down for equity and allow both tickets to be zoned to the SE who have never tasted presidency since democracy returned, they'll have to face the north.

When you are stopped from stealing the presidency, we can start the zoning counting again all over, since you lots are averse to justice and equity. No sentiments here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Apr 08, 2020
Superwave:
How is it Igbos turn when both the president the north produced are from Kaduna? If you admit Igbos are coward that need Yoruba they beat their chest at to step down for them before they can win the presidency then n only then I might consider but so long you are ahead of everybody in Nigeria someone like me will like you to prove it in 2023 with an Igbo president.

I wish the north can just stay out of 2023 let's teach you people small politice ....

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 10:10am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

You are not current. He has now been declared winner which is why he has been awarded the GCFR post-humously.
U mean the political move that won't be celebrated this year ? Go to sleep

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by flokii: 10:10am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

If I was from South West and we make 65% of Nigeria's revenue ( I wonder what oil contribute ) ...supporting this current system means I'm very foolish ...regional government would be my number one target not even presidency

Igbos contribute nothing , we have hear ,help us push for regional government na so we won't steal your 65%

North east and south west contribute 75% of Nigerian revenue , south south say 20% middle belts 3% north west 2% and south east 0% we agree no wahala ...when true federalism start we go know who be who

Oil comtributes just 30% (facts are there and fact don't lie) and with the down turn in oil prices, oil might lose its relevance leaving the "our oyel" chanters to drink their oyel.

Pa Awolowo had the foresight and in fact clamoured for regional governement but your Azikiwe rejected the clause because of greed.

The world is moving on to digital, IT, renewable energy all domiciled in the South West. Even at that we still have our oil in reserve. Yorubas are just blessed naturally.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Seerade029: 10:10am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:
The simple truth is only equity and justice can unite the south ...but yorubas want to be the Lord's of the south ....

All igbos are saying is simple , let's as south maintain the zoning formulae , that's the only way any of us stand a chance against north ,
Today it's igbo turn buh just because yorubas think they can get northern votes they want to put an end to zoning ,it's crazy but we igbos just they watch by the side
LabDNA:

The SS is not as greedy you SW and are ready to support their cousins in the SE, you people are desperate to avoid facing the North in PDP because you want to use propaganda to defeat another southerner and hijack the presidency. No, it will not work.

If yoruba will not respect zoning and step down for equity and allow both tickets to be zoned to the SE who have never tasted presidency since democracy returned, they'll have to face the north.

When you are stopped from stealing the presidency, we can start the zoning counting again all over, since you lots are averse to justice and equity. No sentiments here.

You guys are funny.
When we told you guys to vote for Apc in 2015 then, you're all forming Anthony Joshua, you guys even labelled APC As ewedu party, terrorists party, almajiri party,..

Can't you guys learn how SW divided their votes??

Yet you lost put all your eggs in one Party..
Right now, where you guys can be accepted is pdp,

Iamgrey5, pls, stop responding to these people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Superwave: 10:13am On Apr 08, 2020
Nobody helped you destroy the confederation we enjoyed in Nigeria then n nobody will get it for you now. Have you heard about eating your cake n having it ?! It doesn't work that way.

mrvitalis:

If I was from South West and we make 65% of Nigeria's revenue ( I wonder what oil contribute ) ...supporting this current system means I'm very foolish ...regional government would be my number one target not even presidency

Igbos contribute nothing , we have hear ,help us push for regional government na so we won't steal your 65%

North east and south west contribute 75% of Nigerian revenue , south south say 20% middle belts 3% north west 2% and south east 0% we agree no wahala ...when true federalism start we go know who be who

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 10:15am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

U mean the political move that won't be celebrated this year ? Go to sleep

The post-homous GCFR is a yearly celebration The pain is definitely getting to you... grin

June 12 will soon be here. Coronavirus should be gone by then... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Superwave: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2020
I can assured your father no northerner will be contesting the presidential ticket of both the APC n the PDP n even if they do they will never win it so you do have ample time to tech whatever you desire to teach.

You can take this comment to the world bank.

mrvitalis:

I wish the north can just stay out of 2023 let's teach you people small politice ....
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by flokii: 10:19am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

Their entitlement mentality is so disgusting... angry

They just want to sit back and expect APC and PDP to field Igbo candidates. Infact, PDP won't field their candidate until APC has fielded theirs for obvious reasons... angry What a shame!

And who is even stopping any Igbo person from picking the APC presidential primaries form in 2023

I've said it before that both parties will end up fielding Yoruba candidates and the Igbos will have no choice than to vote one (obviously the PDP flag bearer).

Presidency is not gotten as gift or by playing second fiddle to others. you work for it by playing your cards right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 10:21am On Apr 08, 2020
flokii:

I've said it before that both parties will end up fielding Yoruba candidates and the Igbos will have no choice than to vote one (obviously the PDP flag bearer).

Presidency is not gotten as gift or by playing second fiddle to others. you work for it by playing your cards right.

PDP may not field a Yoruba candidate. But I really want them to field an Igbo candidate. Afterall, Igbos are the only major tribe they are yet to field for the presidential polls.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 10:22am On Apr 08, 2020
Superwave:
I can assured your father no northerner will be contesting the presidential ticket of both the APC n the PDP n even if they do they will never win it so you do have ample time to tech whatever you desire to teach.

You can take this comment to the world bank.

Coming from who ?
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Seerade029: 10:24am On Apr 08, 2020
2015 - 2019
Igbos --- Apc is ewedu party
Igbos --- Apc is a terrorist party
Igbos --- Apc is almajiri party
Igbos --- 95% of votes are for PDP

2019 - date.
Igbos --- we need equity and fairness
Igbos --- zoning must be respected
Igbos --- SW and SS has have there share in presidency
Igbos ---- Igbos should be the presidential flag bearer in 2023

Mrvitalis, LabDNA.
From the above, is that equity??
From the above, do you think apc should give igbo presidency chance?
From the above, can you accept that if the table turns and it was Yorubas clamoring like that??

Cc. Iamgrey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Eastlink(m): 10:24am On Apr 08, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Abacha 1 million match was organized by who

Who voted Sehu Shagari ahead of Awolowo and Zik

Who voted Tofa ahead of Abiola.

Even Alex Ekuweme contested against Obj in PDP primaries and lost because the Northern PDP members voted Obj ahead of Alex.

It's not hatred, it's returning back to status quo.

Igbos can do whatever pleases them, but I hope you won't still blame Yorubas in the near future.

Trash

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 10:25am On Apr 08, 2020
Seerade029:

You guys are funny.
When we told you guys to vote for Apc in 2015 then, you're all forming Anthony Joshua, you guys even labelled APC As ewedu party, terrorists party, almajiri party,..

Can't you guys learn how SW divided their votes??

Yet you lost put all your eggs in one Party..
Right now, where you guys can be accepted is pdp,

Iamgrey5, pls, stop responding to these people

Oga you sound like a dementee, you don't have the right to tell the East how to vote, especially for a known shariaist and nepotist, we've voted Shagari and Yar'adua who are northern before. But buhari remains a no-no and have vindicated the East with his mental incompetence. He is not greater than the north or nigeria, when he dies, politics will still go on.

Vote pattern or not, the basic principle of zoning if it must be respected to the 't', makes yoruba unqualified to be president in 2023.

Good a thing, yoruba have never successfully made a yorubaman president, your electoral fortunes are not better than the East. Go and ask Falaye and Awo in his grave. You started helping candidates to win elections just yesterday in 2015 since 1950s when Awo and Zik started contesting elections.

So historically speaking, your electoral values and records are still poor compared to the East.

Take a sit and learn.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 08, 2020
You Yoruba’s are pathetic and would not make heaven with the countless lies you spew on Ndigbo. I understand you intend to gourde Ndigbo into voting your Yoruba candidate but that idea is dead on arrival. The idea died since 2007 after the 2nd term of Yoruba man Olusegun Obasanjo of which Ndigbo supported. That idea would never repeat itself again until the dissolution of Nigeria, because you guys never reciprocate the kind gestures of others.

Imagine your false analysis. Some of you don’t know anything about Ndigbo except those fed you by your propaganda Lagos-Ibadan media. You sit in your bedrooms and analyze issues that are beyond your understanding. How do you mean the Igbos haven’t contested under the major political parties?

Sometimes I get angry with a lot of Yoruba’s and how you downplay or belittle the political efforts of the Igbos. This was how you guys kept deceiving the indomie generations that Ndigbo have never supported the Yoruba political ambitions, until facts were brought forth.

1. On Abiola support, you repeated this trash countless times until the voting results of the 1993 elections was posted on nairaland which busted your falsehood. Abiola winning Anambra and getting over 40% votes in all eastern states despite having an Igbo as running mate for the NRC.

2. You lied again that Ndigbo never stood with you Yoruba’s during the June 12 struggle. Still yet, we saw the row call of the founders of NADECO with a large host of Igbo activists. We saw an Nwankwo as the Vice Chairman of NADECO, we saw a large number of known Igbo elder statesmen who stood their feet. We also saw the likes of Agbakoba, Ubani, Chris Anyanwu etc in Abacha’s dungeon. Lastly, we saw the likes of Ekwueme with his leadership of the G-30 which fought the junta till democracy was gifted in 1999. But because of the exploits of the youthful Daniel Kanu who wasn’t different from the Yoruba leaders who sold out to Abacha, the Igbo nation was ridiculed by you miserable loud mouths. Did Daniel Kanu influence decisions? Didn’t Abacha promote the likes of Adisa and other Yoruba Generals as his deputies before their involvement in a coup? Where these Yoruba Generals not the ones who killed your activists the likes of Kudirat Abiola?.

3. Before you come out spreading your falsehood about Ndigbo, below are the major parties and candidates from 1979 - 2018. Those who platform Ndigbo vied for the Presidency as well as those we supported.

1979 - 1983
NPP: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe
The NPP won three states in Nigeria, Plateau, Imo, Anambra. Ndigbo votes massively for Zik, as a matter of fact it was the present SS states that Shagari got his key votes down south. The breakaway GNPP faction led by Waziri Ibrahim won Borno state.
NPN: Alex Ekwueme was running mate to Shehu Shagari.

1992-1993 Presidential Election
SDP: Arthur Nzeribe was disqualified
NRC: Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu was disqualified and a host of other notable Igbo sons by Babangida appointed NEC screening committee. This was why no notable Igbo contested for Presidency.
Rather Sylvester Ugoh became running mate to NRC Bashir Tofa.

1999 Presidential Elections
PDP: Alex Ekwueme lost Primary to Obasanjo. Igbos supported Obasanjo’s candidacy.
APP: Ogbannaya Onu dropped ambition for Olu Falae and his party the ANPP merged with AD to form the APP for the Presidential election.

2003 Presidential Election
APGA: Ikemba Ojukwu. Came third with 1 million votes after Buhari who came second.
ANPP: Chuba Okadigbo contested as running mate with Muhammadu Buhari.

2007 Presidential Election
ADP: Pat Utomi
PDP: Rochas Okorocha came 2nd in the primary that produced Umaru Musa Yar’adua. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala came a distant third.
ANPP: Edwin-Ume Ezeoke was running mate to Muhammadu Buhari.

PDP: This was the first time no Igbo contested. The GEJ candidacy was supported.

UPP: Chekwas Okolie

YPP: Kingsley Moghalu whose party won the Anambra South senatorial seat.
PDP: Peter Obi was running mate to Atiku Abubakar
APC: Rochas Okorocha stepped down for Buhari.
APGA: Jerry Chukwueke was running mate to John Gbor

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by flokii: 10:27am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

PDP may not field a Yoruba candidate. But I really want them to field an Igbo candidate. Afterall, Igbos are the only major tribe they are yet to field for the presidential polls.

Once APC fields a Yoruba candidate as President with a strong Northerner as VP, It's game over. Northerners are just like Yorubas, they keep and respect the North-South zoning though it's not legally written anywhere but it has been and it will be so for peace and equity.

Back to the zoning issue.. PDP will be forced to counter Yoruba with Yoruba with maybe Igbo as VP but same thing that befell Atiku will bafall whomever they choose.

Very simple politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by obaaderemi: 10:32am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

You really don't get it ...we are saying to yorubas obey zoning or we show u that not only you can be crazy enough to vote north it's simple

Igbos would never stand by n watch north mess up a Yoruba man , reason we took obasanjo as our own ...even if we didn't want to we were vocal on sowore it's our nature

Igbo would never support a Yoruba man in 2023 not out of hate or envy but simply because it's not right an d it's unjust ....even if it was south south turn or middle belt turn we would still do the same thing

Igbos really don't care about political position reason we can let it out untill yorubas learn
Then it's better not to vote at all than voting for a northerner.
After what happened shortly before and during the civil war and also June 12, I still find it hard how an Igbo or Yoruba can vote for a northerner. I will rather not vote at all than vote an Hausa- Fulani/ northerner.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Iamgrey5(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2020
Seerade029:
2015 - 2019

2019 - date.

Mrvitais, LabNA.
From the above, can you accept that if the table turns and it was Yorubas clamoring like that??

Cc. Iamey
Bro like you have advised me earlier, I don't want to argue over an issue that will not change anything in reality.

2023 will surely be an interesting year and what will happen after.

The Hausa Fulani Kanuri club up north have ruled this nation for more 85% of its existence and Yoruba only less than 10% by one single person.

Fulani are preparing to rule for another 8 years and igbos are ready to support them, but the igbos will rather see Yorubas as the greedy ones or enemy of igbos.

I don't know why Igbos cannot force the greedy Fulani in PDP to give them the ticket, it's not like the PDP have anything to loose.

PDP can field an igbo as president and the likes of Kwakwaso who is very popular in the north as vice president.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 10:42am On Apr 08, 2020
Seerade029:
2015 - 2019

2019 - date.

Mrvitalis, LabDNA.

Cc. Iamgrey

Let's go back in history

1959 election
Yorubas- Igbos want to dominate Nigeria
- Igbos want to take our land
- Igbo must not win election in Lagos

1979 elections
Yoruba- A vote for Igbo is a vote for Biafra
-Igbo must not be president.
- Igbo please vote for Awo but we will not vote you.

1993 elections
Yoruba- Igbo must not be president
-A vote for Igbo is a vote for Biafra
-MKO does not need Igbo votes

1999 elections
Yoruba- We must not vote Igbo.
- A vote for Igbo is a vote for Biafra
- Igbo must vote Olu falaye.

2003 election
- Igbo will never be president.
- We must not vote Biafra.

The above is the representation of yoruba historic propaganda against Ndigbo since pre-independence.
These propaganda are all published in archived yoruba newspapers like Concorde, Punch, Tribune, Daily champion, Alaroye etc. We have copies and have waited for this day to remind you.

If you were born yesterday, go and ask your father to tell you the truth if he is honest enough and literate enough to read and write.

You are not talking to a neonate in Nigerian political history. You are a small boy here.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:48am On Apr 08, 2020
Iamgrey5:
All over the internet today, some people are begging their northern masters to take them back and forgive them for voting a southerner in 2015.

We Yorubas have dealt with Fulani, Hausas and Nupe (Muslim north) before the advent of Nigeria and we already understand how to deal with them.

Meanwhile some people are still learning.

Sense: none

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

Let's go back in history

1959 election
Yorubas- Igbos want to dominate Nigeria
- Igbos want to take our land
- Igbo must not win election in Lagos

1979 elections
Yoruba- A vote for Igbo is a vote for Biafra
-Igbo must not be president.
- Igbo please vote for Awo but we will not vote you.

1993 elections
Yoruba- Igbo must not be president
-A vote for Igbo is a vote for Biafra
-MKO does not need Igbo votes

1999 elections
- A vote for Igbo is a vote for Biafra
- Igbo must vote Olu falaye.

2003 election
- Igbo will never be president.
- We must not vote Biafra.

The above is the representation of yoruba historic propaganda against Ndigbo since pre-independence.
These propaganda are all published in archived yoruba newspapers like Concorde, Punch, Tribune, Daily champion, Alaroye etc. We have copies and have waited for this day to remind you.

If you were born yesterday, go and ask your father to tell you the truth if he is literate enough to read and write and honest enough to tell you the truth.

There are demons in human form, but the whole country now understands their game. The Igbos have been the masquerade they see in their dreams. From Yoruba Ronu nonsense in the 1960’s till this day, the demons have refused to change their tribalistic attitude.
Yoruba’s are the trouble with Nigeria - Lamido Sanusi 1998 Arewa house speech Kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Turantula(m): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2020
Iamgrey5:
All over the internet today, some people are begging their northern masters to take them back and forgive them for voting a southerner in 2015.

We Yorubas have dealt with Fulani, Hausas and Nupe (Muslim north) before the advent of Nigeria and we already understand how to deal with them.

Meanwhile some people are still learning.
Says Oba of Ilorin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:52am On Apr 08, 2020
The igbo man knows he will get no love from the hausa man, it is the Yoruba that need a reeducation

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 10:52am On Apr 08, 2020
flokii:

Once APC fields a Yoruba candidate as President with a strong Northerner as VP, It's game over. Northerners are just like Yorubas, they keep and respect the North-South zoning though it's not legally written anywhere but it has been and it will be so for peace and equity.

Back to the zoning issue.. PDP will be forced to counter Yoruba with Yoruba with maybe Igbo as VP but same thing that befell Atiku will bafall whomever they choose.

Very simple politics.

The former part of the bolded is highly unlikely while the latter part is impossible! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 10:58am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

I know yorubas like the back of my palm and I know how they think.

Let me tell you the gimmick they'll try to use in 2023.
Before APC primaries They'll sponsor 5th columnists agents within PDP to blackmail, goad, and try to armtwist the PDP to surrender their ticket to a Southerner (not because they love the south but to make yoruba APC chances brighter).
They'll even take it further trying to ensure a yoruba man gets the ticket.
Ofcourse it will not work. I've written to PDP warning them about the danger of being forced to hold primaries before APC holds theirs.

Let APC prop up their candidate as the ruling party, if yoruba picks it, then a walk over for PDP as they have no option to defeat them with a northerner.
If the South East picks the APC ticket, then truly zoning has been honored and PDP will have no other option than to comply pick an Easterner or lose it's greatest support base south of the Niger.

The bottom line is that if a yoruba gets the APC ticket, it means zoning has died and that makes a northerner also eligible for the PDP ticket. The East in the PDP should not be goaded and stampeded into facing the yorubas on APC ticket, since yorubas do not believe in zoning, then let them go and face certain failure at the polls like Awo did against Shagari.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 08, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
[s]For your information,even the North outspaces the SE in it's contribution to the national treasury.
Perhaps you meant the SS and SW(actually,it's mostly Niger-Delta oil money)[/s]
Trash! Which part of the north outpaces the SE? Is it NW, NE or NC? No part of north can lace the SE shoes in the contributions to the federal revenue. The oil wells in Imo, Abia and Anambra covers all the groundnuts and mining activities that the Notth brings to the table. Even the Industries in the SE dwarfs all what you have in Kano and Kaduna. The operations of the multinational oil firm in Imo alone dwarf all the peanuts you’ve ever contributed since independence.
We are talking about billions of dollars here and not peanuts.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

I know yorubas like the back of my palm and I know how they think.

Let me tell you the gimmick they'll try to use in 2023.
Before APC primaries They'll sponsor 5th columnists agents within PDP to blackmail, goad, and try to armtwist the PDP to surrender their ticket to a Southerner (not because they love the south but to make yoruba APC chances brighter).
They'll even take it further trying to ensure a yoruba man gets the ticket.
Ofcourse it will not work. I've written to PDP warning them about the danger of being forced to hold primaries before APC holds theirs.

Let APC prop up their candidate as the ruling party, if yoruba picks it, then a walk over for PDP as they have no option to defeat them with a northerner.
If the South East picks the APC ticket, then truly zoning has been honored and PDP will have no other option than to comply pick an Easterner or lose it's greatest support base south of the Niger.

The bottom line is that if a yoruba gets the APC ticket, it means zoning has died and that make a northerner eligible for the PDP ticket. The East in the PDP should not be goaded into facing the yorubas on APC ticket, since yorubas do not believe in zoning, then let them fail at the polls like Awo did against Shagari.
This is my thoughts also.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! / Peter Obi: The Worst Thing To Happen To Igbos Since Independence / Ahmad Salihijo Ahmad, Delivering Rural Electrification Across Nigeria - ARECON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.