Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,380 members, 7,881,367 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:54 PM

The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: (7592 Views)

Every Right Thinking Yorubas Should Read This To Prevent Another Civil War. / Yorubas Should Never Ever Refer To Northerners As Betrayers Ever Again(photos) / What Yorubas Should Learn From The ESN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LivingSage: 11:07am On Apr 09, 2020
How many Igbos has contested for presidency? Or is it ojukwu that couldn't even ganer 20%. Of Igbo's votes you wanna talk about
mrvitalis:

Which Igbo have u voted against igbo wish ?
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by DeViNe007: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2020
LabDNA:

Mr illiterate Ewedurudeen, you are my experimental lab wister rat while I remain your Scientist. That's what your constitution says.

The North transcends Buhari. Ahmadu Bello is greater than Buharo yet after Ahmadu Bello was killed, with all the yoruba ant-Igbo propaganda Igbo still got VP and several Senate president position.

When Buhari goes and a level headed Northerner come aboard, water will still find it's level. I served in the North and Abokiis consider yorubanza politically unreliable, helping other tribes to win election for the first time just yesterday in 2015 because your son was running mate won't change anything.

Buhari is the most incompetent northern leader, many of them are ashamed of him. When he is gone like Ahmadu bello, the north will still play politics, your propaganda nonetheless. Get a proper education.

So nna you now agree that youIGBOS ARE INDEED THE FIRST AND THE WORLD FAMOUS HAUSA-FULANI ASS LICKERS,AND YOU IGBOS

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2020
LivingSage:
How many Igbos has contested for presidency? Or is it ojukwu that couldn't even ganer 20%. Of Igbo's votes you wanna talk about
Ojukwu disobeyed zoning ,we are principled except it's in the greater intrest like Jonathan case
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by DeViNe007: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2020
LabDNA:

Mr illiterate Ewedurudeen, you are my experimental lab wister rat while I remain your Scientist. That's what your constitution says.

The North transcends Buhari. Ahmadu Bello is greater than Buharo yet after Ahmadu Bello was killed, with all the yoruba ant-Igbo propaganda Igbo still got VP and several Senate president position.

When Buhari goes and a level headed Northerner come aboard, water will still find it's level. I served in the North and Abokiis consider yorubanza politically unreliable, helping other tribes to win election for the first time just yesterday in 2015 because your son was running mate won't change anything.

Buhari is the most incompetent northern leader, many of them are ashamed of him. When he is gone like Ahmadu bello, the north will still play politics, your propaganda nonetheless. Get a proper education.

Nna!Mr lab,WITH ALL YOUR HUBRIS IT WAS,ONLY 21% OF THE VOTES YOU LOTS GAVE ATIKU DESPITE THE FACT ONE OF YOU WAS HIS V

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by citizenY(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol ask anyone here my presidential election calculation have never been wrong ....
Vote turn out in the east have been low since 2015 ...if north is not contesting same thing is bound to happen

There is absolutely no way APC can get more than 60% in Kano without buhari or a northerner on that sit

Peter obi would finish anyone from the West in a debate ...your media won't even save u

Forget about Peter Obi. You are losing the debate here. Your position on many aspects on this matter ranging from the hilarious,insolent and outrageously false conclusions cannot help your case.

If you are the poster boy for this campaign, you have lost already. What makes you think that a voter will not consider his fortunes before voting. With the way you spew all imaginable invectives on the northerner, you expect him not to take this into consideration before voting?

Somewhere, deeply inside you, you will send northerners to the north pole, or expel them from Nigeria once your brother becomes president, or exterminate them within your tenure.

You may not realise it but you are not helping your case and those who want to see you succeed. In your usual manner, I accept in advance, your insolence.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by oyatz(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2020
Can we meet privately, pls?

Precious4real50:
Everyday new Igbo topic shocked

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by DeViNe007: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Ojukwu disobeyed zoning ,we are principled except it's in the greater intrest like Jonathan case

Nna!you always believe that you people are the smartest,SO OJUKWU BETRADE ZONING ACCORDING TO YOU AND YOU IGBOS VOTED FOR HIM WITH 1MILLION VOTES.NOW LET TELL YOU LOTS SOMETHING,YORUBAS WOULD PREFER THE HAUSA-FULANI TO RULE FOR LIFE,WHY?BECAUSE OUR EYES BECAME OPENED TO THE DEEP ROOTED HATRED IGBOS AS A PEOPLE HAS FOR WE YORUBAS,DURING JONATHAN REIGN,AND BELIEVE YOU ME WE WILL NEVER FORGET.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by oyatz(m): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2020
The south consist of so many tribes with so many politicians.

How can the whole South unite?
How do you enforce this unity?

mrvitalis:

No southerner can be president without the south uniting part is just a logo ....
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 11:49am On Apr 09, 2020
DeViNe007:

Nna!you always believe that you smart,SO OJUKWU BETRADE ZONING ACCORDING TO YOU AND YOU IGBOS VOTED FOR HIM WITH 1MILLION VOTES.NOW LET TELL YOU LOTS SOMETHING,YORUBAS WOULD PREFER THE HAUSA-FULANI TO RULE FOR LIFE,WHY?BECAUSE OUR EYES BECAME OPENED TO THE DEEP ROOTED HATRED IGBOS AS A PEOPLE HAS WE THE YORUBAS,DURING JONATHAN REIGN,AND BELIEVE ME WILL NEVER FORGET.
Ojukwu got 1 million votes ? Are u high ? Smh
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 11:50am On Apr 09, 2020
oyatz:
The south consist of so many tribes with so many politicians.

How can the whole South unite?
How do you enforce this unity?

Simple equity n justice ...zoning should be respected ...if south can unite with northern Christians / minority we can rule the country
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol ask anyone here my presidential election calculation have never been wrong ....
Vote turn out in the east have been low since 2015 ...if north is not contesting same thing is bound to happen

There is absolutely no way APC can get more than 60% in Kano without buhari or a northerner on that sit

Peter obi would finish anyone from the West in a debate ...your media won't even save u

You are such an ignoramus. Then again I can't blame you. Igbos never work with reality. Only sentiments and delusions.

You need to tell us how many times the brightest orators have won elections in Nigeria.

I won't even dignify your exaltation of Obi, as against his SW colleagues, with an answer because even Amosun is by far Obi's senior in the eyes of Nigerians let alone Fashola, Tinubu, Aregbe, Osinbajo etal.

It is even disgraceful that the so-called mighty Igbo have only the effeminate, uncharismatic, unliked and dour Peter Obi as their Ace in the pack whereas the SW is 'loaded' . This dearth of appealing leaders is enough for sensible Igbos to go and ponder on.

Suffice to say if debating skills won votes then Yar Adua, GEJ and Buhari would all never have been President. This is why you Igbos lose always. You are highly ignorant and unrealistic yet you see yourselves to be something else.

Igbos will make a kerosine bomb they will be touting it Hiroshima-level world class nuclear bomb. No wonder Peter Obi now resembles Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello and Zik rolled into one for you delusional people.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by DeViNe007: 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Simple equity n justice ...zoning should be respected ...if south can unite with northern Christians / minority we can rule the country

Nna!my brothers are just being diplomatic with you,now listen,WE ARE OKAY BEEN INDEPENDENT OF ANY GROUP,IN POLITICS WE ARE NEITHER SOUTH NOR NORTH,YOU LOTS CAN GO AHEAD AND TEAM UP WITH THE SOUTH-SOUTHZ,BENUE-PLATEAU AND THE NORTHERN CHRISTIANS TO GIVE YOU THE PRESIDENT IN 2023.Thank you.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
citizenY:

Forget about Peter Obi. You are losing the debate here. Your position on many aspects on this matter ranging from the hilarious,insolent and outrageously false conclusions cannot help your case.

If you are the poster boy for this campaign, you have lost already. What makes you think that a voter will not consider his fortunes before voting. With the way you spew all imaginable invectives on the northerner, you expect him not to take this into consideration before voting?

Somewhere, deeply inside you, you will send northerners to the north pole, or expel them from Nigeria once your brother becomes president, or exterminate them within your tenure.

You may not realise it but you are not helping your case and those who want to see you succeed. In your usual manner, I accept in advance, your insolence.

When Igbos talk they always reek of desperation and unbelievable ignorance. We are talking years and decades of dislike and distrust many Nigerians, for good reason, Harbour against Igbos. Yet some desperado is now telling us Obi just has to mount a podium and debate for Nigerians to vote him President.

Never read anything so comical in my life. This is why some of us consider that the Igbos will always be hopeless.

To look at why Igbos are fundamentally disliked and unelectable is not their concern. Their focus is on how some mumbo jumbo will help them reap where they have not sown.

Be an overt hater and enemy to every Nigerian ethnic group for 364 days of the year to then expect them cast their vote for you on the 365th day of the year. Only the deluded Igbos can think like that.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by oyatz(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
This is very hilarious.

Each political party will determine how to chose their presidential candidates.

Those that want to use 'zoning' will decide where they want to zone to.

It has nothing to do with Yorubs (out of over 300 tribes in Nigeria).

LabDNA:

The SS is not as greedy you SW and are ready to support their cousins in the SE, you people are desperate to avoid facing the North in PDP because you want to use propaganda to defeat another southerner and hijack the presidency. No, it will not work.

If yoruba will not respect zoning and step down for equity and allow both tickets to be zoned to the SE who have never tasted presidency since democracy returned, they'll have to face the north.

When you are stopped from stealing the presidency, we can start the zoning counting again all over, since you lots are averse to justice and equity. No sentiments here.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
oyatz:
This is very hilarious.

Let him continue fooling himself and deluding other Igbo with their usual resolve for blaming all their woes on Yorubas.

Intelligent men know Igbo Presidential ambition, for reasons entirely unconnected with the Yorubas, is a non-starter at the most important level of all. I.e Political Party level. It is an open secret the PDP does not have Igbos in its plans as far as a presidential candidate is concerned.

Whereas the Igbos in the APC themselves dare not raise their hand out of shame for what their kinsmen and region have done to humiliate, hound and repel APC.

When the APC and PDP Presidential voting caucuses, including many non-Yorubas, show no interest in an Igbo candidate, why are the hateful Igbo blaming the Yorubas for that instead of trying to sell themselves at Party level.

It is like a hurdler in a race who is too short to clear the first hurdle now blaming able contestants who have gone past 7 hurdles already and are approaching the finishing line.

I expect Igbos to be shouting "betrayer" at Yorubas when the candidates of the APC and PDP emerge and non is Igbo because, once again, Igbos will refuse they are the cause of their own downfall and not Yorubas.

All their focus is on Yorubas today rather than reaching out to the caucuses and influence groups in the APC and PDP. In reality, how many Northern PDP and APC primary voting delegate will go for an Igbo candidate? Only disgrace loading for the Igbo candidate with the way Igbos are carrying on currently.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by oyatz(m): 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
Can you please explain how you will enforce this zoning stuff you keep saying?

How are you going to stop Non-Igbo Nigerians from seeking their parties' presidential ticket or even constesting the main election?

Igbo presidential aspirants will not make this kind of statements.

LabDNA:

Oga you sound like a dementee, you don't have the right to tell the East how to vote, especially for a known shariaist and nepotist, we've voted Shagari and Yar'adua who are northern before. But buhari remains a no-no and have vindicated the East with his mental incompetence. He is not greater than the north or nigeria, when he dies, politics will still go on.

Vote pattern or not, the basic principle of zoning if it must be respected to the 't', makes yoruba unqualified to be president in 2023.

Good a thing, yoruba have never successfully made a yorubaman president, your electoral fortunes are not better than the East. Go and ask Falaye and Awo in his grave. You started helping candidates to win elections just yesterday in 2015 since 1950s when Awo and Zik started contesting elections.

So historically speaking, your electoral values and records are still poor compared to the East.

Take a sit and learn.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by oyatz(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Most of the Igbo commentators on this forum are actually between 21-30 years of age. They don't have adequate knowledge of how Nigerian politics work and thus approach political debates with emotional outbursts which is not supported by Logic or History.

Experienced and matured Igbo politicians like Peter Obi, Ike Enweremadu, Dave Umahi etc don't make these kinds of statements.

Oshigun:

Let him continue fooling himself and deluding other Igbo with their usual resolve for blaming all their woes on Yorubas.

Intelligent men know Igbo Presidential ambition, for reasons entirely unconnected with the Yorubas, is a non-starter at the most important level of all. I.e Political Party level. It is an open secret the PDP does not have Igbos in its plans as far as a presidential candidate is concerned.

Whereas the Igbos in the APC themselves dare not raise their hand out of shame for what their kinsmen and region have done to humiliate, hound and repel APC.

When the APC and PDP Presidential voting caucuses, including many non-Yorubas, show no interest in an Igbo candidate, why are the hateful Igbo blaming the Yorubas for that instead of trying to sell themselves at Party level.

It is like a hurdler in a race who is too short to clear the first hurdle now blaming able contestants who have gone past 7 hurdles already and are approaching the finishing line.

I expect Igbos to be shouting "betrayer" at Yorubas when the candidates of the APC and PDP emerge and non is Igbo because, once again, Igbos will refuse they are the cause of their own downfall and not Yorubas.

All their focus is on Yorubas today rather than reaching out to the caucuses and influence groups in the APC and PDP. In reality, how many Northern PDP and APC primary voting delegate will go for an Igbo candidate? Only disgrace loading for the Igbo candidate with the way Igbos are carrying on currently.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by oyatz(m): 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
People who aren't members of any political parties don't fully understand how politicians and political parties operate.

They wrongly assume politicians join politics primarily to protect their tribal interests. However, in reality SELF interests is the major and motivating factors why politicians join politics.

Political parties account for 70% of the success or failures in an election.

This is the reason why three and half parties fused together in 2013 to form the APC.

This is the reasons why seasoned politicians seek to control their parties.

The candidate of the strongest party in 2023 will win the election.

LabDNA:

I know yorubas like the back of my palm and I know how they think.

Let me tell you the gimmick they'll try to use in 2023.
Before APC primaries They'll sponsor 5th columnists agents within PDP to blackmail, goad, and try to armtwist the PDP to surrender their ticket to a Southerner (not because they love the south but to make yoruba APC chances brighter).
They'll even take it further trying to ensure a yoruba man gets the ticket.
Ofcourse it will not work. I've written to PDP warning them about the danger of being forced to hold primaries before APC holds theirs.

Let APC prop up their candidate as the ruling party, if yoruba picks it, then a walk over for PDP as they have no option to defeat them with a northerner.
If the South East picks the APC ticket, then truly zoning has been honored and PDP will have no other option than to comply pick an Easterner or lose it's greatest support base south of the Niger.

The bottom line is that if a yoruba gets the APC ticket, it means zoning has died and that makes a northerner also eligible for the PDP ticket. The East in the PDP should not be goaded and stampeded into facing the yorubas on APC ticket, since yorubas do not believe in zoning, then let them go and face certain failure at the polls like Awo did against Shagari.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
oyatz:
Most of the Igbo commentators on this forum are actually between 21-30 years of age. They don't have adequate knowledge of how Nigerian politics work and thus approach political debates with emotional outbursts which is not supported by Logic or History.

Experienced and matured Igbo politicians like Peter Obi, Ike Enweremadu, Dave Umahi etc don't make these kinds of statements.

This is true. Aside this the Igbos are disliked passionately for never being fair to others. They are lawless and only want rules to be followed when it favors them.

They will, in full view of the world, murder the leaders of others and spare their own. Never mind how other will view that. They will attack Tinubu viciously for not donating to Covid-19 fight yet same Igbos will argue Peter Obi has the right not to donate a kobo.

Even inspecting their talk that others should follow zoning orders, who went against this rebellliously and disobediently in the APC Party Primaries of 2015 if not Igboman Rochas Okorocha?

The APC had settled on a Northern candidate. Respectfully, no Yoruba contested that Primaries but Okorocha did. We're Igbos called names or vilified for Okorocha's action? Did anyone try to force Okorocha to quit? Today these same Igbos want PDP and APC to just gift their Party tickets to Igbos with no contest from any other ethnic group.

Anyone swayed by the "equity and fairness" noise of the Igbos is a mumu ignorant of history and the hypocritical behavior Igbos always want to deploy when they wish to reap where they have not sown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/buhari-wins-apc-presidential-primaries/amp/

Buhari wins APC presidential primaries
ON DECEMBER 11, 20145:54 PM

Former Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari has won the presidential primary election of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

He polled 3,430 votes to get the ticket.

His votes outnumbered those of Kano State governor, Dr Rabiu Kwankwanso and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar who got 974 and 954 votes respectively.

While Owelle Rochas Okorocha got 624, Sam Nda-Isaiah scored 10 votes as16 voided votes were recorded.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
oyatz:
This is very hilarious.

It is the greatest disservice to your common sense to pretend that ethicity and religion are not key factors in the political dynamics of the Nigerian politicosphere.

Self-deceit is not illegal. Have your fill. grin
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 2:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
oyatz:
People who aren't members of any political parties don't fully understand how politicians and political parties operate.

They wrongly assume politicians join politics primarily to protect their tribal interests. However, in reality SELF interests is the major and motivating factors why politicians join politics.

Political parties account for 70% of the success or failures in an election.

This is the reason why three and half parties fused together in 2013 to form the APC.

This is the reasons why seasoned politicians seek to control their parties.

The candidate of the strongest party in 2023 will win the election.

Be not deceived!

The same active politicians come here to read our comments and gauge the feeling of their supporters and sometimes 'steal' our initiatives.

I have made comments here and the next day open newspapers to find some political writers rehashing the same comments and ideologies I propagated, in parts or whole. You underestimate the reach of this forum.

Pre-2015 Lie Mohammed your renowned 'Joseph Goebell' of APC, was literarily sleeping on this forum day and night, fishing for anti-GEJ and anti-PDP comments which he usually published the next day on the The Nation's newspapers no matter how inflammatory.

Go do your findings.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
LabDNA:

Be not deceived!

The same active politicians come here to read our comments and gauge the feeling of their supporters and sometimes 'steal' our initiatives b

I have made comments here and the next day open newspapers to find some political writers rehashing the same comments and ideologies I propagated, in parts or whole. You underestimate the reach of this forum.

Pre-2015 Lie Mohammed your renowned 'Joseph Goebell' of APC, was literarily sleeping on this forum day and night, fishing for anti-GEJ and anti-PDP comments which he usually published the next day on the The Nation's newspapers no matter how inflammatory.

Go do your findings.

Igbo man. Long on sentimental empty talk but seriously lacking at everything else. Even commonsense.

He now wants us to believe politicians are reading Nairaland and will use his utterance to craft strategies. What a grade A otondo.

My friend, when you are done dancing soapy with yourself, come and tell us of any Igbo candidate who has the clout, popularity, political charisma, goodwill, power of persuasion, deal-making ability and means to sway the majority of delegates to grant him/her the PDP or APC Presidential ticket.

Shebi it is to insult the likes of Tinubu all day while you ignore your own local champion riffraffs who can never win any election outside Ala Igbo? Well you will realize when internal Party horsetrading begin in 2022 that Political players and machinery in the SW are far superior to the pathetic offering from the SE.

Oyatz has already and correctly told you that majority of politicians join politics for their own permanent interests and not because of ethnic/clannish proclivities. He also offered that 70% of electoral success is created at Political Party level even before the public go to the polls. It is only you Igbos who will not accept this but your eyes will clear during the PDP and APC primaries for the 2023 elections.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Oshigun:

Igbo man. Long on sentimental empty talk but seriously lacking at everything else. Even commonsense.

He now wants us to believe politicians are reading Nairaland and will use his utterance to craft strategies. What a grade A otondo.

My friend, when you are done dancing soapy with yourself, come and tell us of any Igbo candidate who has the clout, popularity, political charisma, goodwill, power of persuasion, deal-making ability and means to sway the majority of delegates to grant him/her the PDP or APC Presidential ticket.

Shebi it is to insult the likes of Tinubu all day while you ignore your own local champion riffraffs who can never win any election outside Ala Igbo? Well you will realize when internal Party horsetrading begin in 2022 that Political players and machinery in the SW are far superior to the pathetic offering from the SE.

Oyatz has already and correctly told you that majority of politicians join politics for their own permanent interests and not because of ethnic/clannish proclivities. He also offered that 70% of electoral success is created at Political Party level even before the public go to the polls. It is only you Igbos who will not accept this but your eyes will clear during the PDP and APC primaries for the 2023 elections.

No sentiments here just facts. Awolowo also did all the horse-trading in the world, including killing and insulting Ndigbo just so he can be in the good books of the North, he failed severally at the national level.

That Tinubu emptied his treasury to grease the palms of 306 house of reps members to elect Gbaja cannot be replicated at the national level. Alumajiris will collect your 'kaffir' money and still vote their own, the East will also collect your money and stick to their electoral belief. grin

Do not be too confident, amala politics starts and ends in your enclave. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nexus25(f): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
LabDNA:

No sentiments here just facts. Awolowo also did all the horse-trading in the world, including killing and insulting Ndigbo just so he can be in the good books of the North, he failed severally at the national level.

That Tinubu emptied his treasury to grease the palms of 306 house of reps members to elect Gbaja cannot be replicated at the national level. Alumajiris will collect your 'kaffir' money and still vote their own, the East will also collect your money and stick to their electoral belief. grin

Do not be too confident, amala politics starts and end in your enclave. grin

The same Amala politics produced the second and fourth citizens of the country.

The same Amala politics enthroned Jonathan in 2011

The same Amala politics dethroned him in 2015

Amala politics is a powerful one, would you not rather ride with them?

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
mrvitalis:

Ojukwu got 1 million votes ? Are u high ? Smh
True Ojukwu got 1 million votes in 2003. But that was the era Igbos voted enmass, there were no political apathy.
While Obasanjo scored more than 5 million Igbo votes.
This was also the period the SW decided to vote for Obasanjo as he faced a bigger threat from Buhari’s ANPP.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nexus25:

The same Amala politics produced the second and fourth citizens of the country.

The same Amala politics enthroned Jonathan in 2011

The same Amala politics dethroned him in 2015

Amala politics is a powerful one, would you not rather ride with them?

Grand Delusions are not illegal my friend.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Oshigun:

When Igbos talk they always reek of desperation and unbelievable ignorance. We are talking years and decades of dislike and distrust many Nigerians, for good reason, Harbour against Igbos.
This so called years of dislike is untrue. How come the Igbos emerge VP first over the Yoruba who had the so called years of trust. Do not forget, it was until 1999 the Yoruba’s got their first elected President. And the emergence of Obasanjo was not even the making of the Yoruba’s. On the other hand, the Igbos have gotten the VP in Alex Ekwueme, the Speaker In Edwin Ume-Ezeoke and a splinter Igbo tribe in Cross River as Senate President in the person of Chief Joseph Wayas. All this happened in 1979.

The likes of Edwin Ume-Ezeoke was in NPP but got that position due the NPP common agreement with the NPN. However, after the demise of Zik in 1996, the Igbos became weak politically because the likes of Alex Ekwueme who ought to have galvanized Igbo politically was just a technocrat who got his political recognition by sheer luck. He was found out as a paperweight in the Jos convention. While men like Edwin Ume-Ezeoke and Sam Mbakwe who had the privilege to have learnt from Zik were no where to be found. Another Zik protege in the person of Chief Jim Nwobodo worked for his own pocket by assisting in the enthronement of Obasanjo in the Jos convention. And we know why? Because even in the second Republic when Jim Nwobodo of the NPP was Governor in the old Anambra state he had some personal beef to settle with Alex Ekwueme of the NPN. That beef culminated in Jos in 1999 where the likes of Solomon Lar another former NPP henchman helped to destroy Alex Ekwueme.

Despite the Igbo issues, the question remains, where was the much trusted Yoruba all those years. Yes, the so called trusted and politically sagacious Yoruba all those while. Truth be told, your so called political might started just yesterday in 2015, so don’t beat your dry chest yet?
Yet some desperado is now telling us Obi just has to mount a podium and debate for Nigerians to vote him President.
Never read anything so comical in my life. This is why some of us consider that the Igbos will always be hopeless.

To look at why Igbos are fundamentally disliked and unelectable is not their concern. Their focus is on how some mumbo jumbo will help them reap where they have not sown
Forget the so called hate you Yoruba’s tend to spill. The Igbo only got their politics wrong from 2003. First, when groups such as MASSOB gained ground and that had a voting toll on the populace. Rumors have it that the likes of Obasanjo was instrumental in the rise of groups such OPC/NDVPF/MASSOB who he empowered against northern Sharia disturbances, but when the purpose of these groups were served, he had them arrested.
Secondly, there was no common political ground at which all Igbos could work for the general interest of the group. We saw the Igbo Governors in PDP, and another group in the ANPP led by Chuba Okadigbo and a new APGA led by Ojukwu. It was even fair to say that Chuba Okadigbo decamped from the PDP to the ANPP and didn’t have a strong political following in the SE. Had the Igbo come together to support say a Chuba Okadigbo with Buhari, the much flaunted Obasanjo presidency would have ended in 2003. But that never happened. Ojukwu was simply a spoiler and had no business contesting elections. Had he played the role Zik played, he would have used his rallying ground to influence Igbo votes for Buhari/Okadigbo in 2003.
Be an overt hater and enemy to every Nigerian ethnic group for 364 days of the year to then expect them cast their vote for you on the 365th day of the year. Only the deluded Igbos can think like that.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nexus25(f): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
It is crystal clear from the above submission that East has always aligned with the North..

You guys on several occasions dished "southern solidarity" for selfish reason.

Why are you now crying foul now?

Anyways,

Tinubu2023
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nexus25:
It is crystal clear from the above submission that East has always aligned with the North..

You guys on several occasions dished "southern solidarity" for selfish reason.

Why are you now crying foul now?

Anyways,

Tinubu2023
Explain what you mean by alliance with the north? Did the Igbos form same party with the north? It’s on record that the east have always contested independently against other region.

In 1960 we practiced parliamentary system of government as done in the UK. The NCNC has the highest number of votes while the NPC has the highest number of seats. This ignited the constitutional process for a coalition. That’s was why we had a joint government of the NPC/NCNC.
Now, while the NPC produced the Prime Minister, the NCNC produced the President. So where did the east aligned with the north?

I’ve heard some funny talks about Awolowo visiting Azikiwe for a joint coalition? How can that be possible when the ball was in the court of NPC who won the majority seats. If really Awolowo had such intentions he would have convinced Zik earlier before the 1958 election to form a mega party with the AG where both would go into the elections under one party. For instance a Southern People’s Party as the merger. In this case Zik would have become the leader of the party while Awo emerges the Prime minister or the other way round. But such never happened, because of the cross carpeting of the NCNC stalwarts to the AG in the western region. And Zik never trusted Awo ever since that incident.

Second in the 1979 elections the Igbos stood with Azikiwe’s NPP, the same way the west stood with Awolowo’s UPN. The NPP won the Imo, Anambra, Plateau and Borno states but lost Rivers and Cross Rivers to NPN. Awolowo’s UPN won Bendel state.

Shagari’s NPN got their redemption in states such as Rivers and Cross Rivers who has some form of Igbophobia post civil war and voted the north enmass. It was from this victory that the NPN compensated Chief Joseph Wayas from Ogoja with the Senate Presidency. So tell me, where was the so called alliance with the north.

Even Azikiwe’s NPP got a higher number of votes than Awolowo’s UPN in 1979 and by virtue of that produced the Speaker of the house. Again how did the Igbos align with the north. The first time the Igbos truly aligned with the north per say was in 1993 with NRC Tofa. And even that alliance is disputed because of how Abiola got a large chunk of votes in Igbo states.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nexus25(f): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
UdechiHD:
Explain what you mean by alliance with the north? Did the Igbos form same party with the north? It’s on record that the east have always contested independently against other region.

In 1960 we practiced parliamentary system of government as done in the UK. The NCNC has the highest number of votes while the NPC has the highest number of seats. This ignited the constitutional process for a coalition. That’s was why we had a joint government of the NPC/NCNC.
Now, while the NPC produced the Prime Minister, the NCNC produced the President. So where did the east aligned with the north?

I’ve heard some funny talks about Awolowo visiting Azikiwe for a joint coalition? How can that be possible when the ball was in the court of NPC who won the majority seats. If really Awolowo had such intentions he would have convinced Zik earlier before the 1958 election to form a mega party with the AG where both would go into the elections under one party. For instance a Southern People’s Party as the merger. In this case Zik would have become the leader of the party while Awo emerges the Prime minister or the other way round. But such never happened, because of the cross carpeting of the NCNC stalwarts to the AG in the western region. And Zik never trusted Awo ever since that incident.

Second in the 1979 elections the Igbos stood with Azikiwe’s NPP, the same way the west stood with Awolowo’s UPN. The NPP won the Imo, Anambra, Plateau and Borno states but lost Rivers and Cross Rivers to NPN. Awolowo’s UPN won Bendel state.

Shagari’s NPN got their redemption in states such as Rivers and Cross Rivers who has some form of Igbophobia post civil war and voted the north enmass. It was from this victory that the NPN compensated Chief Joseph Wayas from Ogoja with the Senate Presidency. So tell me, where was the so called alliance with the north.

Even Azikiwe’s NPP got a higher number of votes than Awolowo’s UPN in 1979 and by virtue of that produced the Speaker of the house. Again how did the Igbos align with the north. The first time the Igbos truly aligned with the north per say was in 1993 with NRC Tofa. And even that alliance is disputed because of how Abiola got a large chunk of votes in Igbo states.

Enugu 284,050, 263,101 won by Tofa

Abia 151,227, 105,273 won by Tofa

Imo 195,836, 159,350 won by Tofa

Anambra 159,258, 212,024

The election of a Northerner against a Southerner, above is the result from the brothers down south.

What a solidarity, a unity. A group demanding for the support of those they have betrayed on several occasions

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nexus25:

Enugu 284,050, 263,101 won by Tofa

Abia 151,227, 105,273 won by Tofa

Imo 195,836, 159,350 won by Tofa

Anambra 159,258, 212,024

The election of a Northerner against a Southerner, above is the result from the brothers down south.

What a solidarity, a unity. A group demanding for the support of those they have betrayed on several occasions
Yes, that was the result in the SE. And the 1993 elections reflected for the first time since independence, a level of acceptance of Yoruba candidacy in Igboland.
The SDP and the NRC were polarized in the SE. Ndigbo did not pick a particular party as their sole representatives. Why? Because it was the first time that we had a two party system in Nigeria. So we had to throw our hats into both parties, unfortunately the SDP and NRC Presidential ticket eluded our sons.

For instance, Arthur Nzeribe, Chukwuemeka Ezeife a lot of Igbo statemen where members of the SDP. As a matter of fact the SDP was even more Igbotic in approach than the NRC. Arthur Nzeribe for instance was in the running for the Presidential ticket of the SDP but was disqualified for reasons best known to the NEC.

The NRC on the other hand, had some notable Igbo politicians. But their ranks got swelled by the infighting of Arthur Nzeribe’s camp in the SDP. Do not forget that Nzeribe left the party after the elections in his failure to get a deal with Abiola. At the end we saw him join the Babangida sponsored ABN which filed for the cancellation of the elections in court.
But in all the NRC got the momentum in the SE as a result of kinship votes to Sylvester Ugoh. The votes alloted to Abiola’s SDP was fair, you don’t expect a Sylvester Ugoh to be beaten in his home. Abiola winning one state out of 4 and gaining 40% votes in others was fair. Let’s face it, the 60% votes for Ugoh is bad result if you look at it from a tribal lens. Not even the minority tribes will give such result to their son, but the Igbos did it and yet you open your mouths to vilify them.

Exchange Sylvester Ugoh for a Yoruba man and Abiola for an Igbo man, I bet you the Yoruba’s would never give 5% of votes to the Igboman. And many of you cannot deny this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Below is the data of votes between SDP and NRC. Note the SE states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Isingidi Moves To Stop Azubogu As APGA's Anambra South Senatorial Candidate / Ex-militants Bomb Hotel In Osubi, Okpe LGA,Delta State / Ajimobi Sacks 3 Commissioners For Inefficiency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.