Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:38 PM

Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients (51452 Views)

Spanish Hospital Where Coughing Coronavirus Patients Lay On Floor Of Corridor / Coronavirus Patients On Life Support In Italian Quarantine Centre (Graphic Pix) / Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by deenee: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
viccipedia:
Lol... these guys bring more confusion than updates... what are we supposed to make of this info? 9000 have been traced, but only 2000 have been tested.

Are the remaining 7000 quarantined somewhere or they’re living their lives and spreading miss Rona?

Nigeria remains a joke. Take it or die!

You don't need to be sarcastic or display your level of ignorance here. The fact that 9k people have had contact with the confirmed cases does not mean all of them will automatically be infected with the virus. This is the reason why contact tracing is important and to educate people to self isolate and if they display symptoms get treatment all with the hope of flattening the curve.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Dreal1247:
One of the problems with some of our leaders in this country is that they act or speak before thinking. Next moment, they will start defending themselves after receiving verbal lashes from the masses.

Like Ngozi Iweala
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by juman(m): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Our FG has done better than trump.

Trump failing to lead.
Their states competing with one another to buy needed hospital equipment, competing to do corona tests, etc.

America situation is tragic situation.

Trump can do better. Should do better.
I watched on tv how NY governor lamented.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by bodmas3000(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
Weldone Minister of Health but I will like to know the fact and how they contacted them We know ourselves in this Country we are So Corrupt so don't deceive Us oo
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Ezmans: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2020
viccipedia:
Lol... these guys bring more confusion than updates... what are we supposed to make of this info? 9000 have been traced, but only 2000 have been tested.

Are the remaining 7000 quarantined somewhere or they’re living their lives and spreading miss Rona?

please who is paying this trasncorp hotel bill
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
Now that I know, let me go from house to house and fish the 9,000 persons out.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by sirchrislatestn(m): 6:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
ur story is complicated no landlord will chase u out except d landlord is insane ok
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Positiveme2020: 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
victoriaify1992:
My kids are really hungry and the worse of it all is that right now we are homeless. My landlord has asked us to pack out of the house as the rent expired since and the 3 months he gave us will expire by the end of this April 2020 which I don't know where to face with my children. My husband was duped through a friend I trusted and introduced to him through my elder brother for traveling document since then he has never been his real self. As I am typing this in tears I don't even know he's way about since August 10th, 2019 till now. He has abounded me and the kids because his family never wanted us together right from day one. And after this predicament, he abandoned us I have contacted all the family members' friends and everyone I know, but they are all coming up with different and almost the same topic that they are all waiting to hear from him. I know God has a purpose in everything and only him in Heaven knows what he is doing. I love my family so very much and depression, thinking, sleepless nights and hungry really want to collect my kids and I. Now house rent issue and I have until the end of this month to pack out of this house please Nigerians. Help my children and me in any way you can please. I was advised to be very careful about an online advantage taking but I'm left with no choice. You can call text or WhatsApp me for more clarification. I have no other choice, please. You can check my full post on my profile

This is my number

+2349034519640

How do we verify this claim. Its now becoming a trend now.
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by ALABACONNECT(m): 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2020
The truth is, most times I actually feel like this virus has spread farther than we actually think but due to the hike in hygiene and use of good diets, many people might have gotten healed of what they Didn't know they had

My thoughts tho

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by whizbee(m): 7:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
Walkingkilo:
It's so pathetic!
I can boldly confirm to you that there are more than 5,000 cases of coronavirus in Lagos only. The ones NCDC reports are the ones they found and tested with the few tests they manage to carry out.. Lots of suspected coronavirus cases don't get tested.

Like you, I doubt the numbers, but based on what you said, do you have probable facts to back it up? I'd really love to learn

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by LagosWahala: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2020
viccipedia:

We have less than 500 cases and have conducted over 5000 tests. Clearly some, even if not all have been tested.
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Uniqueteco(m): 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Bria234:
Worst govemt
Apparently there are over 10000 cases already, they are just being lenient with the release of the true data. Bunch of looters
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Mypeople2(m): 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
victoriaify1992:
My kids are really hungry and the worse of it all is that right now we are homeless. My landlord has asked us to pack out of the house as the rent expired since and the 3 months he gave us will expire by the end of this April 2020 which I don't know where to face with my children. My husband was duped through a friend I trusted and introduced to him through my elder brother for traveling document since then he has never been his real self. As I am typing this in tears I don't even know he's way about since August 10th, 2019 till now. He has abounded me and the kids because his family never wanted us together right from day one. And after this predicament, he abandoned us I have contacted all the family members' friends and everyone I know, but they are all coming up with different and almost the same topic that they are all waiting to hear from him. I know God has a purpose in everything and only him in Heaven knows what he is doing. I love my family so very much and depression, thinking, sleepless nights and hungry really want to collect my kids and I. Now house rent issue and I have until the end of this month to pack out of this house please Nigerians. Help my children and me in any way you can please. I was advised to be very careful about an online advantage taking but I'm left with no choice. You can call text or WhatsApp me for more clarification. I have no other choice, please. You can check my full post on my profile

This is my number

+2349034519640
I humbly sympathize with you but stories these days can not be trusted .So many fabrications these days just to grasp money from people
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Sheriman(m): 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Walai this Lockdown go extend till October
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
If you are one of them kindly report to them o. We will be praying for you
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Herdeytoun93: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
This is a very big lie.... Nigeria is just a joke... I wish a have my way out... Ghana sef better pass Naija. SMH
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Hero2k9: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
viccipedia:

Honestly speaking its another avenue for them to extend the lockdown #contact tracing #
But there's something THEY don't want us to know.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by yaki84: 7:38pm On Apr 14, 2020
victoriaify1992:

This is my number

+2349034519640
All I can do is quote this post, hopefully help is lurking around

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by CodeTemplar: 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Seun:
They need to be tested.
They need to but testing is tedious. I read about Dutch scientist saying one of the best place to detect the presense of corona is excretal. They seem to be going in that direction and are targeting a test that uses that.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Perfecttouchade: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
There is something we are not been told... Chinese don enter Nigeria, now the number are beginning to rise with style ok o

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by TemmyT002(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Gooddoorman:
What’s happening in Equador?

Horror
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by madridsta007(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
viccipedia:

Nigeria was argurably or debatably a joke some years ago. We could debate it and either win or loose the debate.

Nigeria became a confirmed joke when Nigerians, in 2015, voted in a confirmed tribalist and a proven incompetent individual as joke.
It is this incompetent individual that is vested with the authority to steer Nigeria through a recession which, as IMF has predicted, would be the worst in 30 years.
Coronavirus started yet this individual did not close the borders as advised but waited till his children and children of the elites came through the airports, bringing the virus with them. To a country without the health infrastructure of managing itself without a crisis, let alone managing itself with a crisis.
Nigeria and Nigerians should sit tight as the country is about to experience a painful reminder of why it is evil to vote in based on tribe, ethnicity and religion. Unless, of course, if God intervenes.

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by adanny01(m): 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
Seun:
Do you work for the NCDC? If so, I urge you to create threads educating us about the situation.

I don't work for any govt.

My chair, when the govt says 9000 people met with confirmed cases. Direct implication is, there is 9000 people exposed to the virus and the number is geometrically increasing with more exposure if Nigerians don't obey the lockdown. The more we go out, the number of potential cases, not only in arithmetic progression but in geometric progression.

The implication of the headline is what every single poster on the 1st page has missed.

But what are the post in the first page saying. None of them seem to take any point from the government's statement. Most infact want to berate the government. For telling us the truth?

The way people assume this govt tells lies, thats the way when this govt tells the truth, we will flush it down the toilet as usual.

Modified

To add, i just came back from a burial from my village in Kaduna where the state imposed a lockdown. The no of hands I shook today should be well of 20 and the crowd was well over 300 even with the lockdown.

Assuming 9000 exposed people exposed 20 each. That will be 180,000 Nigerians. Another round of 20 will be over 3.6m ppl.

This is even an arithmetic progression o.

Not until we see dead bodies on the streets, Nigerians will keep playing with this thing and we cant blame the govt.
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Otosebaba: 8:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Same thoughts as mine...
viccipedia:

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Ayobami7(m): 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by yeman1(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Another way to embezzled money cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by bahaushe1: 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2020
Investnow2017:

Can those asymptomatic transmit the virus? If so don't you think it is wise to have all tested like Germany and other nations fighting this virus do?

Yes. They can. But the cost implication is high. They are usually placed on supervised isolation.
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by letitrainnow(m): 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
Stay safe and smart.
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by martinsaba: 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
Who told you only 2000 persons have been tested. Stop spreading falsehood
viccipedia:

1 Like

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
Seun:
They need to be tested.
Oga Seun abeg no forget us nairalanders in this trying times even if the government does not care!
Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by tuslakoncept: 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
Never run out of black seed/oil this period

Black seed oil contains thymoquinone that does the magic.
BS has anti viral properties, anti inflammatory, Anti cancer properties, works on blood sugar, blood pressure, infections, growths, tumours...

A special gift from nature, number one immune booster. There is a slogan that black seed cures anything but death.

Order from Tusla 07031315222, 08180705560

Re: Osagie Ehanire: 9,000 Persons Have Met With Confirmed Coronavirus Patients by deolu2000(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
We just have to increase our testing capacity. The more we delay, the bigger the chances of exposure of people to carriers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Remembering How I Became Blind Makes Me Sad —31-year-old Computer Scientist / 56-Year-Old Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Lagos After Returning From US / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.