Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,659 members, 7,965,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:20 PM

Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform (968 Views)

Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate / APGA To Sue Fashola, Demands N20b damages / Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
From inside source i heard that there are moves by ACN and APGA to make an alliance towards the 2011 Election and APGA is willing to feed

Professor Dora Akunluyi as Nuhu Ribadu running mate on the platform of ACN
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Justcash(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2011
barnabasj:

From inside source i heard that there are moves by ACN and APGA to make an alliance towards the 2011 Election and APGA is willing to feed

They gat my vote if they do that. I don't believe that Tinubu and co will allow this and I doubt your source too.
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Olaedo1: 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
Your news is highly unlikely. According to your information, she would have to drop out of the senatorial race, which is the key reason for her leaving the presidency.Not happening.
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by aljharem(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
i think this is good news so long as they want to develop the country, i am in ful support of it but will tinubu agree to that undecided
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by jason123: 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
barnabasj:

unlikely. . . . . undecided
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2011
someone i know who is an inside source is attending the meeting where they are facilitating the Merger plans and as soon as Ribadu emerge ,APGA is will to Name Dora Akunluyi for the VP slot
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
Yo threadstarter, it prolly just crossed the minds of a few people. This is definitely a non-starter!
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by tolu001: 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2011
@OP That's not going to be possible. . . stop day-dreaming
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Obiagu1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
I can't be true.
, but if it is true and they win, looters will simply go on self-exile before they are sworn in.
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by dayokanu(m): 8:00pm On Jan 06, 2011
Good combo.
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by DisGuy: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
which kind good combo

both of them will be stooges a bit like this johnny boy

they have no real political clout and experience, what does she know apart from announcing contracts every Wednesday
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Arosa(m): 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
Interesting
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by aljharem(m): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2011
Dis Guy:

which kind good combo

they have no real political clout and experience, what does she know apart from announcing contracts every Wednesday

and how will they get experience if they are not tested undecided
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by DisGuy: 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2011
the top spot is not where you get experience
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by marvix(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
This merger would not make sense in the 2011 elections, both of them should spend a term in the senate each and pair up as the arrowhead of all oppositon party against a weakened and disillusioned PDP in 2015.

Even if Dora is to be a VP candidate in 2011 she should be behind Buhari, while Ribadu takes the senatorial seat from his constituency, this would be a merger of the CPC,ACn,APGA,LP but ANPP should never be allowed into the merger, the opposition will be better off without the ANPP.
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by dayokanu(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2011
Dis Guy:

which kind good combo

AT least we are all witness to the political eldorado that the clout and experience of OBJ, UMYA and GEJ jas landed our country.

UMYA and GEJ have been in executive roles for 8trs before become President and VP and we can see the result
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by DisGuy: 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2011
competence is not the only thing you need to lead nigeria! You need to have people that actually have influence in their party, do you really think these two have an influence? they may be able to do the job quite alright but they will be bullied off the field

these two don't have any levels in their individual parties they cant convince anybody on their own
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by Onlytruth(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
I don't think she'll go for it with Ribadu. The political risk is too high.

Now, with a Buhari in a merger involving ACN, CPC and APGA, Akunyili will do the magic for the ticket.
Buhari will bring the brawn while she brings the brains.

Both of them would be no-nonsense straight poles of leadership. They would straighten Nigeria almost overnight. cool
And for the first time, we may actually head somewhere.

But knowing Nigeria well, such combination will scare the usual "stakeholders" who always prefer "dark horse" politicians at the eleventh hour.

Ribadu is too inexperienced to run a presidential campaign with all the intrigues and maneuvers.
Re: Apga To Name Dora Akunluyi As Nuhu Ribadu Vp On Acn Platform by soldee: 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ Onlytruth you got that one wrong. Dora will bring the brawn while Buhari will bring brains smiley.

BTW Dora left PDP because Peter Obi promised to hand over to her after his own 8yrs if she can scuttle Soludo's governorship bid for him. It would be smoother if she already served as Senator for 4yrs. I hope Dora hasn't been hoodwinked. Right now her eye dey shine only '1st Female Governor of Anambra State'

(1) (Reply)

CPC Meets On Buhari’s Choice Of Bakare Monday / Assassins Attack Ijaw National Congress President / Video: Tunisian Tv Shows Ousted President Ben Ali's Hidden Treasures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.