Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,107 members, 7,919,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:48 AM

Re: Govt Begins Closure Of Phcn, Transfers Workers . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Govt Begins Closure Of Phcn, Transfers Workers . (1113 Views)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Xenophobia: Malawi Begins Closure Of S'african Businesses / Govt Begins Closure Of Phcn, Transfers Workers . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Govt Begins Closure Of Phcn, Transfers Workers . by leyom234: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2011
Nigerians often ask the question that where is the 16 billion dollars Obasanjo spent on PHCN? Obasanjo never said he spent 16 Billion Dollars on PHCN. He said he spent it on the power sector. That is to say the money was spent between OBJ and the ministry of power. And the policy that established NEPA/PHCN states that they are to run on existing infrastructure. So it is not PHCN's duty to generate power: it is their duty to only buy power and sell to Nigerians .For God's sake why are Nigerians this daft ? If truly OBJ spent that much on PHCN and we know there is nothing to show for it, the next thing for EFCC or ICPC is to arrest PHCN officials and investigate. That is the normal practice. A good example is that of Tafa Balogun. So why has EFCC or ICPC not arrested any PHCN official ? Since we know that the federal government uses EFCC as a fighting weapon on its enemies and that has never happened to PHCN, government is fully responsible for electricity failure in Nigeria.
I am well informed about PHCN and I wish to ask Nigerians that who knows that PHCN does not generate power? Has anybody ever heard of the name TRANSISCOM ? That name sounds like they have a relationship with TRANSCORP. TRANSISCOM is the company that the Nigerian govt is using to generate power. They sell the power we use in Nigeria to a transmission company that eventually sells to PHCN before PHCN sells to me and you. So tell me !!! Is PHCN our problem or the Nigerian goverement ?
The government of Nigeria is not a serious one .Many of our so-called political leaders have ventured into electricity production.Many of them already have generating plants but have they ever been able to generate a nini-watt not to talk of mega watts. Because they have not been able to succeed to fully establish power business, they want to use their influence to snatch the already existing one that belongs to Nigerians. That is the extent of the greed of our leaders.
At this point in time , they want to increase electricity tariff . First , the current tariff is 5 naira but they claim that it is actually 13 naira but the govt subsides it to 5 naira. So, the govt has to withdraw the subsidy on electricity before they will be able to attract private investors. That is to say 13 naira + profit (can be any amount)= may be 25 or 30 naira. I leave the calculation to fellow Nigerians to do.
Now they say the reason for tariff increase is to attract private investors and yet,news paper report that the government is already transferring PHCN staffs to the intending private owners. How can the govt transfer PHCN to private companies that don't exist yet. Why do we allow ourselves to be fooled by the thiefs. Privatization of PHCN is not the answer to our problems. The solution to our problem is commitment to the lives of the people by the government. And if they still insist they want to sell , why don't they want to pay PHCN staffs their entitlement ? I rest my case.

(1) (Reply)

Man Arresting For Abusing Governor On Facebook / Buhari Withdraws From Presidential Race; Backs Mallam Nuhu Ribadu / Channels Tv Update: Ngige Declared Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.